Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 183736 times)

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -15
Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #450 on: February 14, 2022, 03:21:20 AM »
Whenever I see yet another user banned on here, I always check their post history to see if I can find out what it was that got them banned and I can never find anything remotely controversial.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #451 on: February 14, 2022, 05:03:11 AM »
Usually because the posts get deleted by admin
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

conqueso

« Reply #452 on: February 14, 2022, 07:01:04 AM »
jscott handsdown soty 2022

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2150
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #453 on: February 14, 2022, 07:21:52 AM »
jscott handsdown soty 2022
Been wondering what this dude has been up to.
Ever since we stopped getting regular updates from Alois, he’s been off my radar.
Hope he’s found better places to drop doodie than in the side of the freeway since last I heard about him on here.
Y’all think he ever got anything out of that police brutality case?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #454 on: February 14, 2022, 07:27:37 AM »
Logo boards will come back this year
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 07:36:13 AM by JugeL »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #455 on: February 14, 2022, 08:36:31 AM »
Lurpiv riders are fucking fried for sticking with that shit.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #456 on: February 14, 2022, 08:56:39 AM »
Lurpiv riders are fucking fried for sticking with that shit.
Sort of agree but I guess it's like they're already in that far might as well keep emailing they're great customer service for new nuts and screws or whatever.

Lurpiv tried to come out with too much at once. Should of just made the truck like what they have but regular kingpin and axle. Then in another year or something brought out inverted kingpins and two bit axle upgrades.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #457 on: February 14, 2022, 09:04:06 AM »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

LebowskisRug

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #459 on: February 14, 2022, 11:12:09 AM »
I'm not that into Raney Beres. I know that he fuckin rips, I just don't really like his style. He's sort of like a poor man's Ronnie Sandoval.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #460 on: February 14, 2022, 11:35:57 AM »
I agree but you could say that about quite a few current Anti Hero riders.

Brguy

« Reply #461 on: February 14, 2022, 12:35:16 PM »
Expand Quote
knowing about your boards specific dimensions beyond width shows your depth of knowledge in skating. i don't know why but a lot of people think its hesh to be in the dark and not know nor care about wheelbase and length.

for clarification: i think it's alright to be uninformed if you only skate a specific board from a specific company because usually they reuse shapes/dimensions, so it's acceptable to not care because you're dialed into that shape; but if you constantly change board companies and sizes, you probably aren't good at tech
[close]
while having more knowledge is a good thing, i miss the days of paradise before i knew about wheelbase.
Everyone knows about wheelbase the moment they get a board and you have to stretch yourself to do a kickflip. You simply didn't have the words to describe before.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #462 on: February 14, 2022, 01:05:15 PM »
Mystery was underrated up to a certain point. I think when they started doing colour stuff it went down hill.

- Point of difference with their graphics and videos
- Sleeper hit full length
- Introduced us to Gilbert Crockett
- A very good promo video with an excellent Pete Eldridge part
- Unique team with no skater being similar to another

Magnolia

• Rep: 412
  • She/They
« Reply #463 on: February 14, 2022, 02:09:03 PM »
I'm not that into Raney Beres. I know that he fuckin rips, I just don't really like his style. He's sort of like a poor man's Ronnie Sandoval.
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

switchfakie

« Reply #464 on: February 14, 2022, 03:19:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
knowing about your boards specific dimensions beyond width shows your depth of knowledge in skating. i don't know why but a lot of people think its hesh to be in the dark and not know nor care about wheelbase and length.

for clarification: i think it's alright to be uninformed if you only skate a specific board from a specific company because usually they reuse shapes/dimensions, so it's acceptable to not care because you're dialed into that shape; but if you constantly change board companies and sizes, you probably aren't good at tech
[close]
while having more knowledge is a good thing, i miss the days of paradise before i knew about wheelbase.
[close]
Everyone knows about wheelbase the moment they get a board and you have to stretch yourself to do a kickflip. You simply didn't have the words to describe before.

holy shit this is an extremely accurate take

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #465 on: February 14, 2022, 04:20:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
i attributed what was probably wheelbase as being quality of different boards, despite all of them being from the same woodshop. this was before i even knew about woodshops btw.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #466 on: February 14, 2022, 06:59:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

stretch how?

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #467 on: February 14, 2022, 07:28:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

stretch how?

Stretch your leg further before flicking the ankle, like kickflipping a diving board.

realbasedgod112

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #468 on: February 14, 2022, 07:36:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

stretch how?
[close]

Stretch your leg further before flicking the ankle, like kickflipping a diving board.
i disagree
i feel like it was probably describing stretching your skills; in other words trying harder

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #469 on: February 15, 2022, 08:58:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

stretch how?
[close]

[close]
i disagree
i feel like it was probably describing stretching your skills; in other words trying harder
I’m going to come over the top with an even bigger disagree.

