Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 403565 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #690 on: July 27, 2022, 10:06:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Bladers are only cool when they also do graffiti like in Jet Set Radio
[close]
would love to see a blader pull up, do a sick throwup and then speed off lmao. especially if they’re wearing sick ass fits like they did in jet set radio

Get some props and a camera I’m down to do this for the culture.

Fuck I’m so bored I’m down to do about anything for fun rn
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Ziad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #691 on: July 28, 2022, 10:32:57 AM »
i enjoy his videos

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #692 on: July 28, 2022, 10:37:09 AM »
i enjoy his videos

this take is too hot.

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 241
« Reply #693 on: July 28, 2022, 01:02:23 PM »
Bladers are only cool when they also do graffiti like in Jet Set Radio

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #694 on: July 28, 2022, 01:11:55 PM »
Not planning on reading this whole thread right now so sorry if someone already said this but personally I don't find bladers or BMXers (or scooterers even) an inherent issue, the issues start forming when one is frequently in the way, snaking, not listening or otherwise being not fun to share the park with. Many BMXers, bladers and scooterers these days know how to take turns, know not to stand at the bottom of quarter pipes or in front of the ledge etc, know to ask others before waxing something and are generally pleasant people to interact with, at least at the parks that I frequent. These days I most often find other skaters more likely to be a pain in the ass to share the park with.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #695 on: July 29, 2022, 03:41:12 PM »
I've got a friend who mocks his kids for wanting to ride scooters and wont let them touch his quarter pipe.  Skateboards only.  I think he's fucked in the head and mean to his kids.  Let em live and try and show them why skatings cool, not screaming at them about it.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #696 on: July 29, 2022, 09:27:51 PM »
I've got a friend who mocks his kids for wanting to ride scooters and wont let them touch his quarter pipe.  Skateboards only.  I think he's fucked in the head and mean to his kids.  Let em live and try and show them why skatings cool, not screaming at them about it.
It's a good way to make sure your kids never like skateboarding.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #697 on: July 29, 2022, 09:32:38 PM »
I met a kid who started skating two years ago and he was talking to me about Mango and Limosine and the Alex Greenberg video and slappy crook technique. I think it's because of Gifted Hater
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #698 on: July 29, 2022, 10:13:05 PM »
He was kinda shitting on Fred Gall and watched his pet in his latest twitch stream. Gave him a pass for being 400 years old though and was saying it’s his super long bon voyage part.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #699 on: July 29, 2022, 10:24:27 PM »
I kooked my nephew out of pushing mongo. The scooter promotes that stance. Little kids wanna stand on the wheel and lean over the bars with their mouths agape.

Right in front of the ledge.

HEY RTD2!!! Get the fuck out from in front of the obstacle!!! Go smoke a cig or something!!! Fuck!

You gotta kook your kids into style and the rules of the park for real.

Doesn’t matter what they ride so long as they ain’t frickin shitting on the sesh.

The oldest kid said to me. I don’t wanna do skateboarding or bikes. I don’t wanna hang out at the park.

I like art not sports.

They learned to push and bomb hills. I can take them to the park and not worry.

My job is done. Ball is in their court.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

tonitonne

« Reply #700 on: July 30, 2022, 09:32:27 AM »
He was kinda shitting on Fred Gall and watched his pet in his latest twitch stream. Gave him a pass for being 400 years old though and was saying it’s his super long bon voyage part.

Any negative mention of Fred will curse your switch skills for life.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #701 on: July 31, 2022, 10:29:59 PM »

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #702 on: July 31, 2022, 10:59:39 PM »
Saw this clip, thought it fit here…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgsM7PWDYGS/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

The trick made me go... "damn, maybe scootering isn't that bad anymore".... then I heard all the voices and saw all the people recording and everything snapped back into perspective.

For real though, props to the guy who chucked himself down that. Nutty. Was just straight up flying through the air for over a second.

