Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 392277 times)

weed420, dallou and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

billy english

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -32
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2022, 03:02:54 PM »
gifted hater the type of nigga to get his bike stolen and say the thief will enjoy it more than me.
gifted hater the type of nigga to piss im the popcorn.

Flip260z

• Rep: 7
« Reply #121 on: February 02, 2022, 05:34:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Found it
[close]

Holy shit
[close]

lol Someone please photoshop some headphones on that

Shitty attempt but best I can do lol

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2022, 12:36:43 AM »
Ok I’ve watched a bunch of his vids and I really like him, but would hate to be on his shit list. He puts together pretty good, rational arguments and doesn’t hold back.

Fills a “You Will Soon blog” sized gap in my internet life that’s been empty for a long time.

FactoryMinimum

• Rep: -4
« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2022, 05:29:31 PM »
Enjoyed his new vid quite a bit. I hate the hat tho.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2022, 06:03:14 PM »

Ur just a h8r

gabba ghoul

• Rep: -12
« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2022, 06:04:59 PM »
watched him play 2 games of SKATE on dumb data's channel. i'mma keep it nifty on 50, hater's got flatground guns. more interesting to me is dumb data. dude crunches numbers and has a sort of knowledge about skating but then he doesn't know a noseblunt from a noseslide. or he thought weck's nose manual didn't count because he popped a trick out nollie as opposed to pressure nollie off the end. and he called a fs 180 nosegrind a 'fs 180 to bs nosegrind'. sounds like he really knows as much about skating as you can from videos, video games and maybe friends who skate.
is there a dumb data thread?

FactoryMinimum

• Rep: -4
« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2022, 06:10:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ur just a h8r

Hail Satan.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #127 on: February 06, 2022, 07:10:55 PM »
watched him play 2 games of SKATE on dumb data's channel. i'mma keep it nifty on 50, hater's got flatground guns. more interesting to me is dumb data. dude crunches numbers and has a sort of knowledge about skating but then he doesn't know a noseblunt from a noseslide. or he thought weck's nose manual didn't count because he popped a trick out nollie as opposed to pressure nollie off the end. and he called a fs 180 nosegrind a 'fs 180 to bs nosegrind'. sounds like he really knows as much about skating as you can from videos, video games and maybe friends who skate.
is there a dumb data thread?
Yeah I notice he gets tricks wrong constantly. Even taking account for the different ways people name tricks he still comes out with some bogus names. I'd have to give him a pass just based on the volume of stuff he has to say.
Super out there theory just for fun that is almost certainly not true: dumb data is gifted hater and they both change the pitch of their voice higher or lower

thanksgiving

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2022, 08:11:06 PM »
Expand Quote
His vocal timbre is unfortunate, but he has good takes. His skating is about at the level of pro-for-Frog, which I did not expect.
[close]

I think you’re overhyping gifted hater and under hyping frogs teams. Joa isn’t doing shit like nick, franky and evan
Nick somehow, is the only one of those guys with a Frog board... it's criminal...

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2022, 01:31:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I actually dig that hat ,its hilarious actually

Ur just a h8r

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2022, 02:21:32 AM »
Ok I’ve watched a bunch of his vids and I really like him, but would hate to be on his shit list. He puts together pretty good, rational arguments and doesn’t hold back.

Fills a “You Will Soon blog” sized gap in my internet life that’s been empty for a long time.

GH shouting out the @Watson You Will Soon Biebel vid is good shit.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 05:31:37 AM by radcunt »

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2022, 03:34:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

GH shouting out the @Watson You Will Soon Biebel vid is good shit.
Also it seemed like the You Will Soon blog might've been before Gifted Hater's time, which is a trip.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2022, 07:27:05 AM »
bodied him

Sammich

• Rep: 2
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2022, 08:08:12 AM »

switchfakie

Tireeedd

• Rep: 65

HeapsCool

• Rep: -171
« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2022, 04:20:12 AM »
Took me a while to get past the voice and youtube reaction format but he's great. Well thought out, interesting and funny. I'm a fan.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2022, 10:04:03 AM »
can't always make it to the end of his videos, semi-frequently disagree with his opinions, but overall the kid is 10000% more tolerable than the average skate youtuber

the "social media skateboarders" vid above is funny at first but way too long. it's basically "i don't want to judge what george poulous is into... but in my humble opinion his videos absolutely suck and everything he stands for is wack, here's 30 minutes explaining why." kid absolutely demolishes poor georgy tho, no doubt about it.

and i'm not hating on poulous either, the guy is pretty kooky but his trick tutorials are actually better than average

made me wonder how people feel about zack dowdy. guy is definitely guilty of a little youtuber cringe, but again, far less corny than most others

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2022, 10:10:01 AM »
Kid has one of the better British accents i've heard from an American in a while.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2022, 10:26:02 AM »
I started watching this kid at some point during the pandemic while I was home and immobile from surgery... I'm automatically a fan of any skate rat that's willing to stir the pot, and along with him causing me to genuinely laugh, I was also really impressed on his grasp on skate history for being such a young cat.

