Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 393286 times)

Cool Ceith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #1320 on: November 29, 2022, 03:23:28 PM »
So according this site he makes between 223 and 489 $ per month from twitch subscribers.
His patreon has 1669 subscribers, with a 5.50$ and a 11$ option.
https://www.patreon.com/GiftedHater

So if there's nothing I'm missing he's making around 10 k per month?
Or basically minimum wage in California.

thanksgiving

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #1321 on: November 29, 2022, 04:10:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He is a startlingly unproductive YouTuber.
[close]
For someone who has said it's his main source of income, he certainly doesn't seem to worry about uploading consistently.
[close]

Isn’t the main driver of YouTubers’ frequent uploads the fear that they get would shuffled down by the algorithm? Obv revenue stream is also a motivating factor, but GH doesn’t seem to be facing much competition for the lane that he’s in, so maybe he doesn’t feel threatened into over producing content.  I don’t know a ton about this shit, but just thinking outloud  based on the little that I do know.
[close]
he has patreon too and with what I assume has a fair amount of subscribers

Okay so 1700 subscribers and it’s either $5 or $10 a month depending on which subscription you get. So 8500 a month at the least
hes honestly inconsistent on the patreon too and just seems kind of lazy. has been putting past twitch streams on there lately. when he first started it up it was actually pretty fun, there was a dating app review video, and talent show where he judged it with friends. nowadays its just video reviews and the occasional video on whatever political controversy is going on. usually something to do with women in skating, like beatrice pro

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #1322 on: November 29, 2022, 04:20:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He is a startlingly unproductive YouTuber.
[close]
For someone who has said it's his main source of income, he certainly doesn't seem to worry about uploading consistently.
[close]

Isn’t the main driver of YouTubers’ frequent uploads the fear that they get would shuffled down by the algorithm? Obv revenue stream is also a motivating factor, but GH doesn’t seem to be facing much competition for the lane that he’s in, so maybe he doesn’t feel threatened into over producing content.  I don’t know a ton about this shit, but just thinking outloud  based on the little that I do know.
[close]
he has patreon too and with what I assume has a fair amount of subscribers

Okay so 1700 subscribers and it’s either $5 or $10 a month depending on which subscription you get. So 8500 a month at the least
[close]
hes honestly inconsistent on the patreon too and just seems kind of lazy. has been putting past twitch streams on there lately. when he first started it up it was actually pretty fun, there was a dating app review video, and talent show where he judged it with friends. nowadays its just video reviews and the occasional video on whatever controversy is going on. beatrice comes to mind

I decided to check out his patreon a couple weeks ago to see his nigel review, he said in his recent videos he sticks to memes because of the drama shit and that its getting too much for him to make... he mentioned wanted to go to that illegal civ premier but is scared he might get punched

LonleySk8er15

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1323 on: November 29, 2022, 08:49:27 PM »
He’ll get punched eventually. Hope it’s by some hilarious like Mikey Alfred or Mikey Taylor

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1324 on: November 30, 2022, 05:57:49 AM »
He seems like he’s coasting these days and is less funny & interesting for sure.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1110
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1325 on: November 30, 2022, 09:06:37 AM »
Part of it might be that he's no longer an obscure outsider sniping people in the industry, he's arguably part of the industry he was critiquing now. He's getting boards from Sc-fi, he's getting shoes from LRAB, he probably skates with a lot of these people now and so he has to be more mindful about who he criticizes if he wants to still get the perks...

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #1326 on: November 30, 2022, 09:54:31 AM »
Part of it might be that he's no longer an obscure outsider sniping people in the industry, he's arguably part of the industry he was critiquing now. He's getting boards from Sc-fi, he's getting shoes from LRAB, he probably skates with a lot of these people now and so he has to be more mindful about who he criticizes if he wants to still get the perks...

it's always easier to criticize when you never have to be arm lengths of that person critiquing.   Also I'd bet the DMs he gets from people in the industry is probably not positive.  If he ever drops his women is skateboarding or Batrice turning pro patreon he's mos def going to get some shit.  He really mad on the Batrice turning pro

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -50
« Reply #1327 on: November 30, 2022, 10:13:26 AM »
He’ll get punched eventually. Hope it’s by some hilarious like Mikey Alfred or Mikey Taylor

Dude talks about not going places cause he might get popped.
I'm don't subscribe to any idea that all skaters need to hold hands and dance into the sunset together, but I also think some of his trash talk crosses over into trivial bullshit. Like watching a Tom Asta part and literally spending the whole time talking shit on Santa Cruz.
Sorry man, Polar and FA don't have the space or budget for every pro on the planet.

Wait...is FA still cool? What's the other cool company? Limousine? There's only like two "cool" companies, right?

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #1328 on: November 30, 2022, 10:17:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm don't subscribe to any idea that all skaters need to hold hands and dance into the sunset together, but I also think some of his trash talk crosses over into trivial bullshit. Like watching a Tom Asta part and literally spending the whole time talking shit on Santa Cruz.
Sorry man, Polar and FA don't have the space or budget for every pro on the planet.

