Author Topic: Bad new movies  (Read 6551 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
Re: Bad new movies
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2022, 05:19:11 AM »
Liam neesons the ice road.
One of those It's so fucking bad it becomes good. Or not good but weirdly watchable. I watched old last night and that felt actually broken. like dumb dialogue with bad acting. This is the same but it's completely cheesy so it kinda works. Every time a new fast and furious comes out I try watch it but usually just give up. This is so much better. I wish they tried justa little bit harder to put some intentional laughs in rather than laughing at how dumb the dialogue is. "The ice is going to keep cracking for another 2 or 3 thousand metres" " oh god that's more than a mile!"
 Since whenever "the meg" came out I've been more aware or movies being written in a way that sounds asbergersy but it's because it's for a foreign market. This is a mix of that but also for English speaking dumdumz. Every line is just explaining as plainly as possible what's happening in the movie.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2022, 06:03:54 AM »
Out of death. (Maybe worst movie title ever, sounds like a parody of a 90s action movie)
At this point there's no real reason to even watch a Bruce Willis movie other than to laugh at how bad it is. Weirdly this one is by far the best of the last ten or more. Bruce Willis is probably the worst part of the movie but it's the best he has been for a couple of years. Looks like he is mostly actually on site altho the whole movie looks like it's either shot on a golf course or in someone's backyard. Probably shot in a weekend. Some real bad acting on his part and some bizarre sounding ADR. If Willis wasn't in it I'd say it's a relatively decent amateur movie.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2022, 06:33:53 AM »
Out of death. (Maybe worst movie title ever, sounds like a parody of a 90s action movie)
At this point there's no real reason to even watch a Bruce Willis movie other than to laugh at how bad it is. Weirdly this one is by far the best of the last ten or more. Bruce Willis is probably the worst part of the movie but it's the best he has been for a couple of years. Looks like he is mostly actually on site altho the whole movie looks like it's either shot on a golf course or in someone's backyard. Probably shot in a weekend. Some real bad acting on his part and some bizarre sounding ADR. If Willis wasn't in it I'd say it's a relatively decent amateur movie.

Those new Bruce Willis movies are wild. Word is he has some sort of cognitive decline (dementia?). He's staunchly anti-union and won't work with any of the major guilds. Evidently, he made like ten of these trainwrecks? I've only seen the first 20 mins of Apex before calling it quits.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2022, 07:03:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Those new Bruce Willis movies are wild. Word is he has some sort of cognitive decline (dementia?). He's staunchly anti-union and won't work with any of the major guilds. Evidently, he made like ten of these trainwrecks? I've only seen the first 20 mins of Apex before calling it quits.
I can't even remember if I watched all of apex. Most of them I just give up on. That sort of grungy sci fi look is maybe my least favourite movie asthetic of the last five years. Out of death is just like maybe a cast of ten people max and four of them just run back and forth in front of some trees and then in a house. Without the actors would probably cost maybe 5-10 grand. Genuinely seems like a student film.

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2022, 04:30:54 PM »
So many bad new movies, I feel I should bring the thread's vibe up a bit.
Morbius. The Best movie ever made, and it hasn't even been released yet.
Featuring Jared Leto. The Man himself.
Morbius will win every Oscar. The poets will tell of Morbius in all the years to come.
Morbius will be the first movie in history t
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2022, 05:17:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This got confirmed yesterday, or at least I read it yesterday. Anyway, he has just quit acting for good due to worsening conditions.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2022, 05:24:39 AM »
The newest Mortal Kombat was pretty lame. Tried too hard to be funny but there were fatalities from Deadly Alliance which shocked me.

Halloween Kills was absolute dogshit but I’m looking forward to the 3rd one just so I can see how they tie it up.

I just want a 3rd Sicario and 28 Months Later already.

Careful what you wish for....

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2022, 05:41:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This got confirmed yesterday, or at least I read it yesterday. Anyway, he has just quit acting for good due to worsening conditions.
While that is a bummer it doesn't make any of those 35+ awful "movies" any better. Altho I wonder if people will start thinking positively about them. That would kinda suck it wouldnt be good for his legacy and he prob wouldn't make any more money just the sketchy companies that own the movies would.

Also unrelated to Bruce Willis saw about ten mins of "me you madness" and it looked like total dogshit

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2022, 01:11:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
While that is a bummer it doesn't make any of those 35+ awful "movies" any better. Altho I wonder if people will start thinking positively about them. That would kinda suck it wouldnt be good for his legacy and he prob wouldn't make any more money just the sketchy companies that own the movies would.

