Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 379978 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #330 on: April 29, 2022, 11:19:30 AM »
Also I’m not trying to take anything away from nguyen at all. It’s just those combo tricks aren’t my thing and I think dark slides are meh.

There’s way better deftones songs too. Deftones kinda suck now. I got into them when adrenaline came out. To me it was like a form of post hardcore kinda. I thought how did this get on Madonna’s label.

The funny thing is we always compared them to Quicksand from early on.

We said it was like if Janes Addition FNM and Quicksand has a baby.

White Pony’s opening track reminds me of like Fugazi on mind altering drugs.

Around the fir was almost a perfect sleeper pop record and white pony also I enjoy though it brings up ugly memories. Some of those tracks are total shit. This one is way better than the other version.

The deftones now are total garbage. I seen them several times. Once I got to see them at axis because I won tickets. That show was killer.

In Boston the deftones was excepted buy lots of different scene kooks. The last time I saw them was with Dillinger Escape Plan.

I fucking hate gang violence. I was asked to let security handle it by the person I was with. They was in a wheelchair so I stayed up in the vip or whatever you call that spot stage right
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #331 on: April 29, 2022, 12:31:34 PM »
About 20yrs ago my old roommate was all into new metal and knew the bass player from deftones and went to all of their early shows.  guess he left the band

LebowskisRug

« Reply #332 on: April 29, 2022, 12:45:17 PM »
If you don't like him, don't watch his videos.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #333 on: April 29, 2022, 06:00:48 PM »
@pizzafliptofakie cameo

https://youtu.be/EOkmBWMcoGo

GH if you're reading this thread, hello  8)

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #334 on: April 29, 2022, 07:37:14 PM »
Don’t front GH you love SLAP

What’s your account

Shout out pizza flip

nothing's been the since same

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #335 on: April 30, 2022, 05:50:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don’t understand the trent nguyen hype. Some of it was good. That deftones song is kinda wack. Really it’s just some kid who skated like someone who don’t try very hard except when it comes to accidental combo justification.

Did the guy even do any compulsory tricks? I think I don’t understand that word but clearly Trent is no pj chad
[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRtRximEBAo
[close]
Painful. Skating, commentary, music. This kid has really turned into just another reaction vid youtube clown. A "content creator" just cranking out more no effort slop so he can get the youtube hits.

Can't believe this kid even has paid content apparently; you people need to get out and make some real friends for real, yeesh.

I haven't watched more then a minute or so of this shit before I feel the need to start skipping forward (looking for what I'm supposed to be 'getting' I guess) so I'm unsure about this - Is this kid serious when he's saying "whoa this guy is sick!" as he barely grazes the edge of the fountain with his tail while his nose and front wheels are already practically on the ground?

Just do yourself a favor and don’t watch him bud

Spectre

• Rep: -40
« Reply #336 on: April 30, 2022, 09:36:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
im kind of over the gifted hater, his commentaries aren't that interesting to me anymore. He constantly says, "don't go out and harass these people im talking about" while immediately making controversial speculations about them as if he wants to keep his hands clean in this business of controversial commentary. what a hypocritical move

his commentary on the berle situation was extremely poor. his outcome that maybe everybody on the FA/hockey team didnt like Gilette was entirely speculation, mostly based off the caleb bunt interview. Why not actually ask the riders? otherwise, you're just making shit up from inferences

Expand Quote
I think GH likes how troung nguyen dressed in his part so im guessing hes doing the same thing
[close]

haha i was thinking the same thing. im not a fan of the fits, memes don't justify dressing poorly
[close]

I don't understand this 'criticism' at all... talking about someone and harassing them are two different things and trying to avoid your fandom weaponizing themselves is the mature thing to do.

Also, do you think the FA riders are all going to actively, openly talk about what goes on behind the scenes? Do you think they're going to spill their secrets to Gifted Hater for all of YouTube to see? What do you think everyone on Slap is doing everyday? We're all just inferring shit and speculating, he's just not hiding behind an avatar. I don't love the dude and I don't agree with a lot of things he says but can respect the fact that he's being open, honest, and trying to avoid his fans becoming toxic in his name.
[close]

he's stirring the pot. If you stir the pot you cant expect no negative repercussions from your viewers. you can't stir the fuckin pot and expect nobody to react to it, regardless of a disclaimer.

[close]

100%. This dudes gotta tread lightly since a lot of people's livelihoods depend on the skate industry.

Skate shops have shut down for less...

Ex. You could make a video and say something is lame, then your 50000 subs eat that shit up and give them the braille treatment. But then a specific riders board sales might go down based off of that initial sentiment and then...

What is the braille treatment? Did someone ruin them or something?

