Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 183795 times)

MaXX_I-D

Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2022, 02:07:10 AM »
Anyone from California is inherently more wack than someone from Chicago or the east coast. Y’all need some winter in your life. Get humbled a bit.

Scott Chegg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2022, 11:32:04 AM »

Carpenter pants are the equivalent of Thrasher shirts for those who don’t work construction.

I was a labourer for a bit last year, am I allowed to wear carhartt and carpenter pants?

Brguy

« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2022, 12:10:22 PM »
Raven's really dope, and I hope he has something else happening with Chocolate.
I liked both the parts I've seen of his, has great style and keeps it simple, kinda like GT but less legendary.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2022, 12:47:57 PM »
Talking about how miserable where you live is as some badge of pride is dumb as fuck. I’ve worked in the developing world and no one is ever like “oh man you don’t have character until you don’t have access to potable water and you get malaria twice a year”

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2022, 01:02:39 PM »
Anyone from California is inherently more wack than someone from Chicago or the east coast. Y’all need some winter in your life. Get humbled a bit.
That's some incredibly wack shit to say.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #155 on: January 08, 2022, 01:42:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Danny Montoya > Reynolds.

Dude just skated for wrong brands.
[close]
premature baldness and he skated only daewon size obstacles. masters of their domain but reynolds could kf their whole world.
[close]

But both men are prematurely bald

I'd argue Reynolds has timely baldness, he had a good run
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

ra the weak man

• Rep: -51
« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2022, 02:17:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
he's not wrong, luke perry. but it is a little harsh. but not inaccurate.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1135
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2022, 07:15:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
how is that harsh

guyledouche

• Rep: -25
« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2022, 08:58:54 PM »
Expand Quote

Carpenter pants are the equivalent of Thrasher shirts for those who don’t work construction.
[close]

I was a labourer for a bit last year, am I allowed to wear carhartt and carpenter pants?

Probably not. The fashion police here are really strict. They all think I'm Steve Berra now too which is sick. It almost made me feel bummed that I'm not a rich guy in southern California with my own skate park and a history of being a pro skateboarder.

SkatermanQ

« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2022, 12:21:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
hes not wrong people from Cali are inherently more wack. just accept it.

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2022, 12:47:59 AM »
East coast keeps you real, West coast lets you feel, Midwest has a strange appeal, and the Deep South makes you sqeal. Imo

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2022, 01:26:07 AM »
Not a comment on who is more "real" but east coast accents sound like toddlers, Cali accent sounds like a mild stroke

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2022, 07:41:24 AM »
Question: I just took a side job to make a little extra cash, but I was hired on as a 1920s laborer & now they want me me working every day like I’m Ben Raybourn. Am I cool to wear carpenter pants, or nah?
I need that green light from you before I pull the trigger on a pair of these Supreme jawns w/ the hammer loop. They come pre splattered with a paint like substance that I can only presume is Strobeck semen, so my new boss thinks I’ve been hard at work when in reality, I’ve been eating my lunch from a tin box, up on this I-beam all day.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2022, 08:55:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Probably not. The fashion police here are really strict. They all think I'm Steve Berra now too which is sick. It almost made me feel bummed that I'm not a rich guy in southern California with my own skate park and a history of being a pro skateboarder.

i didn’t read your post but i miss MXC

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2022, 09:02:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Lol, Luke Perry. I'm a 2nd generation black man in Southern California. I don't think I need to "get humbled".
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

ra the weak man

« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2022, 09:23:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Lol, Luke Perry. I'm a 2nd generation black man in Southern California. I don't think I need to "get humbled".
you're standing on the shoulders of giants. and even if your ancestors didn't personally build the template, you enjoy 'Cali privilege'. so own it.

pro club blanks

« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2022, 09:46:29 AM »
The cost of living is brutal out here, people are working multiple jobs or are putting in heavy amounts of overtime, free time is a luxury, we've been humble.

