Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 183785 times)

switchfakie

Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2022, 09:29:05 PM »
Hey guys, Mr. cross lock 50 fuckface here.
Sorry I got some of yallz stirred up.
I’m just real dumb with my unpopular opinions in this thread. I was mostly thinking front 50s, but my dumb scared little brain that can’t do back 50s on round rails figured that the logic would stand to be the same for a trick on an inanimate object no matter which side you approach it from. But hey, I can take a schoolin from a some overly serious dicks on a silly message board about toys. I hold the L on the back 50 if you say so, but I’ll die on this hill about front 50s.
So fuck me, and while we’re at it fuck you too.
Happy New Year everyone!

a reasonable response, happy new year g

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2022, 09:59:24 AM »
Expand Quote
east coast brands owned by californians arent really east coast brands  8)
[close]
examples?
i agree by the way
917 for sure, but is it still a company?

I remember Puleo called out Suciu for being a Cali skater passing himself off as an East Coast skater.

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2022, 01:35:44 PM »
Full parts are to instaclips what contests were to footage in the early 1990’s.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2022, 02:18:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
examples?
i agree by the way
[close]

I remember Puleo called out Suciu for being a Cali skater passing himself off as an East Coast skater.
thats also my beef with suciu
cali to ny transplants rub me the wrong way
and im friends with a few
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2022, 02:29:04 PM »
imagine trying to gatekeep one of the largest cities in the country.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2022, 02:34:43 PM »
it aint workin, but its honest work
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2022, 02:38:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
examples?
i agree by the way
[close]

One more reason to hate him.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2022, 02:38:53 PM »
bridgekeeping would be the more practical approach

ColorWheelsGraphicsOut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2022, 02:51:07 PM »
imagine trying to gatekeep one of the largest citiesy in the country.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2022, 02:54:02 PM »
Florida or jersey counts as being from nyc (in skating)
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2022, 03:25:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
examples?
i agree by the way
[close]

[close]

Why? Just curious. I’m not gonna argue with you btw lol I’m sure Californians do/say some annoying shit. Any other New Yorkers feel free to chime in and roast (I’m from ca btw)

nothing's been the since same

Paulie Gualtieri

• Rep: -10
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2022, 03:35:56 PM »
This the real New York

https://youtu.be/usu0XY4QNB0

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -13
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2022, 03:42:58 PM »
Cali Bro is just Florida Man with better weed aka Biebel
Quote from: EdLawndale on October 13, 2021, 12:03:45 PM
You just became my favorite Slap poster

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2022, 04:52:02 PM »
Florida or jersey counts as being from nyc (in skating)
Don’t be talkin’ no trash on my guy Josh!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

OMSK

• Rep: 39
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2022, 04:59:00 PM »
if you don’t skate to get places you don’t get style
If you can't push, not much else is gonna look good either.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 05:26:07 PM by OMSK »

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2022, 09:44:09 PM »
Max Palmer is not that interesting of a skateboarder. Sure his tricks are creative and different but at the end of the day he is just not that exciting to watch. Cyrus on the other hand is BALLS to the WALL

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2022, 10:23:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
examples?
i agree by the way
[close]

[close]
[close]

Why? Just curious. I’m not gonna argue with you btw lol I’m sure Californians do/say some annoying shit. Any other New Yorkers feel free to chime in and roast (I’m from ca btw)
almost everyone that moves or spends immense time there from another state/area (especially california) becomes an even more entitled dickhead who suddenly thinks they have a core image and aren’t understood.  this is all only due to them skating the rough north east coast less than half as well as people from there do like tyshawn/zered/westgate. in other words, pretentious californians who have decent style/taste move to new york to be viewed as artists that are fighting their image, because life is just too hard for them in california. the place where the weather is always nice (as opposed to ny), there’s a new spot every single day (as opposed to ny) & 5000 dudes skate better than them daily who maybe get flowed from 5boro in ny or wknd in la while they maintain a name on possibly the biggest brand out. when in reality, they are professional skateboarders not holding their weight in california where 90% of pros/ams and upcomers are coming out of, or in the sponsored skateboard world as a whole. so they dress up, fake their style, and make shitty companies/music/clothing in order to prove their worth… which doesn’t end up working out.

(cough, sean pablo, cough, so many others).

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

switchfakie

« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2022, 10:27:25 PM »
Max Palmer is not that interesting of a skateboarder. Sure his tricks are creative and different but at the end of the day he is just not that exciting to watch. Cyrus on the other hand is BALLS to the WALL

your max palmer opinion is definitely unpopular, but your cyrus opinion is pretty popular. he had a lot of slap pals questions, multiple podcast interviews, and he and max are literally the only reason limosine is where they are.

the real unpopular opinion is cyrus isn't really exciting at all after you watch one of his parts.

imo cyrus kinda has a nik stain approach to skating where they just do their tricks at 100 mph. he also has a super limited bag of tricks. in any cyrus part you're definitely going to see a kickflip, backside flip, 180-fakie manny-half cab out, and some sort of back tail. he'll just do some sort of combination of those tricks, maybe with a flip in/flip out, and that's his entire part. copy and paste that however many times.

