Author Topic: Have You Ever Been on TV?  (Read 2861 times)

keepthefunkalive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 130
Re: Have You Ever Been on TV?
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2021, 11:59:05 PM »
I was once a scared child shaking george bush sr's hand at a 4th of july parade in my town, and on tv. If I could go back and give him the stinkpalm or maybe have a pie on hand to throw in his face, I would. Hell, I'd take a proper assault charge. Live and learn.

Kids, if you're listening/reading. Go to jail if you have the chance to humiliate a politician publicly (unless they're one of the few ok ones).

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 852
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2021, 07:19:17 AM »
I was interviewed for national prime time news back in 2006 in New Zealand about the labour shortage for chefs and they basically wanted me to convince people to do apprenticeship's which I backed.
It was gonna be aired a few days later and my fucking boss won't give me the time off to watch it down the pub with all my mates. I quit the job sion after.
I had the chick who interviewed me's card and rang her and told her what happened, she sent me a VHS tape of it, which my girlfriend at the time recorded over with a fucking buffy episode..

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2322
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2021, 10:27:05 PM »
Yes. Many times.
I was interviewed by a news crew as a firefighter on a wildfire.
I was also interviewed when a business I had opened was featured in a news segment.
At that same business (bar/nightclub) a regular at one of our regular monthly events asked me if I would act on the television comedy sketch show he produced for a small local station here in SF. I was in that two times as a featured role.
I’ve also been a background extra, or small 1 to 2 line parts in a number of films.
I’m pleased to know that the archives of the sketch comedy show do not appear to be publicly available, as I was not, in retrospect, fond of my 2nd performance.
I wish I could say that I once, while wearing zombie face paint, had told a nice news reporter that was doing a piece about Waterfront Park in Portland that I liked turtles.
Alas… I am no Jonathan.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1384
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2022, 10:32:05 AM »
I was on local tv for having a really good stat line in football. They said my name wrong but it was very cool seeing video of me scoring a touchdown on the news.

Banned from the room

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2022, 01:30:15 PM »
I was in a few films as a kid. Public access. I only remember one title. It was called A Writers World. That was the first time maybe idk.

I've been on the news more than a few times. Being on the methadone mile in Boston every morning will do that.

There was the Green day riot in 94. My mom was pissed af.

Um...

I'm in mad concert videos last few years idk if that counts

They are on YouTube now. Like 10 "Mustache productions" that's my friend Brian. Those are from 2014-2018 or so.

I been in some Graff tapes. Idk if that counts as tv.

I have graffiti in some bigger films but it was just because I use to be up like a mutha.

The one feature film kept showing this handstyle I did in 97. I wish it wasn't there. I think the movies called Manchester by the Sea or something like that. I'm probably wrong. It was filmed in Lynn. Very Toy ass handstyle.

I've never watched it but I seen some stills.

I have a piece of a piece in a movie starring the die hard guy.

My hat was in that whitey bulger movie with Captain Jack Sparrow as whitey Bulger. I made 300% profit off that cap

I may have a throw up in the baker video. Someone said that they was filming at the Lynn train station I'm in the background. It was crazy old and I still have the spot because it's out of buffing reach. I don't hate it but it's not flattering.

I'm in a court tv video going to jail for testing positive for weed at drug court. I've never watched it. Probation though it was funny. I did not.

It's terrible being a legend like this. I'm about to cry..

The civil War reenactments my dad forced on us every weekend in the 80s and early 90s got filmed all the time. He said we're in a bunch of videos. I never cared to look.

I was told I couldn't come to any more reenactments unless I wear period dress. I didn't want to be there anyway. I was always just going so I could skate a different places. That's how I found my way to love park.

I definitely wasn't down with standing in a field in a wool uniform or civilian clothes getting heat stroke till I decided to play dead. All those guys were insanely racist. It should be obvious. they romanticize the past.

Almost everyone who's screaming we got to go back in time to the golden age is sick in some way.

Last time I know I was on tv was when I was supposed to be in Ghostbusters the remake. They took interest in me but I bailed. Was not down to fill out the paperwork for the guild. Huge frickin mistake. I thought I might lose my disability and become even more homeless.

The local news was there and accidentally filmed me in the background as I was walking away pockets full of catering because I was starving to death at that time.

There's likely

There's more but whatever. None of it is positive in any way.

But this!!!

I was in the last pals video. It's the greatest thing that's ever happened to me that has to do with the tv.

I luv you all and hope this year is the year we all are on the tv for something beautiful non violent and pure.

chris.

• Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2022, 09:06:24 PM »
About 10 years ago my family's business was featured on the Food Network (I was not involved) and in 2019 they came back and filmed a follow up where I was the focus. The segment was mostly old footage from the first episode so I'm not sure I was all that great ha.

