Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 183780 times)

somefucker

Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #720 on: March 30, 2022, 11:43:34 AM »

Lol only here can someone get so offended over shoes that they post something this embarrassing

boot? i didn't say boot
i said (boot)

jgonzalez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #721 on: March 30, 2022, 02:47:04 PM »
Just want to chime in and say that Docs are like the Heart Supply of the boot world. Anyone you see wearing them you just know right away they have no idea what good boots are.

I only buy the made in England docs now. I recommend those. Huge quality difference despite the company claiming there’s no difference in manufacturing.

nothing's been the since same

cky enthusiast

« Reply #722 on: March 30, 2022, 07:02:12 PM »
Just want to chime in and say that Docs are like the Heart Supply of the boot world. Anyone you see wearing them you just know right away they have no idea what good boots are.

*giggle* are you wearing.. doc martens?! omg wait til the guys at bootmagazine.com hear about this

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #723 on: April 12, 2022, 06:59:52 AM »
bump cuz I've been noticing it now that it's spring.

While it's certainly well intended, I can't help but feel like there's a line between leaving some used gear at the park/spot for grabs and dumping your trash among skaters for them to deal with. I've seen a few instances of someone leaving shoes/boards/trucks that are in such rough shape you'd be better off dumpster diving for product.

dill8849

• Rep: -41
« Reply #724 on: April 12, 2022, 07:39:16 AM »

While it's certainly well intended, I can't help but feel like there's a line between leaving some used gear at the park/spot for grabs and dumping your trash among skaters for them to deal with. I've seen a few instances of someone leaving shoes/boards/trucks that are in such rough shape you'd be better off dumpster diving for product.

I was literally of thinking of donating a used board that is still in pretty god shape that has a little bit of razor tail to my local shop but wasn't sure if it was common for shops to take donated skate stuff.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #725 on: April 12, 2022, 07:55:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was literally of thinking of donating a used board that is still in pretty god shape that has a little bit of razor tail to my local shop but wasn't sure if it was common for shops to take donated skate stuff.

Mine takes them and will even offer you a slight discount if you drop one off to buy a new one.

Some of the boards I've seen left behind definitely had more than a little razor tail, haha.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #726 on: April 12, 2022, 08:12:11 AM »
Hipsters skaters arent marketable bros. Dylan and Autyn sank 2 shoes brands.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2155
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #727 on: April 12, 2022, 08:34:03 AM »
Sounds to me like “mission: accomplished.”
Er’body knows the two of them are/were part of an economic black-ops program established by “Big Shoe” in order to decimate the smaller skate shoe companies.
Dylan was “removed from the theater of operations” by counter agents/measures put in place by Kieth Hufnagel as a last ditch effort to rescue his company.
Austyn then killed off Huf as a warning to Pierre André, Van Doren dude, etc.
Austyn then returned to his original directive and targeted Globe.
“Operation Poison Pill” continues unabated.

Maybe I should take this to the conspires thread?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #728 on: April 12, 2022, 10:38:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Er’body knows the two of them are/were part of an economic black-ops program established by “Big Shoe” in order to decimate the smaller skate shoe companies.
Dylan was “removed from the theater of operations” by counter agents/measures put in place by Kieth Hufnagel as a last ditch effort to rescue his company.

Great imagination.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #729 on: April 12, 2022, 01:11:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He also went back to Habitat to put the nail in the coffin there as well

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #730 on: April 12, 2022, 05:49:22 PM »
Whether it’s flat ground or over stairs/gaps, heel flips are considered acceptable in situations where kickflips would be considered too basic. This has always seemed completely arbitrary to me.

quackquack

• Rep: -379
« Reply #731 on: April 12, 2022, 07:56:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He also went back to Habitat to put the nail in the coffin there as well

I've read documentation now stricken from the record which explicitly states Elijah's pro model was also part of this operation's Zone of Action. His ability to reverse-engineer style and design made him a prime target.
Oh, the places you'll go.

milk.razor

• Rep: 11
« Reply #732 on: April 13, 2022, 08:07:52 AM »
everyone who skates for the Theories brand looks and dresses the exact same.  white dude in a dad cap and crew neck or maybe a vest with beanie. i realize their sponsor makes the clothes but damn. kind of weird
No fun allowed. Also get your phone out and film this for my insta edit. Also don’t breath too loud. Bitch.

