Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 183765 times)

GrayCellGreen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #2130 on: September 21, 2022, 09:07:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Globe is tight.
[close]
im sorry what year is it?
[close]

Hopefully the year they start making sick shoes and put a great team together.
[close]

Austyn isn't moving the needle at Globe. He's taking a big pay cheque which can in return can fund Former, and he can live comfortably.

Putting a guy like Christian Malouf on doesn't do anything for the company other than Austyn getting his friend paid. I think he knows it too.
[close]

Maybe the globe rebrand is gonna be all indie earth tone wearing dudes. Would line up with their surf side of the brand kind of well. A bunch of slim fit, warm weather beanie, long sleeve shirts with three buttons at the top kinda guys.

Decided to take a gander at Globe's website for shits and giggles. I'm completely floored by the pricing on their shoes. Absolutely batshit. Only a psychopath is going to spend $125 bucks on a high top slip-on. Even a basic low top vulc is going for $95. I don't foresee this rebrand lasting too long

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #2131 on: September 21, 2022, 09:44:40 AM »
I can't really think of another legitimate skate brand which I see on closeout as frequently as Globe.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #2132 on: September 21, 2022, 10:16:55 AM »
I can't really think of another legitimate skate brand which I see on closeout as frequently as Globe.

I swear like half of Sole Tech's line up gets thrown in the sale section like a month after they debut.

IpathCats

« Reply #2133 on: September 21, 2022, 10:20:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I swear like half of Sole Tech's line up gets thrown in the sale section like a month after they debut.

Wish they would make fewer products and increased their quality to match the price.

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #2134 on: September 21, 2022, 10:47:46 AM »
I'm not a dog owner, and I haven't talked about this with any dog owners that skate, but I never really liked seeing someone being pulled on their board by a dog. I guess it's called skatejoring. Seems like it's fine for a larger dog, and I remember seeing Zered do it, but still.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #2135 on: September 21, 2022, 12:26:01 PM »
I'm not a dog owner, and I haven't talked about this with any dog owners that skate, but I never really liked seeing someone being pulled on their board by a dog. I guess it's called skatejoring. Seems like it's fine for a larger dog, and I remember seeing Zered do it, but still.

Totally fine and lots of fun IF you're using a harness AND know your dog and how he reacts to stuff. Not ok if you're using a collar or your dog is all over the place.
My dog is a small corgi and loves to pull me around. I wouldn't try it uphill, but after 1 push on flatground there isn't a lot of force needed for him to keep pulling me.

sacking rails

• Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
« Reply #2136 on: September 21, 2022, 12:28:02 PM »
a silent smelly fart is worse than a loud one that doesnt smell

IpathCats

« Reply #2137 on: September 21, 2022, 12:50:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Totally fine and lots of fun IF you're using a harness AND know your dog and how he reacts to stuff. Not ok if you're using a collar or your dog is all over the place.
My dog is a small corgi and loves to pull me around. I wouldn't try it uphill, but after 1 push on flatground there isn't a lot of force needed for him to keep pulling me.

My pitt/boxer mix loves it. though i dont do it much now that shes getting older, her hips are giving her trouble. she gets so excited when i grab my board and starts looking at her leash. it makes me so sad to turn her down. =[

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #2138 on: September 21, 2022, 09:14:40 PM »
Good to know, I’m glad they like it

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2139 on: September 21, 2022, 10:55:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Globe is tight.
[close]
im sorry what year is it?
[close]

Hopefully the year they start making sick shoes and put a great team together.
[close]

Austyn isn't moving the needle at Globe. He's taking a big pay cheque which can in return can fund Former, and he can live comfortably.

Putting a guy like Christian Malouf on doesn't do anything for the company other than Austyn getting his friend paid. I think he knows it too.
[close]

Maybe the globe rebrand is gonna be all indie earth tone wearing dudes. Would line up with their surf side of the brand kind of well. A bunch of slim fit, warm weather beanie, long sleeve shirts with three buttons at the top kinda guys.

[close]

Decided to take a gander at Globe's website for shits and giggles. I'm completely floored by the pricing on their shoes. Absolutely batshit. Only a psychopath is going to spend $125 bucks on a high top slip-on. Even a basic low top vulc is going for $95. I don't foresee this rebrand lasting too long

isn't the site in Australian dollars?

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #2140 on: September 21, 2022, 11:38:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My pitt/boxer mix loves it. though i dont do it much now that shes getting older, her hips are giving her trouble. she gets so excited when i grab my board and starts looking at her leash. it makes me so sad to turn her down. =[

My 90 pound mutt pulls me and loves it. I use a nice harness and dog shoes. He gets so stoked and I literally don't know how else to burn his energy. Walks do nothing and he only plays fetch for a bit. Dog park is good but going is a whole to do.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #2141 on: September 22, 2022, 01:22:25 AM »
Manual tricks are just a lame inaccurate version of a cooler grind trick you could do.

