Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 183777 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #810 on: April 22, 2022, 08:31:42 PM »
The Chocolate section from Yeah Right! should have been its own video.

Keenan Tribute/Part
MJ Intro
MJ Part
Montage
Mike York
Justin Elridge
Gino
Outro/Credits

The whole thing would clock in at 20 mins and would be on a lot of peoples favourite videos list. Yeah Right! becomes more watchable from start to finish too.

I’ve always thought Yeah Right was too long. Even when it came out.

Makes me think about how Pretty Sweet was SUPPOSED to be two separate videos

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #811 on: April 22, 2022, 08:58:39 PM »
Expand Quote
The Chocolate section from Yeah Right! should have been its own video.

Keenan Tribute/Part
MJ Intro
MJ Part
Montage
Mike York
Justin Elridge
Gino
Outro/Credits

The whole thing would clock in at 20 mins and would be on a lot of peoples favourite videos list. Yeah Right! becomes more watchable from start to finish too.
[close]

I’ve always thought Yeah Right was too long. Even when it came out.

Makes me think about how Pretty Sweet was SUPPOSED to be two separate videos
I'd agree now looking back but at the time buying my first skate DVD (which were stupidly expensive in Aus) knowing I was basically getting a girl video and a chocolate video was pretty good incentive/value. If seperating the vid I'd maybe put eldy up front opening as a banger, having the montage feel like an intro then York MJ and Gino. MJs parts probably better than Gino's but it's on a lot of enjoi boards.

quackquack

• Rep: -379
« Reply #812 on: April 22, 2022, 09:16:03 PM »
Slides where the heel drags on the ledge should not count. They're just as bad as booger slides.

Also, Skate parts should only feature one brand/model of skate shoe.
Oh, the places you'll go.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #813 on: April 22, 2022, 10:47:44 PM »
Slides where the heel drags on the ledge should not count. They're just as bad as booger slides.

brand police brand police

quackquack

« Reply #814 on: April 23, 2022, 12:18:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Book 'em, Lou.

I don't care what brand they are, I just like consistency. It throws off a part when the rider switches shoes, makes it feel like throwaway or flow footy.

milk.razor

• Rep: 11
« Reply #815 on: April 23, 2022, 06:00:28 AM »
Expand Quote
mj/mike york parts changed me
[close]

Where did the bad men touch you with their parts?

No fun allowed. Also get your phone out and film this for my insta edit. Also don’t breath too loud. Bitch.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #816 on: April 23, 2022, 06:01:21 AM »
Apparently my opinion that T-Funk's China Banks ollie is gnarlier than the 900 is unpopular. I stand by it.

EshLad666

• Rep: -3
« Reply #817 on: April 23, 2022, 06:31:42 AM »
Everyone currently loosing their minds at the nine club over the Oblow fiasco are stupid as fuck. By all means get angry at Oblow for his comments. But the nine club is simply a platform we’re he expressed his opinion. If somebody leaves a comment on your Instagram saying somet you don’t like, for example you post a selfie and somebody comments “I’d rape the shit out of you, lol, winky face” do you hold Instagram accountable or do you hold the user accountable?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #818 on: April 23, 2022, 06:49:10 AM »
Everyone currently loosing their minds at the nine club over the Oblow fiasco are stupid as fuck. By all means get angry at Oblow for his comments. But the nine club is simply a platform we’re he expressed his opinion. If somebody leaves a comment on your Instagram saying somet you don’t like, for example you post a selfie and somebody comments “I’d rape the shit out of you, lol, winky face” do you hold Instagram accountable or do you hold the user accountable?
Itshay ogiclay adlay. No one's bummed at YouTube for it. Your example would have to be a user on insta posting a vid of somebody else saying it. And yes everyone would be mad at the both the person saying it and the person who posted it.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #819 on: April 23, 2022, 07:14:50 AM »

You can't be serious. The real example would be someone commenting some really bad shit about someone you know on your selfie, and then you're just ignoring it or even giving it a like, while hundreds of people are telling you to delete that shit.

Do you and the commenter deserve some hate in that situation? Hell yeah

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2155
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #820 on: April 23, 2022, 07:33:21 AM »
New guy is sharp as a sock: they’re going to do great stuff here, I can already tell.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Brguy

« Reply #821 on: April 23, 2022, 12:43:13 PM »
I think the least they could do was some warnings about offensive content and something in the lines of "this guy is full of shit and we don't endorse his words". At the end of the day it really is kinda their job to show these people, as irrelevant and bad as they might be.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #822 on: April 23, 2022, 04:10:01 PM »
The Nine Club does not function like open social media.

It is a product for consumption (that makes them money, don’t forget) that is already edited.

