Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 403546 times)

trashparty

Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #240 on: April 17, 2022, 11:35:36 PM »
after thinking about it for a while i've decided that skate youtubers are bad. gifted hater almost made me reconsider, but watching all the adult humans in this thread argue about him for 7 pages has reaffirmed my initial suspicions. please remind me of this if you ever see me giving a fuck about youtube drama again.

^

in love w/ fs shuvs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #241 on: April 18, 2022, 12:56:15 AM »
Expand Quote
after thinking about it for a while i've decided that skate youtubers are bad. gifted hater almost made me reconsider, but watching all the adult humans in this thread argue about him for 7 pages has reaffirmed my initial suspicions. please remind me of this if you ever see me giving a fuck about youtube drama again.
[close]

^

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2022, 11:18:37 AM »

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2022, 02:10:06 PM »
Why do they dress badly on purpose?

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2022, 02:43:30 PM »
The youthful irony of looking like a dip shit to
laugh at dipshits is something else

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #245 on: April 18, 2022, 03:42:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They don't laugh at dipshit, it's just what's cool for the kids now I think
check my music

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #246 on: April 18, 2022, 03:47:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

He hates Monster yet wears truck stop monster hats. Everything’s irony.

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #247 on: April 18, 2022, 07:03:18 PM »

Did you watch the last video where he reviews the skatepark with one of his friends? Hoo boy…

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #248 on: April 18, 2022, 08:51:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I've kinda commented this before but the problem is he's not a kid. He's in his mid 20s. And yes people in general are less mature than they were a decade ago but still. Also he often talks shit on how he used to dress and once again it's a timing thing but he dresses so much worse now. 

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #249 on: April 19, 2022, 01:08:32 AM »
beeing mature is dressing soberly ? Then Gifted is sticking it the man I guess. It's all perspective, if you ask my dad, all skaters are dressing like goofball. My dad always rants about how the way I dress does not make sense yet when I go back to my town I am the most classicly dressed one.

Shout out to my dad
check my music

LebowskisRug

« Reply #250 on: April 19, 2022, 07:19:04 AM »
It’s like that Seinfeld quote that your adult style is how you dressed on the best year of your life. So for him it looks like about 6th grade.

But honestly seems like a fine person, just that the concept has kinda lost its surprise/allure and is sorta losing its steam and becoming a bit trite.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #251 on: April 19, 2022, 07:37:19 AM »
he has a pretty nice 3 flip

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #252 on: April 19, 2022, 08:00:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

The most honest laugh that I had from watching Gifted Hater was his year-end trend prediction or whatever it was and he said that creating plastic waste was "in" and then went on a rant about how he's sick of corporations that create metric tons of waste daily only for the end-use consumer to be held responsible for putting the packaging for their new iphone into the recycling bin or whatever it was.

Firstly, if this is his honest opinion I appreciate his lack of giving a fuck and his sort of anti-left protesting in such a stupid way... but also, it's an incredibly idiotic stance to take that he's going to create as much plastic waste as he can. But ALSO, it's surely all an ironic joke anyway.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #253 on: April 19, 2022, 08:15:54 AM »
It’s like that Seinfeld quote that your adult style is how you dressed on the best year of your life. So for him it looks like about 6th grade.

But honestly seems like a fine person, just that the concept has kinda lost its surprise/allure and is sorta losing its steam and becoming a bit trite.
I didn't know that was a Seinfeld quote I've heard a similar thing but instead of best year of your life it's you always dress like the time you had the most sex. (I guess there's probably a pretty big overlap) I think there's just this weird thing how people now in their 30s clothes choices tended to get more regular as they got older but it means younger people wore that sort of fashion when they were younger. So the two age groups associate those clothes with their goofy years.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #254 on: April 19, 2022, 08:38:19 AM »
Dress however you feel comfortable. Whatever makes you smile and treat others with respect. Be 40 and dress like a 2022 teenager. Be 22 and dress like a 50 year old accountant I don't give a shit.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2022, 08:45:25 AM »
yall are so fucking old man

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #256 on: April 19, 2022, 08:56:29 AM »
Dress however you feel comfortable. Whatever makes you smile and treat others with respect. Be 40 and dress like a 2022 teenager. Be 22 and dress like a 50 year old accountant I don't give a shit.
Goddamn that really is the vibe nowadays  ;D ;D

Teens are going full Ducky from Pretty in Pink.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #257 on: April 19, 2022, 09:52:38 AM »

Only thing i like about Rogan is hes a super rich 50yr old man who wears mostly target t-shirts and hoodies.