I also received a big fake check on a news segment about a year ago.

biaherl

• Rep: 274
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2022, 09:40:01 PM »
I was on Corey Haim's first TV show many times. He begged my mom to smuggle him in our luggage when we moved to LA

My first paycheck was as a stunt double for Paul Edison. I bought a Walkman with the check and took it to show and tell at school

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 69
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2022, 11:16:11 PM »
Does it count if I once sat courtside at a Raptors game and saw myself on the highlights the next day?

FUBAR

• Rep: 249
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2022, 05:38:39 AM »
I got interviewed by a news crew at Mardi Gras in like 1999. Probably chose me because I had a bra on my head. No idea where I got it. I guess I kept repeating “its all about having fun!” so I’m sure they cut my drunk/blacked out ass.

Ambient Johnny

• Rep: -14
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2022, 07:06:28 AM »
Was on television being arrested by at least four police, didn't know they would air that, saw it while at home over christmas. Was not too happy about it at the time hah.

Was also filmed boardsliding a 3m ledge down some stairs with a huge tear in the crotch region, but don't actually know if that got shown.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2022, 11:38:58 AM »
I was on the news in third grade. My teacher was a kooky (and super cool) old lady who wore different colored shoes each day and was obsessed with the Macarena.

Guess the news found out she would have us do the dance for exercise and came to check it out.

nonickname

• Rep: 87
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2022, 09:16:54 PM »
Maybe 1988 or 89. Hopped up on stage at a D.R.I show to dive off...got too close to the Amp stack and a bouncer grabbed me (maybe 150 soaking wet at the time) and threw me off stage. It made the MuchMusic Power 30 that week and everyone at school knew it was me due to the grey away Detroit Tigers jersey I was wearing (fairly rare in Toronto) and long hair.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2022, 02:15:38 AM »
- In 2004 I was in Time Square, saw a WWE film crew and walked up to them to see what they were filming. Ended up getting asked questions on camera by Todd Grisham back in his early days with the WWE

We were on a late-fall high school trip to NYC and my friends had no idea who the hell he was, but as a wrestling fan I was tripping. He was asking people who they thought was going to win the Royal Rumble in January. I said Chris Benoit, and that’s the year he won. I have no idea if it ever aired, but they made me sign a waiver and I was filmed.

funny, my only time was at that royal rumble. Benoit was #1 entrant, and as he's walking down they cut to my sign, BENOIT IS GOING TO WMXXI (or whichever one it was)". He ended up winning and they cut to my sign again. Bonus, for the wrestle mania pre-match hype video, they also showed it. I was beyond hyped.

another time I was at a smackdown I believe, hogan was only a few months into his return to wwf, we had aisle seats, I had a sign that said "hogan... still runnin wild!" So hogans coming down the aisle doing his thing, he stops turns toward me and does a sweet hogan point at me, takes my sign, and is holding it up. so hyped. so we taped it at home and when we got back, we watched it, and as he starts making his way toward me, they say, "lets cut back to last week" and show the events leading up to this match, and when they come back, hogans already in the ring. bummer.

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2022, 02:38:21 PM »
I was on The Captain and Casey show but I never saw it. I was making Pizza with the Captain
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 05:26:41 PM by woodsman »

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2022, 06:40:45 PM »
I was interviewed for a news channel for a bit they were doing on a hospital, and how they help people really well. Had received a brain haemorrhage from bombing a hill helmetless, and I passed out a few hours later.
Recovered enough to leave in 10 days, which was notable enough for a couple of minutes of airtime on the news for me.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2022, 07:05:39 AM »
Made it onto Canadian local tv news walking past in the background, when I was over in Victoria visiting family.

I was also in the crowd on a gameshow type thing filmed outdoors in my local city.

My wife was an extra in a rather terrible film "Finding Bliss"... i've never actually been able to see her in it as tracking down a physical copy or finding it on streaming here in the UK is next to impossible...but apparently she's in the spin the bottle scene at the start of the film.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2022, 11:24:52 AM »
Maybe 1988 or 89. Hopped up on stage at a D.R.I show to dive off...got too close to the Amp stack and a bouncer grabbed me (maybe 150 soaking wet at the time) and threw me off stage. It made the MuchMusic Power 30 that week and everyone at school knew it was me due to the grey away Detroit Tigers jersey I was wearing (fairly rare in Toronto) and long hair.

