Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 186306 times)

JRF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 145
Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1320 on: July 09, 2022, 11:05:51 AM »
One time I was playing intramural ultimate and Chad was actually cool as fuck to me…….I’m just saying…..

I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about, but it does sound intriguing..
//////////

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #1321 on: July 09, 2022, 11:26:10 AM »
He looks like a tv weatherman to me.  I don’t mean that as an insult or a compliment.

I’ve always thought that his career suffered due to his being a completely normal looking white dude, the kind of guy you work with in your office, rather than having some kind of totally unique look.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1322 on: July 09, 2022, 12:35:27 PM »
Is also “cookie” talk referring to Darren “cookiehead” Jenkins”?

fuck i wish

a pepperoni is a terrible thing to waste

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 64
« Reply #1323 on: July 09, 2022, 02:28:29 PM »
Blake Carpenter is underrated.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #1324 on: July 09, 2022, 04:55:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Is also “cookie” talk referring to Darren “cookiehead” Jenkins”?
[close]

fuck i wish

a pepperoni is a terrible thing to waste

I still love that part

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1325 on: July 10, 2022, 05:02:36 AM »
I don’t know why but I have never thought a pivot to fakie has looked good.

assvogel

• Rep: 203
« Reply #1326 on: July 10, 2022, 06:05:28 AM »
I don’t know why but I have never thought a pivot to fakie has looked good.

I think Mayday is a great looking trick especially on any steep transition, but it's the execution that matters.

Best in class: Drehobl to fakie in Krooked Khronicles. One continuous motion to stand-up to fakie, no popping out, board doesn't extend over 90 degrees.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #1327 on: July 10, 2022, 09:58:50 AM »
Kinda wished that Nyjah just remained an introverted Rasta like his dad’s initial vision of him. At least he would have been more interesting than the Cali dude-bro that his mom let him turn into.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1328 on: July 10, 2022, 01:36:32 PM »
He’s too good, we would have hated him no matter what…

ss

« Reply #1329 on: July 10, 2022, 11:11:46 PM »
Not hating on female skaters but the cheer they get from the crowd is way extra just cuz they're a female that's skateboarding and it's cringe cuz their skill level is obviously not up to par with the average male pro which everyone knows (it's nobody's fault it's just due to the difference in body structure and muscle to fat ratio between the two genders). But ur not allowed to say anything cuz otherwise ur sexist. And the extra cheer doesn't even have to be because they're showing skin or anything they could be wearing normal clothes. That over the top extra cheering that female skaters get is annoying as fuck and it's so obvious. Like chill, we get it that females have been oppressed in the past and they're proving themselves in the skateboard world but the cheering should be based on skill level whether the skater is male or female.

I see girls skateboarding and learning at the skatepark and the support they get from other people is way more than when boys are skating. It's annoying and so obvious. Let the girls be treated equally by not receiving extra attention and support. And the way nobody helps boys up when they get hurt, do the exact same thing with girls when they slam don't pick them up, ask them if they're okay and be all extra caring towards them just cuz they're a girl. Girls wanted to be like the boys by skateboarding and wanted to prove they can hang with the boys so let them. Don't treat them differently when it comes to skateboarding.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
« Reply #1330 on: July 10, 2022, 11:21:52 PM »
Not hating on female skaters but the cheer they get from the crowd is way extra just cuz they're a female that's skateboarding and it's cringe cuz their skill level is obviously not up to par with the average male pro which everyone knows (it's nobody's fault it's just due to the difference in body structure and muscle to fat ratio between the two genders). But ur not allowed to say anything cuz otherwise ur sexist. And the extra cheer doesn't even have to be because they're showing skin or anything they could be wearing normal clothes. That over the top extra cheering that female skaters get is annoying as fuck and it's so obvious. Like chill, we get it that females have been oppressed in the past and they're proving themselves in the skateboard world but the cheering should be based on skill level whether the skater is male or female.

I see girls skateboarding and learning at the skatepark and the support they get from other people is way more than when boys are skating. It's annoying and so obvious. Let the girls be treated equally by not receiving extra attention and support. And the way nobody helps boys up when they get hurt, do the exact same thing with girls when they slam don't pick them up, ask them if they're okay and be all extra caring towards them just cuz they're a girl. Girls wanted to be like the boys by skateboarding and wanted to prove they can hang with the boys so let them. Don't treat them differently when it comes to skateboarding.

I have to say you really nailed it, that is one unpopular opinion.

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1331 on: July 10, 2022, 11:29:12 PM »

Just chill. Give the female skate scene some time to develop and sooner than later there will be no differences anymore

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1332 on: July 10, 2022, 11:59:49 PM »
Ngl i have tried to watch female contests many times and always got bored as fuck

But i believe that's popular opinion if you don't get stoked seeing backside boardslides

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #1333 on: July 11, 2022, 12:07:32 AM »
Yeah but if that's what you wanna watch go ahead and cheer. There's a soccer field like half a km from my house and I always know when someone scored because I can hear the cheering. Pretty sure the people that play there are nowhere near as good as the top pros. Different people like different things. Or can even see the value of different things.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #1334 on: July 11, 2022, 03:12:29 AM »
The sopranos is good but overrated

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1335 on: July 11, 2022, 03:25:51 AM »
The sopranos is good but overrated
Being a pretty big tv/movie nerd it always was a secret shame I missed sopranos and the wire after twenty years of people saying how great they are. Currently watching both and have to agree. Definatly good but overrated

