Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 183735 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1770 on: August 03, 2022, 11:48:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The “forbidden 14” thing is stupid. I like boardslides and I like scratched up graphics. I feel weird skating a board that’s partially pristine just cuz I tried to keep it that way.
[close]

agree. front boards are in my top 5 favorite tricks. idc what my board looks like. BEAT IT coolguy ledge dudes.
[close]

You front board ledges though?

front boards on ledges are fun and cool!

tonitonne

« Reply #1771 on: August 03, 2022, 11:52:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The “forbidden 14” thing is stupid. I like boardslides and I like scratched up graphics. I feel weird skating a board that’s partially pristine just cuz I tried to keep it that way.
[close]

agree. front boards are in my top 5 favorite tricks. idc what my board looks like. BEAT IT coolguy ledge dudes.
[close]

[close]

I know right they're my favorite that's why I was asking. I do them nollie on ledge as well. No hate here.

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1772 on: August 03, 2022, 11:54:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I know right they're my favorite that's why I was asking. I do them nollie on ledge as well. No hate here.

reynolds did a fakie front board on a ledge in that one lotties video in a line that looked so fucking dope. if someone would have told me about that trick i wouldn't have expected that.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -61
« Reply #1773 on: August 03, 2022, 11:55:59 AM »
Didn't the whole forbidden 14 thing come about because they hated people covering the entire top of the ledges at Pulaski Park with shitloads of wax? (Love Park? I dunno, some East Coast spots)

I don't think it was ever about saving graphics.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #1774 on: August 03, 2022, 11:59:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

reynolds did a fakie front board on a ledge in that one lotties video in a line that looked so fucking dope. if someone would have told me about that trick i wouldn't have expected that.
https://youtu.be/vv5IeGhg6uo
Fuck forbidden 14.

tonitonne

« Reply #1775 on: August 03, 2022, 12:03:56 PM »
A nice front lip (to forward) on ledge feels amazing too.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #1776 on: August 03, 2022, 12:04:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Switch front boards on ledges, popped out middle🤌
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #1777 on: August 03, 2022, 12:07:14 PM »
Didn't the whole forbidden 14 thing come about because they hated people covering the entire top of the ledges at Pulaski Park with shitloads of wax? (Love Park? I dunno, some East Coast spots)

That's the first time fb14 makes sense to me. I skated a narrow, suuuper low manny pad yesterday, then some dude came and waxed the top in order to do nollie board/lip??slides (The easy kind).
Couldn't skate it after that. Still not over how stupid that was

tonitonne

« Reply #1778 on: August 03, 2022, 12:09:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's the first time fb14 makes sense to me. I skated a narrow, suuuper low manny pad yesterday, then some dude came and waxed the top in order to do nollie board/lip??slides (The easy kind).

Skatepark? dickhead
Street? fair game. better get some manual lipslide combos now lol

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #1779 on: August 03, 2022, 01:58:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah same. That totally makes sense now.

I can support that. Especially at some legendary spots where you got 100s of people skating the spot a week. Gotta have some word of mouth "ground-rules" like that to prevent spots from being ruined.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #1780 on: August 03, 2022, 02:52:18 PM »
I stay away from f14 because I have cracked too many decks on lipslides. But back board is one of the best feels.

IpathCats

« Reply #1781 on: August 03, 2022, 07:12:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I wouldn't film a front board on a ledge. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy a speedy front board tap on the end of a ledge while warming up.

Also, the whole forbidden 14 thing is weird because what are you like not allowed to put your board on a rail ever? That's dumb.

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1782 on: August 03, 2022, 08:12:29 PM »

It's nothing against board slides or anything, it's just not a trick a do a lot.

You should start!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1783 on: August 04, 2022, 01:06:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I wouldn't film a front board on a ledge. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy a speedy front board tap on the end of a ledge while warming up.

