Author Topic: Bad new movies  (Read 6549 times)

Yonnycage

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Bad new movies
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2022, 08:15:33 AM »
Well, the OG is subtle, classy, raw and groundbreaking. 2049 is too in your face, lacks eligance and has the shittiest second half ever, unlike OG that ramps up and gets even better...

I fucking hate myself for saying this but OG is Gino, 2049 is Jagger Redbull, or whatever the fuck his name is.

In your face how? I thought it was very subtle, many scenes where it lets you figure out for yourself what’s going on instead of spoonfeeding you. The only thing I didn’t like about it is Jared Leto, especially after finding out David Bowie was supposed to play Wallace.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2022, 09:34:35 AM »
Expand Quote
I gave up movies ages ago.. until I though "well, how bad could new Bladerunner be?"... I'll never watch a movie again.
[close]

I really liked it. Long, the plot moved in an old-school slower way, but I thought it was good.

In contrast, I gave the Star Wars sequels a fair shake.

Thought the first one was ok, until I got to the Cantina rip-off scene, followed promptly by the ‘Dagobah tree scene’ and the basically the ‘whole last half of Episode 4’, and I was like ‘don’t they have the budget to hire people to write an original story’?

I went to episode 8 against my better judgement, and walked out feeling like Disney emotionally manipulated me to steal my money. I want that money back.

I didn’t bother with episode 9, which by all accounts I heard was the right choice.

I haven’t been to the theaters much since, but really wanted to see DUNE.

DUNE was excellent. Highly recommend.

I didn't see any of the new star wars. Probably never will.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 01:35:56 PM by DaleSr »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2022, 10:49:43 PM »
Fuck, I don't feel like turning this  topic into a sperg essay. But just like you see the Neo Star Wars is how I see Bladerunner 2049.
Speaking of Star Wars, those idiots at Disney should turn Jedi Fallen Order cannon. That shit was so damn good!

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2022, 11:21:54 PM »
They should do a star wars but without any Jedi shit. It was a galaxy wide war that went for who knows how long. Plenty of regular people would of been fighting/ surviving. There's gotta be a few interesting stories there. Especially since the whole thing is just copy some other war movie but do it in space

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2022, 11:42:24 PM »
Well, the OG is subtle, classy, raw and groundbreaking. 2049 is too in your face, lacks eligance and has the shittiest second half ever, unlike OG that ramps up and gets even better...

I fucking hate myself for saying this but OG is Gino, 2049 is Jagger Redbull, or whatever the fuck his name is.

2049 is in your face ?

Are you ok lil buddy ?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2022, 11:54:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

2049 is in your face ?

Are you ok lil buddy ?

Who the fuck are you and what are you doing on my forum?

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2022, 12:44:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

2049 is in your face ?

Are you ok lil buddy ?
[close]

идиот

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2022, 12:52:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

2049 is in your face ?

Are you ok lil buddy ?
[close]

[close]

идиот

Are you ok lil buddy ?

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2022, 01:32:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

2049 is in your face ?

Are you ok lil buddy ?
[close]

[close]

идиот
[close]

Are you ok lil buddy ?

Is this body building. com?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2022, 04:42:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

2049 is in your face ?

Are you ok lil buddy ?
[close]

[close]

идиот
[close]

Are you ok lil buddy ?
[close]

Is this body building. com?

You seem super involved into my life. Want me to be your father?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2022, 05:35:00 AM »
Don't breathe 2
Movie itself isn't bad. It's as good as it could be BUT if you watch in standard def with any lights on in your house/at daytime you won't be able to see shit. Even with no light it's still pretty hard to make out what's happening for a lot of it.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2022, 06:10:48 AM »
Gunpowder milkshake
Not terrible but not good. Can't tell if it cost 100 million or 5 million. Not sure what youd call this new genre like John wick, hotel artimis, polar but also I think trying to be a bit funny like umbrella academy. Can't completely knock it it technically works and I made it thru to the end. Don't think the actors really had to try hard because it's mostly hammy. Definatly overly long tho. Not sure if it's based on a comic or something but there's definatly way you could of changed some scenes and cut 30+ mins out.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2022, 12:39:47 PM »
Gunpowder milkshake
Not terrible but not good. Can't tell if it cost 100 million or 5 million. Not sure what youd call this new genre like John wick, hotel artimis, polar but also I think trying to be a bit funny like umbrella academy. Can't completely knock it it technically works and I made it thru to the end. Don't think the actors really had to try hard because it's mostly hammy. Definatly overly long tho. Not sure if it's based on a comic or something but there's definatly way you could of changed some scenes and cut 30+ mins out.

We really need to return to the tight 90 action flick

pro club blanks

« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2022, 08:01:08 PM »
That new batman is terrible

Pattison is still super unlikable, corny predictable plot. Drab uninteresting settings, generic 2 dimensional mob movie stereotype characters

I can see someone coming at me on some argumentative contrarian vibe talking about oh the noir feel but im not trying to hear it bro
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 05:31:31 AM by pro club blanks »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2022, 05:23:27 AM »
Endangered species.
Knew this was gonna be trash but just wanted to see what level. All characters are proper dumb/kinda pointless. Terrible CG. Story doesn't make much sense but that's expected for this sort of thing. Jerry O Connell must of been on set for about 24 hours. Filmed on location tho so that's something.

Couldn't help but do a bit of "research" seems like a lot of one (I'm guessing wealthy) family involved. Also did another terrible movie set in Africa called rogue with mega fox. A lot of overlap altho that ones actually a bit dumber.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 06:50:36 AM by Mean salto »

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2022, 04:45:56 PM »
Was gonna watch dune last night but went with Old (the new M. Night Shyamalan movie) instead for whatever reason. Big mistake, it was terrible

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2022, 12:17:24 AM »
I can gladly inform you that I still have not watched anything new.

