Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 183886 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #840 on: April 29, 2022, 01:21:43 AM »
I think I wouldn't care if nobody ever did a flip trick again.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #841 on: April 29, 2022, 03:34:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
pants looked better in footage right before everyone cared so much about pants (2016-2018)
[close]
Agree and I'd even nudge it forward two years. If you knew what was up you weren't in the side pipe'n chinos by then anyway. Shoes were better then too. Actually has any product got better in the last five years? It's certainly more expensive.
[close]

I’m kinda in between on the whole pants debate. There are some dudes that can pull off the baggy pants look and some that look awful just following trends. Same goes with highwaters and cuffed pants. I honestly hated those years because so many guys that followed the trend looked corny as fuck.

Shoes definitely feel a lot cheaper now. I’ve been skating the Lakai Telfords and the leather on them feel like some cheap designer shoes.

Cuffed pants look horrible

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #842 on: April 29, 2022, 03:58:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
pants looked better in footage right before everyone cared so much about pants (2016-2018)
[close]
Agree and I'd even nudge it forward two years. If you knew what was up you weren't in the side pipe'n chinos by then anyway. Shoes were better then too. Actually has any product got better in the last five years? It's certainly more expensive.
[close]

I’m kinda in between on the whole pants debate. There are some dudes that can pull off the baggy pants look and some that look awful just following trends. Same goes with highwaters and cuffed pants. I honestly hated those years because so many guys that followed the trend looked corny as fuck.

Shoes definitely feel a lot cheaper now. I’ve been skating the Lakai Telfords and the leather on them feel like some cheap designer shoes.
[close]

It's the unpopular opinion thread so you can think what you want but I feel like this is just the natural reaction to the last fashion. I don't like pants hanging over shoes and actually hate it if it's caused by sagging. All we've done is traded two inches of socks for two inches of undies.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #843 on: April 29, 2022, 06:40:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
It's the unpopular opinion thread so you can think what you want but I feel like this is just the natural reaction to the last fashion. I don't like pants hanging over shoes and actually hate it if it's caused by sagging. All we've done is traded two inches of socks for two inches of undies.

I just don't understand how it's so popular but swooshy joggers are a lame jock look. Don't they accomplish the same thing of not having baggy ass Pants that require adjustment every trick?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #844 on: April 29, 2022, 07:25:05 AM »
I don’t care what company Tyshawn or Nickel ride for.

Trashcanslumberparty

• Rep: 2
« Reply #845 on: April 29, 2022, 07:27:03 AM »
if you don’t skate to get places you don’t get style

This is true. U got to learn how to push right or else u will look stupid af

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #846 on: May 01, 2022, 06:14:02 PM »
I really like those Arizona Ice Tea team edits that pop up on Transworld’s youtube from time to time. 

I feel like the heinous fits and Arizona Ice Tea griptape doom them to eternal obscurity though.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #847 on: May 01, 2022, 06:18:10 PM »
i’ve skated with those dudes irl and it is insanity to witness in person. a dude got vamped at their last demo by the dj (?!) and that bone stallone dude did the best skating i’ve seen irl

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
« Reply #848 on: May 01, 2022, 07:06:40 PM »
i’ve skated with those dudes irl and it is insanity to witness in person. a dude got vamped at their last demo by the dj (?!) and that bone stallone dude did the best skating i’ve seen irl

That’s awesome, they seem like they’d be really fun to skate with.  Bunch of unpretentious, hyped up maniacs.  At least that’s what it looks like from the outside.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #849 on: May 01, 2022, 07:36:39 PM »
lots of free iced tea too

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #850 on: May 02, 2022, 05:32:56 AM »
I'm starting to get Andy Anderson fatigue. 

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
« Reply #851 on: May 02, 2022, 05:58:46 AM »

It's as though a little boy fell into a vat of toxic positivity and gained powers.

thebacker

« Reply #852 on: May 02, 2022, 07:03:01 AM »

i felt this from the first clip i saw of him

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #853 on: May 02, 2022, 07:16:30 AM »
I really like those Arizona Ice Tea team edits that pop up on Transworld’s youtube from time to time. 

I feel like the heinous fits and Arizona Ice Tea griptape doom them to eternal obscurity though.

I start watching them but then the grip kills me. I can’t focus on anything but how bad the grip is. So I find other stuff.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 09:07:09 AM by Murge »

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1278
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #854 on: May 02, 2022, 09:25:24 AM »

I like that they're basically Natural Koncept 2022.

Also I'm just a fan of the green tea and would probably throw a hat with that print into the rotation. No griptape though plz.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #855 on: May 02, 2022, 11:17:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I like that they're basically Natural Koncept 2022.

Also I'm just a fan of the green tea and would probably throw a hat with that print into the rotation. No griptape though plz.

You're spot on. From the website:

In early 2007, AriZona started to take interest in an elite, underground skate brand, known as ‘Natural Koncept‘. Relating to it’s street-style and raw creativity, AriZona aligned with Natural Koncept’s, JZ Radical sending him around the globe to find and collaborate with the best in the skate game.
After sponsoring countless tours throughout the USA, Mexico, South America, Europe and even parts of Asia we’re stoked to officially introduce the AZ skateboard team consisting of world class riders Brandon Bonner aka Bonestalone, Colombian Superstar Juan Pablo Velez, Santo Domingo born Carlo Carezzano, Connecticut’s JJ Colon and NYC’s  Leo Heinert. 
The Amateur squad consists of Costa Rica’s Jefferson “YiYo” Obando, Argentina ripper Eugenia Ginepro & Miami’s Simon Vasquez.
The team recently finished the Piña Colada Tour in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
Look out for the next AriZona Skate Tour coming to a city near you. Over here, everyone agrees AriZona Iced Tea’s 99 ¢ent Big Can is the official beverage of street skateboarding. What do you think?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 596
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #856 on: May 02, 2022, 01:03:40 PM »
anyone who is hate watching, hate posting about, or hate engaging in any way with BATB12/the BATB12 thread is ultimately contributing to its success, regardless of how much you criticize it

I haven't been following the skate world so much the last 3 months and was legit surprised that BATB12 is still running. But I don't feel like reading 60 pages of that thread nor feel like watching all the games.

