Author Topic: baker has a deathwish 2  (Read 80417 times)

NoComply180

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -464
  • Objectivity police
Re: baker has a deathwish 2
« Reply #840 on: February 08, 2024, 07:11:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Everyone’s talking shit on Stu who’s been consistently wearing power violence band shirts for over a decade, way before every poser in skating started wearing Dystopia tees, but no one’s going to mention Jon Dickson wearing a cuck white boy soft rock Whitney shirt?
[close]

this is facts
[close]
are you guys friends with this random ass guy or something? I had never heard of Stu until this part, much less had any knowledge of what shirts he wears.

Jon Dickson can wear whatever he wants because he’s been killing it for 10+ years
[close]

I’m very confused by the ppl who have 3000+ posts on here and still don’t know who someone like Stu Kirst is.
[close]
the sheer quantity of people who are nerdy enough to register an account on an archaic forum dedicated to a fifteen-years-defunct skateboarding magazine and log on daily yet somehow don’t know shit about skateboarding will always fascinate me
[close]

True, I’m not connected enough to know who’s on Hardbody, but I’ve clocked Stu’s name since the first 917 video
[close]

To be fair he’s been in a great many videos that don’t show the names of the skaters.
[close]
what about the fact that there’s like 15 fucking million brands these days with 10-20 riders per brand and half of them wear the same shit, skate the same house spots and do the same tricks. it’s like naming every single nfl player, whether they ever actually play or just get benched every game. & then as mentioned above, they aren’t given credentials on their footage to even learn their name to begin with. like calling some guy off the bench to go play once and not even announcing his name, how the fuck would you know who he is? cut people some slack.

It’s like if DGK videos didn’t have people’s names come on screen. How would I be expected to distinguish the 47568th person doing switch crooks halfcab flip to a pop smoke song or whatever? Except with the videos Stu’s apparently been in it would be distinguishing the 47568th person to skate a bump to bar outside a bodega or do a ride on grind in midtown or some shit.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #841 on: February 08, 2024, 08:17:47 AM »
Baker/Deathwish has done lost its allure. I’m glad Antwuan has a few clips.

type

• Rep: -51
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #842 on: February 08, 2024, 08:29:22 AM »
Made it a minute in first kid was ass then turned that shit off
I’m stuck in Fresno rn. behind that circle k across from Wendy’s

Dusty

• Rep: -9
« Reply #843 on: February 08, 2024, 08:36:47 AM »

Doubt it

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #844 on: February 08, 2024, 11:42:25 AM »

so edgy. need a hug?

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 779
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #845 on: February 08, 2024, 12:04:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Everyone’s talking shit on Stu who’s been consistently wearing power violence band shirts for over a decade, way before every poser in skating started wearing Dystopia tees, but no one’s going to mention Jon Dickson wearing a cuck white boy soft rock Whitney shirt?
[close]

this is facts
[close]
are you guys friends with this random ass guy or something? I had never heard of Stu until this part, much less had any knowledge of what shirts he wears.

Jon Dickson can wear whatever he wants because he’s been killing it for 10+ years
[close]

I’m very confused by the ppl who have 3000+ posts on here and still don’t know who someone like Stu Kirst is.
[close]
the sheer quantity of people who are nerdy enough to register an account on an archaic forum dedicated to a fifteen-years-defunct skateboarding magazine and log on daily yet somehow don’t know shit about skateboarding will always fascinate me

Can someone link me the post of that guy who after 10000 posts or whatever learned that a fs bigspin is a fs180+fsshovit

Insane stuff, wish i could find it

RoughStylin

• Rep: 36
« Reply #846 on: February 08, 2024, 12:13:33 PM »
Agree that Dustin, Riley and Jake’s tricks should’ve been in the meat of the video. The disrespect to give neckface a minute and leave out actual riders.

Shortys Hardware

• Rep: 113
« Reply #847 on: February 08, 2024, 12:17:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

this is facts
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Can someone link me the post of that guy who after 10000 posts or whatever learned that a fs bigspin is a fs180+fsshovit

Insane stuff, wish i could find it

This cant be real...??

Tireeedd

• Rep: 86
« Reply #848 on: February 08, 2024, 03:16:53 PM »
Agree that Dustin, Riley and Jake’s tricks should’ve been in the meat of the video. The disrespect to give neckface a minute and leave out actual riders.

I mean neck actually does a lot for the brand as a whole and if you don't recall all the mid skating in BHAD 1 then you don't get the point of the video

Banned from the room

« Reply #849 on: February 08, 2024, 03:33:46 PM »
im just going to come out and say what everyone is thinking.  Jon Dickson is Dylan if Dylan was never team handsome

That's a great take but I'd say Dylan did not have a trick vocabulary like as vast as the mighty Dixon

JD is one of my favorites

Stu and Vince are going to be super stars in my opinion. I wish Stu wore a more cooler shoe tho.

opesorry

• Rep: 21
« Reply #850 on: February 08, 2024, 03:35:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I mean neck actually does a lot for the brand as a whole and if you don't recall all the mid skating in BHAD 1 then you don't get the point of the video

That’s what I’ve been thinking the whole time. Just enjoy it

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 96
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #851 on: February 09, 2024, 04:23:49 AM »
Casper has to learn casper stalls or whats the point

He should really work on his ghost pop or what's the point

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #852 on: February 09, 2024, 04:26:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

At least, he seems friendly

Dick Dastardly

• Rep: 11
  • Muttley!!!
« Reply #853 on: February 09, 2024, 06:11:55 AM »
Very good video. Have only watched once so far but will rewatch a few times when I get some time.

Quick thoughts being:

Reynolds is undoubtedly the best thing that ever happened to skateboarding.

The way Dickson can execute tricks is unreal.

Foy is on some otherworldly shit.

Ellington is the style god.

Elissa still ripping brings a tear to the eye.

Zion is gonna be something special.

Baker has been at the top (or thereabouts)  of the food chain for 25 years, leaving all the old heavy hitting brands in their wake. The block letter boards still look impeccable in footage.

“Physics like a motherfucker” was perfect hyjinx, beagle deserves the world.

Muttley!!!!

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 779
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #854 on: February 09, 2024, 09:17:56 AM »
Soundtrack was ass though aside from lou reed, wayne throwback and Reynolds kinks song

KrisJolson

« Reply #855 on: February 09, 2024, 10:38:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

what lol

he not your friend bud

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #856 on: February 09, 2024, 12:24:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

what lol

he not your friend bud

Is he not?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casper_the_Friendly_Ghost

I’m pretty sure he is. Even Daniel Johnston did think so, although his father might not agree on that take

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 104
« Reply #857 on: February 14, 2024, 04:56:51 AM »
Watched it yesterday and loved every minute of it

My favourite part was probably that STU guy

Watching Neckface skating to juicy j was offputting and shouldn't have been done

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #858 on: February 14, 2024, 02:05:00 PM »
Watched it yesterday and loved every minute of it

My favourite part was probably that STU guy

Watching Neckface skating to juicy j was offputting and shouldn't have been done
Fixed it for you