Here's the most unpopular 2022 opinion and valid on this page. I hate dogs. Every last one of them.

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #2142 on: September 22, 2022, 05:04:17 AM »
cats4lyfe

SOYLOY

• Rep: -5
« Reply #2143 on: September 22, 2022, 05:09:09 AM »
Manual tricks are just a lame inaccurate version of a cooler grind trick you could do.

Here's the most unpopular 2022 opinion and valid on this page. I hate dogs. Every last one of them.

Dog Owners are worse.  Between your bumper stickers and Facebook posts we all know your smooching that pink spider. 

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #2144 on: September 22, 2022, 06:22:20 AM »
My standards for a good dog are much much higher than a good cat. The meanest cat is up there with a loving beautiful labradoodle

Labradoodles are the best dogs. Breeding is fucked but they just are
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

IpathCats

« Reply #2145 on: September 22, 2022, 07:06:17 AM »

Probably not that unpopular here on SLAP. I get the vibe most people on here are cat lovers.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #2146 on: September 22, 2022, 09:12:13 AM »

There's this thing called The Iditarod that you would absolutely hate.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #2147 on: September 22, 2022, 09:18:29 AM »
People who hate dogs are either psychopaths or they have had bad experiences with them. Same goes for people who don't like animals in general.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2148 on: September 22, 2022, 09:27:19 AM »
I don't usually like dogs at the skatepark. It's not cute.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 12:54:49 PM by LebowskisRug »

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #2149 on: September 22, 2022, 09:31:27 AM »
dogs are more hazardous than cats generally i never go to someones house and get jumped on or bit by a cat they just do thier own thing

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2150 on: September 22, 2022, 10:15:15 AM »
dogs are more hazardous than cats generally i never go to someones house and get jumped on or bit by a cat they just do thier own thing

Have you ever met a cat? They scratch and bite you out of boredom. You need to put a dog in very stressful situation for anything like that to happen.
Had both, love both, but cats are kinda insane

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #2151 on: September 22, 2022, 10:23:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Have you ever met a cat? They scratch and bite you out of boredom. You need to put a dog in very stressful situation for anything like that to happen.

Cats are chill as hell and don't care enough to bit or claw you unless you're stressing them out. They don't give a fuck about anything except food and shelter really and therefore their love feels more earned as well.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -291
« Reply #2152 on: September 22, 2022, 10:33:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Cats are chill as hell and don't care enough to bit or claw you unless you're stressing them out. They don't give a fuck about anything except food and shelter really and therefore their love feels more earned as well.
Hard agree cats > dogs, but bad dog owners are really the worst people. Most of my friends have cats and even the one who has a somewhat mean cat won’t try to scratch me unless I overstep my boundaries by petting her for too long. I’ve had more than one bad interaction with dogs and none with cats.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #2153 on: September 22, 2022, 10:39:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Hard agree cats > dogs, but bad dog owners are really the worst people. Most of my friends have cats and even the one who has a somewhat mean cat won’t try to scratch me unless I overstep my boundaries by petting her for too long. I’ve had more than one bad interaction with dogs and none with cats.
Seems to be the new normal where I live. People have dogs way bigger than they can control and bring them into the supermarket, McDonald's etc. Never have to worry that some dickheads cat is gonna maul my nieces and nephews.

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #2154 on: September 22, 2022, 10:41:19 AM »
there arent unleashed cats running around the skate park biting and jumping on kids

someones dog will be bearing teeth trying to take you to the ground and meanwhile theyre just standing there not doing anything saying shit like "oh dont mind him hes just getting to know you hes just smelling you he doesnt bite"

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2155 on: September 22, 2022, 11:30:07 AM »
there arent unleashed cats running around the skate park biting and jumping on kids

Is that a thing in america or anywhere? Wtf. That's way too dangerous for people and the dogs. People where I live generally don't take their dog to the park, or attach it by leash as far away as possible while keeping an eye on it. I'd die if somebody slipped out and their board hit my dog. Wouldn't be their fault, but goddamn would that suck

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #2156 on: September 22, 2022, 12:08:22 PM »
I like dogs and cats but dogs seem like a lot of work. Don’t think I could handle the responsibility. Our cats are chill. They do need people to play with them tho, or they get stressed

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #2157 on: September 22, 2022, 12:21:14 PM »
Cats are definitely less work. Unless you got one of those ones that needs to go zoomy and you have to get them a bell when they go outside so they dont eat all the birds. Outdoor cats are trouble to own
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #2158 on: September 22, 2022, 01:41:05 PM »
Last time I was at a park, dude had two big ass dogs following him, running all around. One was way better at following and the other would get fixated on something and just be in some random spot, then realize and start running, almost running into people. The other dog almost ran into people too, the guy seemed oblivious, but I don’t see how anyone could be that oblivious. It was ridiculous.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #2159 on: September 22, 2022, 01:44:00 PM »
Dill is way more digestible when you realize he’s pretending to be a fusion of Quentin Tarintino, Gonz, and Dash Snow.