YT is basically my television, and I'm just too old to enjoy those crispy clean skater vlogger kids... his content is really refreshing to have when scrolling past thumbnails of uninspired skate-related drivel to help feed the YT algorithm.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2022, 10:46:30 AM »
Kid has one of the better British accents i've heard from an American in a while.

I think hes from england or at least his parents are he’s mentioned they did theater there

I actually thought his last video was hilarious after all the shit he says about cariuma , him being a little pissed he couldnt get a pair of those razer collabs shoes was good

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 164
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2022, 02:19:00 PM »
I started watching this kid at some point during the pandemic while I was home and immobile from surgery... I'm automatically a fan of any skate rat that's willing to stir the pot, and along with him causing me to genuinely laugh, I was also really impressed on his grasp on skate history for being such a young cat.

YT is basically my television, and I'm just too old to enjoy those crispy clean skater vlogger kids... his content is really refreshing to have when scrolling past thumbnails of uninspired skate-related drivel to help feed the YT algorithm.

I click the "Don't show me videos from this channel" button. Keeps my algorithm clean. I'm not logged in at work so they pop up but that just lets me know that I'm not missing anything

I'll watch GH if I've watched everything else same with dumb data but rarely

hotdogsweatpants

• Rep: 67
« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2022, 04:12:45 AM »
made me wonder how people feel about zack dowdy. guy is definitely guilty of a little youtuber cringe, but again, far less corny than most others

Being basically the only transition-based Youtuber (apart from Chad Caruso), I used to really like Zack Dowdy.  His trick tips were good, he seemed cool and I liked his general outlook (Al Brunelle also fucking rips).  This would probably be 2020-ish.  As soon as he moved to daily/much more frequent uploads though, I think he dropped off significantly.  His videos became much more low effort and way more 'Youtubey'.  A shame, really.

Also I find it infuriating when he says "You guys'es opinion", lol.

My favourite skate Youtuber bar none is Jon Bishop.  He is a 47 year-old English geezer who started skating at 44.  He is a bit corny (not in the usual click-bait Youtube way, though), but I am here for it.  His progression, dedication and obvious love of skateboarding is, for me, highly inspirational. The guy is a legend. He skates transition (like me) and is currently learning to skate vert.
The pant situation is out of control at this point

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2022, 01:47:32 PM »
Into any old dudetuber. Thanks for the recommend.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2022, 08:41:24 PM »
Hahahaha does anyone remember watching that dude drewsdays on YouTube back in the day? Gifted hater is basically the modern equivalent lmfao.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 01:26:03 AM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2022, 11:25:56 PM »
Hahahaha does anyone remember watching that dude drewsdays on YouTube growing up? Gifted hater is basically the modern equivalent lmfao.

Man i used to watch skate fillet every week then all the sudden drew wanted to be a cop/bus driver or something and Jeffrey Epsteined his channel

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2022, 02:22:22 AM »
those youtube guys he is dissing are dying, no need to beat up a dead horse, most of them are irrelevant now
check my music

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 770
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2022, 02:38:35 AM »
those youtube guys he is dissing are dying, no need to beat up a dead horse, most of them are irrelevant now

that's my only gripe, conformist takes + everything he critiques is low hanging fruit. Same time I don't really mind, I imagine his audience overlaps with those YouTubers', and he's just there helping them transition into the good stuff.

he's more of a 9club then a bunt kinda act as much as he wishes he wasnt

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1217
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2022, 04:50:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Hahahaha does anyone remember watching that dude drewsdays on YouTube growing up? Gifted hater is basically the modern equivalent lmfao.
[close]

Man i used to watch skate fillet every week then all the sudden drew wanted to be a cop/bus driver or something and Jeffrey Epsteined his channel

I really liked when it was Grant and Mike.  The dude Drew was obnoxious and aggressively unfunny.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.