Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 186034 times)

sacking rails

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #2460 on: October 10, 2022, 06:58:30 AM »
you cant help him if he doesnt want help

let him enjoy his stoufers french bread pizza and mtn dew in peace
bold to assume i can afford mtn dew

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #2461 on: October 10, 2022, 07:33:21 AM »
Stouffer's mac n cheese is pretty a good value though.

I cook but I'm not making a tray of mac n cheese just for myself. Those frozen ones are pretty good as far as frozen food goes, especially considering I'd never make it myself.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #2462 on: October 10, 2022, 07:44:46 AM »

I cook but I'm not making a tray of mac n cheese just for myself. Those frozen ones are pretty good as far as frozen food goes, especially considering I'd never make it myself.
I just cook pasta drain the water and put a couple slices of cheese in the pot with salt and pepper stir it up and you got cheapest and fastest (in my experience) option.

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #2463 on: October 10, 2022, 07:45:45 AM »
it’s thanksgiving here in canada and i’m at work. y’all making me hungry wtf

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #2464 on: October 10, 2022, 07:53:21 AM »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1191
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2465 on: October 10, 2022, 08:33:30 AM »

But you might catch a glimpse of your reflection as you are putting your stouffer’a frozen macaroni and cheese in the microwave or oven door and be haunted with the question of “where did it all go wrong?”
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #2466 on: October 10, 2022, 08:35:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

But you might catch a glimpse of your reflection as you are putting your stouffer’a frozen macaroni and cheese in the microwave or oven door and be haunted with the question of “where did it all go wrong?”

Yes if you’re microwaving it like some sort of wild animal.

I have the decency to use the oven for my processed frozen Mac n cheese.

I'd also like to mention that I eat frozen food like, once a year, and it is literally the mac n cheese. I try to eat as little processed food as possible
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 08:43:01 AM by HeavyAndExpensive »

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #2467 on: October 10, 2022, 09:11:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you’re eating stouffers macaroni and cheese lord knows you ain’t wiping down the microwave door enough to see yourself

nothing's been the since same

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2210
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #2468 on: October 10, 2022, 09:23:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

If you’re eating stouffers macaroni and cheese lord knows you ain’t wiping down the microwave door enough to see yourself
!!!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #2469 on: October 10, 2022, 10:41:55 AM »

lol this dril classic should just be prepetually pinned as the most recent comment in the Sale Thread.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #2470 on: October 10, 2022, 11:48:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not sure if its intended or not but I read this post to the tune of Once in a Lift Time by Talking Heads
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #2471 on: October 10, 2022, 12:17:50 PM »
My unpopular opinion. You don't see a lot of shuv tricks in skatevideos. Fakie fs shuv is very rare but such a cool trick if done well. Nollie bs shuv is whatever but can also be cool. All 8 shuv its can be hella cool if done proper.
IG: @flowterspace

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #2472 on: October 10, 2022, 12:19:31 PM »
My unpopular opinion. You don't see a lot of shuv tricks in skatevideos. Fakie fs shuv is very rare but such a cool trick if done well. Nollie bs shuv is whatever but can also be cool. All 8 shuv its can be hella cool if done proper.
all shuvs are essential

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -436
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2473 on: October 10, 2022, 12:26:07 PM »

I don’t know if this is an unpopular opinion everybody loves nice shoves, all 8 look amazing.

Stevies switch shuv revert in his first dc video line is literally my favorite trick of all time

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #2474 on: October 10, 2022, 12:33:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t know if this is an unpopular opinion everybody loves nice shoves, all 8 look amazing.

Stevies switch shuv revert in his first dc video line is literally my favorite trick of all time
thats a different trick than a shuv

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2475 on: October 10, 2022, 03:04:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yah we’re shooting for unpopular opinions here….ok. Nollie shuv is actually the best shuv…..I’m talking not like the good nollie shuv….the shitty one……yah…that one….IMO…it’s the best.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #2476 on: October 10, 2022, 03:42:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I hate when people say that the crust is the best part of  pizza.

Oooh you’re so zany and quirky.

