Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 397667 times)

itsmarksdad

Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #1290 on: November 26, 2022, 07:45:52 PM »
Expand Quote
not sure why the skate community is even talking about this guy. I know he actively skateboards but no one is talking about his skateboarding so why is he in discussion? Does skateboarding need critics like the music industry or movies? I'd say no. Let's stop talking about him.
[close]
Nobody's forcing you to be here, shoo

I had a whole well thought out response to you but, I'll sum it up with a, fuck you.

Shoo? Who the fuck says that? Are you a child? Unless your adding to the conversation, shut the fuck up. Shoo? Nobody asked for your dumb fucking response either. The topic of the thread is 'Thoughts on...' What are you missing? I am anticipating your response.

The.Skate.Father

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #1291 on: November 26, 2022, 08:30:18 PM »
GH is straight comedy for me.... I don't take it to serious, like most of what I watch.
Just call me Daddy.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
« Reply #1292 on: November 26, 2022, 09:05:21 PM »
Expand Quote
hes just saying the same shit we all say here, plus he kinda rips

don't see what everyone's big problem with this guy is
[close]

The difference is we aren't trying to monetize our shit talk like this fucking gossipy parasite lol.

There’s a banner ad at the top of every page.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1293 on: November 26, 2022, 09:06:06 PM »
He’s literally like Ride Channel in that he just takes popular Slap threads and tries to make money off them.

Jenkem and half of “skate Twitter” does this same shit.

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1294 on: November 26, 2022, 10:58:13 PM »
I like the thoughts,
Concepts are nuanced,
I appreciate that he discourages fans from bullying targets of his satire,
We all love to shit-talk other skaters, especially sponsored ones,
He does it better than any other public figures and most people I've met.

Also his aesthetic insights are solid, often teach me something. I think I learned somewhere he studied art for a while and it shows.
Him and Ted switch bsts are the most interesting op-eds in skating imo.
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #1295 on: November 27, 2022, 12:18:43 PM »
I bet you he’s never seen digital smoke and mirrors

thanksgiving

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #1296 on: November 27, 2022, 04:57:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
not sure why the skate community is even talking about this guy. I know he actively skateboards but no one is talking about his skateboarding so why is he in discussion? Does skateboarding need critics like the music industry or movies? I'd say no. Let's stop talking about him.
[close]
[close]

I had a whole well thought out response to you but, I'll sum it up with a, fuck you.

Shoo? Who the fuck says that? Are you a child? Unless your adding to the conversation, shut the fuck up. Shoo? Nobody asked for your dumb fucking response either. The topic of the thread is 'Thoughts on...' What are you missing? I am anticipating your response.
the irony in this post... itsmarksdad you seem like a well rounded and self aware individual

ig i can say the same about myself making this post, the cycle continues
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 05:07:20 PM by thanksgiving »

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #1297 on: November 27, 2022, 05:09:13 PM »
I, too, went down a Sam Hyde wormhole awhile back.  And while he’s a shitbag for the most part, the fake documentary where he trolled the other youtuber making a documentary about him was pretty funny.  Anything in which a youtuber/influencer gets clowned upon is solid by me.

dill8849

• Rep: -41
« Reply #1298 on: November 27, 2022, 05:13:27 PM »
The fact that this thread is 44 pages and counting means his content is working.

vinithebr

• Rep: -23
« Reply #1299 on: November 27, 2022, 05:42:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Wait, you think that was a heated response from me? That's hilarious, and nice job accusing me of being a child while spamming fucks to show how much of an adult you are.

You come to the thread to tell what others should do like you own the place... "let's stop talking about him". Shitty posts deserve shitty replies.

Steve Kelly

• Rep: -227
« Reply #1300 on: November 27, 2022, 06:48:30 PM »
I assume Anyone with half a brain and at least a halfway decent sense of humor finds his shit amusing.
Hard to see the problem with a bit of comedy in the skate world. Let’s not overthink it here.

TheVisitor

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1301 on: November 27, 2022, 07:04:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

The difference is we aren't trying to monetize our shit talk like this fucking gossipy parasite lol.
[close]

I meant "we" as the individual posters on this site.

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 272
  • often correct
« Reply #1302 on: November 28, 2022, 04:16:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

right, you’re monetizing content for high speed production

streetmeat

• Rep: 171
« Reply #1303 on: November 28, 2022, 04:45:29 AM »
I assume Anyone with half a brain and at least a halfway decent sense of humor finds his shit amusing.
Hard to see the problem with a bit of comedy in the skate world. Let’s not overthink it here.

this.

also, the fact that Hsu and Ryan Lay seemingly ride for him and hes getting sci fi gear feels pretty telling. hard to believe they would align themselves with a boogy man yall are making him out to be.

to me gh is the ol’ “hes just saying shit we all say in our group chats”

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1304 on: November 28, 2022, 05:22:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
right, you’re monetizing content for high speed production

It’s more noble this way.

lilyung

• Rep: -8
« Reply #1305 on: November 28, 2022, 02:35:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

@markszaddy Lol chill dude. I'm pretty sure the "shoo" thing was just @vinithebr being facetious.