Wait...is FA still cool? What's the other cool company? Limousine? There's only like two "cool" companies, right?

Darkstar and element are cool again

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -50
« Reply #1329 on: November 30, 2022, 10:43:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Darkstar and element are cool again

Didn't he have a video where he was saying he legit fucks with Darkstar graphics?
Maybe he was being sarcastic but it seemed pretty genuine.

Frog! I think Frog might be one of the few companies he doesn't automatically trash talk.

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1330 on: November 30, 2022, 10:45:18 AM »
Gifted Hater is a Limosine stan.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #1331 on: November 30, 2022, 02:23:43 PM »

To be fair, if you are gonna be a Stan for someone/something limo is a good choice

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #1332 on: December 01, 2022, 04:51:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

To be fair, if you are gonna be a Stan for someone/something limo is a good choice

Really?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1200
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1333 on: December 01, 2022, 06:55:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Really?
absolutely

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1334 on: December 01, 2022, 08:18:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Really?
[close]
absolutely

Dunno I just get Daddy's money, wiener kids vibe off the whole thing.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 08:34:39 AM by RichardBarkley »

aiden

« Reply #1335 on: December 01, 2022, 08:38:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Really?
[close]
absolutely
[close]

Dunno I just get Daddy'so money, weiner kids vibe off the whole thing.
ive just googled "weiner kid"
what does it mean

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #1336 on: December 01, 2022, 08:40:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Really?
[close]
absolutely
[close]

[close]
what does it mean
Can't find the exact scene but this will do

Milhouse is a wiener kid

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1337 on: December 01, 2022, 09:14:01 AM »

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #1338 on: December 01, 2022, 12:19:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Really?
[close]
absolutely
[close]

[close]
what does it mean

That's the best limousine graphic I've seen. It's like late 90's world Industries done cool guy style.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1339 on: December 02, 2022, 12:28:34 AM »
okay, i have swapped opinions like a confused traitor. i thought he was funny despite the crackling voice & resemblance to people i know personally who bother me. in the new nyjah review, he says nyjah has a weird arm movement landing like dill or dylan then shows a typed out “fakesteeze” title across the video. literally 2 clips later he shows the crook drop fifty on the dylan rail & says it’s “disrespectful” and that nyjah doesn’t care about the dead. dude is literally just trying to get views at this point by being as controversial as possible.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
« Reply #1340 on: December 02, 2022, 11:17:52 AM »
dude is literally just trying to get views at this point by being as controversial as possible.

Big if true
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 110
« Reply #1341 on: December 02, 2022, 11:23:34 AM »
okay, i have swapped opinions like a confused traitor. i thought he was funny despite the crackling voice & resemblance to people i know personally who bother me. in the new nyjah review, he says nyjah has a weird arm movement landing like dill or dylan then shows a typed out “fakesteeze” title across the video. literally 2 clips later he shows the crook drop fifty on the dylan rail & says it’s “disrespectful” and that nyjah doesn’t care about the dead. dude is literally just trying to get views at this point by being as controversial as possible.

youre taking it too seriously. also he wasnt calling dill or dylan out for having fakesteeze, just nyjah

its like reading slap posts, some you find funny, some you find dumb, some are somewhere in-between, but you still come back to see the next hot takes.

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #1342 on: December 02, 2022, 02:18:41 PM »

I saw the stream, the video is edited bad in a few parts in regards to giving the viewer proper context.

He was making jokes about how the trick was so gnarly that it was disrespecting the dead. Was not in any way serious. It was hyperbole to underline how sick the trick was.

Idk about the rest.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -512
« Reply #1343 on: December 03, 2022, 11:12:33 AM »
The part about Ty making a video that could be spliced into a pharmaceutical commercial was pretty fuckin funny

larry sanders

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1344 on: December 04, 2022, 11:18:25 AM »
The part about Ty making a video that could be spliced into a pharmaceutical commercial was pretty fuckin funny

this killed me, along with him calling that SLS course an urgent care

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1345 on: December 05, 2022, 09:37:48 AM »

No way are you saying he says crazy things to garner views, never seen any youtuber do that before

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #1346 on: December 05, 2022, 11:56:07 AM »
I bet he’s never even seen tws’ right foot forward

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #1347 on: December 11, 2022, 05:54:58 PM »

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -512
« Reply #1348 on: December 11, 2022, 06:06:50 PM »

GH thinks they won’t give it to nyjah because of accusations? That seems like a stretch.  I’ve been saying that nyjah shouldn’t give anything to thrasher anymore though, if they aren’t gonna really let him contend.  They get way more outta the relationship
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 06:33:44 PM by Newphone »

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 110
« Reply #1349 on: December 11, 2022, 06:25:35 PM »
he makes a fair point about tyshawn (and nyjah) of using the same spots over and over