Author Topic: What's the longest you'll skate on a given day?  (Read 1507 times)

in love w/ fs shuvs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
What's the longest you'll skate on a given day?
« on: January 06, 2022, 12:15:42 AM »
Just asking cause I'm curious. For example on a free day, I will skate for a full 3 hours. Anything over that is sort of taxing on the body and I'll just feel sore and my ability tanks.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
Re: What's the longest you'll skate on a given day?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 12:29:38 AM »
2-3 hours max; anything more than that feels like I'm pushing it.

Generally prefer to skate little an often, 5 days a week but an hour a session- tend to get less tired but still put stuff down.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 07:42:00 AM »
3 hours in the morning to work on my basics

come home for lunch and a nap, hearty meal and lots of water, maybe foam roll for a bit

3 hours in the afternoon to work on the newer stuff

Just like surfing, up before dawn to catch the AM set, back in evening to catch the PM set.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 08:35:12 AM »
Depends on how intense the session is. If I am on my own I skate 2 to 2.5 hours without a break, then the legs are tired.

If I skate with my buddy, there will be a lot of breaks for talking and perhaps a coffee or something, or a change of spots, so the session will last much longer. Net skating time probably less tho.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2022, 11:02:50 AM »

come home for lunch and a nap, hearty meal and lots of water, maybe foam roll for a bit

Just like surfing, up before dawn to catch the AM set, back in evening to catch the PM set.

jesus

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2022, 02:24:01 PM »

This is, I'm assuming when you're off from work.. right?

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2022, 05:37:58 PM »
Try to squeeze in an hour or 1.5 4x a week.

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2022, 06:06:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Like your user name suggest, these are weekend @MorningSesh and best case scenario. Most of the time it's 3 hours in the morning and I'm doing household errands in the evening.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2022, 12:17:01 AM »
I usually can’t skate after work most days, so I try to get at least 4-5+ hrs in per day on Saturday and Sundays. If the planets align and I get out of work early I’ll skate for however long I can. Sometimes it’s only 30 minutes. Sometimes it’s a few hours if I’m real lucky. I love long weekends and when we go on hiatus for the holidays. I’m at the tail end of a 3 week break from work and next weekend is a long weekend
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 06:09:09 AM by tom »
fuck you bama

streetpunk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2022, 09:04:53 AM »
On days when the time is available, I usually try to take a pre workout and skate for 3-4 hours (this was much easier for me in the summer). Around the 4th hour I am usually dusted & will go home as anything I try will most likely be sloppy or get me broke off.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 302
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2022, 09:56:54 AM »
I'm basically a weekend skater nowadays, not enough time/daylight to skate after work.
3-4 hours is desired, but usually 2-3 hours is suffice to land a majority of my fav ledge tricks. I don't have many tricks, but I'll tire myself out doing them repeated. I'll do like 20 bs crooked grinds, 20 fs tailslides, and as many bs smiths I can land that day.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 299
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2022, 10:55:15 AM »
Most weekdays I won't skate more than 2 hours, on Fridays I'll skate 3 at the absolute most and that's pushing it for me. Every once in a while on a weekend I'll do more than 3 but my legs will be fucked for a few days afterwards so I let that be for special occasions. I miss being a teenager and spending every day of my summer break at the park for 4-8 hours, that was the best. I really gotta get back into PT so my body can start handling that again

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2022, 02:54:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Like your user name suggest, these are weekend @MorningSesh and best case scenario. Most of the time it's 3 hours in the morning and I'm doing household errands in the evening.
Got ya, that's sick. Looking forward to warmer weather eventually so I can get out earlier more often.

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2022, 07:47:39 PM »
Average session is about an hour but on other days when I have substantial amount of time I don't have to work care for my children or anything like that I can go for like three or four

jimgrude

• Rep: 66
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2022, 11:07:44 PM »
Between 2,5 and 4 hours, 1,5 times a week on average. Never take breaks.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2022, 07:55:08 AM »
I skated for 8 hours straight one day over the summer (minus the time driving between spots).  It was glorious.

I usually try to get out there for like 1.5 or 2 hours a few times a week.  If I’m not skating with other people I end up spending half that time beating myself up to get whatever little clip I had in mind that day and have fun for the rest of the time. 

BallparkFrank

• Rep: 11
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2022, 02:41:07 PM »
I end up hurting myself if I go longer than 4 hours

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2022, 02:53:57 PM »
I'm 28 y/o if it's a solo session I can skate fairly intensely for about a couple hours

If I'm w/ the homies or trying a trick, I can go for 4-5 hours easy if I'm motivated.