They were effectively saying "oh you don't like GH because he's critical... when why you on a SLAP?"

This forum is largely centered around banter, critiquing, and discourse; so for your initial comment to be so anti criticism is pretty funny

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1306 on: November 28, 2022, 02:43:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this.

also, the fact that Hsu and Ryan Lay seemingly ride for him and hes getting sci fi gear feels pretty telling. hard to believe they would align themselves with a boogy man yall are making him out to be.

to me gh is the ol’ “hes just saying shit we all say in our group chats”

Spot on, Gifted bruh if you're reading this hit me up when you're in Cincy I'll show you our best spots

welcometohelp

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1307 on: November 28, 2022, 02:44:19 PM »

who da thunk it

• Rep: -79
« Reply #1308 on: November 28, 2022, 03:14:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

@markszaddy Lol chill dude. I'm pretty sure the "shoo" thing was just @vinithebr being facetious.

They were effectively saying "oh you don't like GH because he's critical... when why you on a SLAP?"

This forum is largely centered around banter, critiquing, and discourse; so for your initial comment to be so anti criticism is pretty funny

itsmarksdad is upset and he's taking it out on GH and the people in this thread

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #1309 on: November 28, 2022, 10:40:25 PM »
GH can you make a new video just so this thread gets less shit?

Make it about Jahs new part or something. Literally anything.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #1310 on: November 29, 2022, 04:41:25 AM »
GH can you make a video about this thread?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1311 on: November 29, 2022, 05:51:20 AM »
I'm sure he'll be making a vid about Nyjah again soon, I mean think about the views it'll get.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1312 on: November 29, 2022, 06:12:13 AM »
He is a startlingly unproductive YouTuber.

FUBAR

• Rep: 235
« Reply #1313 on: November 29, 2022, 08:55:43 AM »
I just can’t watch this shit. But I’m older. I couldn’t sit there and nitpick shit that I could never do. I’d feel like a douche.

MyLegHurts

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1314 on: November 29, 2022, 10:50:56 AM »

The algorithm suggested this to me. He touches a bit on the Tyshawn x GH scandal. So silly, yet awesome, that I'm in my office procrastinating by watching/reading about skate gossip.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #1315 on: November 29, 2022, 11:27:17 AM »
For someone who has said it's his main source of income, he certainly doesn't seem to worry about uploading consistently.

Get hungry on it!

Giftedly Hater’d

• Rep: 414
« Reply #1316 on: November 29, 2022, 11:42:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
For someone who has said it's his main source of income, he certainly doesn't seem to worry about uploading consistently.

Isn’t the main driver of YouTubers’ frequent uploads the fear that they get would shuffled down by the algorithm? Obv revenue stream is also a motivating factor, but GH doesn’t seem to be facing much competition for the lane that he’s in, so maybe he doesn’t feel threatened into over producing content.  I don’t know a ton about this shit, but just thinking outloud  based on the little that I do know.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1214
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1317 on: November 29, 2022, 11:43:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Isn’t the main driver of YouTubers’ frequent uploads the fear that they get would shuffled down by the algorithm? Obv revenue stream is also a motivating factor, but GH doesn’t seem to be facing much competition for the lane that he’s in, so maybe he doesn’t feel threatened into over producing content.  I don’t know a ton about this shit, but just thinking outloud  based on the little that I do know.
he has patreon too and with what I assume has a fair amount of subscribers

Okay so 1700 subscribers and it’s either $5 or $10 a month depending on which subscription you get. So 8500 a month at the least

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #1318 on: November 29, 2022, 11:58:27 AM »
It sounds like he streams on Twitch a lot, so I think that’s his main platform. I’d often get suggested channels called “GH clips” that would post footage from twitch.

Pretty amazing to think that he probably earns more per month than a lot of mid-tier pro skaters just by talking some shit a couple times a week.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #1319 on: November 29, 2022, 01:38:35 PM »
So according this site he makes between 223 and 489 $ per month from twitch subscribers.
His patreon has 1669 subscribers, with a 5.50$ and a 11$ option.
https://www.patreon.com/GiftedHater

So if there's nothing I'm missing he's making around 10 k per month?