His aggro push kind of reminded me of T-Funk... which skater is going to chuck themselves down this gap now?
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #703 on: August 01, 2022, 03:34:24 AM »
Saw this clip, thought it fit here…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgsM7PWDYGS/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I lold. Fuck. His legs glued together, buttocks tightened, flying through the air all upright. Hilarious.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -61
  • eight equals d
« Reply #704 on: August 01, 2022, 06:00:50 AM »
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #705 on: August 01, 2022, 07:31:11 AM »
Expand Quote

I lold. Fuck. His legs glued together, buttocks tightened, flying through the air all upright. Hilarious.

Looks like he’s about to do a pencil dive into the pool

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #706 on: August 01, 2022, 08:29:38 AM »
The simple fact that the Gifted Hater thread has devolved into a discussion of the validity of adults riding scooters really illuminates what this dude is bringing to skating.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #707 on: August 01, 2022, 08:34:52 AM »
Expand Quote

Looks even more goofy now that they are grown

True, but that's how we all look to 99% of the population

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #708 on: August 01, 2022, 09:04:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Looks like he’s about to do a pencil dive into the pool

Yea he looked like every bmx rider who has to clench their ass during a huge gap... I lol'd too mainly at those kids running after him at the end...weird shit even if the gap was gonzo

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #709 on: August 01, 2022, 10:11:18 AM »
I was bored and just watched 20 minutes of "Best of gifted Hater on tik tok" on YouTube.

I don't have insta nor Tik Tok.

I loved it. Now crucify me.

tonitonne

« Reply #710 on: August 01, 2022, 10:17:41 AM »
The simple fact that the Gifted Hater thread has devolved into a discussion of the validity of adults riding scooters really illuminates what this dude is bringing to skating.

GH and scooters both equally suck though.

FuzzGNU

« Reply #711 on: August 01, 2022, 01:40:49 PM »

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • breathcakes
« Reply #712 on: August 01, 2022, 02:19:19 PM »

ok i watched this, and i don't get it at all. is he big on instagram or something? why did he become known?

tonitonne

« Reply #713 on: August 01, 2022, 02:24:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

ok i watched this, and i don't get it at all. is he big on instagram or something? why did he become known?

He lurks on here and voices watered down versions of opinions/drama on here for 16 year olds to consume. Nothing worthwhile.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #714 on: August 01, 2022, 05:11:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

He lurks on here and voices watered down versions of opinions/drama on here for 16 year olds to consume. Nothing worthwhile.
While I do think his opinions are not that unique or groundbreaking, I do think he makes popular slap opinions palatable and entertaining for the casual skater,  which I don't think is easy. I also know comedy and what people find entertaining is subjective but most of his videos do get a laugh or two out of me.

@FuzzGNU to answer your question, I think he blew up after defending Last Resort against Dan Corrigan (at least thats when most of my friends noticed him). He subsequently got on flow for LR and is rumored to be skating for Sci Fi now.

FuzzGNU

« Reply #715 on: August 01, 2022, 06:29:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
While I do think his opinions are not that unique or groundbreaking, I do think he makes popular slap opinions palatable and entertaining for the casual skater,  which I don't think is easy. I also know comedy and what people find entertaining is subjective but most of his videos do get a laugh or two out of me.

@FuzzGNU to answer your question, I think he blew up after defending Last Resort against Dan Corrigan (at least thats when most of my friends noticed him). He subsequently got on flow for LR and is rumored to be skating for Sci Fi now.

I think you meant to tag @lickcakes

I agree with your first paragraph. To add on, he is a great comedic editor, and he has great ideas for content. A comedic "skatepark review" is definitely a niche I'm so glad he filled. We've got (or used to have) some bad parks around here, and its a bit of catharsis to watch him poke fun at all the worst (and best) parts of these skateparks. And then also for him to be skilled enough to do something either cool or funny on these impossible obstacles? Love it.

Comedic editing can be challenging and that is what makes his videos. He also does a great job of using editing to fill the audience in on weird obscure things he is referencing like some randoms on IG or TikTok I would never know about.

