Author Topic: Hours is yours shoes  (Read 5707 times)

mamba

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 134
  • Sucka free
Re: Hours is yours shoes
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2022, 07:08:05 AM »
Last resorts are cool. these are not.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2022, 07:53:11 AM »
Nah logos are dead they certainly ruin a lot of good fits. If someone is sponsored it's understandable but the attatchment to companies and marketing weirds me out more and more.
Side thought, would the vans wave on shoes like old skools or sk8 his be considered logos or design elements? They don't register to me as traditional logos such as the swoosh or three stripes for some reason. At the very least its a logo that is integrated into most of their models in a way that makes sense imo.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2022, 08:14:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Nah logos are dead they certainly ruin a lot of good fits. If someone is sponsored it's understandable but the attatchment to companies and marketing weirds me out more and more.
[close]
Side thought, would the vans wave on shoes like old skools or sk8 his be considered logos or design elements? They don't register to me as traditional logos such as the swoosh or three stripes for some reason. At the very least its a logo that is integrated into most of their models in a way that makes sense imo.

personally i see it as a design element but it does toe the line of brand logo/element at this point with it's history. take it off the shoe and put it on something else like a shirt with no other vans branding and it's just a wave thing that i MIGHT say 'hey that looks like that vans stripe' but it's not as recognizable as a logo, like their V for instance they use as their siteicon.

bonus, here's what vans has to say on the site
The Sk8-Hi was introduced in 1978 as Style 38, and showcased the now-iconic Vans Sidestripe on a new, innovative high top silhouette. As only the second model featuring the recognizable marker formerly known as the “jazz stripe,” ...

WideFeet

• Rep: 81
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2022, 09:31:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
seems pretty uninspired and out of touch with the skate industry when you compare it to last resort
[close]

Why compare it to Last Resort? Also, there is nothing original about Last Resort. So, saying Hours is uninspired means nothing.

I like both brands. Neither brand is bringing any original designs to the table though.
[close]

They're both taking the skater-owned, alternative to corporate shoe brands angle. pretty clear comparison.

last resort has a unique team, cool up-close skate photos and art that go with their marketing, and a vision of skating that comes across as unique, clear, and coherent.

the images on hours IG and website look like they're advertising a fast fashion subscription box or watches. the loafer shoe is original, sure, but wouldn't be caught dead wearing it.
[close]

The only comparison you can make is that they’re both skater owned. If you’re going to compare Last Resort and Hours, why not throw in the other skater owned skate shoe brands?

The loafer shoe isn’t original either. Vans has done it, Globe has one currently, and I’m pretty sure Dylan had one on Gravis with a razor blade on it?

I’ve seen both shoes in person. Hours seemed to be better quality materials. Haven’t skated either, so I couldn’t really tell you. People obviously love Last Resort. Hours definitely isn’t fast fashion. They’re great quality.

I’ll be stoked to try them both out in the future.
[close]

in the grand scheme of things, you can definitely say there are other skater owned brands that have props in their own right (ex. sole tech brands, lakai) but i think the reason why that dude originally compared HRS to Last Resort was because they are two newer skater-owned brands. you can also use Li-Ning and Braille (i guess) but yeah..

LRAB just had an insane amount of hype leading up to the release, and sold pretty decently once they were out. they did a good job of teasing what was to come and having a well rounded team and a cohesive vision certainly helped. they had the marketing and it's been working out for them thus far.

HRS just seemed to pop out of nowhere other than Herman briefly mentioning it in interviews. i like the look of one of their shoes, but they are priced a lil higher than LR. as mentioned too, their whole rollout doesn't look that great.

yeah sure they both lack in design, but people would most likely gravitate towards Last Resort than HRS.

imo, if HRS didn't have Herman backing it, would it have a chance? seems to be relying on him mostly cause other than that there's no team, no video or photos of the shoes being skated. there just seems to be no general interest. on SLAP, the talk of LRAB before they came out vs. the talk of HRS before they came out, seemed to be more in favour of the former. would younger skaters prefer Last Resort or HRS? when boxing day came a couple weeks ago, stores we're already 30-40% these off when they just came out.

just a take.
[close]

Hours and HRS are 2 different companies.

Hours will be priced between $80-$90. Last Resort is priced at $85-$95 from what I’ve seen. They seem to be pretty comparable in pricing. I’m guessing when you said Hours were priced higher than Last Resort, you thought Hours and HRS were the same company.
[close]

I pulled the prices from a Canadian shop that carried both LR and HRS (Is Yours), a $5-10 more than LR in Canada. I guess not TOO much.

with the name confusion aside my opinion still stands. is Hours is Yours affiliated with HRS or are they two separate companies with similar names that Herman is affiliated with?

Not sure why they’re so much more in Canada. I pulled pricing from America.

2 different companies. HRS is an acronym. Human Recreational Services.

I can see how it’s confusing though. Especially since they both make loafers. Hours is actually making dress shoes as well. Like, not skatable dress shoes

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2022, 02:34:53 PM »
I'm down for it tbh as long as they don't forget their mission statement. I find that when brands are like "YEAH WE'RE ANTI CORPORATE, GIVE US MONEY" and push hard on that fact, they tend to act like corporate brands.

What makes LR stand out to me is that they don't make those sort of claims (at least to my knowledge) but instead let the quality of their products speak for them (which Pontus talks about in his Jenkem interview).

These remind me a lot of the Supra Greco dress skate shoes.

metiche666

• Rep: 2
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2022, 07:27:21 PM »
I like the lifestyle/skate demographic they got going on but the roll out is kinda off on the skate end.

Herman is the only one officially on but they keep promoting it with old Emerica clips. Ive seen more footage of ben nordberg skating them on his stories and he's not even officially on the "team".

