Author Topic: questions that don't deserve their own thread  (Read 208557 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: questions that don't deserve their own thread
« Reply #1980 on: November 10, 2022, 09:57:46 AM »
I’m going to guess people skate those decks because they feel right….

geezer

• Rep: 37
« Reply #1981 on: November 10, 2022, 09:58:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why 8.5 decks or up when you skate mostly street (park, but „street“?)

I would try one, but honestly I don’t really see the point.
Why are many people skate bigger than 8.25s when they don’t skate bowls?
Even people who mostly skate flat here.
It’s just hype or am I wrong?

What’s the point for people like me who are doing lots of flips? 

I have the feeling there’s even less 8.25 decks made 🤷🏻‍♂️
[close]

Because it feels great, especially ledge tricks. You can do any flip trick on a 9" deck if you want. Street skaters have been riding 8.5 for a decade at least
[close]

How does it feel different for ledge tricks.
When I went up to 8.25 I didn’t realize any difference in them.

Any flip trick? I mean yeah sure, but as easy as with a small deck? Like double hardflips or something like that?

Also, going up to 8.5 means sizing up trucks as well. More space to grind, as well as slightly changing the angle your truck sits at when it grinds.

SlapMcKracken

• Rep: 92
« Reply #1982 on: November 10, 2022, 10:09:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I have the feeling there’s even less 8.25 decks made 🤷🏻‍♂️
[close]

Because it feels great, especially ledge tricks. You can do any flip trick on a 9" deck if you want. Street skaters have been riding 8.5 for a decade at least
[close]

How does it feel different for ledge tricks.
When I went up to 8.25 I didn’t realize any difference in them.

Any flip trick? I mean yeah sure, but as easy as with a small deck? Like double hardflips or something like that?
[close]

Also, going up to 8.5 means sizing up trucks as well. More space to grind, as well as slightly changing the angle your truck sits at when it grinds.

Already skating 8.5 trucks with 8.25 deck.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #1983 on: November 10, 2022, 11:20:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I have the feeling there’s even less 8.25 decks made ‍♂️
[close]

Large feet -> less toe drag. I am sizing down to 8.38 shortly tho but 8.25 seems like a toothpick to me.
[close]

Sure it does, cause you’re not used to it
Skate and 8 inch deck for a month and 8.25 is fine again.

I btw have size 11 and no issues with toedrags. Maybe heel drags with frontside tricks out of manuals (while doing the manual)

Why are you sizing down?

Edit: another question:

Why are 8.3 krooked decks longer than 8.5s? I don’t get it.

Size 10. I get toe/heel drag on flipping down things (curbs or the odd two stair).

I have received a Quasi 8.25 from my friends but I measured it and it was closer to an 8.18. Anyway I hope to set it up after the 8.38s. I still have some Indy 144s so I might as well give it a shot. I mean we rode 7.5s in the 90s, it‘s all in the mind.

Re Krooked: no idea, I never understood this.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

SlapMcKracken

• Rep: 92
« Reply #1984 on: November 10, 2022, 12:24:08 PM »
So true 😄

7.5s man! A friend of mine who skated back in the days came to the park with a 7.6 some days ago. The deck and the trucks look so tiny now.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1985 on: November 10, 2022, 04:34:55 PM »

Re board sizes, there was a logical reason for a lot of different sizes in skateboards, the main one is no one is the same shoe size, leg length, overall height, etc.

Having them scaled from 7 x 30, 7.5 x 31, 8 x 31.5, 8.25 x 32, 8.5 x 32.5, 9 x 33 is all good and well, but what if there is someone who prefers a skateboard that is both short and wide, or someone else who prefers a skateboard that is both narrow and long.

Some woodshops and brands will do a board that is uniform all the way through all the widths, eg HLC I think does a 32 long with 14.25 wb on everything from 8 through to 9, whereas others mix it up a lot more and make many different shapes and sizes to go with whatever others want, eg DLX through BBS.

As to the reason for some boards being longer, the DLX board range used an alternating option in width through the range, so it would alternate between longer and shorter as you go, as well as having a few different lengths for each width in the most popular ones.

