Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 183781 times)

honey island

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #690 on: March 27, 2022, 04:26:03 PM »
americans skating american spots is still by far the most entertaining skateboarding to watch

SSBSTRS

• Rep: 6
« Reply #691 on: March 27, 2022, 05:06:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Lipslides on ledges are ass. I don’t care if you flip in, flip out, do it switch, whatever. It’s just not a good looking trick
[close]

That's one of the most popular opinions

True. I feel like a lot of pros are runnin em though. Ishod just had one in his most recent part, which is what made me think of it.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #692 on: March 28, 2022, 06:07:17 AM »
Lipslides on ledges are ass. I don’t care if you flip in, flip out, do it switch, whatever. It’s just not a good looking trick
I honestly feel sorry for you if you don’t think a long-arse back lip on a ledge isn’t an absolute thing of beauty, nay a piece of art..

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

cky enthusiast

« Reply #693 on: March 28, 2022, 08:17:17 AM »
americans skating american spots is still by far the most entertaining skateboarding to watch

untrue. english people skating american spots is pretty universally better than americans skating american spots

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #694 on: March 28, 2022, 09:46:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I honestly feel sorry for you if you don’t think a long-arse back lip on a ledge isn’t an absolute thing of beauty, nay a piece of art..

Back lip regular and switch is the only acceptable one. But back smith or back tail trumps back lip on a ledge 99.9% of the time.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #695 on: March 28, 2022, 10:19:32 AM »
ledge/curb backlips sure to become on trend after that recent gilbert crocket insta post

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #696 on: March 28, 2022, 10:22:07 AM »
back lips on the ledges are sick, y'all are trippin but also using the unpopular thread in a correct fashion

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #697 on: March 28, 2022, 12:14:46 PM »
Austyn Gillette still isn’t marketable and his the Globe shoe he redesigned is a take on the universal kook boot called Blundstones.

Edited for accuracy*
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 12:34:33 PM by EXTRA SPICY »
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #698 on: March 28, 2022, 12:19:57 PM »
Austyn Gillette still isn’t marketable and his Globe shoe is a take on the universal kook boot called Blundstones.

That's not his shoe.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #699 on: March 28, 2022, 12:23:08 PM »
Andy Stone showed us all how stylish back lip ledge combos are in Falling Down.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #700 on: March 28, 2022, 12:33:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Austyn Gillette still isn’t marketable and his the Globe shoe he redesigned is a take on the universal kook boot called Blundstones.
[close]

That's not his shoe.

Well shooot @pizzafliptofakie got me googling on my lunch break. I stand corrected! I also still stand with my statement.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #701 on: March 28, 2022, 12:35:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That's not his shoe.
[close]

Well shooot @pizzafliptofakie got me googling on my lunch break. I stand corrected! I also still stand with my statement.

According to his Nine Club, you may be able to stand by that statement again before the end of the year  ;D

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #702 on: March 28, 2022, 01:47:11 PM »

Edited for accuracy*

That style is called Chelsea boots

I couldn't rock em. I wear Thursdays though

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #703 on: March 28, 2022, 02:04:26 PM »
If you lived in Vancouver you would learn to hate these boots…..

R3dBullRox420

« Reply #704 on: March 28, 2022, 03:56:31 PM »
Expand Quote
^What a dumbass opinion. California is not a monolith it's a huge state with lots of places in it that are different, stupid. Last time I checked skateboarding is still hard despite your geographical location. Where are you from that's so fucking cool?
[close]

Where I'm from isn't necessarily "cool", Cali is just fucking wack. It's much easier to learn and progress on perfect concrete, with great weather, with a shop on every corner, and pros at every park. There's plenty of stories about cali dudes touring the east coast and having a very difficult time. I know that's all anecdotal, but I've never heard of the inverse happening. I also feel like the accessibility of skateboarding out west has watered it down to some degree, when the hoops you have to jump through to have a good sesh are fewer, the dedication necessary to have said sesh is lower. I would wager that many people that skate in cali would not skate or they would skate far less if they were subject to east coast conditions. I feel like this is all pretty obvious and reasonable. but w/e

The entire NBA is soft, except of course the Denver Nuggets + any hooper who grew up playing in the mile high city n made it to the league at any point thereafter. None of MJs rings count btw cuz the elevation at his home court and training facilities sat at a mere 500 ft! Any real scholar knows these statements to be true. 

Empirical sources:
  1. Cats, Ipath (PhD). Chapter 1: Facilities and Equipment Infractions. In A Physicist's and Geographer's Guide to Sports & Recreation (212th ed., Vol. 917, Ser. 718), et al., 2022
  2. Trust me bro

LebowskisRug

« Reply #705 on: March 28, 2022, 04:44:34 PM »
I can't really watch Oski unless it's once every few weeks on IG or something. I dunno why, he is really good at skating parts but it gets kinda repetitive and boring after a while. He kinda brings Polar down and doesn't fit (clothes aside) and should just be on Real or something.

R3dBullRox420

« Reply #706 on: March 28, 2022, 05:57:37 PM »

Edited for accuracy*

Dude name a better boot silhouette than blundstones...
Minimal/lowkey shape you expect with any chelsea boot but also have a lug sole for durability/practicality.

Better than SLP's robin hood lookin ass chelsea boots... those are real kook kicks imo.

The vans slip on is the skate low derivative on a lug chelsea boot. I don't think there is a more subtle skate shoe than that

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #707 on: March 28, 2022, 06:12:23 PM »
Expand Quote

Edited for accuracy*
[close]

Minimal/lowkey shape you expect with any chelsea boot but also have a lug sole for durability/practicality.