They have a choice to edit out or leave in what their guests say. It’s not just a ‘free speech’ platform. The Nine Club ultimately are accountable for what they leave in the episode, and how they handle it. They chose to keep that terrible take by Oblow in until they got blowback for it.

So I’d compare the Nine club to a magazine, whose editors are responsible for what they print.

It’s not at all like unmediated social media.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 04:26:57 PM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #823 on: April 23, 2022, 07:53:04 PM »
I think the Nine Club guys don’t have much “media training” where they learned how to tactfully handle situations like this. If something controversial happens they just freeze like deer in the headlights. Crob almost has a heart attack a few times in the Dustin Dollin episode, and he’s not evil or anything.

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
« Reply #824 on: April 23, 2022, 08:14:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Book 'em, Lou.

I don't care what brand they are, I just like consistency. It throws off a part when the rider switches shoes, makes it feel like throwaway or flow footy.

First off, that doesn't really matter to me, but I offer my condolences for your grief. But what about if it's the same brand, just different models? What if it's the same shoe but different colorways?

quackquack

« Reply #825 on: April 23, 2022, 08:31:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Book 'em, Lou.

[close]

First off, that doesn't really matter to me, but I offer my condolences for your grief. But what about if it's the same brand, just different models? What if it's the same shoe but different colorways?

Lol, it's definitely a first-world problem.

I dunno, I suppose it's better than shots of Chuck Taylor's followed by some Dunks.

It comes back to my own preference - I would find a shoe model that worked for me and I wouldn't buy a different one until they quit making that model. It's impressive that T-Funk can go from those DC whatevers to a pair of Van's slips, it would have taken me a year straight to feel comfortable kickflipping, let alone crushing it.

Same model, different colorways is totally fine - the outfit has gotta work, ya know?

what is wrong with you

• Rep: 10
« Reply #826 on: April 23, 2022, 09:38:49 PM »
fuck it i like ronson lambert still

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #827 on: April 24, 2022, 05:58:20 AM »
The Courthouse should go to make way for 930 housing units. 430 of them affordable.

No question. Bulldoze that shit immediately and start housing people so soon as you can.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #828 on: April 24, 2022, 06:02:44 AM »

Do you think that 9 Club provides the servers and bandwidth to host their content? I actually agree that the Oblow thread has gone on far too long and anyone still posting there needs a mental health check, but I don't understand what your point here is.

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #829 on: April 24, 2022, 10:12:12 AM »
I propose we change the name of Russian bonelesses, and Russian salad dressing. Russian Roulette can still be called Russian Roulette. Hopefully more of their army's soldiers take up playing games of this time-honored Russian pastime

LebowskisRug

« Reply #830 on: April 24, 2022, 10:37:03 AM »
The gear doesn’t matter as much as we think it does.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #831 on: April 24, 2022, 11:10:32 AM »
I propose we change the name of Russian bonelesses, and Russian salad dressing. Russian Roulette can still be called Russian Roulette. Hopefully more of their army's soldiers take up playing games of this time-honored Russian pastime

russia is canceled sis

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #832 on: April 24, 2022, 12:44:27 PM »
Nollie backside 270s into tricks look terrible.

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #833 on: April 24, 2022, 01:46:48 PM »
Nollie backside 270s into tricks look terrible.

Unless your name is Yuto, I can see it.

Tommy G

• Rep: -14
« Reply #834 on: April 24, 2022, 02:53:03 PM »
Expand Quote
pants looked better in footage right before everyone cared so much about pants (2016-2018)
[close]
Agree and I'd even nudge it forward two years. If you knew what was up you weren't in the side pipe'n chinos by then anyway. Shoes were better then too. Actually has any product got better in the last five years? It's certainly more expensive.

I’m kinda in between on the whole pants debate. There are some dudes that can pull off the baggy pants look and some that look awful just following trends. Same goes with highwaters and cuffed pants. I honestly hated those years because so many guys that followed the trend looked corny as fuck.

Shoes definitely feel a lot cheaper now. I’ve been skating the Lakai Telfords and the leather on them feel like some cheap designer shoes.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #835 on: April 24, 2022, 03:43:56 PM »
Jamie platt is the best dressed big boys wearer everyone else should pack it in
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #836 on: April 24, 2022, 03:44:46 PM »
Baggys arent as bad as cuffed skinnies because cuffed skinnies are so much harder to rock
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

cyrilgrey

• Rep: -1
« Reply #837 on: April 24, 2022, 07:43:06 PM »
If they don't actually make the skateboards themselves, they're not a skateboard company, they're just a "brand".

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #838 on: April 24, 2022, 07:46:31 PM »
If they don't actually make the skateboards themselves, they're not a skateboard company, they're just a "brand".

Powell is the only company left

livin on a speyer

« Reply #839 on: April 29, 2022, 01:14:44 AM »
I have nothing against Steve Berra.