Also unrelated to Bruce Willis saw about ten mins of "me you madness" and it looked like total dogshit

Me you madness is a vanity project for Louise Linton bankrolled by her husband, Steve mnuchin. They blew the entire budget on clearing all the tracks that they play throughout the movie. Also feat. that chuck bass loser from gossip girl or whatever who recently got metoo'd. Just a lovely group of people all around

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2022, 04:26:07 PM »
Expand Quote
The newest Mortal Kombat was pretty lame. Tried too hard to be funny but there were fatalities from Deadly Alliance which shocked me.

Halloween Kills was absolute dogshit but I’m looking forward to the 3rd one just so I can see how they tie it up.

[close]

It is rather reckless of me to ask for a continuation of a couple of my favorite franchises huh? All these years I waited for Blade Runner 2049 (which I thought was amazing btw) and then they announced an animated series which I was hyped on but I couldn’t even get through the teaser trailer. Too much of a good thing I suppose.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2022, 03:52:11 AM »
Run hide fight
Who the fuck thought this was in any way a good idea. End to end brain breaking why you'd make this. Main actress kinda bad. Or been given direction that doesn't work. Bad writing with some bad acting, altho some pretty decent. Actual filmmaking is good weirdly. Seems it was made fairly cheap so there's that.
Edit: I actually bailed half way thru but came back because I hate myself. It only gets worse and dumber. Very dumb ending and then credits song jeeeeeeeeezus
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 04:14:39 AM by Mean salto »

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2022, 09:30:09 AM »
Run hide fight
Who the fuck thought this was in any way a good idea. End to end brain breaking why you'd make this. Main actress kinda bad. Or been given direction that doesn't work. Bad writing with some bad acting, altho some pretty decent. Actual filmmaking is good weirdly. Seems it was made fairly cheap so there's that.
Edit: I actually bailed half way thru but came back because I hate myself. It only gets worse and dumber. Very dumb ending and then credits song jeeeeeeeeezus

Shit was made by ben Shapiro and all those dork losers at the daily wire. No one should be surprised this film sucks

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2022, 10:03:19 AM »
new batman. film aesthetic was cool, but goddamn 3 hour flick drove me insane. sometimes I leave a movie not liking it so much, then the next day it kinda clicks and I realize that I did enjoy it because it made me feel something. this did not happen with batman

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2022, 10:16:23 AM »
new batman. film aesthetic was cool, but goddamn 3 hour flick drove me insane. sometimes I leave a movie not liking it so much, then the next day it kinda clicks and I realize that I did enjoy it because it made me feel something. this did not happen with batman

Exactly how i felt. The art direction and all that is  great, but holy shit the story felt like a whole lot of nothing. Could’ve cut an hour…

After rewatching Nolan’s Batman after, i am little spoiled. The writing in all of them is cohesive.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2022, 10:38:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Run hide fight
[close]

Shit was made by ben Shapiro and all those dork losers at the daily wire. No one should be surprised this film sucks
I generally want to know nothing about films before I see them (or in the case of shit movies like this don't even know they exist before seeing them) but knowing that now it's kind of weird that it wasn't super conservative right wing gun nut etc. It was just a bad idea for a movie and kinda badly written and acted by a few (extra unfortunately the main character). It's actually annoying because there's kind of a good movie in there. If it was changed from a school shooting with teens to a bank robbery with adults or something it could of even possibly worked. But I guess that would just be die hard.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2022, 01:42:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Run hide fight
[close]

[close]
I generally want to know nothing about films before I see them (or in the case of shit movies like this don't even know they exist before seeing them) but knowing that now it's kind of weird that it wasn't super conservative right wing gun nut etc. It was just a bad idea for a movie and kinda badly written and acted by a few (extra unfortunately the main character). It's actually annoying because there's kind of a good movie in there. If it was changed from a school shooting with teens to a bank robbery with adults or something it could of even possibly worked. But I guess that would just be die hard.

I mean it is pretty pro gun in the dumbest way, which is like "if only this stone cold operator child was allowed to pack heat in school, she could smoke any school shooter" which is a completely ludicrous solution. The hero of the film is a dead eyed freak kid who loves to kill other teens and animals.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2022, 11:34:56 PM »
Watched just under thirty mins of "the bubble". Realised I hadn't even come close to laughing once. Now I can't think of the last comedy movie I saw that was actually consistently funny

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2022, 02:38:50 AM »
Watched just under thirty mins of "the bubble". Realised I hadn't even come close to laughing once. Now I can't think of the last comedy movie I saw that was actually consistently funny

I watched it because of your comment.