The most common sizes before things went Full or Full se were as follows:

8.06 x 31.8 with 14.38
8.12 x 32 with 14.25
8.25 x 32 with 14.38
8.38 x 32.25 with 14.5
8.5 x 32.25 with 14.38
8.62 x 32.75 with 14.75 wb
8.75 x 32.4 with 14.62 wb

Then the "Blue eagle" seemed to be the most popular size in the 8.5 x 31.85 with 14.25 wb board for a while, so everyone thinks that is the only 8.5, but there were actually about three 8.5 boards in rotation, some more common than others.

This is not even coming close to the whole list, yes there are the 8.12 short, 8.28 short, etc.

8.06 x 31.8 with 14.38 wb standard
8.12 x 32 with 14.25 wb standard
8.25 x 32 with 14.38 wb standard
8.25 x 32.25 with 14.5 wb for Full shape
8.25 x 32 with 14.25 wb for Full SE shape
8.38 x 32.25 with 14.5 wb standard
8.38 x 32.5 with 14.6 wb for Full shape
8.38 x 32.18 with 14.38 wb for Full SE shape
8.4 x 32 with 14.25 wb standard
8.5 x 31.85 with 14.25 wb short
8.5 x 32.25 with 14.38 wb standard
8.5 x 32.5 with 14.75 wb long
8.5 x 32.6 with 14.6 wb for Full shape
8.75 x 32.75 with 14.7 wb for Full shape
9 x 33.25 with 15 wb

Some of those dimensions might be a bit off (sorry) but the point I was trying to make is they alternate somewhat to give people options for width and length / wb.

In general terms, there is no right or wrong answer to what is the best size for your body size, shape, shoe size, etc.  There are small guys I know with size 9 shoes riding 9" boards and still doing tre flips and everything else, as well as others in the taller category, size 12 shoes riding 8" and doing much the same stuff they did back in 2000s, cause that is what he skated then.

If you feel like a wider board is more comfortable, good for you, or if a smaller board works better for what you want to do, compared to a bigger board, longer, shorter, etc.

We used to always have this sort of conversation with people who came into the shop, sometimes with some customers who would get quite heated at each other saying there was a "true size" and then someone else was wrong or whatever, but in general terms an adult can pick what works best for them and I would never try to put someone in a pigeon hole just saying they were a ledge tech skater on an 8" or a bowl lord on a 9" or similar, which used to be way more the case back twenty years ago.

Before that, everyone rode more narrow boards as that was just what we did, no matter what terrain you skated, because there wasn't half the choice that there is in the current market.  Board width overall has definitely gone from under 8" as standard to about 8.25 and bigger nowdays for most people I know, certainly my own boards 8 to 8.12 for a long time, now 8.38 and up.

*** Sorry if this turned into a rant, or has too much information.  I didn't mean it to be like that, but more just to help with any confusion.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 04:42:22 PM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #1986 on: November 10, 2022, 10:55:47 PM »

Re board sizes, there was a logical reason for a lot of different sizes in skateboards, the main one is no one is the same shoe size, leg length, overall height, etc.

Having them scaled from 7 x 30, 7.5 x 31, 8 x 31.5, 8.25 x 32, 8.5 x 32.5, 9 x 33 is all good and well, but what if there is someone who prefers a skateboard that is both short and wide, or someone else who prefers a skateboard that is both narrow and long.

Some woodshops and brands will do a board that is uniform all the way through all the widths, eg HLC I think does a 32 long with 14.25 wb on everything from 8 through to 9, whereas others mix it up a lot more and make many different shapes and sizes to go with whatever others want, eg DLX through BBS.

As to the reason for some boards being longer, the DLX board range used an alternating option in width through the range, so it would alternate between longer and shorter as you go, as well as having a few different lengths for each width in the most popular ones.

The most common sizes before things went Full or Full se were as follows:

8.06 x 31.8 with 14.38
8.12 x 32 with 14.25
8.25 x 32 with 14.38
8.38 x 32.25 with 14.5
8.5 x 32.25 with 14.38

Then the "Blue eagle" seemed to be the most popular size in the 8.5 x 31.85 with 14.25 wb board for a while, so everyone thinks that is the only 8.5, but there were actually about three 8.5 boards in rotation, some more common than others.

This is not even coming close to the whole list, yes there are the 8.12 short, 8.28 short, etc.

