Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 183870 times)

SatanicPanic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #2160 on: September 22, 2022, 02:00:28 PM »
Cats are definitely less work. Unless you got one of those ones that needs to go zoomy and you have to get them a bell when they go outside so they dont eat all the birds. Outdoor cats are trouble to own
We have too many coyotes. Every time someone I know tries to have an outdoor cat it ends in tragedy

sacking rails

• Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
« Reply #2161 on: September 22, 2022, 02:01:54 PM »
youre an irresponsible pet owner if you let your animal out without a leash

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -62
« Reply #2162 on: September 22, 2022, 04:05:49 PM »
Lopez is too good for FA.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2163 on: September 22, 2022, 04:55:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
dogs are more hazardous than cats generally i never go to someones house and get jumped on or bit by a cat they just do thier own thing
[close]

Have you ever met a cat? They scratch and bite you out of boredom. You need to put a dog in very stressful situation for anything like that to happen.
Had both, love both, but cats are kinda insane
[close]

Cats are chill as hell and don't care enough to bit or claw you unless you're stressing them out. They don't give a fuck about anything except food and shelter really and therefore their love feels more earned as well.

I feel like it isn’t love as much as it’s just a strategic ploy to ingratiate themselves to that lumbering moron that feeds them and buys them gifts from time to time.  Like some sycophant courtesan sucking up to the king.

Do you think your cat would mourn your death?  Dogs for sure would but a cat would just step over your dead body hoping that someone else comes along to feed it soon.

Ever watch when a cat catches a mouse or a bird and they just play with it and torture it and mutilate it for its own enjoyment?  They’re total psychopaths.  Not hating on cats, I’ve had a few that were awesome, but I think one needs to call a spade a spade.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #2164 on: September 22, 2022, 05:04:03 PM »
Some dude brought his iguana to the park the other day. It was cool as hell, but it was just chilling on the ground it could have easily gotten taken out by a rogue board.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 279
« Reply #2165 on: September 22, 2022, 05:56:01 PM »
We need more pets at spots. And the weirder the better

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2166 on: September 22, 2022, 07:52:33 PM »
Don’t bring your skateboard to a dog park or your dog to a skatepark…..same goes for don’t bring your girlfriend to the skatepark….don’t bring your skateboard to…….the girlfriend park….

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -62
« Reply #2167 on: September 22, 2022, 08:30:32 PM »
Behind every dog that mauls a person is an owner who says "but he's the sweetest and bestest dog ever!"

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #2168 on: September 22, 2022, 08:51:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
dogs are more hazardous than cats generally i never go to someones house and get jumped on or bit by a cat they just do thier own thing
[close]

Have you ever met a cat? They scratch and bite you out of boredom. You need to put a dog in very stressful situation for anything like that to happen.
Had both, love both, but cats are kinda insane
[close]

Cats are chill as hell and don't care enough to bit or claw you unless you're stressing them out. They don't give a fuck about anything except food and shelter really and therefore their love feels more earned as well.
[close]

I feel like it isn’t love as much as it’s just a strategic ploy to ingratiate themselves to that lumbering moron that feeds them and buys them gifts from time to time.  Like some sycophant courtesan sucking up to the king.

Do you think your cat would mourn your death?  Dogs for sure would but a cat would just step over your dead body hoping that someone else comes along to feed it soon.

Ever watch when a cat catches a mouse or a bird and they just play with it and torture it and mutilate it for its own enjoyment?  They’re total psychopaths.  Not hating on cats, I’ve had a few that were awesome, but I think one needs to call a spade a spade.
That's what animals really are tho. You buy a cat because you want an animal. If you buy a dog because you want something to mourn your death then you're probably just really lonely. Humans, pigs, dolphins, chimpanzees, cats unfortunately there's a pattern of the more intelligent an animal is the more evil it is

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #2169 on: September 22, 2022, 11:21:02 PM »
Don’t bring your skateboard to a dog park or your dog to a skatepark…..same goes for don’t bring your girlfriend to the skatepark….don’t bring your skateboard to…….the girlfriend park….