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #733 on: April 13, 2022, 08:37:56 AM »
everyone who skates for the Theories brand looks and dresses the exact same.  white dude in a dad cap and crew neck or maybe a vest with beanie. i realize their sponsor makes the clothes but damn. kind of weird

I thought the same while watching a Darkroom vid.

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #734 on: April 13, 2022, 02:09:51 PM »
Pivots to fakie are not hard, just kind of scary. Peterblunts on the other hand are difficult and frightening

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #735 on: April 13, 2022, 02:13:40 PM »
Pivots to fakie are not hard, just kind of scary. Peterblunts on the other hand are difficult and frightening
what is honestly the difference? is it that your tail is touching or that you pop out? everytime i do them i have to pop out for some reason.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #736 on: April 13, 2022, 02:18:11 PM »
MACBA footage is skatepark footage

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #737 on: April 13, 2022, 02:23:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
what is honestly the difference? is it that your tail is touching or that you pop out? everytime i do them i have to pop out for some reason.
Peterblunts are frontside pivots to fakie. Randy Ploesser kickflipped one to fakie on a barrier, that is impressive. I don't pop out I just kind of fakie manual back in. Probably why they don't seem that hard, I do them the bullshit easy way

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #738 on: April 13, 2022, 02:47:48 PM »

What? Have you skated there lately? Ledges are rounded off and blunted. Can be hard to skate

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #739 on: April 13, 2022, 03:04:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What? Have you skated there lately? Ledges are rounded off and blunted. Can be hard to skate
Just playing, I’m mostly just jealous. I’ve been here all week and it’s an amazing vibe. It’s listed as a skate park on maps, but it’s obviously a natural spot. It feels like a city block sized skatepark. I mean that in the best way possible.

cookieflip

• Rep: 0
« Reply #740 on: April 13, 2022, 03:21:16 PM »
probably not that unpopular of an opinion but my Instagram explore page is nothing but 3 year olds skating vert and models doing stationary kickflips.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #741 on: April 13, 2022, 04:10:12 PM »
probably not that unpopular of an opinion but my Instagram explore page is nothing but 3 year olds skating vert and models doing stationary kickflips.
In fact it's not even an opinion

cookieflip

• Rep: 0
« Reply #742 on: April 13, 2022, 06:37:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
In fact it's not even an opinion

my bad. my opinion is i hate the instagram explore page

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #743 on: April 13, 2022, 09:39:04 PM »
I wouldn't be caught dead in one of their shirts. But I like the Santa Cruz team. And that new Blake part was sick.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #744 on: April 13, 2022, 11:47:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Just playing, I’m mostly just jealous. I’ve been here all week and it’s an amazing vibe. It’s listed as a skate park on maps, but it’s obviously a natural spot. It feels like a city block sized skatepark. I mean that in the best way possible.

I get ya

Have you skated Born Plaza? Now that's perfection

How long ya over for ? Enjoy your trip

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #745 on: April 14, 2022, 01:13:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Peterblunts are frontside pivots to fakie. Randy Ploesser kickflipped one to fakie on a barrier, that is impressive. I don't pop out I just kind of fakie manual back in. Probably why they don't seem that hard, I do them the bullshit easy way

That's probably the hardest way to do them! Easiest is reverting out with all four wheels on the transition
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #746 on: April 14, 2022, 05:03:43 AM »
Do you guys support abolishing the police who support brainwashing kids into sexual servitude of the autogynephilic!?
Getting a late start today.

Get hungry on it!

somefucker

« Reply #747 on: April 14, 2022, 05:56:12 AM »

i think most skaters share this sentiment

shuv out of a piv fakie feel sooooo good

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #748 on: April 14, 2022, 06:01:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I leave them at the skatepark or popular spots. Twice now, I've later seen kids skating my trashed deck. One kid was absolutely destroying on it, which was nice to see.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #749 on: April 15, 2022, 09:27:17 PM »
What bill does is the antithesis of standard skate filming and it’s the perfect version of that. It should be appreciated.