8.06 x 31.8 with 14.38 wb standard
8.12 x 32 with 14.25 wb standard
8.25 x 32 with 14.38 wb standard
8.25 x 32.25 with 14.5 wb for Full shape
8.25 x 32 with 14.25 wb for Full SE shape
8.38 x 32.25 with 14.5 wb standard
8.38 x 32.5 with 14.6 wb for Full shape
8.38 x 32.18 with 14.38 wb for Full SE shape
8.4 x 32 with 14.25 wb standard
8.5 x 31.85 with 14.25 wb short
8.5 x 32.25 with 14.38 wb standard
8.5 x 32.5 with 14.75 wb long
8.5 x 32.6 with 14.6 wb for Full shape
8.75 x 32.75 with 14.7 wb for Full shape
9 x 33.25 with 15 wb

Some of those dimensions might be a bit off (sorry) but the point I was trying to make is they alternate somewhat to give people options for width and length / wb.

In general terms, there is no right or wrong answer to what is the best size for your body size, shape, shoe size, etc.  There are small guys I know with size 9 shoes riding 9" boards and still doing tre flips and everything else, as well as others in the taller category, size 12 shoes riding 8" and doing much the same stuff they did back in 2000s, cause that is what he skated then.

If you feel like a wider board is more comfortable, good for you, or if a smaller board works better for what you want to do, compared to a bigger board, longer, shorter, etc.

We used to always have this sort of conversation with people who came into the shop, sometimes with some customers who would get quite heated at each other saying there was a "true size" and then someone else was wrong or whatever, but in general terms an adult can pick what works best for them and I would never try to put someone in a pigeon hole just saying they were a ledge tech skater on an 8" or a bowl lord on a 9" or similar, which used to be way more the case back twenty years ago.

Before that, everyone rode more narrow boards as that was just what we did, no matter what terrain you skated, because there wasn't half the choice that there is in the current market.  Board width overall has definitely gone from under 8" as standard to about 8.25 and bigger nowdays for most people I know, certainly my own boards 8 to 8.12 for a long time, now 8.38 and up.

*** Sorry if this turned into a rant, or has too much information.  I didn't mean it to be like that, but more just to help with any confusion.

Teach!

I remember that after the shaped boards of the very early 90s when I started, seemingly over night footballs with everslick popped up and everbody thought they were the shit because they had a decent nose and the everslick was the gimmick. Then it peeled off and quickly got old but the nose stayed. Those eggs were still almost as wide as the old shaped boards.

The again, in a matter of a few months around the turn of 92/93 I think, the eggs were gone and the small popsicles were all they had in the shops. When my homies started to get these boards they were psyched because they flipped so well, and double flips were quickly becoming the lithmus test of being dope.

So far, I viewed this evolution of board shapes as progress and went with it. The new boards madeskating easier, at least the style of skating we were performing in rural Switzerland with no skateparks or ramps: mainly street/flatground and gaps. At that time, the narrower the board was, the better it was considered and we were actively looking for ever narrower decks.

Then the tide turned and boards started to slowly get broader again, but this time it was not overnight but a matter of months/years. We sized up to 8“, and the last deck I bought in 97 before my hiatus was an 8.38, altho that was exceptionally huge and I considered it as a cruiser and never flipped it.

When I came back to skating in 2020 I was surprised and a bit confused by the huge choice of board sizes and when my old 8.38 snapped I simply ordered another 8.38, a Real Ishod which turned out to be 8.5. I liked it, re learned kick flips with it and have stayed on 8.5s since they worked. I will size down shortly to see if I am missing something.

Tl;dr/follow up question: in the 90s there was no choice but to ride tiny boards, because they suited the skatestyle of the era; or did people skate like they did because there were only tiny bloards?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

wheelchair skitch

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1987 on: November 11, 2022, 02:47:07 AM »
I've managed t stockpile like 6 pairs of dunks.. and after realizing I don't like how thick they are, I am going to sell them for maximum profit. Any suggestions on the best place to do this? Ebay, FB market, one of those reseller sites?
BE LIKE WATER

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #1988 on: November 11, 2022, 07:16:00 AM »
Both my pairs of Puigs reek. As have any any other adidas Skate shoes I've had in the past.

