Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 186280 times)

HeavyAndExpensive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 114
Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #2700 on: October 25, 2022, 08:14:55 AM »
The older dudes at the skatepark that are all padded and go fast around the park but that’s all they do really. They don’t even try to do tricks just ride around the park. Usually on an Andy Anderson board.

Edit: Maybe they need to try a trick instead of just pumping the whole park.

I bet those smug assholes are having fun too

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #2701 on: October 25, 2022, 08:20:48 AM »
The older dudes at the skatepark that are all padded and go fast around the park but that’s all they do really. They don’t even try to do tricks just ride around the park. Usually on an Andy Anderson board.

Hey man some of us never learned to pump and are trying to catch up. Also I only wear knee pads and a helmet. So there.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1188
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2702 on: October 25, 2022, 08:38:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It baffles me that there are people with the nerve to ride a skateboard around inside a skatepark.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #2703 on: October 25, 2022, 08:45:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

More then all the kids hiding in the corner trying not got run over from me while playing a game of skate - with shitty no pop flip tricks.
Need to add - no pads / no Powell board.

IpathCats

« Reply #2704 on: October 25, 2022, 08:49:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It baffles me that there are people with the nerve to ride a skateboard around inside a skatepark.

especially when they're not doing it how i want them to do it. just plain rude

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #2705 on: October 25, 2022, 08:57:21 AM »
Are people under the impression that they're gonna be like 55 years old and still kickflipping the Euro gap?
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #2706 on: October 25, 2022, 09:04:58 AM »
Are people under the impression that they're gonna be like 55 years old and still kickflipping the Euro gap?

That’s a reasonable expectation imo. Average euro is only like a foot, but more likely this current gen of 50 year olds mostly could never kick flip in the first place

Still, the 300$ setup for the occasional fs grind is over doing to much for me, but whatever keeps you motivated to roll is all that matters.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2707 on: October 25, 2022, 09:14:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Still, the 300$ setup for the occasional fs grind is over doing to much for me, but whatever keeps you motivated to roll is all that matters.

Wait until you find out what a nice bicycle or set of golf clubs cost.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2210
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #2708 on: October 25, 2022, 09:46:17 AM »

THAT’s just Lhotse, breaking in his new Caliber trucks: cut the guy some slack, pumping is all he’s got!
Well… that, AND the Pit of Death, (or whatever he calls the local bowl.)

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2709 on: October 25, 2022, 10:19:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
THAT’s just Lhotse, breaking in his new Caliber trucks: cut the guy some slack, pumping is all he’s got!
Well… that, AND the Pit of Death, (or whatever he calls the local bowl.)

The deep end is 8'!

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #2710 on: October 25, 2022, 11:20:11 AM »

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2711 on: October 25, 2022, 11:26:12 AM »
You guys have never fallen victim to those old heads
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #2712 on: October 25, 2022, 02:54:55 PM »
I'm that old guy pumping around the park except I actually try tricks too eventually.

I'd kill for more of my ilk. There's this 20-something-year-old kook who only comes to the park to drink and only talks to me when he's drunk. He's so loud and obnoxious. He finally started bringing a skateboard lately but never skates, or just asks people to play games of skate that they never finish because he runs out of tricks after the shove variations. Fuck you Louis.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #2713 on: October 25, 2022, 05:27:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Rough cuts are boring and I have no fucking clue how people sit and watch them
[close]

“Oh wow this freakishly talented professional skateboarder filmed himself doing the coolest things he is able to do on a skateboard over the course of a year. If only there was a Temple BFa grad around to slap a too-loud Modest Mouse song on it, I really would have enjoyed watching that”

stay bitter you little wuss. temple has the most pros per capita and is in the best city in the world

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #2714 on: October 25, 2022, 05:39:52 PM »
  fuck yea
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #2715 on: October 25, 2022, 05:42:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  fuck yea