NEVER bring your skateboard to the girlfriend park!
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #2170 on: September 23, 2022, 01:58:46 AM »
#magacommunism

Jackson Hinkle can't kickflip
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Mallie

• Rep: 31
« Reply #2171 on: September 23, 2022, 03:35:01 AM »
 As both a dog and a cat ow er - dogs are much more interactive, they're actually your companion, while a cat is just an unwilling roommate that kinda tolerates you cause you feed them and house them. Being pack-animals, dogs thrive on having a relationship with other members of their pack, i.e. their owner. Cats are thoroughly self-sufficient so people are exilarated when a cat decides that you can pet them for a couple of minutes.

On the other hand, that's why dogs are more dangerous and you have to work with them, which most people don't do, so it leads to shit happening. Also, being able to actually hurt you by their design, unlike cats.

Both really cool, tho, just in different ways.
Chi vive in baracca, chi suda il salario,
Chi ruba pensioni, chi ha scarsa memoria,
Chi ha crisi interiori, chi scava nei cuori,
Chi legge la mano, chi regna sovrano,
Chi suda, chi lotta, chi mangia una volta,
Chi gli manca la casa, chi vive da solo,
Chi trova scontato, chi come ha trovato...

R3dBullRox420

« Reply #2172 on: September 23, 2022, 03:40:30 PM »
As both a dog and a cat ow er - dogs are much more interactive, they're actually your companion, while a cat is just an unwilling roommate that kinda tolerates you cause you feed them and house them. Being pack-animals, dogs thrive on having a relationship with other members of their pack, i.e. their owner. Cats are thoroughly self-sufficient so people are exilarated when a cat decides that you can pet them for a couple of minutes.

On the other hand, that's why dogs are more dangerous and you have to work with them, which most people don't do, so it leads to shit happening. Also, being able to actually hurt you by their design, unlike cats.

Both really cool, tho, just in different ways.

Thank you. They're both tight/annoying in different circumstances. 
Thought this was the unpopular opinions thread? Seeing a whole lotta boo-hoo-I'm-traumatized-by-getting-nipped-at-by-a-doggy-omg-i'm-so-quirky-i-like-cats mfs up in here tho

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #2173 on: September 23, 2022, 04:00:41 PM »
Damn what did my drunk ass start the other night... Proud of you guys though. I think I probably agree that I hate overzealous and irresponsible dog owners more than dogs themselves. A well trained, leashed dog I can tolerate, but there are so many shithounds running around off leash and I'm tired of the normalization of dogs everywhere. People around here act like every public park is their dog park when we have leash by-laws and most parks have no dogs allowed signs. The amount of dogshit everywhere during covid lockdowns was enraging also.110 pound women walking unmuzzled pits is another favourite... Oh but they've never bit anyone before... Yeah I'm not trying to roll the dice with my children's safety for your trendy 'rescued' hellhound. I'm happy without any pets currently. Two kids is enough to take care of.

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #2174 on: September 23, 2022, 04:59:19 PM »
Dill is way more digestible when you realize he’s pretending to be a fusion of Quentin Tarintino, Gonz, and Dash Snow.

this is one solid observation

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #2175 on: September 23, 2022, 06:25:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Dill is way more digestible when you realize he’s pretending to be a fusion of Quentin Tarintino, Gonz, and Dash Snow.
[close]

this is one solid observation

Don’t forget he’s trying to be Wallace with the khakis loafers and knitwear

Then there’s this blatant rip-off of a clip
https://youtu.be/jNo3eMvFBmY
Truly Embarrassing!