I like this story. DRI is sweet

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2022, 06:00:02 AM »
I made poop jokes on the news once.

animalflesh

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2022, 06:01:46 AM »
I was on Regis and Kathy lee in like 99 hahah, holding my rare breed dog (Thailand ridgeback)

Had a sick South Park t shirt on

krookedjuice

• Rep: 33
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2022, 06:33:06 AM »
I was on a David Blaine street magic special once. filmed for over an hour and they only used 2 seconds of the footage.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 708
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2022, 07:50:41 AM »
i was on the news once to meet the mayor cause i won a skate contest where you had to make a video part, and they played my part as well. it was just some local canada shit, probably like 10 people saw it

i was on a stream that had like 60k viewers beating a top player in street fighter though

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2022, 09:00:32 PM »
I was on Top of the Pops in the mud 90s. I was skating in  music video for some long forgotten band.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 85
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2022, 01:47:13 PM »
I've spoken on television twice...

The first time I was a stupid little grom at Woodward and Sal Masekela was interviewing people about the X-games... I talked about Bob Burnquist's run the last year that won him the contest in 2000. It was dumb and I looked fat on television and It bummed me out.

The second time was in 2013. I had just moved to Los Angeles and as a joke applied to be in one of those courtroom tv shows. Exactly like Judge Judy but its all fake... It was called America's Court with Judge Ross... The next day they call me and tell me to come in because I got the part... I was shocked... They gave me a piece of paper with like 3 sentences on it, saying my name was Jason Washington, the name of the person suing me and my relationship to them... 5 minutes later I was on a courtroom set... With a big audience, cameras and everything... They said action and I just had to make a bunch of shit up... It was fucking weird... Then like a month later my uncle calls me and asks why I was pretending my name was Jason Washington and why the fuck was I on syndicated tv.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 711
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2022, 11:22:18 PM »
I've spoken on television twice...

The first time I was a stupid little grom at Woodward and Sal Masekela was interviewing people about the X-games... I talked about Bob Burnquist's run the last year that won him the contest in 2000. It was dumb and I looked fat on television and It bummed me out.

The second time was in 2013. I had just moved to Los Angeles and as a joke applied to be in one of those courtroom tv shows. Exactly like Judge Judy but its all fake... It was called America's Court with Judge Ross... The next day they call me and tell me to come in because I got the part... I was shocked... They gave me a piece of paper with like 3 sentences on it, saying my name was Jason Washington, the name of the person suing me and my relationship to them... 5 minutes later I was on a courtroom set... With a big audience, cameras and everything... They said action and I just had to make a bunch of shit up... It was fucking weird... Then like a month later my uncle calls me and asks why I was pretending my name was Jason Washington and why the fuck was I on syndicated tv.

Lol, please change your username to Jason Washington  ;D
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2022, 09:18:34 AM »
Was on Double Dare as a teenager 13 or so, I made it to last round and my “partner” which was a random gal btw that’s how they chose to be on teams.

Well we were going to win a matching freestyle box’s but she failed to reach me in a relay race. I’m sure it’s on paramount+ but I don’t want to relive that moment lol.

Marc Summer’s is an absolute asshole really persistent on being a curt man. Any questions and if you didn’t add fast enough you’d be cutoff.

nose stalin

• Rep: -8
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2022, 09:57:40 AM »
i was on Fox recently.

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2022, 05:30:46 PM »
I think I was almost on TV, but it was strange.  I was walking down the street after a skate session and these people randomly stopped me.  They asked me a random trivia question, which I didn't know the answer to, so they cheated and told me.  So I repeated it into the mic.  Then they asked me if I could do a trick, so I managed to land one.  Then they asked if they could use it for TV, but the whole scenario was a bit confusing(because there were apparently hidden cameras), so I declined.  I kind of regret it because it would have been neat to have a trick broadcast on TV.  They still gave me $10 though which was rad.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2022, 05:31:02 AM »
I was on Top of the Pops in the mud 90s. I was skating in  music video for some long forgotten band.

New Jonah Hill movie starring Bam?

tranny in the streets

• Rep: 12
  • Gronk
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2022, 05:35:10 AM »
I'm not sure which ones made it to TV or which channel they aired, but I was in a few local ads and most of them were skateboarding related. The first ever one I did I just had to pretend I was building a skate park just waving my hands around moving things digitally (added in post) like Iron Man with a bunch of other skaters. I was in a Samsung ad too for some reason, and then a couple of smaller productions.

More recently I did an ad which paid me the best out of every job I ever had (in this industry) it was about USD$450 for a day and all I had to do was fall off my board and get picked up by a homie. It was super hot that day and I went to work at 7 am right after I finished my night shift so that was crazy. It was apparently for an ad in some other country, didn't ask about the details too much.

Working in front of a camera is honestly pretty scary for me but they pay decent and it's fun work (for extras at least, you just sit around and wait for your scene and eat whatever food they give you and abuse your privileges with free beverages, etc.)