Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 185712 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #2070 on: September 16, 2022, 07:42:27 AM »
Expand Quote
i think he was mad that i wanted to see a legit kader part
[close]

I don't understand how you missed kader's output though. He dropped something literally this week

My post above was supposed to be more general but yeah, this is kinda my point.

Kader has SO MUCH good footage out and he's not even 20 yet. He's had multiple "legit" parts that are a quick YouTube search away, but there's always some idiot trying to call that into question. Or trying to say he's blowing it because he smokes weed or something. The thread in reference wasn't even about Kader, but for some reason people took it upon themselves to complain about him as if he's supposed to have a part in a video he's not on the line up for.

And again, sus as hell to see a post about black skaters being criticized unfairly and take that as an invite to list a bunch of black skaters you have issues with. I know takes on Slap should generally be taken with a grain of salt, but they're noticeably less fair in this context. I'll never forget the dude who tried to claim that Tyshawn's trash can tricks weren't impressive because he claimed Tompkins wasn't perfectly flat. Fuckin' woof.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2071 on: September 16, 2022, 08:01:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't understand how you missed kader's output though. He dropped something literally this week
[close]

Kader has SO MUCH good footage out and he's not even 20 yet. He's had multiple "legit" parts that are a quick YouTube search away, but there's always some idiot trying to call that into question. Or trying to say he's blowing it because he smokes weed or something. The thread in reference wasn't even about Kader, but for some reason people took it upon themselves to complain about him as if he's supposed to have a part in a video he's not on the line up for.

And again, sus as hell to see a post about black skaters being criticized unfairly and take that as an invite to list a bunch of black skaters you have issues with. I know takes on Slap should generally be taken with a grain of salt, but they're noticeably less fair in this context. I'll never forget the dude who tried to claim that Tyshawn's trash can tricks weren't impressive because he claimed Tompkins wasn't perfectly flat. Fuckin' woof.

Quit crying “wolf” and just say STOP. That shit is annoying and unsafe on a job site and this one.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2072 on: September 16, 2022, 09:10:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Quit crying “wolf” and just say STOP. That shit is annoying and unsafe on a job site and this one.
Is this about how people from Norcal pronounce wolf as woof?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #2073 on: September 16, 2022, 09:39:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Just my unpopular opinion lol

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #2074 on: September 16, 2022, 12:21:52 PM »
Frog and Worble are both fun. All these wholesome kids out enjoying themselves makes me happy for them. Back in my day skaters were uptight about stuff that didn’t matter.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #2075 on: September 16, 2022, 12:58:50 PM »
I would jump in front of bullet for the Frog team but I wouldnt pee on anyone on Worlbe if they were burning alive. I hate Worble more than I hate United States foreign policy. I hate Worble more than I hate people that block bike lanes. I hate Worble so much
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #2076 on: September 16, 2022, 01:08:05 PM »
I would jump in front of bullet for the Frog team but I wouldnt pee on anyone on Worlbe if they were burning alive. I hate Worble more than I hate United States foreign policy. I hate Worble more than I hate people that block bike lanes. I hate Worble so much
Uh.. why?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2077 on: September 16, 2022, 01:08:38 PM »
I'm not salty about his take at all. Tried to discuss it and it backfired.

Honestly I am pretty self conscious the last few years to not come off as biased or unfair to people who might act, live, or whatever a different way than I am used to and interpret that or manifest it negatively. There are definitely a lot of ways of speaking about things or stereotypes that were very prevalent where I grew up that took a long time for me to learn "this is fucked up". I'd rather know I'm coming off wrong and how to not do so in the future. So if it seems like I am coming down harder on Black skaters who do things I don't care for I'd rather know and have that internal dialogue and correct how I come across. I never want to marginalize someone or have them feel I am doing so.

Like with Beatrice I don't have the POV of a younger Black female to know if she is inspiring or transformative, which was a point I didn't immediately think of.

I dunno, I kinda thought this is how being an adult that tries to grow and be a less subconscious or consciously shitty person is.

