Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 183756 times)

cucktard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #2100 on: September 18, 2022, 01:37:21 PM »
From what I remember at the time Polar started, those kind of logos were having a bit of a boom, and I thought it was pretty unoriginal
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #2101 on: September 18, 2022, 02:31:34 PM »
From what I remember at the time Polar started, those kind of logos were having a bit of a boom, and I thought it was pretty unoriginal

yeah, it was either a circle or a triangle. or the combo. everyone was seeing shapes and shit

sacking rails

• Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
« Reply #2102 on: September 18, 2022, 02:33:27 PM »
teenagers can only buy so many $140 pants

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2103 on: September 18, 2022, 05:13:35 PM »
It took me like 3 years to realize the logo was made from the letters of Polar.  Simple-minded mf.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2104 on: September 19, 2022, 06:30:18 AM »
I can't respect people who wear those barefoot shoes. It just screams Crossfit/fitness kook.

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #2105 on: September 19, 2022, 09:11:34 AM »
i cant respect people who wear those skate shoes it just screams douchebag/manchild kook

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #2106 on: September 19, 2022, 09:12:37 AM »
I can't respect people who wear those barefoot shoes. It just screams Crossfit/fitness kook.

Why you always coming after me, man?

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #2107 on: September 19, 2022, 11:00:33 AM »
Crook back lip was the sickest trick in the new Baker vid.  I feel like Figgy’s aware that he does a lot of crooks, and that crook back lip is an “uncool” trick, which makes it that much better.  As he rolled up I knew it would be a crook of some kind, but I did not expect that at all.  The switch over was so quick and the slide so long, best that trick’s ever been done.

Agreed - was surprised by how much I enjoyed that clip.

Also, Worble videos are fun and packed with enough impressive skating to keep them from being too corny. Idk about Cobra Man though.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2108 on: September 19, 2022, 11:06:42 AM »
Worble to me feels kinda like the mid aughts when spoofing shit was sorta mainstream like that band Darkness or whatever that is like a hair metal proto Cobra Man

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #2109 on: September 19, 2022, 11:10:49 AM »
Has anyone done a crook backlip where the crook was actually locked in for a decent length of time?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #2110 on: September 19, 2022, 11:57:31 AM »
Worble to me feels kinda like the mid aughts when spoofing shit was sorta mainstream like that band Darkness or whatever that is like a hair metal proto Cobra Man
I thought Darkness was more or less serious

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #2111 on: September 19, 2022, 12:11:45 PM »

Darkness to Cobra Man is an excellent analogy. They’re both similarly very good at what they do, but at this point I cannot imagine actively listening to modern nostalgic music like that.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #2112 on: September 19, 2022, 12:33:19 PM »
Has anyone done a crook backlip where the crook was actually locked in for a decent length of time?
me

SOYLOY

• Rep: -5
« Reply #2113 on: September 19, 2022, 01:35:57 PM »
Ishod’s style is blandly understated and lacks character.  He rips for sure but he also seems a little too aware of his universally sung praise. 

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #2114 on: September 20, 2022, 03:28:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They did a Christmas song called "Don't let the bells end". Not sure if you have that word in the US but in the UK where they're from Bellend is a common insult / slang for the head of the penis
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #2115 on: September 20, 2022, 03:34:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

They did a Christmas song called "Don't let the bells end". Not sure if you have that word in the US but in the UK where they're from Bellend is a common insult / slang for the head of the penis
They also had a single about wanking I think called Friday night. I think they were very much take the music but not themselves seriously.

nitro89

• Rep: 88
« Reply #2116 on: September 20, 2022, 04:01:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
They also had a single about wanking I think called Friday night. I think they were very much take the music but not themselves seriously.

the lead singer has his own youtube page (justin hawkins) where he talks about the music industry aswell as listens to new/old bands that people recommend and tells reasons as to why they may have became populer etc. or why he likes/dislikes them plus alot more. was never a fan of the darkness in there heyday but he comes across alright on that imo. 
"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #2117 on: September 20, 2022, 05:50:10 AM »

I don't remember who, but I definitely saw someone do a really good one in a video within the past year or two where they locked the crook well and popped into the back lip real proper. I remember thinking it was cool, but the way Figgy did it was the exact reason people hated on that trick when skaters did it in the first place.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2118 on: September 20, 2022, 07:33:59 AM »
I'll take a crook backlip any day over a laser flip back lip

IpathCats

« Reply #2119 on: September 20, 2022, 07:48:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't remember who, but I definitely saw someone do a really good one in a video within the past year or two where they locked the crook well and popped into the back lip real proper. I remember thinking it was cool, but the way Figgy did it was the exact reason people hated on that trick when skaters did it in the first place.

was thinking gravette in and now for a sec. but it was a krook bs smith.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #2120 on: September 20, 2022, 12:02:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Hmm yeah I guess serious is the wrong word.

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #2121 on: September 20, 2022, 12:54:27 PM »
pretzels are better than chips

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #2122 on: September 20, 2022, 01:09:59 PM »
Is Worble actually a board company like can you actually go into a skate shop and purchase a board? Or are they just a crew that does merch in the IC mould?

tonyhawksmanywives

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2123 on: September 20, 2022, 02:00:06 PM »
Expand Quote
I stopped caring about the board brands I skate since all prices went to the roof, I'd buy anything I can get at the shop that doesn't have a crazy shape but its cheap enough
[close]

Brand loyalty beyond the category of “this works for me” is infantile. Like I get it if you love a certain shoe and that’s what you want to skate, but when someone is seriously trying to clown on someone for skating the wrong deck or wearing the wrong shoes, they better be sub-16 years of age.

Im a extremist brand loyalist when it comes to myself. i only ride dlx boards, vans, and ace trucks. but i think its fine to be a brand loyalist for yourself but the second you kook on someone else for not riding what you like you have crossed a line. I think other brands are sick and people should ride what they want but myself i have an exact taste that i like.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
« Reply #2124 on: September 20, 2022, 04:15:05 PM »
Globe is tight. I can't wait to see what the restructuring looks like. Getting to come in and restructure the skate division with all the resources they have is a cool opportunity.

Bring back dekline.

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #2125 on: September 20, 2022, 05:48:20 PM »
Globe is tight.
im sorry what year is it?

winecrab

• Rep: -176
« Reply #2126 on: September 20, 2022, 06:02:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Globe is tight.
[close]

Hopefully the year they start making sick shoes and put a great team together.

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #2127 on: September 20, 2022, 06:06:55 PM »
i admire your optimism

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #2128 on: September 20, 2022, 07:44:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Globe is tight.
[close]
[close]

Austyn isn't moving the needle at Globe. He's taking a big pay cheque which can in return can fund Former, and he can live comfortably.

Putting a guy like Christian Malouf on doesn't do anything for the company other than Austyn getting his friend paid. I think he knows it too.

IpathCats

« Reply #2129 on: September 21, 2022, 06:38:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Globe is tight.
[close]
[close]

[close]

Austyn isn't moving the needle at Globe. He's taking a big pay cheque which can in return can fund Former, and he can live comfortably.

Putting a guy like Christian Malouf on doesn't do anything for the company other than Austyn getting his friend paid. I think he knows it too.

Maybe the globe rebrand is gonna be all indie earth tone wearing dudes. Would line up with their surf side of the brand kind of well. A bunch of slim fit, warm weather beanie, long sleeve shirts with three buttons at the top kinda guys.