Anyone else find this ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

vicious cycle

• Rep: 165
« Reply #1989 on: November 11, 2022, 07:24:26 AM »
Both my pairs of Puigs reek. As have any any other adidas Skate shoes I've had in the past.

Anyone else find this ?
Got a new pair 3st.004 still in box and they kinda smell more chemical than ES but probably the same as my Vans Kyle Walker that I already worn for 2 days.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

SupremePizza

• Rep: 44
« Reply #1990 on: November 11, 2022, 08:29:36 AM »
I've managed t stockpile like 6 pairs of dunks.. and after realizing I don't like how thick they are, I am going to sell them for maximum profit. Any suggestions on the best place to do this? Ebay, FB market, one of those reseller sites?

I'd suggest selling local through FB or offer up to avoid fees. eBay if you don't mind shipping, they have the lowest fees for sneakers and heavily discounted shipping rates.
If they're highs you probably won't get much profit if any right now tbh, might be better off holding for 6 months

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1991 on: November 11, 2022, 01:44:33 PM »

Tl;dr/follow up question: in the 90s there was no choice but to ride tiny boards, because they suited the skatestyle of the era; or did people skate like they did because there were only tiny bloards?

I think to some degree the evolution of tricks was more or less the main driving factor of boards changing shape from big square tailed monsters that were used for vert ramps in pre 1990, coming down to way smaller (not shorter) rounded tails and decent kicks at both ends for street skating around 1991, but as people were used to almost 10" wide boards, it took a while for the whole thing to slim down through 9" eggs to have straight railed sides and a more simple popsicle shape from about 1992 to 1994, at which time things started to even out and style was way more important than how many flips could be done - double or triple or more in each kickflip an inch off the ground gave way to a solid single kickflip over a garbage can.

That certainly changed things and thinner (lighter) boards were definitely way more sought after in that regard, along with clothes that fit more comfortably and wheels that were big enough to roll well.  As to the availability of anything wider, some of the less mainstream brands were still doing bigger boards, but most of the popular / main brands were doing everything under 8" with maybe one or so each run having a limited number of an 8.25 or something at most.

The few brands that were still doing wider trucks in the 90s were very big and heavy, so again, finding something that was lighter, like Venture trucks was the main thing and their team was stacked during that time, mid to late 90s being key for the brand where others like Indy almost took a back seat until they finally caught up with a lighter truck when Stage 9 came out in 2003, with the 00s redefining skateboarding board shapes and sizes ever so slightly, going more for the 8+ even if it was only 8.12 or something like that.

The other main thing to note is most of these skaters, pro or well known others, all were skating through that period, so there was no reason to change what worked for them, eg 8" boards were what they were used to.  Some dudes got old and went more for the bowl barney type board, which was wider, but most are still skating much the same board size and shape that they were used to when at their peak.  It is much more the new breed coming through that have sought out other options, wider boards, shaped boards, something different, but still more often than not something that someone has tried in the past anyway, but also these kids coming up are finding wider boards are quite easy to skate when they get used to them, now with lighter parts and overall way more manageable setups too.

Evolution of skateboarding is a funny thing, but also the pro skaters of today have found what works for them, the average still being about 8.25 in board width in the last few years, so not that much of a change up overall, even though there are definitely some dudes on boards around 9" still skating street stuff, as well as some others on boards less than 8" skating everything too.

I guess now there is so much more to choose from too, where there just were not anywhere near as many brands with as many board width options back in the day, but from a shop perspective, we would still recommend a 7.75 or less for a small child, an 8 or so for a school aged beginner, maybe an 8.25 for a large child and let any others of more adult sized bodies choose what they want by standing on boards, no matter how old they are.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
« Reply #1992 on: November 12, 2022, 05:17:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Have rails made (or not made) a significant impact on anybody’s skating?  I had a set laying around for like a year that I just threw on my current setup.  Plan to spend some quality time on them this weekend.  I mostly skate curbs and ledges so I feel like it is somewhat inevitable to go in this direction but it does make the board feel bulky.
[close]

Yeah rails are great, especially for your type of skating. I have a dedicated curb set up with two rails, and an atv type board with one toe side rail. even one rail makes a huge difference in the consistency on your slides. my local has a terrible, sticky flatbar that's impossible to slide without a rail unless you wax it a ton. with one raiil i can just lean forward a bit and slide through it.