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #2078 on: September 16, 2022, 01:18:40 PM »
worble is just zumiez frog

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #2079 on: September 16, 2022, 01:20:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Just my unpopular opinion lol

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2080 on: September 16, 2022, 03:53:32 PM »

Frog is in Zumiez.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #2081 on: September 16, 2022, 04:40:05 PM »

Honestly I am pretty self conscious the last few years to not come off as biased or unfair to people who might act, live, or whatever a different way than I am used to and interpret that or manifest it negatively. There are definitely a lot of ways of speaking about things or stereotypes that were very prevalent where I grew up that took a long time for me to learn "this is fucked up". I'd rather know I'm coming off wrong and how to not do so in the future. So if it seems like I am coming down harder on Black skaters who do things I don't care for I'd rather know and have that internal dialogue and correct how I come across. I never want to marginalize someone or have them feel I am doing so.

Like with Beatrice I don't have the POV of a younger Black female to know if she is inspiring or transformative, which was a point I didn't immediately think of.

I dunno, I kinda thought this is how being an adult that tries to grow and be a less subconscious or consciously shitty person is.

You seem like a smart guy. Always talking about studies and statistics, like you could be a quantitative analyst. Idk you seem to be striving to be better, and that's a good thing. Are you a learned man? How far did you get in your educational career? Where did you grow up? Was it the city? Or the country? Are you older than 28? What's your credit card number and that 3-digit code on the back of the card? That last one was a joke.

: )

But here's the deal: I once heard the phrase, "To know is to know that you don't know." Always move about life like you do not know all the answers. Don't jump to conclusions all the time or hold strong opinions. When that checkout girl at the supermarket is kind of a jerk to you, know that you don't know if her mom just died or her partner just broke up with her.

If I were to give you any piece of advice, I would say do not be comfortable with being in the position where you need to be corrected on how you come across. Instead, be proactive in correcting yourself and curtailing that under your own discretion, before you speak or write or act, so that you find yourself in the position where you need to be corrected or correct yourself publicly fewer and fewer times.

My point earlier was if you got kooked 40 times in the span of two or three days, you probably didn't bother one person; you probably bothered 20 or 30 ppl. And that's an indication that perhaps you were being unnecessarily opinionated and likely overly negative.

Glad you are trying to work on yourself though, props.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

cky enthusiast

« Reply #2082 on: September 16, 2022, 04:56:12 PM »
that’s hella rich coming from your goofy ass

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2083 on: September 16, 2022, 05:18:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You seem like a smart guy. Always talking about studies and statistics, like you could be a quantitative analyst. Idk you seem to be striving to be better, and that's a good thing. Are you a learned man? How far did you get in your educational career? Where did you grow up? Was it the city? Or the country? Are you older than 28? What's your credit card number and that 3-digit code on the back of the card? That last one was a joke.

But here's the deal: I once heard the phrase, "To know is to know that you don't know." Always move about life like you do not know all the answers. Don't jump to conclusions all the time or hold strong opinions. When that checkout girl at the supermarket is kind of a jerk to you, know that you don't know if her mom just died or her partner just broke up with her.

If I were to give you any piece of advice, I would say do not be comfortable with being in the position where you need to be corrected on how you come across. Instead, be proactive in correcting yourself and curtailing that under your own discretion, before you speak or write or act, so that you find yourself in the position where you need to be corrected or correct yourself publicly fewer and fewer times.

My point earlier was if you got kooked 40 times in the span of two or three days, you probably didn't bother one person; you probably bothered 20 or 30 ppl. And that's an indication that perhaps you were being unnecessarily opinionated and likely overly negative.

You were close, I work in statistics and machine learning and before that was an intelligence analyst. On Slap I don't really have a filter as I mostly type on my phone when I'm bored. I've been on a lot of discussion forums and Reddit subs over the years and this is the only one where people argue the way that they do. I'm pretty understanding of most people like your checkout clerk example and kind and polite to anyone I meet. If you are and they act shitty towards you then it's all on them and you did the most right you could.

Objectively saying Beatrice is not good is not an unpopular opinion, but on Slap it will get you called all sorts of things even if you bring up examples of her coverage and tricks. What I care more about in that thread is not shitting on some other detail of why she might be popular.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 771
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #2084 on: September 16, 2022, 05:22:20 PM »

I didn’t know wtf worble was and had to lurk their insta.