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #1336 on: July 11, 2022, 05:40:13 AM »

Pbn_jake

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #1337 on: July 11, 2022, 06:35:35 AM »

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #1338 on: July 11, 2022, 06:36:15 AM »
slightly off topic but when girls are skating it’s dope. even on their own they are still in high spirits and do their best to be genuinely uplifting n excited. a lot of dudes act cold, robotic and competitive. shedding some personality makes shit fun to watch

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1339 on: July 11, 2022, 06:46:58 AM »
slightly off topic but when girls are skating it’s dope. even on their own they are still in high spirits and do their best to be genuinely uplifting n excited. a lot of dudes act cold, robotic and competitive. shedding some personality makes shit fun to watch

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1340 on: July 11, 2022, 08:10:00 AM »
There is too little morals in skateboarding. I think skateboarding (content) should more take a stance on current issues. With skateboarding in the olympics, nike and other developments skating feels more hedonistic than ever. Being a skateboarder is no statement anymore like it was in the past.
Skateboarding media is just about consuming, looking cool or being the best (contests).

I would appreciate if brands would also make a statement within their output.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1341 on: July 11, 2022, 09:04:01 AM »
you're absolutely right i too would love to know what pizza skateboards' stance on abortion is

tonitonne

« Reply #1342 on: July 11, 2022, 09:29:19 AM »
There is too little morals in skateboarding. I think skateboarding (content) should more take a stance on current issues. With skateboarding in the olympics, nike and other developments skating feels more hedonistic than ever. Being a skateboarder is no statement anymore like it was in the past.
Skateboarding media is just about consuming, looking cool or being the best (contests).

Magnolia

• Rep: 448
  • She/They
« Reply #1343 on: July 11, 2022, 09:42:09 AM »
Yea this has really been my experience. The women I skate with are way more encouraging to each other, we're always having a good time, there's no one-upping going on. I'm not saying that every male skater is super insular and competitive, but they're more likely to give off that vibe
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #1344 on: July 11, 2022, 09:44:29 AM »
Making a statement is the lamest way to let people know your brands stance on an issue. Ideally they brands character should be displayed by actions of the brand and the riders it supports.

milk.razor

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1345 on: July 11, 2022, 10:13:26 AM »
those who think sopranos is overrated should check out sopranos autopsy or some of the analysis out there on each of the episodes for some context and details you might have missed. the show feels pretty fuckin deep to me.
the wire not so much but was still a pretty honest seeming representation of that world and i think that’s what makes it worth watching
No fun allowed. Also get your phone out and film this for my insta edit. Also don’t breath too loud. Bitch.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #1346 on: July 11, 2022, 10:16:27 AM »

Whose morals?
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #1347 on: July 11, 2022, 10:18:10 AM »

Wasn’t everyone Nazis in the 80s?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1348 on: July 11, 2022, 10:26:47 AM »
those who think sopranos is overrated should check out sopranos autopsy or some of the analysis out there on each of the episodes for some context and details you might have missed. the show feels pretty fuckin deep to me.
the wire not so much but was still a pretty honest seeming representation of that world and i think that’s what makes it worth watching

It's less a comment about the quality of the sopranos and the wire and more about how much people amped them up for years. Impossible to live up to. They're both good shows but not like there aren't a hundred other shows equally good. Now if I watched them back when they came out I can understand in that context they must of been so much better than everything else of the time but at least since 09 there's been constant good shows every year. But I'll also admit I'm getting kinda burnt out on series in general.

ss

« Reply #1349 on: July 11, 2022, 10:35:07 AM »
Yeah but if that's what you wanna watch go ahead and cheer. There's a soccer field like half a km from my house and I always know when someone scored because I can hear the cheering. Pretty sure the people that play there are nowhere near as good as the top pros. Different people like different things. Or can even see the value of different things.

It's just annoying when a dude does a trick at the park and gets a small cheer but then when a female does the exact same trick, and most likely not as buttery let's be real, she gets a wayyyy bigger cheer. She's treated like she's better than everyone else. It's over-compensating and it can lead to her becoming arrogant and thinking she's better than everyone else. And she might start relying on that constant approval from an audience or else she might lose motivation to keep skating. Kinda like how many many girls always need self esteem boosts by posting pics on social media and they need that boost every day like a shot of espresso or else they become unhappy. Dudes are more self reliant and skateboarding's all about doing it urself and overcoming ur haters and shit like that. But with skateboarding, we've now just made it illegal to not say something overly positive to females. cuz we're so afraid of coming off as sexist if we say to her "yeah that tre flip needs some work it's not there yet". Like what are we afraid of, that she'll start balling in tears and start telling everyone that ur an asshole? That's blackmail fuck that shit she's a female she's not better than dudes stop spoiling her. This bullshit is forcing dudes to act fake like we know u don't act alll nice like that usually but when females are at the park u start acting like her dad or big brother or something cuz u don't wanna be the guy that's being mean to a girl when in reality u wouldn't be being mean that's just how dudes talk to each other we don't baby each other's emotions we tell it like it is. Ur responsible for ur own emotions and girls need to learn that too and dudes need to learn we're not responsible for girls' emotions. Like dude, u had no problem telling me my trick was whack (i'm a dude). That shit actually did hurt but i held it in to not look like a bitch so i laughed it off. But now ur acting way different to that chick at the park. I know ur not hitting on her ur just being extra kind cuz she's a girl fuck that treat her the same way u treated me. If she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to interact with you plain and simple.