Author Topic: anyone shoot guns?  (Read 10358 times)

The_9

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
Re: anyone shoot guns?
« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2022, 08:25:40 AM »
From what I recall and it’s been a while nothing, unless you choose history as a subject to take which I didn’t

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2022, 08:53:52 AM »
I'm really getting ready to delete this thread if people keep getting testy or cuss out others.

Don't be a dick. Go do that shit on reddit or facebook or IRL. keep it off the SLAP gun thread.

predictably enough, @The_9  started off with “America’s obsession” -- rhetorically, language like that is not “balanced,” and it proceeds with the implication that there is something wrong or unhealthy with those in question, and I’ve had one too many of those futile conversations. as I say above, i truly don't care whether he understands or not, i feel no burden or responsibility to explain anything to him...nor should i.

you know, @IusedToSkateMore , based on what little you can really know about someone based solely on this forum, you seem like a solid human, but this post is funny to me--ok, dad.

as far as the thread goes, don’t do me any favors, but i don’t want the thread taken down for others in here, just because of me, so since I can’t help but to be “reactionary” at times, I will simply abstain...selah.

Fhk

« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2022, 09:13:42 AM »
I hope you continue to post in the thread Deputy. You are by far the most knowledgeable on Slap when it comes to anything firearm related. Ironically  I am currently reinventing myself as less of a reactionary person. Hopefully I will figure it out someday…but I lived in Mass. way to long to not be a fucking dickhead.

The_9

« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2022, 09:55:52 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm really getting ready to delete this thread if people keep getting testy or cuss out others.

Don't be a dick. Go do that shit on reddit or facebook or IRL. keep it off the SLAP gun thread.
[close]

predictably enough, @The_9  started off with “America’s obsession” -- rhetorically, language like that is not “balanced,” and it proceeds with the implication that there is something wrong or unhealthy with those in question, and I’ve had one too many of those futile conversations. as I say above, i truly don't care whether he understands or not, i feel no burden or responsibility to explain anything to him...nor should i.

you know, @IusedToSkateMore , based on what little you can really know about someone based solely on this forum, you seem like a solid human, but this post is funny to me--ok, dad.

as far as the thread goes, don’t do me any favors, but i don’t want the thread taken down for others in here, just because of me, so since I can’t help but to be “reactionary” at times, I will simply abstain...selah.

Because to an outsider like me self it appears an obsession. People up in arms about gun laws, people walking the streets with assault rifles and so on. You can own a gun in the UK, there’s plenty of gun clubs and ranges. I live in a rural area so there’s plenty of farmers with shotguns etc yet the majority of people just aren’t interested in guns, or owning a gun. There is also lots of crime, and gun violence though again people aren’t really interested in owning a gun for protection etc.

We also don’t see to live in fear the same way. Obviously this is a perception that may be wrong but disaster planning, hoarding guns, ammunition etc. it’s just not really on peoples radar over here.

Now you just seen pretty arrogant, grumpy man and from what I can see this isn’t the first thread you’ve been a bit of an arse. However there’s people like you all over the net who probably live in their mothers basement and are praying for social decline so you can go all Burt Gummer and play soldiers.

In reality I imagine you’re probably a well educated yet inadequate middle aged white man who does spend far too much time on forums. I’d say you’re single, definitely no children. You probably like to tell people you don’t want children when i reality no one wants to have their child suffer you as a father. Probably due to some daddy issues you have. You seem to have an ill found superiority complex, though I guess I’m not surprised given this trait is often found in those with a narcissistic personality disorder. As is throwing your toys out of the pram when someone questions how you choose to conduct yourself. So I’m not sure if you’re a bit more Bates than Gummer or just a toxic mixture of the two?

So much to your annoyance I’ll continue to engage in this thread and hopefully learn a bit more. Who knows it might lead me to the local range.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 11:54:18 AM by The_9 »

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2022, 01:32:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Because to an outsider like me self it appears an obsession. People up in arms about gun laws, people walking the streets with assault rifles and so on. You can own a gun in the UK, there’s plenty of gun clubs and ranges. I live in a rural area so there’s plenty of farmers with shotguns etc yet the majority of people just aren’t interested in guns, or owning a gun. There is also lots of crime, and gun violence though again people aren’t really interested in owning a gun for protection etc.

We also don’t see to live in fear the same way. Obviously this is a perception that may be wrong but disaster planning, hoarding guns, ammunition etc. it’s just not really on peoples radar over here.

Now you just seen pretty arrogant, grumpy man and from what I can see this isn’t the first thread you’ve been a bit of an arse. However there’s people like you all over the net who probably live in their mothers basement and are praying for social decline so you can go all Burt Gummer and play soldiers.

In reality I imagine you’re probably a well educated yet inadequate middle aged white man who does spend far too much time on forums. I’d say you’re single, definitely no children. You probably like to tell people you don’t want children when i reality no one wants to have their child suffer you as a father. Probably due to some daddy issues you have. You seem to have an ill found superiority complex, though I guess I’m not surprised given this trait is often found in those with a narcissistic personality disorder. As is throwing your toys out of the pram when someone questions how you choose to conduct yourself. So I’m not sure if you’re a bit more Bates than Gummer or just a toxic mixture of the two?

So much to your annoyance I’ll continue to engage in this thread and hopefully learn a bit more. Who knows it might lead me to the local range.

you know, i really did plan on letting this go, seriously, but my god son, look at you go....look at all of the "balanced insight" in your post...

...do you have anything else you want to try to conjecture about my life? or should i wait? shit, how many times have you edited this post now, to make it as "balanced" and as"insightful" as it is here? 3- or 4-times? talk about stereotypes...

The_9

« Reply #245 on: February 27, 2022, 01:37:42 PM »
I kept getting interrupted.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #246 on: February 27, 2022, 01:52:08 PM »
I kept getting interrupted.

fair enough man

The_9

« Reply #247 on: February 27, 2022, 02:25:06 PM »
So I’ve said my piece. You certainly don’t seem the type of guy to hold his hand up and accept he was wrong, or offer any form of apology so I think it’s best we leave our interaction here.

Fhk

« Reply #248 on: February 27, 2022, 04:07:47 PM »
So I’ve said my piece. You certainly don’t seem the type of guy to hold his hand up and accept he was wrong, or offer any form of apology so I think it’s best we leave our interaction here.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I wouldn’t hold my breath for an apology after saying all of that, and rightfully so. I believe OP started this thread with the intention of discussing the enjoyment of shooting guns, not the politics that surround it. Now someone please make a post that is relevant to the original intentions. What a fucking mess.

The_9

« Reply #249 on: February 27, 2022, 04:12:20 PM »
Unlike yourself he was never going to apologise , and actually kept at it even after the discussion we had. I’d have thought that would have made my intentions in this thread clear, but no. As you saw I’m a reasonable guy, but I’m not here to be talked to like shit either. Hope you’re well man. I’ll let you know if I get to the range.