Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 403592 times)

citycity and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ambient Johnny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #300 on: April 24, 2022, 04:40:24 AM »
When he started complaining about the editing, thought well why the fuck are you watching some weird edit then instead of the original upload (which he clearly wasn't as it kept jumping around between groups of skaters, tricks out of order etc.).

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #301 on: April 24, 2022, 11:44:59 AM »
Expand Quote
new whining video

[close]
i think this is his worst video to date. basically feels like a react channel type video as he doesnt really have anything to add throughout... i really hope he can find a second wind and start pumping out good stuff consistently again

it is but that's what he does on twitch and if you read the description he says that it's a shortened version of his twitch livestream.

is anybody here subbed to his patreon? is it worth it?
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #302 on: April 24, 2022, 08:00:40 PM »
Golgotha is such a badass name.

I agree same with Gargamela ? Where Alexander defeated Darius? The King of Persia.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #303 on: April 24, 2022, 08:08:47 PM »
Andrews a vocalist for the hardcore band Worship

Metal band. Post HC at best. They’re good but I feel he could do better. He’s was a great skater. I’m pretty sure he spoke about being an ally on Ride Channel with a gay board graphic or whatever. Maybe on world? Wtwta graphics.

I’ll back him but there’s a limit to what I buy.  I’m not about world I grew out of sc in the 80s.

I’m not 100 on this but I liked this one part. I saw it like 2x and now I can’t find it.

I’m pretty sure he skated to the stones. And he started the part with a v on flat or up a curb opening line.

Metal band tho. 
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #304 on: April 24, 2022, 08:13:09 PM »
Expand Quote
His takes ain't that spicey.

I doubt anyone in the skate industry is getting too worked up over his fairly vanilla takes.
[close]

I don't see a lot of gifted-hate from him either. He's gifted-captain-obvious.

That’s because he’s speaking our language. He’s bringing it to normal people who Just picked up the board.

I like this. Maybe every time he says “on slap” we get more people to contribute to shoes and gear when they get bigger or whatever.

Might as well start the new kids out with the right stuff.  Not krux and brale
(A)pl(E)

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #305 on: April 24, 2022, 08:31:08 PM »
i feel like he lives in a pretty terrible place considering who he is. he's bound to run into some people that didn't take his criticisms lightly, i know i'd always be a little on edge skating around LA if my whole income was based around hating on people in the industry. maybe we'd get even spicier takes if he moved to nebraska or some place where he's not gonna encounter anyone lmao

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #306 on: April 24, 2022, 09:15:25 PM »
Only recently watched him for the first time. Was expecting him to be a huge troll, but he's pretty straight forward. He justifies a lot of his opinions, and it's pretty much the kind of talk I get into with long-time skate friends.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 45
« Reply #307 on: April 25, 2022, 03:51:28 AM »
Entertaining, often funny. Sometimes too serious and too corny in his need to intellectually rationalise things, with the trent nguyen part review for example, spending like 15mins talking about sincerity/irony in an outfit, shit was corny.

He also looks like mango and his voice is the equivalent of nyjah's outfits. But yeah hes quite funny, just good entertainment.

moneen

• Rep: -41
« Reply #308 on: April 25, 2022, 07:51:49 AM »
gifted hater is wack

he aint smart
he aint funny
and he's definitely some middle class kid still living with him mother.

his hair: WACK
his ironic not funny gear: WACK
his overuse of the BRUH soundbite:WACK
THE WAY THAT HE TALKS: WACK
the way that he doesn't even like anything unironically: WACK

But his trick selection. His trick selection is tight as fuck and I wish I could skate as well as he did :(

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #309 on: April 25, 2022, 08:30:22 AM »
I don’t understand the trent nguyen hype. Some of it was good. That deftones song is kinda wack. Really it’s just some kid who skated like someone who don’t try very hard except when it comes to accidental combo justification.

Did the guy even do any compulsory tricks? I think I don’t understand that word but clearly Trent is no pj chad
(A)pl(E)

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #310 on: April 25, 2022, 09:45:00 AM »
I don’t understand the trent nguyen hype. Some of it was good. That deftones song is kinda wack. Really it’s just some kid who skated like someone who don’t try very hard except when it comes to accidental combo justification.

Did the guy even do any compulsory tricks? I think I don’t understand that word but clearly Trent is no pj chad

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -95
« Reply #311 on: April 25, 2022, 10:14:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Painful. Skating, commentary, music. This kid has really turned into just another reaction vid youtube clown. A "content creator" just cranking out more no effort slop so he can get the youtube hits.

Can't believe this kid even has paid content apparently; you people need to get out and make some real friends for real, yeesh.

