Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 379821 times)

HeapsCool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2022, 03:17:25 PM »
He's stated multiple times that he is doing this for entertainment.  If you're taking any of it seriously in any capacity you should probably dial it back a bit.

So Four Eyed Jim is gifted hater? Seems like it.

SHEEM

• Rep: 1
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2022, 04:03:01 PM »
Not even remotely surprised he plays league of legends and melee. Send him to the dungeon.
i cant stress how important it is to smoke copious amounts of marjuiwnana at every given oppoutryunity

conqueso

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2022, 04:31:34 PM »
Expand Quote
He's stated multiple times that he is doing this for entertainment.  If you're taking any of it seriously in any capacity you should probably dial it back a bit.
[close]

lolol busted

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2022, 08:46:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

lolol busted

Little more evidence of Four Eyed Jim being whiny voice hater:

Expand Quote
don’t agree with everything they said, but their takes are typically pretty funny. skateboard graphics aren’t that serious
[close]

GH routinely has to make a disclaimer that
1) it just his opinion and people should buy/enjoy what they want to
2) these videos are for entertainment

foureyedjim

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2022, 09:07:54 PM »
I’m Chinese and I live in San Jose lmao

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2022, 09:11:30 PM »
“I’m Chinese and I live in San Jose lmao” - Gifted Hater (2022)

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2022, 09:25:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lmao

foureyedjim

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2022, 10:03:35 PM »

Monopolyman

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2022, 10:20:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Lmao

GH has just been LARPing as an asian dude from NorCal since he was a 14 year old to throw off Slap.  Checks out.

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2022, 08:57:16 AM »
Hey GH. We like you man. Keep doing.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2022, 10:29:07 AM »
I wanna make love to him

Ed boy

• Rep: 79
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2022, 10:44:49 AM »
Pretty solid takes on most things

Looks like mango in a parallel universe

Griptape voice

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2022, 11:00:23 AM »
Not really a fan.  His voice annoys me and he comes off as a troll with some of his takes.  The Bunt is still the gold standard.[/]

This.

Yet to disclose my bias, I am anti vlogging. I find it to degrade the culture (and other cultures I engage with) as a whole because it panders to the goldfish brain and recycles content (akin to why I don’t support reposting on social media). Ultimately if people want to watch it, they’re going to watch it. If they like it they like it. Some people read tabloids willingly.

Do you, I’ll be out skating after watching a part before talking about it.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

eezz

• Rep: 5
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2022, 12:08:02 PM »
I really like the podcast he has with his homies

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2022, 03:48:50 PM »
In one of his video reviews he called a barley grind a frontside Bennett grind and I was triggered

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2022, 09:04:24 PM »
They are all Willy grinds….

2021…shit talking has come a long way….I back this guy…

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2022, 09:44:15 PM »
In one of his video reviews he called a barley grind a frontside Bennett grind and I was triggered

Same!

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2022, 01:30:29 AM »
I like you gifted hater but you love Tyler Bledsoe a little too much
bet you saw his elementary video as a kid and fell in love
otherwise you're funny
but I actually disagree with you sometimes

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2022, 02:37:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Not really a fan.  His voice annoys me and he comes off as a troll with some of his takes.  The Bunt is still the gold standard.[/]
[close]

This.

Yet to disclose my bias, I am anti vlogging. I find it to degrade the culture (and other cultures I engage with) as a whole because it panders to the goldfish brain and recycles content (akin to why I don’t support reposting on social media). Ultimately if people want to watch it, they’re going to watch it. If they like it they like it. Some people read tabloids willingly.

Do you, I’ll be out skating after watching a part before talking about it.

no you'll post on slap after looking at it for an hour and then it will be too late to skate so you'll watch skate videos

moshandwallies

• Rep: 2
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2022, 02:48:33 AM »
he's the best, he's the youtuber we needed. Before him I always thought that there were too many fake smiles, that people always wanted to say something positive in a fake way sometimes and then Gifted Hater appeared, thank god I'd say.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2022, 03:19:32 AM »
I like you gifted hater but you love Tyler Bledsoe a little too much
bet you saw his elementary video as a kid and fell in love
otherwise you're funny
but I actually disagree with you sometimes

nothing wrong with that I too enjoy him from time to times, all this content is a bit much and almost never watch his videos completely, but yeah, great that he's gettin attention, wonder if that would be different if he wouldnt skate as good. I always feel that this "validates" skaters, even though you could share his opinions skating not as good.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2022, 03:30:21 AM »
Exposed skate pussy and her sister for the frauds they are.   "Pro skater" with the name "skate pussy".   Fuck you your goat humping sister.   GH deserves a pulitizer for that shit.

That was on SLAP in the Skate Mama thread before Gifted mentioned it. He’s is more entertaining than most skate vbloggers, although sometimes it seems his content is lifted from here.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

dallou

• SLAP Pal
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2022, 04:15:35 AM »
tbh it's impossible for anyone to talk about someting related to skateboarding that has not been discussed on slap

somesortofspin

« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2022, 04:32:45 AM »
all of his content comes from the right angle. his view on things are great. he isn't afraid to talk shit about anyone who's promoting bad stuff wether its core brands or nike. hes lived through the years of skate trends and nbds with us like an old lost friend.
him being good at skating gives him the self-consciousness to talk about stuff the way he does.

i tent to disagree with him on trick and style choices and stuff outside of skateboarding.
he tents to be so overly ironic sometimes that you could say hes hiding behind it to not ever be "not cool" when you look back at it (listening to dubstep f.e.)
i dont even want him and his channel to be overly discussed on here because im sure he reads it and might change his formula which would be really sad. I enjoy his meme comedy and dumb stuff.

we need a grab tier list
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 04:42:23 AM by somesortofspin »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2022, 05:28:21 AM »
all of his content comes from the right angle. his view on things are great. he isn't afraid to talk shit about anyone who's promoting bad stuff wether its core brands or nike. hes lived through the years of skate trends and nbds with us like an old lost friend.
him being good at skating gives him the self-consciousness to talk about stuff the way he does.

i tent to disagree with him on trick and style choices and stuff outside of skateboarding.
he tents to be so overly ironic sometimes that you could say hes hiding behind it to not ever be "not cool" when you look back at it (listening to dubstep f.e.)
i dont even want him and his channel to be overly discussed on here because im sure he reads it and might change his formula which would be really sad. I enjoy his meme comedy and dumb stuff.

we need a grab tier list
He is only 24. He hasn't lived thru shit.

somesortofspin

« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2022, 08:01:01 AM »
Expand Quote

we need a grab tier list
[close]

he has filled his head with tons of skate knowledge and videos he witnessed and were caught on film before him you can tell.
its not like a 24 year old can live thru more shit than a save living 34 year old. not that this is the case here. just saying.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2022, 08:14:56 AM »
I back him but he did recently say he hasn't seen Video Days which seems kind of crazy for the amount he talks about skateboarding.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2022, 11:25:22 AM »
I back him but he did recently say he hasn't seen Video Days which seems kind of crazy for the amount he talks about skateboarding.

This is another complaint that I have with him, he seems to only be about his generations skating, its only a matter of time before he gets played out and a newer generation will find him old and stale.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2022, 01:52:33 PM »
I really like the podcast he has with his homies

what's it called ?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2022, 03:38:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

we need a grab tier list
[close]
[close]

he has filled his head with tons of skate knowledge and videos he witnessed and were caught on film before him you can tell.
its not like a 24 year old can live thru more shit than a save living 34 year old. not that this is the case here. just saying.
I guess I just don't think he has that much skate knowledge. Or if he has watched tons of videos hasn't really put them in any historical context (knows what was generally happening at the time of the video). Also It's not skating but he calls nyjahs disco fever 70s suit Austin Powers which is not even close to the right fashion. Not even the right decade. That sort of thing just bugs me. Still I usually watch at least a bit of videos he puts out which is more than I do for most youtubers