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2022, 02:00:54 PM »
im hate watching the last witch hunter right now.  shitposting on here for some respite. 
it has vin diesel and the i ner nuffin jon snur woman in it

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2022, 04:38:06 AM »
The suicide squad (the newer one)
Feel bad saying it's bad but it was very disappointing. Maybe my fault because I actually had been waiting to see it for a while so maybe my expectations were too high but overall I found it pretty boring and overly long.
I think I'm also over the super graphic violence out of place gimmick. Like maybe if you just did it once or twice it would have more impact but it's just unneeded at this point.
SPOILERS also they already did the whole bait and switch thing in Deadpool 2 where they introduce a cast of characters and just immediately kill them off. If anything I wanted to see the movie with the dead characters more than the ones they kept. Overall I just expected a tighter and punchier movie and it all felt pretty stock/bland.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2022, 04:57:15 AM »
Feel bad saying it's bad but it was very disappointing. Maybe my fault because I actually had been waiting to see it for a while so maybe my expectations were too high but overall I found it pretty boring and overly long.
I think I'm also over the super graphic violence out of place gimmick. Like maybe if you just did it once or twice it would have more impact but it's just unneeded at this point.
SPOILERS also they already did the whole bait and switch thing in Deadpool 2 where they introduce a cast of characters and just immediately kill them off. If anything I wanted to see the movie with the dead characters more than the ones they kept. Overall I just expected a tighter and punchier movie and it all felt pretty stock/bland.

How? Thought it was the laughing stock of that year?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2022, 05:10:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How? Thought it was the laughing stock of that year?
I fully accept it's just mostly my opinion not matching the masses. It just didn't get me laughing. I felt like it was just really flat. As I said I feel like they killed the characters that would of been interesting pretty early and left me with three straightmen. King sharks not my sense of humour and I think I've got Harley Quinn fatigue (I never even made it all the way thru her individual movie)

Add on: the really shitty thing is I have a lot to say about it where as there's a thousand new movies every year that I'll watch fifteen minutes of and be like ok fuck this it sucks and switch it off. I would say tho I'll probably rewatch it at some point and I couldn't say that about any other (especially DC) super hero movie
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 05:21:38 AM by Mean salto »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2022, 04:48:22 AM »
Reminiscence
This thing sucked. Way too long and really not interesting. Sci fi premise kinda pointless. General setup decent but wasted. Most of the dialogue was just characters saying what's happening. I've probably seen too many movies and shows but generally a noir has a sort of unexpected turn and with this it was just exactly what I thought it was going to be to the point of I didn't even realise it was meant to be a twist.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2022, 04:52:30 AM »
Senior moment
Weirdly compelling made it to the end. I guess it's technically a comedy probably aimed to old people. Nothing really happens tho. In 90 mins it's just a bunch of scenes that often don't really connect or would even matter what order they were put in. Pretty flat sometimes just seems like just an excuse for Shatner to see a girl in a bikini or drive a sportscar but mostly fairly inoffensive

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2022, 05:10:21 AM »
American night.
Yet another of whatever genre this is called (pop noir?) Like polar,hotel artimis, gunpowder milkshake etc. All the same cheese you've seen a hundred times by now down to a shootout to an old pop song. These things have replaced the zombie/infected horror movie for lazy shit that comes out every other month.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2022, 10:56:58 AM »
Was gonna watch dune last night but went with Old (the new M. Night Shyamalan movie) instead for whatever reason. Big mistake, it was terrible

honestly, that movie was so bad I almost enjoyed watching it just thinkin how they probably never say "no" to Shyamalan and his shitty ideas lol. I remember all the characters just talking about their jobs. from what I gathered it's just a movie about exploring different careers

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2022, 04:25:03 AM »
Interceptor
Technically works. Story makes sense, okish acting, nice sets, nice to not completely awful special effects but overall really flat and feels very dated. Like a Steven Seagal type movie from the late 80s/early 90s. Main actor sucks tho and everything to do with them that isn't part of the actual plot is a total drain. How did they get the part? Oh it's Chris Hemsworth a wide. Hemsworth cameo at first is ok but then they cut back to him more than some actual characters in the film. Watchable but not good.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2022, 07:16:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

honestly, that movie was so bad I almost enjoyed watching it just thinkin how they probably never say "no" to Shyamalan and his shitty ideas lol. I remember all the characters just talking about their jobs. from what I gathered it's just a movie about exploring different careers

Old was super shitty. It almost brought up some interesting ideas about aging but then was like “nah, let’s get down to a dumb twist, have characters act ridiculously, and never linger on any of the difficult aspects of the protagonists’ journey.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2022, 05:18:32 AM »
The card counter.
Give it a miss. Feels like they just gave up half way thru. Interesting premise and decent acting wasted.

pro club blanks

« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2022, 09:06:28 AM »
The card counter.
Give it a miss. Feels like they just gave up half way thru. Interesting premise and decent acting wasted.
Thanks, was on the fence about watching this one, trailer had some promise but gave a weird low budget, "this movie takes place mostly in 1 room because of said budget" vibe

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2022, 12:14:07 PM »
Jurassic World Dominion.  Big surprise since the last 4 were increasingly awful.   IMAX projector broke down 15 minutes in and I felt a sigh of relief it was so bad.   Pirates of the Caribbean might have had a better success rate as a franchise