Author Topic: Marius Syvanen Skateboarding Lessons  (Read 4436 times)

Theme For A Jackal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
Re: Marius Syvanen Skateboarding Lessons
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2022, 11:46:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ahhh so when Chris Cole does it it's wack and corny but Marius puts up fliers in a literal fuckin Starbucks and he's beast. Slap is amazing
[close]

almost like context matters
[close]

You had teachers in school right? And you noticed how some teachers were really cool and that made the class and learning fun and others weren't and that sucked and made you hate whatever you were trying to learn?

I'm not going to hate on Cole personally but I can understand why someone would think it's cooler that Marius is teaching kids than the Cobra

Please enlighten me

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2022, 12:04:15 PM »
Do the Chris Cole skate lessons come with a Jamie Thomas Fashion bootcamp or is that extra?

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2022, 12:33:44 PM »
Do the Chris Cole skate lessons come with a Jamie Thomas Fashion bootcamp or is that extra?
That would be a add-on service and is definitely extra.
Free Charlie Rambo

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2022, 12:36:08 PM »
Dan Smith will teach you guitar

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 49
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2022, 04:24:18 AM »
Is it actually possible to make some decent money of being a skate-coach? If you can't survive of your "pro" check, then maybe it's time to get an education or a profession where you can make a decent living. You can still enjoy skating on the side just as much.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2022, 05:02:18 AM »
Having Darrel as a sk9 coach would be funny

Not to mention Nick Merlino, that's who I'd sign up for, that would be amazing. For my kid though, I'd probably pick TJ Rogers or Justin Schulte, they seem the most solid of the bunch haha

Honestly, you never know who's good at teaching. Some people can just pick out the relevant pieces of info that really help. Things like where to look, where to lean etc. Stuff you don't really think of.

But really, I think it's great that pros (or ex-pros) are doing this. Great way to share the stoke and make some money. Someone's gonna do it, why not the pros.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2022, 05:55:55 AM »
Is it actually possible to make some decent money of being a skate-coach? If you can't survive of your "pro" check, then maybe it's time to get an education or a profession where you can make a decent living. You can still enjoy skating on the side just as much.

not sure about the states but in my city in poland there are a few people who make a living from teaching skating. it's probably easier to do so in the usa but maybe the market there is oversaturated? idk
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

backspinflip

• Rep: -33
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2022, 10:48:37 AM »
If you can line the kids up in like 1 hour blocks and bust 8 out in a day you might make some decent coin. Like $50 a lesson, you got a $400 day. That all under the table, no insurance, no designated facility... by the poster that looks like how Mariun's doing it.

Problem is if you got like one kid at 10am, another at noon, and the last one at 3. Then you've got you're thumb up your ass most of the day, and you don't make squat.

I did a few lessons once, wouldn't recommend it. Unless you like hanging out with little kids.

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 55
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2022, 01:08:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Ahhh so when Chris Cole does it it's wack and corny but Marius puts up fliers in a literal fuckin Starbucks and he's beast. Slap is amazing
[close]

almost like context matters

True, but I am still trying to figure out the difference between a Starbucks, a literal Starbucks, and a literal fuckin' Starbucks.

If as described, the literal fuckin' Starbucks may have difficulty with health regulations and perhaps Marius won't find the clientele he needs for his skate lessons.

LonleySk8er15

• Rep: 41
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2022, 02:32:48 PM »
If you can line the kids up in like 1 hour blocks and bust 8 out in a day you might make some decent coin. Like $50 a lesson, you got a $400 day. That all under the table, no insurance, no designated facility... by the poster that looks like how Mariun's doing it.

Problem is if you got like one kid at 10am, another at noon, and the last one at 3. Then you've got you're thumb up your ass most of the day, and you don't make squat.

I did a few lessons once, wouldn't recommend it. Unless you like hanging out with little kids.
well since you have no insurance you'll be free to crunch some beers with the hemmies between lessons.

TunnelVision1

• Rep: -76
  • Kingofhellfarts
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2022, 02:52:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
well since you have no insurance you'll be free to crunch some beers with the hemmies between lessons.
filming lessons coming soon
At least my dad thinks so.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2022, 03:00:10 PM »
I showed some kid how to push properly once. He totally ignore everything I said while his brother on a bike seemed to actually listened and absorb it.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2022, 08:20:35 PM »
I want Dan Pageau to teach me how to almost switch front board el toro

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2022, 08:30:22 PM »
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

frontfootimpossible

• Rep: -25
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2022, 11:49:37 AM »
Quote from: Slap MessageBoards
frontfootimpossible,

You have received a warning for posting offensive material. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The Slap MessageBoards Team.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2022, 11:59:49 AM »
puleo wouldn’t be caught dead teaching lessons in the westcoast