Yeah, what was that? I get that it was all in tongue in cheek, but yikes ... that was absolutely terrible.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2022, 08:21:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It is rather reckless of me to ask for a continuation of a couple of my favorite franchises huh? All these years I waited for Blade Runner 2049 (which I thought was amazing btw) and then they announced an animated series which I was hyped on but I couldn’t even get through the teaser trailer. Too much of a good thing I suppose.

You....liked...... Bladerunner 2049...?

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2022, 08:35:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

You....liked...... Bladerunner 2049...?

Saw it in theaters 3 times in a week and a half. It grew on me. Atmosphere is outta this world great. Loved Dune too. Denis Villeneuve is great at creating a trippy ambience

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2022, 09:10:21 AM »
Recently watched Mr. Right. It was terribly cheesy, quirky in all the wrong ways, and utterly tone deft. The director must have debilitating lead poisoning or have been completely out to lunch. Just when you think it couldn't jump the shark any higher, it takes off into a transoceanic flight. The knife-throwing scene, in particular, was egregious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytO-JPeCzD4

Scat porn has more intrinsic value than this shitshow.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

pro club blanks

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2022, 09:17:43 AM »
Same, it felt like it was gonna be 2 hours of covid quarantine jokes, just straight up tone deaf and boring to add insult to being unfunny.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2022, 09:40:35 AM »
Recently watched Mr. Right. It was terribly cheesy, quirky in all the wrong ways, and utterly tone deft. The director must have debilitating lead poisoning or have been completely out to lunch. Just when you think it couldn't jump the shark any higher, it takes off into a transoceanic flight. The knife-throwing scene, in particular, was egregious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytO-JPeCzD4

Scat porn has more intrinsic value than this shitshow.

I really liked it when i saw it originally, but i was probably really drunk and liked it cause i saw it with a girl i had a crush on haha

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2022, 08:11:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Same, it felt like it was gonna be 2 hours of covid quarantine jokes, just straight up tone deaf and boring to add insult to being unfunny.
I couldn’t even make it through the trailer for this.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2022, 08:12:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I watched it because of your comment.

Yeah, what was that? I get that it was all in tongue in cheek, but yikes ... that was absolutely terrible.
Watched maybe ten more mins. Still garbage I've had enough. Had to look up why one actor was so bad like were they really a til tok person. No it's the directors daughter. And I guess we needed a five minute montage of the directors wife roller skating too.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2022, 02:19:25 AM »
I gave up movies ages ago.. until I though "well, how bad could new Bladerunner be?"... I'll never watch a movie again.

I really liked it. Long, the plot moved in an old-school slower way, but I thought it was good.

In contrast, I gave the Star Wars sequels a fair shake.

Thought the first one was ok, until I got to the Cantina rip-off scene, followed promptly by the ‘Dagobah tree scene’ and the basically the ‘whole last half of Episode 4’, and I was like ‘don’t they have the budget to hire people to write an original story’?

I went to episode 8 against my better judgement, and walked out feeling like Disney emotionally manipulated me to steal my money. I want that money back.

I didn’t bother with episode 9, which by all accounts I heard was the right choice.

I haven’t been to the theaters much since, but really wanted to see DUNE.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2022, 05:41:03 AM »
I'm speechless...

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2022, 05:42:17 AM »
bladerunner 2049 was sick ikobrakai is probably a fuckin rutger hauer type replicant

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2022, 06:34:28 AM »
I'm speechless...

It was beautifully shot, the story was interesting in similar ways to the original, raised questions about technology and its applications, and didn’t seem to fall back on cliches or cheap tropes, I thought it was all in all pretty good.

It didn’t move fast, compared to modern movies it could be a bit boring, if that’s what you want in a sci fi film noir.

But the first Blade Runner wasn’t a big hit with most people either.

What didn’t you like about it?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2022, 06:48:31 AM »
Well, the OG is subtle, classy, raw and groundbreaking. 2049 is too in your face, lacks eligance and has the shittiest second half ever, unlike OG that ramps up and gets even better...

I fucking hate myself for saying this but OG is Gino, 2049 is Jagger Redbull, or whatever the fuck his name is.