Better than SLP's robin hood lookin ass chelsea boots... those are real kook kicks imo.

The vans slip on is the skate low derivative on a lug chelsea boot. I don't think there is a more subtle skate shoe than that

Maybe we're all a little sick of naming boot silhouettes.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #708 on: March 28, 2022, 06:14:52 PM »
Expand Quote

Edited for accuracy*
[close]

Redbacks are a bit better than blundstones. But yeah people who actually work must be kooks...

R3dBullRox420

« Reply #709 on: March 28, 2022, 06:43:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Edited for accuracy*
[close]

[close]

Maybe we're all a little sick of naming boot silhouettes.

Maybe start a popular opinion thread for this inquiry?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 07:18:26 PM by R3dBullRox420 »

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #710 on: March 28, 2022, 10:30:38 PM »
Expand Quote

Edited for accuracy*
[close]

1) Dude name a better boot silhouette than blundstones...

1) Vans sk8-hi (the do-all boot)
2) Doc Chelsea’s (runner up)

Mic drop.
Unbeatable.
I’m out.

R3dBullRox420

« Reply #711 on: March 29, 2022, 10:11:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Edited for accuracy*
[close]

[close]

Mic drop.
Unbeatable.
I’m out.

Lol the sk8-hi boots scream "I need to wear skate brands even in the snow cause I'm a soul skater" a lil too much for me personally. But yea they pull off what a lot of sneaker boots can't

You've played yourself if u don't think doc chelsea is the same thing as a blundstone but with yellow stitching on the midsole.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #712 on: March 29, 2022, 10:31:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Edited for accuracy*
[close]

[close]

Mic drop.
Unbeatable.
I’m out.
[close]

Lol the sk8-hi boots scream "I need to wear skate brands even in the snow cause I'm a soul skater" a lil too much for me personally. But yea they pull off what a lot of sneaker boots can't

You've played yourself if u don't think doc chelsea is the same thing as a blundstone but with yellow stitching on the midsole.

Lol I thought blundstones were for Australian farm workers but I could see Abercrombie and Fitch types wear them..

Docs are so mid.. Entry level stuff

Lately I've been into racing boots

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #713 on: March 29, 2022, 02:55:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Edited for accuracy*
[close]

[close]

Mic drop.
Unbeatable.
I’m out.
[close]

Sk8-hi boots? Swing and a miss! Baby I just stated sk8-hi’s, not the MTE/boot thing. I’ve done it all in the OG ones (e.g., 80+ mile backpacking trips, prescription burns, bar nights, day hikes, snow flights, tre flips knee height, etc.), add a snake skin sock liner and you’re going everywhere. But good effort there Tiger, keep swinging.

Also, glad to hear you can see. You are correct, the doc Chelsea is the same thing as a blundstone, just not a blundstone. Get it? Estillo. Goes far.

Why am I still typing? No further responses will be considered.

R3dBullRox420

« Reply #714 on: March 29, 2022, 04:57:29 PM »
Baby I just stated sk8-hi’s, not the MTE/boot thing. I’ve done it all in the OG ones (e.g., 80+ mile backpacking trips, prescription burns, bar nights, day hikes, snow flights, tre flips knee height, etc.), add a snake skin sock liner and you’re going everywhere. But good effort there Tiger, keep swinging.
Weird flex. But yea those ain't no boots then

Also, glad to hear you can see.
Haha aw u salty

You are correct, the doc Chelsea is the same thing as a blundstone, just not a blundstone.
k

Get it? Estillo. Goes far.
Yikes.

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #715 on: March 29, 2022, 05:34:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Edited for accuracy*
[close]

[close]

Mic drop.
Unbeatable.
I’m out.
[close]

[close]

Lol I thought blundstones were for Australian farm workers but I could see Abercrombie and Fitch types wear them..

Look at that shin protection! Never coming home with bruised shins again with those babies on.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #716 on: March 30, 2022, 08:39:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Edited for accuracy*
[close]

[close]

Mic drop.
Unbeatable.
I’m out.

Beloved of college girls and their moms, too.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #717 on: March 30, 2022, 09:28:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Edited for accuracy*
[close]

[close]

Mic drop.
Unbeatable.
I’m out.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Look at that shin protection! Never coming home with bruised shins again with those babies on.

Plus a bolt on Kickflip patch on the toe. Hyper-durable and replaceable. Smart.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #718 on: March 30, 2022, 11:00:57 AM »
Just want to chime in and say that Docs are like the Heart Supply of the boot world. Anyone you see wearing them you just know right away they have no idea what good boots are.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #719 on: March 30, 2022, 11:38:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Edited for accuracy*
[close]

[close]

Mic drop.
Unbeatable.
I’m out.
[close]

[close]

Sk8-hi boots? Swing and a miss! Baby I just stated sk8-hi’s, not the MTE/boot thing. I’ve done it all in the OG ones (e.g., 80+ mile backpacking trips, prescription burns, bar nights, day hikes, snow flights, tre flips knee height, etc.), add a snake skin sock liner and you’re going everywhere. But good effort there Tiger, keep swinging.

Also, glad to hear you can see. You are correct, the doc Chelsea is the same thing as a blundstone, just not a blundstone. Get it? Estillo. Goes far.

Why am I still typing? No further responses will be considered.

Lol only here can someone get so offended over shoes that they post something this embarrassing
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021