I stay in shape and box for conditioning though, so skating is relatively light in comparison unless I'm repeatedly trying to jump over something tall, or go down stairs/gaps

ssbsminotti

• Rep: -8
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2022, 04:55:56 PM »
Wintertime 4 hours max, the indoor is only open for so long. Summertime anywhere from 4-8 hours depending on the vibe

tranny in the streets

• Rep: 12
  • Gronk
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2022, 05:07:31 AM »
If you asked me when I was like 16 to 20 years old I could honestly go out in the morning and skate all day until midnight. Well, lunch and dinner between and obviously some shooting the shit with friends as well.

Man I miss the times when we would go out in the late afternoons and just stay out till dawn, then go home and die the entire day. Now I'm in my mid 20s and I can do maybe a 6 hour sesh on good days (when I'm free) but I'm trying to balance my days a little better. My seshes nowadays are maybe 3-5 hours of actual skating (with some sitting down in between) and then I'm pretty over it and just want to go home to do other things.

But I'm not so free nowadays so maybe when I have a lot more free time to go outside I'll skate for longer. After an extended sesh though I'm pretty much out for the next day haha. If I want to skate every day then about 4 hours is the max I can go actually skating. Of course, sometimes I'll be out all day but that involves a lot of cycling around in between and just not actually skating.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2022, 07:09:46 AM »
8 hours, knees and feet at this age hurt like crazy though afterward.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

ssNB462

• Rep: -2
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2022, 09:58:11 AM »
When I was in my young grasshopper days.. like probably 6-10 hours haha.
Probably a good 2-4 hours now. I'll skate that 6-10 if I make some kinda trip to like NYC or something.

But I'm in my mid 20's now and it's starting to catch up. I tore my ACL and had surgery already at 18. I was told I need another ACL replacement and MCL repair in 2020 and I've just been skating on that for the past 2 years now.
Boardfeel is a myth
Come back Adio, we miss you

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2022, 12:56:48 AM »
As a kid - 10+ hours a day wasn't uncommon, 3 hours a day minimum on week days, every day the weather allowed.

As a student - as much as spare time and weather allowed, including in between classes and coming back in all sweaty.

As an adult - as much as spare time, weather and the body will allow. I start getting tired a bit earlier (say three hours in) but have also learned to adjust my skating in order to even things out if I want to keep going.

In general though, my observation is it's way more reasonable on the human body (and better for technical progression) to skate for about 90 minutes on average and space sessions out throughout the week at the ideal pace of one in every three days, as not to be a victim of what sports call 'overtraining'. But obviously nobody is ever doing that (my own self included) because a lot of skateboarding really has to do with just being out there and most especially, feels that fucking good. Just saying the 'workhorse' approach is often counterproductive, I know as much as I've been there.

Krishna3k

• Rep: -2
  • "If we skate we roll together" "Stand United"
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2022, 05:23:47 AM »
Shit all fucking day if I can I got nothing else to do sometimes. Long ass sessions are the best

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 90
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2022, 08:07:18 AM »
It really does depend...

I'm usually only skating 2-3 times within the week, but this changes in summer when the nights draw out. So it's usually 3 hours or a little bit above that.

I spend more time filming than skating on my day's off when we're out, but I get to skate inbetween that time so it'll range from 1-2 hours or a 3-4 like above.

Not like how it is when I was a kid though and it's never really from tiredness, just can't be arsed after a while especially when it'll end up just being me skating. Then, it's usually pint time.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Raccoon Manne

• Rep: -48
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2022, 12:50:36 PM »
Currently, 2 hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week. Anything more and my back starts to hurt. I've overcome my back issues by listening to my body and my lady bought me a soft mattress. I need to hit an AM sesh to improve though, I'm just maintaining with slow progression with my current routine.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2022, 01:12:56 PM »
Been trying to skate every single day, doing a kickflip outside my house doesnt count, gotta actually go outside and do a skate. Yesterday was day 25 and can no longer feel my legs. Usually it'll be between 1.5-3 hours. Wouldn't have made it this far if I wasn't able to break up the week with slappy sessions tbh.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2022, 12:28:57 AM »
It used to be 3 hours on the weekend and 1-2 hours during the week. We had a kid 3 weeks ago so it is only one hour now and I will have to do grocery shopping after the session.

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2022, 04:14:49 PM »
It used to be 3 hours on the weekend and 1-2 hours during the week. We had a kid 3 weeks ago so it is only one hour now and I will have to do grocery shopping after the session.

Congrats! How many sessions are you getting in on a weekly? Getting mentally ready for the shift (our baby is due in June) and will be sad to be skating less

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!