Rails do make your board sound pretty dead sometimes and definitely adds some weight, but i think the trade off is worth it, and I just keep a "street" board for flips and grinds if i want to get *~*tech*~*

Also, keeping the graphic clean is sort of nice if it's one you like

@BartHarleyJarvis - what’s your rail-placement like for the setup with one rail?  Thinking about one-railing it on my next deck

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1122
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1993 on: November 12, 2022, 05:57:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Have rails made (or not made) a significant impact on anybody’s skating?  I had a set laying around for like a year that I just threw on my current setup.  Plan to spend some quality time on them this weekend.  I mostly skate curbs and ledges so I feel like it is somewhat inevitable to go in this direction but it does make the board feel bulky.
[close]

Yeah rails are great, especially for your type of skating. I have a dedicated curb set up with two rails, and an atv type board with one toe side rail. even one rail makes a huge difference in the consistency on your slides. my local has a terrible, sticky flatbar that's impossible to slide without a rail unless you wax it a ton. with one raiil i can just lean forward a bit and slide through it.

Rails do make your board sound pretty dead sometimes and definitely adds some weight, but i think the trade off is worth it, and I just keep a "street" board for flips and grinds if i want to get *~*tech*~*

[close]

@BartHarleyJarvis - what’s your rail-placement like for the setup with one rail?  Thinking about one-railing it on my next deck

@big_kev_215
 I run it slightly closer to the edge than I would if I’m running two rails. Seems like it gives you a bit more control, you can lean back a bit to get more of the board or lean forward to slide on the rail. Also gets a bit more action on feebles I think.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1994 on: November 12, 2022, 06:43:12 PM »
Re: boards being narrow, then wider in the 90's/2000's.  They were narrow as push back to the previous generations as well as the focus was to flip your board.  The trucks were lower, wheels smaller, so a narrower board made sense.  People were skating slower and doing pressure flips and stuff.  Skating was quite small too, with a lot less diversity, so everyone went in one direction together, including vert guys.  I think Rodney had a lot do with the modern day popsicle too.  World was the shit, everyone followed their lead.  Boards started getting wider in the early 2000's in the rail jockey phase.  Then there were some retro boards, then Welcome started doing the shaped boards and so on...and so on...

switchfakie

« Reply #1995 on: November 12, 2022, 07:50:40 PM »
has anybody here bought a japanese vx1000?

is $500 a good price? I've spent a while on ebay but im not familiar on whats a reasonable price
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 08:36:43 PM by switchfakie »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1996 on: November 12, 2022, 09:36:04 PM »
Disclaimer: I am not a physicist.

Wouldn't wider trucks wheelbite easier? With a longer lever wouldn't you need less force to get the same amount of movement of the lever? And then since the wheel has a smaller arc it hits faster?

big_kev_215

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1997 on: November 13, 2022, 07:20:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

@big_kev_215
 I run it slightly closer to the edge than I would if I’m running two rails. Seems like it gives you a bit more control, you can lean back a bit to get more of the board or lean forward to slide on the rail. Also gets a bit more action on feebles I think.

Word that makes sense.  Thank you

The rails really do unlock some tricks with little downside…

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #1998 on: November 13, 2022, 07:44:09 AM »

Wouldn't wider trucks wheelbite easier? With a longer lever wouldn't you need less force to get the same amount of movement of the lever? And then since the wheel has a smaller arc it hits faster?
Maybe on a flat deck but the concave makes a difference. In my experience on the same board narrower trucks hit the deck and wheelbite quicker and I always just assumed it's because the deck is closer to the wheels in the middle. further to the edge where wider trucks would put the wheels the deck is higher.

big_kev_215

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1999 on: November 13, 2022, 08:16:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Maybe on a flat deck but the concave makes a difference. In my experience on the same board narrower trucks hit the deck and wheelbite quicker and I always just assumed it's because the deck is closer to the wheels in the middle. further to the edge where wider trucks would put the wheels the deck is higher.