Also, the whole forbidden 14 thing is weird because what are you like not allowed to put your board on a rail ever? That's dumb.

yeah i love those

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1784 on: August 04, 2022, 01:20:36 AM »
Logo boards are cool.
Well just some specifically and it's definatly a bit nostalgia too but I always want to see an anti hero eagle, zero skull, bold, nosebleed a toy machine knuckles, monster, cat a baker blocks and probably other stuff I'm forgetting on a skateshop wall

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1785 on: August 04, 2022, 01:55:03 AM »
the average veggie burger is better than the average hamburger

fight me
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1786 on: August 04, 2022, 02:09:28 AM »

fight me
Fucking love it. Don't agree, love hamburgers but that's the attitude for unpopular opinion thread. Maybe due simply to the amount of hamburger options vs veggie burger could be technically correct

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1787 on: August 04, 2022, 02:52:33 AM »

fight me
that is an extraordinarily unpopular opinion u got there mate very impressive

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1788 on: August 04, 2022, 03:58:30 AM »
Expand Quote

fight me
[close]
Fucking love it. Don't agree, love hamburgers but that's the attitude for unpopular opinion thread. Maybe due simply to the amount of hamburger options vs veggie burger could be technically correct

i feel like it varies. some veggie burgers definitely taste better than beef to me, but some are absolutely disgusting.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #1789 on: August 04, 2022, 04:13:30 AM »

fight me

They're disgusting
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
« Reply #1790 on: August 04, 2022, 04:57:49 AM »
the average veggie portobello mushroom burger is better than the average hamburger

fight me
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

IpathCats

« Reply #1791 on: August 04, 2022, 05:35:36 AM »
Expand Quote

fight me
[close]

This is probably the case. I loved a good black bean burger. Not a fan of all that imitation meat though. even during my vegan/veg/plant based phases, i never enjoyed that shit.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1792 on: August 04, 2022, 05:57:39 AM »
I’m not talking beyond or impossible burgers btw, not a fan of those. talking straight up veggie. bean, shroom, etc

love a good hamburger, ceiling for hams is probs highest. but, too many out there. too many bad ones. too dry. too bland. treasonous. low floor for hams imo. I also think floor for veggies is highest. probs won’t be the best, but they’re solid for the most part. builds trust. reliability.

thus I maintain: average veggie > average hammie

am i high? no, not never… you should too
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

warmonke

« Reply #1793 on: August 04, 2022, 06:03:52 AM »
would take a smash patty over a thick burg any day of the week, definitely loads of shit burgers out there

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1794 on: August 04, 2022, 06:08:40 AM »
would take a smash patty over a thick burg any day of the week, definitely loads of shit burgers out there
I'd agree I don't know who first thought of it or why every restaurant who tries to get fancy does it but tall burgers are fucking stupid. Have they seriously never seen a human mouth before? How are you supposed to eat something with the dimensions of a coke can? Worst I had was from a local golf club that brags about it's best burgers. It was seriously a tennis ball of meat with tomato's just balancing on top, impossible to eat. Squashed it down and so much liquid grease/oil came out ruined the entire bun.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1795 on: August 04, 2022, 06:10:28 AM »
While I really like the look of the halfcab shoe, I don't feel like giving Steve Caballero my money.

Front Boards on ledges are fun and can look cool.

Pop shuvs out of kickers are rad.

That should fill all the boxes for this thread.
IG: @flowterspace

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #1796 on: August 04, 2022, 06:15:15 AM »
While I really like the look of the halfcab shoe, I don't feel like giving Steve Caballero my money.

Front Boards on ledges are fun and can look cool.

Pop shuvs out of kickers are rad.

That should fill all the boxes for this thread.

Why?

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1797 on: August 04, 2022, 06:17:59 AM »
slipped on the drip.

warmonke

« Reply #1798 on: August 04, 2022, 06:21:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'd agree I don't know who first thought of it or why every restaurant who tries to get fancy does it but tall burgers are fucking stupid. Have they seriously never seen a human mouth before? How are you supposed to eat something with the dimensions of a coke can? Worst I had was from a local golf club that brags about it's best burgers. It was seriously a tennis ball of meat with tomato's just balancing on top, impossible to eat. Squashed it down and so much liquid grease/oil came out ruined the entire bun.
yeah it's so dumb, really don't see the appeal of 'bigger is better', basically the culinary equivalent of double flips

also not a fan of tomato in burgers

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1799 on: August 04, 2022, 06:32:39 AM »

That’s weird. I never got the half cab hype. Just don’t see what’s so great about them. Not a fan of how they look at all.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"