nothing's been the since same

nevrwasben

« Reply #2176 on: September 23, 2022, 10:26:27 PM »
I fully realize the kooks that are going to passed my way because of this, but fuck it.
I’m not a fan of Louie Lopez and feel that while his skating is impressive and I enjoy watching some of it, he is greatly overhyped in my unpopular opinion.
He’s very impressive and extremely talented, but something about his skating misses the mark with me.
Maybe it’s his childlike body? I don’t know, I don’t want to be mean or tear him down, but jus sayin.
Ok, drunk rant over G’night y’all.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #2177 on: September 24, 2022, 02:06:19 AM »
i won't blame you, it's a matter of subjectivity but how can you fit "greatly overhyped", "very impressive" and "extremely talented" in the same rant ?

nevrwasben

« Reply #2178 on: September 24, 2022, 08:49:17 AM »
i won't blame you, it's a matter of subjectivity but how can you fit "greatly overhyped", "very impressive" and "extremely talented" in the same rant ?
Hahaha, drunk while SLAPping!
Uuuuhhhh, barely remember typing that, but having said what I said, he just doesn’t hit the mark for me.
I feel like I should like him more than I do, but I don’t…

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2179 on: September 24, 2022, 01:14:22 PM »
Boardslides are terrifying. Id rather back tail something at speed than back boardslide most park rails.

sacking rails

• Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
« Reply #2180 on: September 24, 2022, 01:40:11 PM »
Boardslides are terrifying. Id rather back tail something at speed than back boardslide most park rails.
quit lying lol

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2181 on: September 24, 2022, 02:26:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
quit lying lol

At speed for someone my age is different than Nik Stain. But if the tailslide catches it's easier to jump out of the way and I might fall onto my ass but that has rarely happened. If I slip out by leaning too much my board shoots out but I rarely actually fall when that happens.

Now back board I'll shoot out half the time if it's waxed and hit my ass/back on the rail. I've also caught and nearly taken out my teeth falling onto the rail.

newguy

« Reply #2182 on: September 24, 2022, 04:23:29 PM »
Some dude brought his iguana to the park the other day. It was cool as hell, but it was just chilling on the ground it could have easily gotten taken out by a rogue board.

Iguanas are awesome! You can form very close bonds with them if you earn their trust :)

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #2183 on: September 24, 2022, 08:12:53 PM »
cats were ruined by the internet treating them as “epic awesomesauce”. the slap shoes with the cat print insoles were embarrassing.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #2184 on: September 24, 2022, 09:48:42 PM »
cats were ruined by the internet treating them as “epic awesomesauce”. the slap shoes with the cat print insoles were embarrassing.

The internet did this to literally everything.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #2185 on: September 24, 2022, 10:58:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
quit lying lol
[close]

At speed for someone my age is different than Nik Stain. But if the tailslide catches it's easier to jump out of the way and I might fall onto my ass but that has rarely happened. If I slip out by leaning too much my board shoots out but I rarely actually fall when that happens.

Now back board I'll shoot out half the time if it's waxed and hit my ass/back on the rail. I've also caught and nearly taken out my teeth falling onto the rail.
Got a bunch of herniated disc in my back and would also say backside boardslide is one of the last tricks I want to try (backside blunt being the last) altho I've always had a weird thing about backside board, feeble and crooked. I'd rather do any of them frontside, halfcab in or do hurricane, 180 nosegrind. Can't see a situation where I'd personally try a backtail over back board but different people do different things so I'll believe it.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #2186 on: September 25, 2022, 08:44:56 AM »
i’ve never felt accomplished for having back boards locked up until this thread. thanx dudez

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
« Reply #2187 on: September 25, 2022, 09:30:27 AM »
I also can do the elusive back boardslide  8).

Most Sour graphics are lame.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 596
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #2188 on: September 25, 2022, 11:27:39 AM »
i’ve never felt accomplished for having back boards locked up until this thread. thanx dudez

This. And I really like longer back boarslides and turning them to fakie in the last second.
IG: @flowterspace

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
« Reply #2189 on: September 25, 2022, 11:51:41 AM »
IG videos and YouTube contest recap edits make Dime Glory Challenge and Copenhagen look cringeworthy and infested with dorks.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion