Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 403630 times)

switchfakie

Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #270 on: April 21, 2022, 02:58:27 PM »
Expand Quote
im kind of over the gifted hater, his commentaries aren't that interesting to me anymore. He constantly says, "don't go out and harass these people im talking about" while immediately making controversial speculations about them as if he wants to keep his hands clean in this business of controversial commentary. what a hypocritical move

his commentary on the berle situation was extremely poor. his outcome that maybe everybody on the FA/hockey team didnt like Gilette was entirely speculation, mostly based off the caleb bunt interview. Why not actually ask the riders? otherwise, you're just making shit up from inferences

Expand Quote
I think GH likes how troung nguyen dressed in his part so im guessing hes doing the same thing
[close]

haha i was thinking the same thing. im not a fan of the fits, memes don't justify dressing poorly
[close]

I don't understand this 'criticism' at all... talking about someone and harassing them are two different things and trying to avoid your fandom weaponizing themselves is the mature thing to do.

Also, do you think the FA riders are all going to actively, openly talk about what goes on behind the scenes? Do you think they're going to spill their secrets to Gifted Hater for all of YouTube to see? What do you think everyone on Slap is doing everyday? We're all just inferring shit and speculating, he's just not hiding behind an avatar. I don't love the dude and I don't agree with a lot of things he says but can respect the fact that he's being open, honest, and trying to avoid his fans becoming toxic in his name.

i know FA riders aren't gonna say shit about the details. my point is that with  (specifically his drama videos) he's stirring the pot. If you stir the pot you cant expect no negative repercussions from your viewers. you can't stir the fuckin pot and expect nobody to react to it, regardless of a disclaimer. those disclaimers are just for him to defend against culpability which i find to be ingenuine

also theres a difference between slap anons talking shit and a large youtuber with a 50,000+ skaterboi NPC's regurgitating the gifted haters opinions. its stupid how many people refuse to think for themselves

EDIT: i guess to further clarify my opinions, i fucking hate all drama related content and think that it's the cancer of this earth. like theres no reason to butt your opinions into another persons business even if they make it public. the "mature" thing to do is to ignore petty drama all together if you wanna bring maturity into the equation

« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 03:40:26 PM by switchfakie »

versacekid420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #271 on: April 21, 2022, 03:41:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
im kind of over the gifted hater, his commentaries aren't that interesting to me anymore. He constantly says, "don't go out and harass these people im talking about" while immediately making controversial speculations about them as if he wants to keep his hands clean in this business of controversial commentary. what a hypocritical move

his commentary on the berle situation was extremely poor. his outcome that maybe everybody on the FA/hockey team didnt like Gilette was entirely speculation, mostly based off the caleb bunt interview. Why not actually ask the riders? otherwise, you're just making shit up from inferences

Expand Quote
I think GH likes how troung nguyen dressed in his part so im guessing hes doing the same thing
[close]

haha i was thinking the same thing. im not a fan of the fits, memes don't justify dressing poorly
[close]

I don't understand this 'criticism' at all... talking about someone and harassing them are two different things and trying to avoid your fandom weaponizing themselves is the mature thing to do.

Also, do you think the FA riders are all going to actively, openly talk about what goes on behind the scenes? Do you think they're going to spill their secrets to Gifted Hater for all of YouTube to see? What do you think everyone on Slap is doing everyday? We're all just inferring shit and speculating, he's just not hiding behind an avatar. I don't love the dude and I don't agree with a lot of things he says but can respect the fact that he's being open, honest, and trying to avoid his fans becoming toxic in his name.
[close]

i know FA riders aren't gonna say shit about the details. my point is that with  (specifically his drama videos) he's stirring the pot. If you stir the pot you cant expect no negative repercussions from your viewers. you can't stir the fuckin pot and expect nobody to react to it, regardless of a disclaimer. those disclaimers are just for him to defend against culpability which i find to be ingenuine

also theres a difference between slap anons talking shit and a large youtuber with a 50,000+ skaterboi NPC's regurgitating the gifted haters opinions. its stupid how many people refuse to think for themselves

EDIT: i guess to further clarify my opinions, i fucking hate all drama related content and think that it's the cancer of this earth. like theres no reason to butt your opinions into another persons business even if they make it public. the "mature" thing to do is to ignore petty drama all together if you wanna bring maturity into the equation
i don’t think anyones regurgitating anything or not thinking for themselves, i’ve always felt that he’s said the things we all think or even say up here. he just so happens to be a nerd that can articulate it better/funnier

switchfakie

« Reply #272 on: April 21, 2022, 04:11:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
i don’t think anyones regurgitating anything or not thinking for themselves, i’ve always felt that he’s said the things we all think or even say up here. he just so happens to be a nerd that can articulate it better/funnier

next time he makes a drama video, look at the instagram comments of the latest post of the people he talks about. im willing to bet those people don't have slap accounts

anyways, i dont really care enough about him to continue posting on this thread. in summary i dont really fw him anymore for the reasons above. if he made videos reviewing skate parts/videos again, i would probably subscribe. too bad he put a paywall for that on patreon

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #273 on: April 21, 2022, 07:19:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

next time he makes a drama video, look at the instagram comments of the latest post of the people he talks about. im willing to bet those people don't have slap accounts

anyways, i dont really care enough about him to continue posting on this thread. in summary i dont really fw him anymore for the reasons above. if he made videos reviewing skate parts/videos again, i would probably subscribe. too bad he put a paywall for that on patreon
i mean yeah sure i’ve seen the backlash from that, but it’s just 13 year olds in big boys and melodi t shirts and dunks trying to follow along with someone they think is cool. if a pro or something gets offended by that, that’s their own issue

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #274 on: April 21, 2022, 07:40:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

he's stirring the pot. If you stir the pot you cant expect no negative repercussions from your viewers. you can't stir the fuckin pot and expect nobody to react to it, regardless of a disclaimer.

