Author Topic: Lake Geneva, Switzerland  (Read 566 times)

Candied cigarettes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
Lake Geneva, Switzerland
« on: May 08, 2022, 11:23:29 AM »
Something came up pretty suddenly for me and I’m now going to Lake Geneva, Switzerland for a week in June. Was gonna go to LA but I can’t pass on Switzerland.

Wondering if any folks know if there’s any cool spots or parks there? Also taking recs for food, hiking, etc. I’ll be hangin out with my dad for the most part but I’m sure I’ll bring my board and try to skate for a little bit.

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
Re: Lake Geneva, Switzerland
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 11:46:15 AM »

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 92
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 11:47:50 AM »
Check out skatepark of plainpalais in the center of the city, it’s pretty fun if it’s absent of a shit ton of scooter kids.
When I visited in 2020, your hotel accommodations would give all visitors free passes for public transit which is a nice touch. It’s a really expensive city but that’s Switzerland. From the lake I’m pretty sure you can catch a glimpse of mont blanc which is pretty crazy to see.

I really recommend taking the cable car Téléphérique du Salève (in France) to get above the city and see an amazing view of the lake. Also some nice trails to walk around.
I’m not local. Have a good time.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 11:56:21 AM by Not A Damn Chance »

juniormint

• Rep: 140
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2022, 06:15:29 PM »
If you’re up for it, check out Bains des Pâquis on lake Geneva. It’s a bath house with saunas and hamams, a dunk in lake Geneva after melting in the sauna is pretty special. Also attached is a canteen/restaurant which serves a pretty great fondue.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2022, 07:33:33 PM »
If you’re up for it, check out Bains des Pâquis on lake Geneva. It’s a bath house with saunas and hamams, a dunk in lake Geneva after melting in the sauna is pretty special. Also attached is a canteen/restaurant which serves a pretty great fondue.

Yo, thanks dude!!

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2022, 02:01:40 AM »
Don’t sleep on Loz Santos aka Lozangeles aka Lausanne.
I always had a nice time there even if I just went to the most cliche places / spots. I should know more but I don’t. City is still a gem and worth visiting.

Also Montreux is worth a visit. That’s where smoke on the water by deep purple comes from btw.

Enjoy!!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 03:45:53 AM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Lo-fi Explosion

• Rep: 7
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2022, 05:13:07 AM »
Don’t sleep on Loz Santos aka Lozangeles aka Lausanne.
I always had a nice time there even if I just went to the most cliche places / spots. I should know more but I don’t. City is still a gem and worth visiting.

Also Montreux is worth a visit. That’s where smoke on the water by deep purple comes from btw.

Enjoy!!
Lausanne is a spot paradise

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2022, 06:42:34 AM »
I used to live abs work in Geneva. As for spots I’d check more towards the UN/international orgs. There were a ton of pristine curbs and ledges. The main train station in town had stuff too but for the most part you need to push into various neighborhoods. I lived in St Jean and there was a bank spot that stretched up off Rue de Confessions near the schools but I can’t for the life of me remember the street name as it was 10 years ago. I’d explore Eaux Vives, Plainpalais, Champel, and generally that entire area just outside of the touristy stores.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2022, 07:25:55 AM »
never been to switzerland but i can help you with lake geneva, wisconsin

rhetoric

• Rep: 24
  • Sparkalonius Died For You
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2022, 08:28:52 AM »
I used to live abs work in Geneva. As for spots I’d check more towards the UN/international orgs. There were a ton of pristine curbs and ledges.

This. Marble for days. I grew up in Germany and any time we'd travel as a family and visit the headquarters of any large 2-5 letter organization, I'd lament not having my board with me.
The activity itself is self-explanatory: Use your fingers to maneuver a small skateboard. But many pros like famous fingerboarder Joe D say this seemingly easy fingerboarding requires the same precision and determination as skateboarding.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2022, 12:53:10 PM »
Whoa, thanks folks! I wasn’t sure if I should take my board because it’s a family type vacation, but I definitely will now!

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2022, 06:38:49 AM »
There is a huge skatepark in the center called plainpalais.
It's pretty crowded and don't leave your stuff unsupervised...
Also there is a small skatepark underneath the bridge but I dont know the name of it.

Lausanne is good for basically any type of skating. Has an indoor park with street and bowl, a vertramp at the lake and a bowl.

Other than that Montreux has an indoor facility called the Empire Skate Building that even has a vertramp.

I don't know how close Martigny is, but it has a new very good park and in Evian there is also a new bowl.

Western part of Switzerland is top notch when it comes to skateboarding...

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2022, 06:40:58 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/chany1/

DM him like a man

I think Chany is currently residing in Crans Montana , where he runs the alaia Chalet skatepark. Would also be worth a visit but probably very expensive...

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2022, 08:00:50 AM »
Expand Quote
https://www.instagram.com/chany1/

DM him like a man
[close]

I think Chany is currently residing in Crans Montana , where he runs the alaia Chalet skatepark. Would also be worth a visit but probably very expensive...

Yeah, I thought about it just doesn’t seem worth it since I’ll only be there for a week and I’m on a budget