I hope to maintain at least a flat ground kf into my 70s

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3337
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #2716 on: October 25, 2022, 05:46:59 PM »
BONITE never loved you.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -434
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2717 on: October 25, 2022, 06:34:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Rough cuts are boring and I have no fucking clue how people sit and watch them
[close]

“Oh wow this freakishly talented professional skateboarder filmed himself doing the coolest things he is able to do on a skateboard over the course of a year. If only there was a Temple BFa grad around to slap a too-loud Modest Mouse song on it, I really would have enjoyed watching that”
[close]

stay bitter you little wuss. temple has the most pros per capita and is in the best city in the world

I went to temple yambag go donate to the alumni fund and lighten up

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2718 on: October 25, 2022, 06:43:35 PM »

It’ll prolly be a v-heel or a front shuv….

sk8n hugon

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2719 on: October 25, 2022, 10:23:22 PM »
45. Still have some mediocre tricks. Still have small amounts of pop. However, it is often more enjoyable to carve around at high speed than it is to send unnatural amounts of force from my feet up through my spine when doing “tricks”. That older rider you see carving around may have more tricks than you think and is just riding in the way that is most enjoyable to them.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2720 on: October 26, 2022, 06:33:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  fuck yea

I mean I hope so, too, but if I am being honest, I think I’ll be pretty happy with myself if I can rip around the park when I’m half a century old.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2721 on: October 26, 2022, 07:44:03 AM »
When I’m eighty I hope I go by the skate park and there are 55year olds doing Benihana fly outs

IpathCats

« Reply #2722 on: October 26, 2022, 09:45:22 AM »
When I’m eighty I hope I go by the skate park and there are 55year olds doing Benihana fly outs

in the future all the tryhard old guys will be doing the trendy IG tricks that were popular in their time. yo flips, body varials, and completely illegal no comply variations. I guess that last one will never change.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2723 on: October 26, 2022, 09:47:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

in the future all the tryhard old guys will be doing the trendy IG tricks that were popular in their time. yo flips, body varials, and completely illegal no comply variations. I guess that last one will never change.
In pink camo with their remaining hair in spikes

IpathCats

« Reply #2724 on: October 26, 2022, 09:48:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
In pink camo with their remaining hair in spikes

DUUUUDE cul-de-sac liberty spikes! fuck, im not ready for a vibe that heavy.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2725 on: October 26, 2022, 09:50:54 AM »
I don't think a skater that doesn't skate any sort of transition or have lines in their parts can ever be called a GOAT and thus Tyshawn isn't in that convo. I love his skating, it's incredible, but he can't skate a bowl like Ishod and I can't imagine him being Reynolds and doing chiller lines at 40+. People gotta stop throwing out that term to any skater that is really good.

IpathCats

« Reply #2726 on: October 26, 2022, 10:55:08 AM »
I don't think a skater that doesn't skate any sort of transition or have lines in their parts can ever be called a GOAT and thus Tyshawn isn't in that convo. I love his skating, it's incredible, but he can't skate a bowl like Ishod and I can't imagine him being Reynolds and doing chiller lines at 40+. People gotta stop throwing out that term to any skater that is really good.

I fucking hate the term "GOAT" im sure ive used it on here for convenience, but I cringe when i hear people actually say it. or even worse "GOATED" ugh.

I'm getting old and out of touch, these youngsters and their slang wear on me. *shakes fist at sky*

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #2727 on: October 26, 2022, 11:26:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I fucking hate the term "GOAT" im sure ive used it on here for convenience, but I cringe when i hear people actually say it. or even worse "GOATED" ugh.

I'm getting old and out of touch, these youngsters and their slang wear on me. *shakes fist at sky*

L twizz giving goofy asf no cap this goated drip💯

IpathCats

« Reply #2728 on: October 26, 2022, 11:39:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

L twizz giving goofy asf no cap this goated drip💯

twizz?
giving?

Fuck, im lost man. Somebody send me to the retirement home.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2729 on: October 26, 2022, 11:46:23 AM »
I wish there was an app like Shazam but it translated new slang and gave me a list of links to Urban Dictionary.