I don't skate vulc but willing to try it.

biggietoms

• Rep: 8
  • take acid
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2022, 08:45:20 PM »
Vans stripe is def a logo.

Like imagine post gravis/pre huf  Dylan wearing old skools instead of eras/authentics/veronas

gross

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2022, 09:44:30 PM »
Pretty disappointing for two years of hype

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2022, 07:15:31 AM »
these are still the same shots of the shoes that have been around for like a year.

i like the shoes, but not enough to be hyped on them. the two-toned blazer like shoe looks comfy tho. overall rather boring, but if they offer a decent blazer alternative, i'd consider buying a pair.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2022, 08:40:54 AM »
LingLing China money

Some casual racism

nothing's been the since same

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2022, 07:04:20 AM »
Untitled by , on Flickr

G-code hours remake

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2022, 07:09:10 AM »
that was for me personally one of the best shoes ever. fuck, i might have a skatable all black pair in the storage unit.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2022, 07:42:48 AM »

G-code hours remake

Now that's what I'm talking about. Why the hell were these shoes not in the first drop or even teased? Hopefully they are actually to be released and not just some special batch for himself.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2196
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2022, 09:00:36 AM »
Completely pointless shoe company. Doesn't provide a single thing that is missing in any way in skate shoes. Add to that the discussed roll out and painful out of touch marketing with posting 10 year old skate clips of someone wearing a different shoe brand and the overall vibe that "looks like they're advertising a fast fashion subscription box or watches." as HyperBeam nailed and this is just a big WTF to me.

There's actually so many niches that could be filled in skate footwear if someone approached it in a proper way with a well thought out plan. Meanwhile you have the other skater owned brands such as Emerica which just keeps making the same shoe and doesn't appeal to me because I don't wear 3/4 sleeve shirts, eS which is just a fucking mess of mashing all the worst things about 2000s eS together, bargain rack looking State, and all the others blowing it. If all that is skater owned, I'll stick to Reeboks and Pumas, thanks.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2150
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2022, 04:13:50 PM »
…I'll stick to Reeboks and Pumas, thanks.
These Club Cs are pure fire to skate in. I’m also running some Puma Astro Kicks (indoor soccer) and they’re not too bad. I’m hoping the double thick toe loosens up a bit as they break in, but like I said, not too shabby. Both pairs under $30 USD each, shipped, new w/ box, on the eBays.
Why pay so much when you can look so fresh while paying so little, feel me?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2022, 04:19:52 PM »
Skateable elf shoes with a jingle bell on the end is a niche that hasn't been explored.

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2022, 01:04:46 AM »
Skateable elf shoes with a jingle bell on the end is a niche that hasn't been explored.

hit up burbleburry on insta

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2022, 01:28:12 AM »

Can't really see a difference

disappointed

• Rep: 100
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2022, 04:56:40 AM »

They look great imo. Names a bit rubbish, but hardly a deal breaker. I’d try them out.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CY_IVT8svKJ/?utm_medium=copy_link

New footy...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CVWinSxJQ9T/?utm_medium=copy_link

Captain Creampie

• Rep: -8
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2022, 07:55:28 AM »
 I've actually been skating a pair of the Cohiba Vulc's ... if i compare to a Last resort, i haven't had to change the insole. For Vans slip on the fit is way better, more durable and haven't caused blisters which has been prior experiences. If anything they feel very close to a Janoski Slip.
 I'm not quite getting the hate here. Yeah been plugging the same images for 6 months, but when i asked my local store they told me seemingly the same distribution issues all brands are currently facing therefore caused shipping delays, the shoes were meant to have arrived 6 months ago.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2022, 06:23:07 AM »
i checked out their shoes on skatedeluxe and they look well made. they are 5-10 bucks more expensive than similar models other than the non-skate ones that have a dress shoe or boot sole, which break the hundo mark. ngl i would try the c71 model in a mid version, could be a good blazer replacement.

i think it's sick we are seeing at least more diversity in small shoe brands again, even if the designs are kinda standard. from the perspective of older skaters that want logoless and less corporate, but still well made alternatives to nike blazers or cons chucks, it's a good thing brands like this and lrab exist. they can still branch out into more original styles later when they have some sort of fanbase that will go along with it. probably smarter to make a discrete court shoe or loafer that could be worn by anyone in terms of longer staying power.

EDIT:

looking a bit closer, i take back the well made. i mean the materials look really good, but that cut on the heeltab is pretty wonky.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2022, 07:18:13 AM »
I'm really liking that Herman g-code remake. If they make those in a 13 (or make a 13 at all) I'd give them a shot. I miss the days of lots of shoe brands being in the market. I hope they succeed.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2022, 09:07:30 PM »
Anyone copped or seen these in the wild yet?

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2022, 06:29:21 AM »
Bout to get me a hemp and patchouli scented $55 candle

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2022, 06:37:32 AM »
I'm surprised that the name of this company is grammatically incorrect.

It should be Hours ARE Yours shoes, not Hours IS yours shoes.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2022, 11:37:11 AM »
Anyone copped or seen these in the wild yet?
Waiting to see them also.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2196
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2022, 12:07:00 PM »

Hours R' Yers

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2022, 12:37:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hours R' Yers

Danny DeVito voice "whores"

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2022, 01:30:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Hours R' Yers
[close]

Danny DeVito voice "whores"
blac youngsta voice
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Coldpizza

• Rep: 146
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2022, 01:11:23 PM »
Had anyone gotten a pair?
I’m thinking about getting a pair of these, and am wondering how they fit.

https://shop.ccs.com/collections/hours-is-yours/products/hours-is-yours-cohiba-l30-shoes-black-black

A size 9.5 Dunk is great for my foot shape/size.
Thanks Pals
¯\_(ツ)_/¯