Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 184393 times)

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2022, 07:42:21 PM »
Expand Quote
How long y’all reckon we’ll have to suffer this dude’s delightful personality?
Is this account number five today? Six?
Where do they ever find the time, let alone all of the creativity?
[close]

I find the time as much as you find the time to post on this forum 3311 times.
That 3311 3312 was my morning stretch, honey child.
I’m just getting warmed up.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2022, 08:37:54 PM »
Hurry up Mods, there is a turd in the punch bowl, I repeat, turd in the punch bowl

Frank and Fred

« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2022, 08:39:07 PM »
edited so i am not quoting pee poo's nonsense....
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 08:58:58 AM by Frank and Fred »

Frank and Fred

« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2022, 08:56:24 PM »
edited so i am not quoting pee poo's nonsense....
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 08:58:44 AM by Frank and Fred »

cucktard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2022, 09:34:22 PM »
Per Poo,

In my short time on this earth, I’ve come to find that anyone who goes out of their way to piss off people or make another feel really bad is hurting and angry.

That person may not even realize how shitty they feel until after they log off and the endorphin high from arguing subsides.  But that seems to be the case pretty much every time. And I speak from experience.

So whatever is eating you so much, whatever is causing you so much pain that you feel compelled to take it out on us, people you don’t know, I hope you get chance to deal with it.

I don’t like to see people hurting, especially peolple who obviously don’t know how to deal with it in a healthy way.

Log off for a bit and take care of yourself.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2022, 11:07:57 PM »
Also fuck vaccines, fuck joe biden, fuck nancy pelosi, fuck BLM, and most of all, fuck that f****t n***er don lemon on cnn.

Post a fit

nothing's been the since same

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2022, 01:31:10 AM »
Wheel graphics facing out

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #217 on: January 13, 2022, 05:36:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Elijah Berle comes off as a kook with the Dylan cosplay.
[close]
Seems like a pretty common opinion around here. He was even doing the waiter arm thing for a bit. Last time I checked, he’s pulled a Baca and went full cholo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTdszr3LEgh/?utm_medium=copy_link
[close]

Could his posture be any more odd?  He looks like an inter-dimensional being that just put on its human suit and flitted into existence.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Z86mKXr
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 06:01:28 AM by DERBY »

switchfakie

« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2022, 10:05:55 PM »
Wheel graphics facing out

i dont think there is a popular opinion about this. i started putting my graphics out last year and have never had anybody say anything to me about it

QixHexagon

• Rep: 31
« Reply #219 on: January 14, 2022, 05:16:24 AM »
As much as Liquid Death marketing/branding is cringe as fuck (not to mention their association with the Berrics), I still have an ounce of respect foor them for doing one thing: promoting water and facing the romantization of alcoholism.

I think people should do anything they want with their lives, but alcoholism these days is viewed as something "cool", probably just how cigarrettes were many decades ago. I know a lot of people who only drink because it's cool, people whose lives were destroyed by alcohol and people who get ashamed for not drinking alcohol.

I also hate to death the alcohol industry in my country due to their lobby against more strict transit laws - they'll force politicians not to pass laws for more serious penalties if you drink and drive, they used to pay the biggest television channel to include people drinking alcohol in soap operas, which are famous as fuck here, so that feels like something natural. Mind you, it was not explicitly their products, just some fictional beer. It's not to promote the product, but to normalize the behavor, the habit.

Fuck you, Paulo Lemann. Bet you can't even push.

So I respect LD quest against that.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1221
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #220 on: January 14, 2022, 05:18:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Seems like a pretty common opinion around here. He was even doing the waiter arm thing for a bit. Last time I checked, he’s pulled a Baca and went full cholo.

[close]

Could his posture be any more odd?  He looks like an inter-dimensional being that just put on its human suit and flitted into existence.
[close]

https://imgur.com/gallery/Z86mKXr

You are my avatar brother.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #221 on: January 14, 2022, 06:55:02 AM »
This is more of an unpopular opinion IRL vs. on here, but a bunch of female skaters would be better off skating smaller boards. They’d unlock a bunch more flip tricks if they skated 8 or lower. See women’s Battle at the Berrics. Some exclusions apply but yeah. Smaller boards flip easier for smaller people/shoe sizes,

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #222 on: January 14, 2022, 07:01:42 AM »
This is more of an unpopular opinion IRL vs. on here, but a bunch of female skaters would be better off skating smaller boards. They’d unlock a bunch more flip tricks if they skated 8 or lower. See women’s Battle at the Berrics. Some exclusions apply but yeah. Smaller boards flip easier for smaller people/shoe sizes,

I don't think this is specific to women. For years I've always seen people who make their setup a contest in and of itself. They gotta have the widest board, the loosest trucks, the biggest/smallest wheels/etc. even if their skating visibly suffers from it.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #223 on: January 14, 2022, 09:26:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't think this is specific to women. For years I've always seen people who make their setup a contest in and of itself. They gotta have the widest board, the loosest trucks, the biggest/smallest wheels/etc. even if their skating visibly suffers from it.

Everyone should be doing more flip tricks and skating tighter trucks because they skate for my personal enjoyment and not, yknow, because it's fun
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #224 on: January 14, 2022, 09:31:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That looks like a Spanto from BornxRaised cosplay.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2022, 09:43:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Everyone should be doing more flip tricks and skating tighter trucks because they skate for my personal enjoyment and not, yknow, because it's fun

Right, that's what I mean and it's very reasonable of you to have that takeaway from my post.