Can someone tell me the highlights so far?
Are the finals in sight now?

Thanks in advance. Scientology is lame.
IG: @flowterspace

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #857 on: May 02, 2022, 01:07:57 PM »
Expand Quote
anyone who is hate watching, hate posting about, or hate engaging in any way with BATB12/the BATB12 thread is ultimately contributing to its success, regardless of how much you criticize it
[close]

I haven't been following the skate world so much the last 3 months and was legit surprised that BATB12 is still running. But I don't feel like reading 60 pages of that thread nor feel like watching all the games.

its absolute dog shit now.

Magnolia

• Rep: 412
  • She/They
« Reply #858 on: May 02, 2022, 03:49:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They're finally into the second round. There have been a lot of substitutions and gimmicky games. Finals are gonna be broadcast on some fucking app that Berra owes money or something
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

switchfakie

« Reply #859 on: May 02, 2022, 04:08:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
They're finally into the second round. There have been a lot of substitutions and gimmicky games. Finals are gonna be broadcast on some fucking app that Berra owes money or something

i don't know anybody IRL who is complaining about BATB12. this counters the opinion that OC said, i think we all focused any logs of shit we gave about BATB and moved on with our lives

either way, I only hear people complain on slap. I think everybody under the age of 30 doesn't give a shit about the Berrics

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #860 on: May 02, 2022, 10:02:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

i don't know anybody IRL who is complaining about BATB12. this counters the opinion that OC said, i think we all focused any logs of shit we gave about BATB and moved on with our lives

either way, I only hear people complain on slap. I think everybody under the age of 30 doesn't give a shit about the Berrics

I don't know anyone IRL who gives a shit about BATB.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

bssmithslide

• Rep: -41
« Reply #861 on: May 03, 2022, 03:05:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Lipslides on ledges are ass. I don’t care if you flip in, flip out, do it switch, whatever. It’s just not a good looking trick
[close]

That's one of the most popular opinions
[close]

True. I feel like a lot of pros are runnin em though. Ishod just had one in his most recent part, which is what made me think of it.

this is funny because Ishod himself on the 9 club said  that lipslides on ledges are ass as well.

conqueso

« Reply #862 on: May 03, 2022, 03:25:18 AM »

what success?

conqueso

« Reply #863 on: May 03, 2022, 04:11:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

what success?
[close]
the success of having 100k+ views on every video in the series and a 100 page thread on slap discussing the event, which will likely convince hypebeast and steve berra that the event is still relevant and the berrics is worth the investment

and when did you start your internship with steve?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 596
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #864 on: May 03, 2022, 04:15:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Wow, now I regret that I asked.
Sounds like really good time at the Berrics nowadays.
Steve still trying to be relevant with all means necessary. So they want our money in the app to watch the finals? Can't say I am surprised by any of this ^^
IG: @flowterspace

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 283
  • often correct
« Reply #865 on: May 03, 2022, 04:25:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

what success?
[close]
the success of having 100k+ views on every video in the series and a 100 page thread on slap discussing the event, which will likely convince hypebeast and steve berra that the event is still relevant and the berrics is worth the investment
[close]

and when did you start your internship with steve?
if your smooth brain can’t absorb the idea that hate watching and engagement is still engagement nonetheless and media outlets generally use engagement to track success then i think we’re done here

edit: sorry, that was a little harsh for the conversation but i don’t think pointing out that metric-wise, BATB12 is pretty successful regardless of the reason you’re watching it makes me a shill for steve berra
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 06:42:17 AM by Ignatius J Reilly »

boogs

« Reply #866 on: May 03, 2022, 06:18:50 AM »
this shit is so over
when i was still watching it and would ask a fellow skater if they had seen it the answer was always no.

switchfakie

« Reply #867 on: May 03, 2022, 06:24:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

aw fuck i should've been more clear, i don't know anybody IRL who is complaining about BATB BECAUSE nobody i know gives a shit about BATB

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #868 on: May 03, 2022, 06:41:12 AM »
The whole thing about "if you comment on something you're a participant" being some kinda big contradiction has always been weird to me. It's a skateboarding topic and we're on a skateboarding forum, and I don't think going out of your way to post criticisms has as much stake as people think. I'm sure people hating on BATB aren't punching their desks and foaming at the mouth because the Berrics is doing a bad job. At most it seems like a bit of schadenfreude to watch them fumble, which isn't really that deep. I know I spend most of my time on this site while I'm on the clock, and when I log off for the day anything I post or read about here occupies very little of my mind, and I'd like to think that's the case for most of us.

So sure, hate watching is technically contributing in terms of raw number of views, but there are worse things I could waste five minutes doing.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 07:04:26 AM by pizzafliptofakie »

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1084
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #869 on: May 03, 2022, 08:49:08 AM »
Mike Mo blew it