I also dig the accountant /preppy style that 90s hollywood directors like to dress

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #258 on: April 19, 2022, 10:53:03 AM »

I’d be into 20 something year olds dressing like this at the spot. Coffee always available and someone has those small packs of milk that don’t need to be refrigerated

Let me make the case for this aesthetic. Thrift stores are always full of suits ties and dress pants. Everyone is going for the 90s band tee dad jean ironic hat look. Chicks constantly comb the dude section for crap to resell but everyone ignores the suit section. Depop has exploded that look. Do something different and dress like an office worker.

nothing's been the since same

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #259 on: April 19, 2022, 10:11:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
I've kinda commented this before but the problem is he's not a kid. He's in his mid 20s. And yes people in general are less mature than they were a decade ago but still. Also he often talks shit on how he used to dress and once again it's a timing thing but he dresses so much worse now.

You're kidding me. I genuinely thought he was like 19 max just based on how he acts and carries himself. He reminds me of the manchildren you see at like smash tournaments and boardgaming events.

thanksgiving

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #260 on: April 20, 2022, 12:10:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

You're kidding me. I genuinely thought he was like 19 max just based on how he acts and carries himself. He reminds me of the manchildren you see at like smash tournaments and boardgaming events.
i think hes 23 or something. has been talking about how he just moved out off of youtube.

Baglady

• Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2022, 08:10:44 PM »
fuck yeah

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #262 on: April 20, 2022, 11:28:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
i think hes 23 or something. has been talking about how he just moved out off of youtube.
hes 25
i think he said it himself in a twitch stream
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

hotdogsweatpants

• Rep: 67
« Reply #263 on: April 21, 2022, 03:14:27 AM »

GH plays Melee lol.
The pant situation is out of control at this point

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #264 on: April 21, 2022, 06:32:05 AM »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #265 on: April 21, 2022, 09:54:41 AM »
I think GH likes how troung nguyen dressed in his part so im guessing hes doing the same thing

dr. radishh

• Rep: 77
« Reply #266 on: April 21, 2022, 10:48:50 AM »

last person(s) you'd want on the sesh

switchfakie

« Reply #267 on: April 21, 2022, 11:36:02 AM »
im kind of over the gifted hater, his commentaries aren't that interesting to me anymore. He constantly says, "don't go out and harass these people im talking about" while immediately making controversial speculations about them as if he wants to keep his hands clean in this business of controversial commentary. what a hypocritical move

his commentary on the berle situation was extremely poor. his outcome that maybe everybody on the FA/hockey team didnt like Gilette was entirely speculation, mostly based off the caleb bunt interview. Why not actually ask the riders? otherwise, you're just making shit up from inferences

I think GH likes how troung nguyen dressed in his part so im guessing hes doing the same thing

haha i was thinking the same thing. im not a fan of the fits, memes don't justify dressing poorly

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #268 on: April 21, 2022, 12:59:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Have you met many skateboarders? Go meet some 19 year olds these days

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #269 on: April 21, 2022, 01:02:53 PM »
im kind of over the gifted hater, his commentaries aren't that interesting to me anymore. He constantly says, "don't go out and harass these people im talking about" while immediately making controversial speculations about them as if he wants to keep his hands clean in this business of controversial commentary. what a hypocritical move

his commentary on the berle situation was extremely poor. his outcome that maybe everybody on the FA/hockey team didnt like Gilette was entirely speculation, mostly based off the caleb bunt interview. Why not actually ask the riders? otherwise, you're just making shit up from inferences

Expand Quote
[close]

haha i was thinking the same thing. im not a fan of the fits, memes don't justify dressing poorly

I don't understand this 'criticism' at all... talking about someone and harassing them are two different things and trying to avoid your fandom weaponizing themselves is the mature thing to do.

Also, do you think the FA riders are all going to actively, openly talk about what goes on behind the scenes? Do you think they're going to spill their secrets to Gifted Hater for all of YouTube to see? What do you think everyone on Slap is doing everyday? We're all just inferring shit and speculating, he's just not hiding behind an avatar. I don't love the dude and I don't agree with a lot of things he says but can respect the fact that he's being open, honest, and trying to avoid his fans becoming toxic in his name.