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #337 on: May 05, 2022, 08:08:59 AM »

somefucker

« Reply #338 on: May 05, 2022, 08:17:31 AM »
$100 for a deck? no grip? no size info besides width?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHsZVElKLf0

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #339 on: May 05, 2022, 09:08:09 AM »
"They can't afford me"  ;D ;D ;D

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #340 on: May 05, 2022, 09:56:19 PM »
Big Dick Energy

Stupid name though

everythingisgreat

« Reply #341 on: May 05, 2022, 10:01:11 PM »
Big Dick Energy

Stupid name though

Ahh... I changed my mind about posting this Pete Davidson bullshit, I only said that as a joke about his size 12 shoes.

He still has a stupid name though.

Some dude

• Rep: -43
« Reply #342 on: May 06, 2022, 12:12:29 AM »
:-[
Expand Quote

first and only video I will ever watch of him..made it about 2:30..dude’s a cornball. his voice is annoying to listen to for commentary.

YouTube and internet connections went and made kids born in 2004 think they should be blabbin their jazz about og skate shit

I’ll go back to ignoring him and this thread

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #343 on: May 06, 2022, 12:19:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

first and only video I will ever watch of him..made it about 2:30..dude’s a cornball. his voice is annoying to listen to for commentary.

YouTube and internet connections went and made kids born in 2004 think they should be blabbin their jazz about og skate shit

[close]
New video he talks about fallen and ipath. you weren't even there dork.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #344 on: May 06, 2022, 02:55:59 AM »
True you should only talk about things that happened in your life time. History is canceled

Smithy

• Rep: 1
  • SmithySmitherson
« Reply #345 on: May 06, 2022, 06:09:29 AM »
True you should only talk about things that happened in your life time. History is canceled

This. I think he’s a strange dude, not at all my kind of strange anyway.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #346 on: May 06, 2022, 07:00:06 AM »
Also I’m not trying to take anything away from nguyen at all. It’s just those combo tricks aren’t my thing and I think dark slides are meh.

There’s way better deftones songs too. Deftones kinda suck now. I got into them when adrenaline came out. To me it was like a form of post hardcore kinda. I thought how did this get on Madonna’s label.

Around the fir was almost a perfect sleeper pop record and white pony also I enjoy though it brings up ugly memories. Some of those tracks are total shit. This one is way better than the other version.

The deftones now are total garbage. I seen them several times. Once I got to see them at axis because I won tickets. That show was killer.

In Boston the deftones was excepted buy lots of different scene kooks. The last time I saw them was with Dillinger Escape Plan.

I fucking hate gang violence. I was asked to let security handle it by the person I was with. They was in a wheelchair so I stayed up in the vip or whatever you call that spot stage right
Man that’s funny I actually think deftones are one of the rare bands that has managed to keep putting out halfway decent records even 20 years into their career. Not saying the new shit is anywhere near as good as the first 3 records, but I find it worth at least one or two listened whenever a new one comes out, which is more than I can say for a lot of bands this deep into their careers

I totally agree on the slight post-hardcore vibe. They had much more grounding in “real” underground music than most other nu metal. Rage Against the Machine is maybe the only other one that comes to mind where they had some credibility with HXC crowds.

Deftones ended up grabbing the bassist from Quicksand to fill in when their original bassist died a few years ago I believe. I think there are some interviews where they talk about being really bummed to get lumped in with the shittier nu metal, and that’s why White Pony got spaced out and druggy. They were into shoegaze and the smiths and shit. But sadly most of the interviews I’ve seen from em are more mainstream and done with a nu-metal perspective so they don’t really go deep on the more interesting stuff

Still haven’t seen em ever actually even tho I too was a fan since adrenaline. Should really try to see em, even if their peak years are far behind em.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #347 on: May 06, 2022, 08:44:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Big Dick Energy

Stupid name though
[close]

Ahh... I changed my mind about posting this Pete Davidson bullshit, I only said that as a joke about his size 12 shoes.

He still has a stupid name though.

From my experience big swinging dicks are lazy. I never need to sleep
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #348 on: May 06, 2022, 08:46:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Man that’s funny I actually think deftones are one of the rare bands that has managed to keep putting out halfway decent records even 20 years into their career. Not saying the new shit is anywhere near as good as the first 3 records, but I find it worth at least one or two listened whenever a new one comes out, which is more than I can say for a lot of bands this deep into their careers

I totally agree on the slight post-hardcore vibe. They had much more grounding in “real” underground music than most other nu metal. Rage Against the Machine is maybe the only other one that comes to mind where they had some credibility with HXC crowds.

Deftones ended up grabbing the bassist from Quicksand to fill in when their original bassist died a few years ago I believe. I think there are some interviews where they talk about being really bummed to get lumped in with the shittier nu metal, and that’s why White Pony got spaced out and druggy. They were into shoegaze and the smiths and shit. But sadly most of the interviews I’ve seen from em are more mainstream and done with a nu-metal perspective so they don’t really go deep on the more interesting stuff

Still haven’t seen em ever actually even tho I too was a fan since adrenaline. Should really try to see em, even if their peak years are far behind em.

Excellent insight. Respect
(A)pl(E)

Some dude

« Reply #349 on: May 06, 2022, 10:35:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I changed my mind about ignoring this thread to come and tell you…

I hope you really had to concentrate to read that. later G

and

are you trying to compare some goober kid’s hot take on his YouTube channel to some sort of historical human suffering event? yea..that’s exactly what this is
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 10:42:43 AM by Some dude »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #350 on: May 06, 2022, 10:42:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This. I think he’s a strange dude, not at all my kind of strange anyway.

in his last video he said " I have friends who ride for Vans...followed by something negative about vans shoes" and was fronting like he's industry in some low key way...kinda weird

Post I-path, it's crazy to see and experience as a I-path Stan how companies rise and fall in such a short time.   I still remember going to the Vans Milpitas park back in the day and almost every local skater who could land shit was wearing Grasshoppers

Some dude

« Reply #351 on: May 06, 2022, 10:48:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

I hope re-reading that was a difficult as it was typing it for you. later duder

and
Expand Quote
[close]

are you trying to compare some goober kid’s hot take on his YouTube channel to some sort of historical human suffering event? yea..that’s exactly what this is

The name of the thread was “thoughts on gifted hater”. I gave my thoughts. like someone above posted..don’t watch his videos. Two thumbs up. Not gonna. You continue to stick up for him in this thread. I feel like every thread, someone brings up  “what’s gifted hater’s thoughts on this subject”. I suspect The Gifted Hater himself has multiple slap accounts promoting his own shit. His self-coined nickname is even blowhard. Classic Youtuber ego shit. Maybe he’s one of your homies. Big ups to you and him. Y’all keep up the good fight. I’m outta this thread for real this time.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 11:09:15 AM by Some dude »

dallou

• SLAP Pal
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #352 on: May 06, 2022, 11:15:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

I hope you really had to concentrate to read that. later G

and
Expand Quote
[close]

Glad we are on the page

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #353 on: May 06, 2022, 09:27:13 PM »
Lol good job making a silly comment big and pink. Very tuf.
Anyway as far as the "if you don't like his videos don't watch them" comment that keeps popping up A) this is a forum to discuss videos, that doesn't just mean only positive comments on every aspect. B) give your mate gifted hater that same tip and he wouldn't even have a show.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65249
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #354 on: May 07, 2022, 01:00:10 AM »
Just watched him for the first time and he is sharp, witty and smart. And knows skateboarding so I will for sure watch again.

Onky thing I didn't like the way he laughs after a lot of tricks and you can't tell if he's stoked or if it's a joke (trick) for him.

Also this has probably been mentioned but that dude must post here or at least lurk, he has SLAP writtsn all over him.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #355 on: May 07, 2022, 11:49:58 AM »
I take back my original criticism as he's branched out and evolved into a entertaining and clever host over the last couple of months. It's understandable he won't be everyone's cup of tea, but people sit down and physically watch all of the Nine Club which blows my mind.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

everythingisgreat

« Reply #356 on: May 07, 2022, 05:14:01 PM »
The real question here that nobody seems to be asking is when you get chicken McNuggets what sauce are you getting to dip them in? I’m going Sweet and Sour

somefucker

« Reply #357 on: May 08, 2022, 06:29:38 AM »
Just watched him for the first time and he is sharp, witty and smart. And knows skateboarding so I will for sure watch again.

Onky thing I didn't like the way he laughs after a lot of tricks and you can't tell if he's stoked or if it's a joke (trick) for him.

Also this has probably been mentioned but that dude must post here or at least lurk, he has SLAP writtsn all over him.

How do we know he isn’t already a mod

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #358 on: May 08, 2022, 11:43:08 AM »
I take back my original criticism as he's branched out and evolved into a entertaining and clever host over the last couple of months. It's understandable he won't be everyone's cup of tea, but people sit down and physically watch all of the Nine Club which blows my mind.

Boredom is most likely the reason,  i tried to watch the Jason lee interview and it was bad…after the mark oblow episode its a now on my do not recommend channel list

Im actually still okay with skateline (ironically gifted haters original show titles were Hateline) mainly because of the consistency, hate gary all you want, but he’s on time every week

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #359 on: May 08, 2022, 08:32:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Boredom is most likely the reason,  i tried to watch the Jason lee interview and it was bad…after the mark oblow episode its a now on my do not recommend channel list

Im actually still okay with skateline (ironically gifted haters original show titles were Hateline) mainly because of the consistency, hate gary all you want, but he’s on time every week

I feel like the nine club really tanked after Roger left the main show (not sure people are too hyped on him after his reaction to the Oblow episode though). I loved a lot of the old interviews from a few years back, but something changed. A few of the new interviews are still good, but it's very dependent on how engaging and interesting the guest is.