If you feel that way buy a fucking loaf of bread.
[close]

[close]

i wouldn't say crust is the best part, but i'm pretty down for crust. my girl doesn't eat it so i get at least half the actual pizza but i get all the crust and that makes me happy.

if they sold bags of crust, i would buy it.
[close]

You ever try breadsticks?
[close]

I was waiting for this comment. It doesn’t taste the same. Something about it being only cooked from one side makes it so much better

Smirnoff Ice is an amazing beverage. Every flavor is great. If you don’t finish one and leave it on your bedside table when it’s lukewarm in the morning it will taste like Gatorade, downright quenching after a rough night of speedy blow and speedier women
Don't accidentally drink your piss homie. Gatorade is tooo close if ya ask me.

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #2477 on: October 10, 2022, 05:06:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yah we’re shooting for unpopular opinions here….ok. Nollie shuv is actually the best shuv…..I’m talking not like the good nollie shuv….the shitty one……yah…that one….IMO…it’s the best.
agreed its the best way to get your nose or tail where you want it in a line

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2478 on: October 10, 2022, 08:54:31 PM »
Chris Wimer has the best flick in the game. Best fs flips too.

IpathCats

« Reply #2479 on: October 11, 2022, 06:10:36 AM »

IDK, flick might have to go to BDK or Gustav.

switchfakie

« Reply #2480 on: October 11, 2022, 09:16:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

IDK, flick might have to go to BDK or Gustav.

BDK no question about it

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2481 on: October 11, 2022, 01:03:06 PM »
This is slap….that’s an unpopular opinion? 

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2482 on: October 11, 2022, 01:20:05 PM »
I think the unpopular opinion is no one off Slap that has ever come across or known him in any way actually buys that he is, in fact, shitty. Aside from the Slap controversy I met him 3 times across the years and he was the type of person that would have a conversation and not just have 1 word replies to get you off their back.

He also got kinda shafted for his early brand loyalty. Planet Earth and Adio didn't get him as much coverage as we would have hoped for. One Step Beyond as his major part from those brands in that era. On the Boardr there is a list of 39 things he has clips in. If Memory Screen combined all those it would be more substantial than you'd think since he also had a part in Sixth Sense, Silver, Yeah Right, etc.. He was a lot like Gino with a few big parts, a decent amount of shorter parts/clips, and a flawlessly smooth style.

skkrrttt

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2483 on: October 11, 2022, 02:50:15 PM »
I think the unpopular opinion is no one off Slap that has ever come across or known him in any way actually buys that he is, in fact, shitty. Aside from the Slap controversy I met him 3 times across the years and he was the type of person that would have a conversation and not just have 1 word replies to get you off their back.

I don't mean this in any way to be a commentary on the validity of the allegations against him, because I do not have enough knowledge to comment. However, do you understand that someone can be nice or even pleasant in one area of their life, while being completely terrible in another?

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
« Reply #2484 on: October 11, 2022, 03:10:20 PM »
halfcabs are the new dunks

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2485 on: October 11, 2022, 03:23:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't mean this in any way to be a commentary on the validity of the allegations against him, because I do not have enough knowledge to comment. However, do you understand that someone can be nice or even pleasant in one area of their life, while being completely terrible in another?

Absolutely, which is why I added my own experience and that that has been relayed to me directly by people that know Kenny very well. There seems to be a disconnect with that narrative. Like, Yonnie and Al's stuff surfaced on Slap and they were axed quickly by their teams. I always assumed given the idea "innocent until proven guilty" that there was some deliberation of the claims and evidence and he wasn't axed. Hopefully it wasn't some OJ Simpson trial shit.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #2486 on: October 12, 2022, 07:12:14 PM »
Adidas’s current team is the greatest street skater team ever assembled

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2487 on: October 12, 2022, 07:20:36 PM »
Mission accomplished….

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2488 on: October 12, 2022, 07:45:55 PM »
I enjoy &&'s skating immensely. Even when he disrespects iconic spots with goofy tricks.

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #2489 on: October 12, 2022, 07:46:36 PM »
I enjoy &&'s skating immensely. Even when he disrespects iconic spots with goofy tricks.
get your head checked