Yall need to stop assuming everyone from cali is some silver spoon orange county spoiled bro that lives down the street from famous skate spots and perfect flatground

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2022, 10:15:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
you're standing on the shoulders of giants. and even if your ancestors didn't personally build the template, you enjoy 'Cali privilege'. so own it.
buddy, you are a fucking dork. telling someone to get humbled who you’ve never met or spoken to is weirdo behavior. go outside

pro club blanks

« Reply #168 on: January 09, 2022, 11:38:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Get this alt right ben shapiro shit outta here

ra the weak man

« Reply #169 on: January 09, 2022, 01:00:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
buddy, you are a fucking dork. telling someone to get humbled who you’ve never met or spoken to is weirdo behavior. go outside
i never used the term 'get humbled'. i said the man is enjoying the privilege of the giants who came before him. Cali privilege is real and anyone says different is spoilt.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2022, 01:49:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
i never used the term 'get humbled'. i said the man is enjoying the privilege of the giants who came before him. Cali privilege is real and anyone says different is spoilt.

People in Fresno, Bakersfield, Crescent City, Eureka, and El Centro are all so privileged, because CA is all one place. Nothing compared to the harsh East Coast grit of The Hamptons, Palm Beach, Cape Cod, or Martha's Vinyard because the East Coast is also all one place.

llive..

• Rep: -1
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2022, 02:31:34 PM »
Skateboarding needs height classes. 6' skaters should not be judged the same as 5' 7" skaters.

Agreed, and especially 6'2 + skaters can just pop over stuff way easier then others

For instance I think Tyshawn's sideways table kickflip was more impressive, compared to Diego's.

Besides Tyshawn's being at a demo and I know Diego did it first; but Diego is almost 6'4. Tyshawn looks about 5'10 - 5'11  or effectively 6' with shoes, and that may be the shortest that could accomplish the feat tbh , but I'd love to be proved wrong. ( I could see Bobby or Christian Maalouf doing it too )

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2022, 03:13:47 PM »
Looks like people from California are pretty soft and take shit personal.

Sf people are pretty cool though. They’re kinda like a Pacific Northwest cool, but can kick it in the city too.

Stereotypes and gross over generalizations are fun. Stop taking shit so serious.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2022, 03:14:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

People in Fresno, Bakersfield, Crescent City, Eureka, and El Centro are all so privileged, because CA is all one place. Nothing compared to the harsh East Coast grit of The Hamptons, Palm Beach, Cape Cod, or Martha's Vinyard because the East Coast is also all one place.

Hey I’m from one of those towns (CA) lol growing up was like the movie gummo.

nothing's been the since same

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2022, 04:21:08 PM »
Elijah Berle comes off as a kook with the Dylan cosplay.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2022, 04:31:24 PM »
Seems like a pretty common opinion around here. He was even doing the waiter arm thing for a bit. Last time I checked, he’s pulled a Baca and went full cholo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTdszr3LEgh/?utm_medium=copy_link

manuva

• Rep: -1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2022, 04:35:38 PM »
Hot Take: Nike SB shoe design is currently at a low point when it comes to OG skate shoes. This has been a trend for the last 2-3 years and if they didn't appropriate Dunks and Blazers and made them SB we would not see a lot of swooshes on skater's feet right now.

added take:

Both the shane and the Ishod look like supra shoes with a swoosh on them.

switchfakie

« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2022, 06:57:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Seems like a pretty common opinion around here. He was even doing the waiter arm thing for a bit. Last time I checked, he’s pulled a Baca and went full cholo.

can you elaborate? ive heard this before, but i genuinely don't understand why this opinion exists. homie likes to wear a beanie and dickies with his undershirt tucked in. i don't think dylan has a copyright on the fit

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2022, 08:19:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Skateboarding needs height classes. 6' skaters should not be judged the same as 5' 7" skaters.
[close]

Agreed, and especially 6'2 + skaters can just pop over stuff way easier then others

For instance I think Tyshawn's sideways table kickflip was more impressive, compared to Diego's.

Besides Tyshawn's being at a demo and I know Diego did it first; but Diego is almost 6'4. Tyshawn looks about 5'10 - 5'11  or effectively 6' with shoes, and that may be the shortest that could accomplish the feat tbh , but I'd love to be proved wrong. ( I could see Bobby or Christian Maalouf doing it too )
But being tall you have a lot more weight to move and leg that has to clear whatever you're popping over. If it's world record Ollie attempts maybe it would matter but just for general trash can picnic table etc I don't think it's enough to make much difference

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2022, 08:40:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Could his posture be any more odd?  He looks like an inter-dimensional being that just put on its human suit and flitted into existence.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.