100%. This dudes gotta tread lightly since a lot of people's livelihoods depend on the skate industry.

Skate shops have shut down for less...

Ex. You could make a video and say something is lame, then your 50000 subs eat that shit up and give them the braille treatment. But then a specific riders board sales might go down based off of that initial sentiment and then...

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #275 on: April 21, 2022, 07:50:02 PM »
Wait I feel like from footage I’ve seen, this dude wears completely normal clothes aside from the weird hat on occasion. What are y’all talkin about? I thought SLAP loved Carhartts and Pontus shoes..
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #276 on: April 21, 2022, 09:47:17 PM »
His takes ain't that spicey.

I doubt anyone in the skate industry is getting too worked up over his fairly vanilla takes.

Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

somefucker

« Reply #277 on: April 22, 2022, 08:12:16 AM »
new whining video

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 621
« Reply #278 on: April 22, 2022, 08:41:51 AM »
new whining video

He's a ripping skater and this video was mind blowingly awesome

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #279 on: April 22, 2022, 08:53:01 AM »
Expand Quote
new whining video

[close]

Worst Rowley impersonation ever. He's jumped the shart. commentators are paid to hype up the event they're working at and its annoying... Hot take.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2022, 09:07:11 AM »
Expand Quote
new whining video

[close]

Its amazing how he falls too

backspinflip

• Rep: -33
« Reply #281 on: April 22, 2022, 10:37:33 AM »
Andrew Cannon's commentary is annoying... About half as annoying as this dude whining about it. Pausing the video and shit. Kind of sounds like he's exaggerating his frustration. Typical youtuber shit

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #282 on: April 22, 2022, 11:15:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
new whining video

[close]

[close]

Its amazing how he falls too

It was SO gnarly

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #283 on: April 22, 2022, 12:13:46 PM »
That was funny indeed
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 12:26:03 PM by Roy Machine »

Baglady

• Rep: -200
« Reply #284 on: April 22, 2022, 12:38:37 PM »
I think if your on the internet/public spectrum your free game for ridicule from whoever whenever no matter what age or gender identity. I’m talking about you Marbie.

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #285 on: April 22, 2022, 03:14:41 PM »
I think if your on the internet/public spectrum your free game for ridicule from whoever whenever no matter what age or gender identity. I’m talking about you Marbie.

Ooh was there a spicy Marbie controversy?

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #286 on: April 22, 2022, 04:11:57 PM »
he ok in my book

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #287 on: April 22, 2022, 04:56:08 PM »
I thought the monster hat was actually a spoof hat. Don’t it have the three crosses of Golgotha or whatever that spot was called.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #288 on: April 22, 2022, 04:56:58 PM »
Messiah energy drank
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
« Reply #289 on: April 22, 2022, 08:16:28 PM »
Golgotha is such a badass name. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #290 on: April 23, 2022, 01:05:46 AM »
Expand Quote

You're kidding me. I genuinely thought he was like 19 max just based on how he acts and carries himself. He reminds me of the manchildren you see at like smash tournaments and boardgaming events.
[close]

GH plays Melee lol.

Of fucking course he does.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #291 on: April 23, 2022, 04:01:20 AM »
Andrew Cannon's commentary is annoying... About half as annoying as this dude whining about it. Pausing the video and shit. Kind of sounds like he's exaggerating his frustration. Typical youtuber shit
We need a guy to do a video review of GH’s video review. Basically a critique of his critique of Andrew Cannon
ableSkateMag.com

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #292 on: April 23, 2022, 09:32:03 AM »
Andrew Cannon had a Dying Wish hat on and from what I’ve heard is pretty into the hardcore scene. Seems like a nice dude and is okay in my book. GH was really reaching in this video, I could feel him looking for shit to pick apart, and I say that as someone who normally enjoys all his videos.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

23shinseal

• Rep: -15
« Reply #293 on: April 23, 2022, 05:16:39 PM »
Andrew Cannon had a Dying Wish hat on and from what I’ve heard is pretty into the hardcore scene. Seems like a nice dude and is okay in my book. GH was really reaching in this video, I could feel him looking for shit to pick apart, and I say that as someone who normally enjoys all his videos.
cool that he's into hardcore but he's a terrible announcer GH was correct in his critisisms.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
« Reply #294 on: April 23, 2022, 05:22:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
cool that he's into hardcore but he's a terrible announcer GH was correct in his critisisms.

I agree Andrew seems like a nice guy but his commentary was not awesome

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -95
« Reply #295 on: April 23, 2022, 06:24:23 PM »

Truth. This guy has jumped the shark at this point, he's literally become the thing he once hated.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #296 on: April 23, 2022, 11:00:12 PM »
Andrews a vocalist for the hardcore band Worship

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #297 on: April 24, 2022, 01:20:24 AM »
new whining video

i think this is his worst video to date. basically feels like a react channel type video as he doesnt really have anything to add throughout... i really hope he can find a second wind and start pumping out good stuff consistently again

Dog the Bounty Hunter

• Rep: 2
« Reply #298 on: April 24, 2022, 01:28:00 AM »

I doubt anyone in the skate industry is getting too worked up over his fairly vanilla takes.

I don't see a lot of gifted-hate from him either. He's gifted-captain-obvious.
Icehead

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #299 on: April 24, 2022, 04:39:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He's gifted-captain-obvious.

On some messages he is, but he is the first one to get them out their to a wider audience. And his clicks show that this one was needed. I love his takes on nyjah and jagger