I think by stretch they do mean their leg when flipping, but they might have length and wheelbase a little confused. They’re usually correlated, but I’ve seen some weird combos lately. I feel wheelbase messes way more with pop than your flick.

You should be able to skate pretty much anything I think it’s just about being comfortable. 

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -61
« Reply #470 on: February 15, 2022, 10:00:33 AM »
fat ppl or "heavy"/"bigger guys" (esp bigger boomers) skateboarding have 0 steez and get 0 bitches

Oh, really? So, someone with a big frame like Natas has zero steez and gets no bitches?
I love watching big, burly guys skate, much better than some 60kg wimp.
Jamie Foy the same?
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #471 on: February 15, 2022, 01:45:56 PM »
Mystery was underrated up to a certain point. I think when they started doing colour stuff it went down hill.

Hot take: I think Mystery was hamstrung by being a part of Black Box. They were always going to be the second banana to Zero.

Less Hot Take: They had a great team, but they never really had a great centerpiece rider. Lindsay Robertson and Adrien Lopez were the only former Zero riders, and I don't think they were really big enough stars to build a brand around. Gilbert Crockett and Jimmy Carlin weren't established enough when they rode for them. Ryan Bobier and Pete Eldridge were good, but kids weren't going to run out and buy their boards.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #472 on: February 15, 2022, 01:56:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hot take: I think Mystery was hamstrung by being a part of Black Box. They were always going to be the second banana to Zero.

Less Hot Take: They had a great team, but they never really had a great centerpiece rider. Lindsay Robertson and Adrien Lopez were the only former Zero riders, and I don't think they were really big enough stars to build a brand around. Gilbert Crockett and Jimmy Carlin weren't established enough when they rode for them. Ryan Bobier and Pete Eldridge were good, but kids weren't going to run out and buy their boards.

I agree with this. Jamie would never have let Mystery become on level pegging with Zero. Originally Matt Mumford was going to be involved too, but once Jamie said he was still going to be the head guy at Mystery, Matt backed out. Ryan Smith & Ryan Bobier were former Zero riders too who jumped over. But agree that they didn't really have that one big guy.

realbasedgod112

« Reply #473 on: February 15, 2022, 02:19:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

stretch how?
[close]

[close]
i disagree
[close]
I’m going to come over the top with an even bigger disagree.

I think by stretch they do mean their leg when flipping, but they might have length and wheelbase a little confused. They’re usually correlated, but I’ve seen some weird combos lately. I feel wheelbase messes way more with pop than your flick.

You should be able to skate pretty much anything I think it’s just about being comfortable.
Think about it. If he was talking about the physical act of flicking, surely he would have specified stretching your ankle/leg instead of simply stretching yourself?
While I hold nothing against you, I implore you to realise that I am right and you are wrong.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #474 on: February 15, 2022, 02:43:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I agree with this. Jamie would never have let Mystery become on level pegging with Zero. Originally Matt Mumford was going to be involved too, but once Jamie said he was still going to be the head guy at Mystery, Matt backed out. Ryan Smith & Ryan Bobier were former Zero riders too who jumped over. But agree that they didn't really have that one big guy.
Mystery also had a problem of shitty movie/nazi logo and also the people the brand should of been marketed to would absolutely not wear a mystery t shirt.

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #475 on: February 15, 2022, 03:04:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Forgot about Bobier and Smith. Thanks for clarifying.

It makes me wonder how different the dynamic between Baker and Deathwish was. Baker was always the flagship brand, but I'm sure Deathwish outsold them a few times at their peak, and they were all fine with it.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 279
« Reply #476 on: February 15, 2022, 03:52:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Mystery also had a problem of shitty movie/nazi logo and also the people the brand should of been marketed to would absolutely not wear a mystery t shirt.
Two more words why mystery failed:  Dipped Decks

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #477 on: February 15, 2022, 07:51:50 PM »
Hotter take….Mystery>Slave…..

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #478 on: February 15, 2022, 08:04:58 PM »
I feel like mystery was also the last time you could be hyped on a new brand, just because it’s new.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #479 on: February 15, 2022, 08:16:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Forgot about Bobier and Smith. Thanks for clarifying.

It makes me wonder how different the dynamic between Baker and Deathwish was. Baker was always the flagship brand, but I'm sure Deathwish outsold them a few times at their peak, and they were all fine with it.

I think Baker just did it better - they moved top guys (Jim and Ellington etc) and it automatically gave the brand more credibility.