he does have a wet kickflip though

LebowskisRug

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2022, 10:41:58 PM »
To be fair you could say that about 90% of Reynolds’ parts. But I still love em.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2022, 11:01:33 PM »
To be fair you could say that about 90% of Reynolds’ parts. But I still love em.
you can say what? he has limited tricks? are you responding to the person above you? just because he always does a fs flip and kick flip… does he not do something new in each and every video part, at least twice? the fuck are you talking about? don’t talk about the boss like that, you might as well hate on julien on here 10 years ago. that’s a very idiotic take and you need to do your homework before you hate on one of the greatest skateboarders of all time. same dude nollie 180 sw bs 5-0d a handrail 20 years ago, now it’s just being done again. literally, what drugs are you on?

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2022, 11:04:28 PM »
i just have to double post you to remind you how fucking stupid what you just said was. have a good one.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2022, 11:18:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you can say what? he has limited tricks? are you responding to the person above you? just because he always does a fs flip and kick flip… does he not do something new in each and every video part, at least twice? the fuck are you talking about? don’t talk about the boss like that, you might as well hate on julien on here 10 years ago. that’s a very idiotic take and you need to do your homework before you hate on one of the greatest skateboarders of all time. same dude nollie 180 sw bs 5-0d a handrail 20 years ago, now it’s just being done again. literally, what drugs are you on?
Reynolds trick selection is limited if you are comparing it to people like Koston, Guy, MJ, Daewon, Henry Sanchez and Carroll. But, it's definitely not limited for a guy who is mostly known for doing flip tricks down big gaps. But, its definitely not limited when compared to his other contemporaries like Jamie, Muska, Duffy, and Rowley. Just look at the wide variety of tricks down Carlsbad, anyone who can take a fs half cab flip, and a switch bs heel down that, plus has tricks like nollie fs heel, varial heel, and nollie inward heel down sizable stuff, on top of flip in stuff on rails probably has a pretty wide variety of tricks. Honestly, anyone who thinks his trick selection is that limited, re-watch his Stay Gold part and look at all the different tricks he has down sizable gaps.

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2022, 12:17:31 AM »
This is not a negative one, but I think I'm the only person who thinks this: Some clips of girl skaters like Victoria Ruesga and Breana Geering sort of remind me of the Peanuts characters dancing, but as a trick on a skateboard done by a lil Peanuts character. This is not a diss, just surreal shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1OBMF1V_q4

conqueso

« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2022, 01:36:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
examples?
i agree by the way
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
almost everyone that moves or spends immense time there from another state/area (especially california) becomes an even more entitled dickhead who suddenly thinks they have a core image and aren’t understood.  this is all only due to them skating the rough north east coast less than half as well as people from there do like tyshawn/zered/westgate. in other words, pretentious californians who have decent style/taste move to new york to be viewed as artists that are fighting their image, because life is just too hard for them in california. the place where the weather is always nice (as opposed to ny), there’s a new spot every single day (as opposed to ny) & 5000 dudes skate better than them daily who maybe get flowed from 5boro in ny or wknd in la while they maintain a name on possibly the biggest brand out. when in reality, they are professional skateboarders not holding their weight in california where 90% of pros/ams and upcomers are coming out of, or in the sponsored skateboard world as a whole. so they dress up, fake their style, and make shitty companies/music/clothing in order to prove their worth… which doesn’t end up working out.

Lotta facts right here

Da whole shit wacky

« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 01:46:15 AM by conqueso »

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -40
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2022, 02:14:52 AM »
Well that’s just not true at all.... sure he does his share of frontside flippery and nollie cabs/cabs, but the mans bag of tricks is so deep in every single part.  He does not fall into the “same trick over and over” category like some of these boutique board brand New Yorkers.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2022, 03:27:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Well that’s just not true at all.... sure he does his share of frontside flippery and nollie cabs/cabs, but the mans bag of tricks is so deep in every single part.  He does not fall into the “same trick over and over” category like some of these boutique board brand New Yorkers.

Also if you've watched as much Reynolds footage as I have you will know that he can and has done pretty much every trick imaginable at some point.

I saw Rowley get mentioned above too. Rowley has a deep deep bag of tricks. Re-watch his Sorry part if you're unsure
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2022, 09:28:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
examples?
i agree by the way
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

carl "one-down tricks bronze guys already did for your first part as a pro" aikens
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2022, 09:32:56 AM »
Using plywood as a landing is totally acceptable.

Fuck dudes who say landing on anything besides concrete “doesn’t count.” Not all of us are blessed with plentiful spots, and if you turn away an otherwise perfect, excellent rail because it runs out to grass, then you’re an asshole.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2022, 09:45:53 AM »

I'm starting to think you fundamentally don't understand skateboarding.

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2022, 11:29:26 AM »
Using plywood as a landing is totally acceptable.

Fuck dudes who say landing on anything besides concrete “doesn’t count.” Not all of us are blessed with plentiful spots, and if you turn away an otherwise perfect, excellent rail because it runs out to grass, then you’re an asshole.
Just move the rail.