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2022, 09:48:30 AM »
Everyone should skate tight 8”(or less) trucks.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #227 on: January 14, 2022, 09:54:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Also fuck vaccines, fuck joe biden, fuck nancy pelosi, fuck BLM, and most of all, fuck that f****t n***er don lemon on cnn.
[close]

Post a fit

Found one

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image

nothing's been the since same

Logic

• Rep: 35

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #231 on: January 14, 2022, 07:53:38 PM »
As much as Liquid Death marketing/branding is cringe as fuck (not to mention their association with the Berrics), I still have an ounce of respect foor them for doing one thing: promoting water and facing the romantization of alcoholism.

I think people should do anything they want with their lives, but alcoholism these days is viewed as something "cool", probably just how cigarrettes were many decades ago. I know a lot of people who only drink because it's cool, people whose lives were destroyed by alcohol and people who get ashamed for not drinking alcohol.

I also hate to death the alcohol industry in my country due to their lobby against more strict transit laws - they'll force politicians not to pass laws for more serious penalties if you drink and drive, they used to pay the biggest television channel to include people drinking alcohol in soap operas, which are famous as fuck here, so that feels like something natural. Mind you, it was not explicitly their products, just some fictional beer. It's not to promote the product, but to normalize the behavor, the habit.

Fuck you, Paulo Lemann. Bet you can't even push.

So I respect LD quest against that.

It pissed me off super bad when Liquid Death did a "rent money" contest for skating in your "house" and gave it to a family of future pro's who live in a dream house. It was also lame for those guys to even enter to be honest.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #232 on: January 15, 2022, 02:56:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lots of people in general have equipment that mismatches their skills/style/body/etc.

lots of small kids are on boards too big for them and even when they land insane shit it just looks awful. of course i can kinda understand why they do it, since many of the cool brands they like make products predominantly for teenage and adult skaters (ie more or less full grown), and most kids don't get any guidance or mentorship to steer them in the right direction.

little kids on tight ass trucks are another peeve of mine. if you know how to skate and you want to rock some tight ass ventures so you can get hella technical, that's cool. but everyone should learn the fundamentals first, which to me involves proper turns, carves, and pumping before you start trying to fling double flips or whatever so many little kids end up doing.

so a lot of smaller people should probably skate slightly smaller equipment, whether they are women or just short/have small feet.

but if you really rip, whatever, who cares. there are grown ass men who rip a 7.75" pop and probably some tiny women who rip a 10" egg too.

i guess my unpopular opinion, if i have one, is just that beginners should learn how to turn before they learn any flip tricks. is that unpopular?

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 280
« Reply #233 on: January 15, 2022, 10:29:05 PM »
Berle posted that insta story of himself practicing lassoing. Made me think of the cool things pros post on insta thread

Guess he’s always been a little country
Yo is my man competing in the American Gladiators event of Atlastphere with that cage ball in back? WTF is going on?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #234 on: January 15, 2022, 10:33:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
lots of people in general have equipment that mismatches their skills/style/body/etc.

lots of small kids are on boards too big for them and even when they land insane shit it just looks awful. of course i can kinda understand why they do it, since many of the cool brands they like make products predominantly for teenage and adult skaters (ie more or less full grown), and most kids don't get any guidance or mentorship to steer them in the right direction.

little kids on tight ass trucks are another peeve of mine. if you know how to skate and you want to rock some tight ass ventures so you can get hella technical, that's cool. but everyone should learn the fundamentals first, which to me involves proper turns, carves, and pumping before you start trying to fling double flips or whatever so many little kids end up doing.

so a lot of smaller people should probably skate slightly smaller equipment, whether they are women or just short/have small feet.

but if you really rip, whatever, who cares. there are grown ass men who rip a 7.75" pop and probably some tiny women who rip a 10" egg too.

i guess my unpopular opinion, if i have one, is just that beginners should learn how to turn before they learn any flip tricks. is that unpopular?
I started skating in 99 and everybody rode tight trucks and 7.75 max. My first setup had those tensors with the plastic and 58 mm wheels= basically designed not to turn. Me and everyone I know that continued skating never had any trouble learning to turn later on. (Altho not exactly sure its a great comparison we never even had any transition wider than a 6 foot quarterpipe)

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #235 on: January 15, 2022, 11:11:57 PM »
Turning is unnecessary.

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #236 on: January 16, 2022, 01:39:39 AM »
http://
Turning is unnecessary.

Tic-tacing through the bowl is the new carving

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #237 on: January 16, 2022, 07:11:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
That looks like a Spanto from BornxRaised cosplay.
I actually don’t mind Berle’s skating, and I think taken in isolation his fits are ok... but when you zoom out and notice how much he just jumps around imitating other peoples shit like it’s a costume? Super lame and kinda sad. Someone get this man some swag coaching.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #238 on: January 16, 2022, 08:00:25 AM »
Pretty sure he was done here when he got caught with a Crosley in a lifestyle vid….

DirtyCheddarKids

• Rep: 40
« Reply #239 on: January 16, 2022, 08:08:04 AM »
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.