I don’t know how science works but I always pictured that when you skate a deck with narrower trucks relative to the board width, the edges of the deck are extending out further past the ends of the truck axles which is giving you more leverage into forcing the trucks to turn more easily, thus making it more surfy and potentially wheelbiting easier/quicker into the turn?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2000 on: November 13, 2022, 12:14:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I don’t know how science works but I always pictured that when you skate a deck with narrower trucks relative to the board width, the edges of the deck are extending out further past the ends of the truck axles which is giving you more leverage into forcing the trucks to turn more easily, thus making it more surfy and potentially wheelbiting easier/quicker into the turn?

At the indoor park, we have a completely flat concave old pig shaped 10" board that I have had to put almost 1/2" more in risers than any other normal concave board on the same 10" trucks and wheels, cause the wheelbite is so quick and deadly, when compared to any and every other board with concave.

Yes the wider trucks seem to give a quicker wheelbite, but only on boards that don't have much or enough concave, so as the concave keeps going up the wider the board is, this will allow for more turn with the wider trucks too, as per other boards we have set up, that seem to not have similar issues with wheelbite.

In the same way, boards with wheel wells allow for so much more turn, even if it is just a single mm difference, so putting wheel wells into a deck might be a better option before putting risers on, for anyone who still wants a lower ride.  I have found that wheel wells offset about 1/8" worth of risers for the boards I have done that to.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2001 on: November 13, 2022, 12:33:11 PM »
Ya I don't get it, I switched up to 149s cuz I thought they would be more stable, but I'm getting more wheelbite. I only switched hangers- same plates, bushings, and washers. Thunders. Same exact shape- BBS 8.38s/DLX 8.25, same wheels even.

Musicaldeath107

• Rep: 122
« Reply #2002 on: November 14, 2022, 01:10:14 PM »
Winter has arrived on the east coast. Last 2 days skating have been in the 30s.

What does everyone think are the best cold weather bushings?

I used Venture stock on Sunday and blue Doh Doh's today.  Doh Doh's were definitely better than stock Venture but I know the new Royal bushings are far better than either.

So yeah anything aftermarket as good as those Royal bushings?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2003 on: November 14, 2022, 01:36:58 PM »
Ace bushings seem to work exactly the same for me whatever the weather is (-10°C to +35°C at least)

switchfakie

« Reply #2004 on: November 14, 2022, 02:41:07 PM »
Ace bushings seem to work exactly the same for me whatever the weather is (-10°C to +35°C at least)

where do you store your board tho?

if i left my board in my car, i would notice changes in my bushings based off temperature (cold especially)

but if i left my board in my house and went to the park, i never noticed a difference, regardless of the temperature outside, hot or cold

Musicaldeath107

• Rep: 122
« Reply #2005 on: November 14, 2022, 04:08:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if i left my board in my car, i would notice changes in my bushings based off temperature (cold especially)

but if i left my board in my house and went to the park, i never noticed a difference, regardless of the temperature outside, hot or cold

I keep mine in my house always.  They freeze gradually for sure but still noticable.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #2006 on: November 14, 2022, 04:14:27 PM »

That’s wild. I love my Ace but I definitely must tighten or loosen them considerably depending on the weather.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2007 on: November 14, 2022, 06:11:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Usually inside but sometimes there’s no choice and it’s in the trunk. Never noticed any issues with it being in the trunk even at -25°C and going skating the indoor park right afterwards.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #2008 on: November 14, 2022, 11:05:15 PM »
I'm kinda curious why my 149 indys have the extra bolt pattern in them when I've heard they're only only 159s and up. Granted I got them like 4 years ago, but I can't find any similar ones anywhere now. Probably a big nothing burger but yeah just curious. I definitely see why they changed the pattern cause I've almost noselid right through the extra drilled holes.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #2009 on: November 14, 2022, 11:21:48 PM »
I'm kinda curious why my 149 indys have the extra bolt pattern in them when I've heard they're only only 159s and up. Granted I got them like 4 years ago, but I can't find any similar ones anywhere now. Probably a big nothing burger but yeah just curious. I definitely see why they changed the pattern cause I've almost noselid right through the extra drilled holes.
A) are they definatly 149s b) are they first hand c) is there any chance you swapped the baseplate and forgot d) is there a chance they are fakes