My first impression is it seems like a cheaper so cal version of frog with older white dudes into Asian women lol shit looks busted

nothing's been the since same

YBOS

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2085 on: September 16, 2022, 05:31:10 PM »
I don't really care about Worble but man I hate Cobra Man's music, making basically all Worble footage unwatchable to me

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2086 on: September 16, 2022, 05:56:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My first impression is it seems like a cheaper so cal version of frog with older white dudes into Asian women lol shit looks busted
Worble is sick and Eunice is on the team. All inclusive fun is what they are about and the brand reflects that. I'd get if you all said it was goofy as hell but you don't have to big up one silly thing only to dump on another. Frog is killing it as well. Love, Slap's #1 Worble stan.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 77
« Reply #2087 on: September 16, 2022, 06:21:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You were close, I work in statistics and machine learning and before that was an intelligence analyst. On Slap I don't really have a filter as I mostly type on my phone when I'm bored. I've been on a lot of discussion forums and Reddit subs over the years and this is the only one where people argue the way that they do. I'm pretty understanding of most people like your checkout clerk example and kind and polite to anyone I meet. If you are and they act shitty towards you then it's all on them and you did the most right you could.

Objectively saying Beatrice is not good is not an unpopular opinion, but on Slap it will get you called all sorts of things even if you bring up examples of her coverage and tricks. What I care more about in that thread is not shitting on some other detail of why she might be popular.

Will we ever have sex bots that will fully love?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1194
« Reply #2088 on: September 16, 2022, 06:45:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Will we ever have sex bots that will fully love?

Their unfeeling robotic eyes will emit a rapid pattern of flashing lights, stimulating all the correct neurons to create a feeling in us which will be indistinguishable from love.  We will forget the real thing ever existed at all.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #2089 on: September 16, 2022, 08:05:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Frog is in Zumiez.

quit talking out of your ass no they arent

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #2090 on: September 17, 2022, 03:35:13 AM »
Skateboarding in a sports team jersey looks stupid 95% of the time. American jerseys can look ok design wise but are almost always way too big making the wearer look like a clown. Jerseys from the rest of the world would be a bit better but they are covered in random company's logos so youre a walking advert for some insurance or phone company. National rugby/football jerseys don't have the logos but what, you're a fan of a country? That's kinda chat.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #2091 on: September 17, 2022, 06:58:56 AM »
Crook back lip was the sickest trick in the new Baker vid.  I feel like Figgy’s aware that he does a lot of crooks, and that crook back lip is an “uncool” trick, which makes it that much better.  As he rolled up I knew it would be a crook of some kind, but I did not expect that at all.  The switch over was so quick and the slide so long, best that trick’s ever been done.

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #2092 on: September 17, 2022, 11:27:32 AM »
rocket flip body varial down anything is sick

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #2093 on: September 17, 2022, 01:50:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You’re all trippin. Worble is sick, they’re like hellride Fancy Lad.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #2094 on: September 18, 2022, 09:27:33 AM »
The Polar logo looks like something a far lesser brand would run.  It’s almost in like Welcome / Arbor territory, I don’t think it looks that good.

quackquack

• Rep: -405
« Reply #2095 on: September 18, 2022, 09:46:51 AM »
Skateboarding in a sports team jersey looks stupid 95% of the time. American jerseys can look ok design wise but are almost always way too big making the wearer look like a clown. Jerseys from the rest of the world would be a bit better but they are covered in random company's logos so youre a walking advert for some insurance or phone company. National rugby/football jerseys don't have the logos but what, you're a fan of a country? That's kinda chat.

Beebell has entered the chat and he is big-mad.
Oh, the places you'll go.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #2096 on: September 18, 2022, 10:56:24 AM »
The Polar logo looks like something a far lesser brand would run.  It’s almost in like Welcome / Arbor territory, I don’t think it looks that good.

Yes it looks really bad, like the stuff someone would draw when they’re bored in class in elementary/middle school. “Look I can fit all the letters of my name in this little circle.” I always hated when people did that shit lol

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #2097 on: September 18, 2022, 12:05:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes it looks really bad, like the stuff someone would draw when they’re bored in class in elementary/middle school. “Look I can fit all the letters of my name in this little circle.” I always hated when people did that shit lol
Yeah I mean the point of a logo is to stand out and be recognizable not necessarily be the most complex or whatever. I mean look at the Nike logo.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2098 on: September 18, 2022, 12:29:07 PM »
I think it kinda adds to Polar’s charm that the logo is so bad. I first thought it was lazy as hell and didn’t like it but now I think it’s lazy as hell and rather like it because of that.  :D

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #2099 on: September 18, 2022, 12:32:52 PM »
It seems Urban Outfitters-y to me.  I think its actually overdesigned, like they tried to get too cute and clever with all the details.  Even simpler and more raw woulda worked better