On top of all of that, he is definitely openly self-aware which is refreshing. He sort of meta-commentates on what he is doing, his "role", and how he is perceived. Hopefully he doesn't let that stuff get to him, but he realizes that people might "burn out" on this content eventually, but for now he is here doing this while skateboarding needs it. Gotta respect him for that.

Hopefully his newfound industry ties don't make him feel the need to be too "political" in regards to skateboard politics (not offending brands, skaters, TMs, company owners, etc). I also hope he doesn't fall into any "enlightened centrism" or "contrarian just to be a contrarian" sort of habits.

Felix of Chapo Trap House and Mike of RedLetterMedia both do bits where they are contrarians for comedic value, and its really funny... but if you actually become that person, its insufferable.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #716 on: August 01, 2022, 07:10:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think you meant to tag @lickcakes

I agree with your first paragraph. To add on, he is a great comedic editor, and he has great ideas for content. A comedic "skatepark review" is definitely a niche I'm so glad he filled. We've got (or used to have) some bad parks around here, and its a bit of catharsis to watch him poke fun at all the worst (and best) parts of these skateparks. And then also for him to be skilled enough to do something either cool or funny on these impossible obstacles? Love it.

Comedic editing can be challenging and that is what makes his videos. He also does a great job of using editing to fill the audience in on weird obscure things he is referencing like some randoms on IG or TikTok I would never know about.

On top of all of that, he is definitely openly self-aware which is refreshing. He sort of meta-commentates on what he is doing, his "role", and how he is perceived. Hopefully he doesn't let that stuff get to him, but he realizes that people might "burn out" on this content eventually, but for now he is here doing this while skateboarding needs it. Gotta respect him for that.

Hopefully his newfound industry ties don't make him feel the need to be too "political" in regards to skateboard politics (not offending brands, skaters, TMs, company owners, etc). I also hope he doesn't fall into any "enlightened centrism" or "contrarian just to be a contrarian" sort of habits.

Felix of Chapo Trap House and Mike of RedLetterMedia both do bits where they are contrarians for comedic value, and its really funny... but if you actually become that person, its insufferable.
Was definitely trying to tag @lickcakes . My bad! The quote pyramid can blind my brain even if it’s relatively mellow.

Good points @FuzzGNU

beatifk

« Reply #717 on: August 02, 2022, 12:29:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I actually don't mind when he does the skatepark reviews. They're pretty entertaining for whatever reason and he can be pretty funny when he's clowning on some obstacles or what his friends have chosen to bring for snacks. He's a pretty good skateboarder too, I gotta give that to him.

However, I've watched a total of 30 seconds of his twitch-style sit-in-front-of-a-big-pop-filtered-mic-with-big-ugly-headphones-on-and-whine-for-hours videos before I got really annoyed by it all. But I find that video format in general to be the worst thing on earth next to tik tok, so that's just me I guess. How do people watch these?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #718 on: August 02, 2022, 01:11:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I actually don't mind when he does the skatepark reviews. They're pretty entertaining for whatever reason and he can be pretty funny when he's clowning on some obstacles or what his friends have chosen to bring for snacks. He's a pretty good skateboarder too, I gotta give that to him.

However, I've watched a total of 30 seconds of his twitch-style sit-in-front-of-a-big-pop-filtered-mic-with-big-ugly-headphones-on-and-whine-for-hours videos before I got really annoyed by it all. But I find that video format in general to be the worst thing on earth next to tik tok, so that's just me I guess. How do people watch these?

Not just gifted hater but that style of stream in general. Is it just a friend simulator?

beatifk

« Reply #719 on: August 02, 2022, 01:22:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Not just gifted hater but that style of stream in general. Is it just a friend simulator?

Yes, that format in general is so unbearable to watch. Even when I search for some info on something and it's some highly regarded professor doing the talking, I just cannot watch it. When they're straight on into the camera it's somewhat less offensive, but that 3/4 view just makes me sick, it's an uncontrollable reaction. It's like looking in on someone have a private conversation and we can't see the other side, seems gross.

I prefer my friend simulators in podcast form, thank you very much. Or slap.