I haven't watched more then a minute or so of this shit before I feel the need to start skipping forward (looking for what I'm supposed to be 'getting' I guess) so I'm unsure about this - Is this kid serious when he's saying "whoa this guy is sick!" as he barely grazes the edge of the fountain with his tail while his nose and front wheels are already practically on the ground?

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #312 on: April 25, 2022, 10:51:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Painful. Skating, commentary, music. This kid has really turned into just another reaction vid youtube clown. A "content creator" just cranking out more no effort slop so he can get the youtube hits.

Can't believe this kid even has paid content apparently; you people need to get out and make some real friends for real, yeesh.

I haven't watched more then a minute or so of this shit before I feel the need to start skipping forward (looking for what I'm supposed to be 'getting' I guess) so I'm unsure about this - Is this kid serious when he's saying "whoa this guy is sick!" as he barely grazes the edge of the fountain with his tail while his nose and front wheels are already practically on the ground?
This is a clip from his livestream someone else ripped and posted.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #313 on: April 25, 2022, 10:55:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

yes, but his YT content are ideas ripped from live stream.  I think the SLS was from his live stream too, not sure about his tier lists but its still livestream content.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #314 on: April 25, 2022, 11:04:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

yes, but his YT content are ideas ripped from live stream.  I think the SLS was from his live stream too, not sure about his tier lists but its still livestream content.

I only point that out because the other dude was pulling his hair out stressing that GH just puts out slop, which you could argue, sure. Just not with a scrap of something else which really is just him hanging out live for 2 hours.

I would say most of the time slop is pretty entertaining. How else could we account for the popularity of marvel movies? jkjkjk

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #315 on: April 25, 2022, 11:24:56 AM »
his voice can be a little annoying, and he's definitely in the throes of his cool-ironic mid 20's, but i enjoy his commentary for the most part. my fiancee likes him but she loves gossip so that makes sense but i guess its cool he can make skateboarding interesting for someone who doesnt care about it.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #316 on: April 25, 2022, 11:27:03 AM »

i am. i dont know if i would say its "worth" it. its fine. there is some interesting stuff but its pretty disposable content.  personally i contribute to his patreon because i see a lot of potential in what he could create in the future. i see subbing to him as a speculative investment.  he has is a good product and it looks like he's heading in the right direction with it. its just not where it could be yet. i think once he works out all his hang-ups and starts to find his flow he will create some very memorable and worthwhile stuff.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #317 on: April 25, 2022, 11:46:45 AM »
I like how he gives Nyjah the Business, while everyone else is out there giving him a good ball washing. Now that GH pointed it out, every time I see a Nyjah selfie all I can see is a dude about to lean in to try and make out with me. It's like his head is permanently tilted back.

He really hit his stride with the mamaskate pants. That was the first time I'd seen someone dare call a woman "in skateboarding" out on their bullshit. skatepussy electing herself as a "professional skateboarder" too, despite her hammertime trick being a no-pop nollie shove on flat. What a dope.

Now it's just a matter of time until more stupid bullshit happens and we'll get some hot takes. I'm here for it.
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 621
« Reply #318 on: April 26, 2022, 06:29:43 AM »

This video should shut up the haters

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #319 on: April 26, 2022, 07:09:51 AM »

I can't believe he just spilled the beans on this Rn. Career suicide dropping that insider info?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
« Reply #320 on: April 26, 2022, 07:30:04 AM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #321 on: April 26, 2022, 07:48:09 AM »
a guy of many talents

Dead to Me

• Rep: 74
« Reply #322 on: April 26, 2022, 07:50:55 AM »
I sat there and listened to the entire thing for some reason.

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #323 on: April 26, 2022, 08:43:43 AM »

Warning, Youtube might take this vid down very Quick, some big companies might not like that he told the truth about ankel smith. Be fast

I feel like the time when we shared Shecks backside kickflip down el toro and YouTube took down the clips in no time due to copyright claims of redbull. Only some Posters got a lucky dm and saw it.

Once again, be Quick on this one

doublesteveburger

« Reply #324 on: April 26, 2022, 09:58:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Warning, Youtube might take this vid down very Quick, some big companies might not like that he told the truth about ankel smith. Be fast

I feel like the time when we shared Shecks backside kickflip down el toro and YouTube took down the clips in no time due to copyright claims of redbull. Only some Posters got a lucky dm and saw it.

takes a heavy/hairy set of nuts to bring back such trauma

The Mad Rapper

« Reply #325 on: April 26, 2022, 10:27:02 AM »
i find myself usually agreeing with most of his opinionated claims. He may drag things on a little too long and just kinda drift but the root of his points and criticism i usually find myself feeling the same as he does.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #326 on: April 26, 2022, 10:50:33 AM »
i find myself usually agreeing with most of his opinionated claims. He may drag things on a little too long and just kinda drift but the root of his points and criticism i usually find myself feeling the same as he does.

trust me
last video is straight to the point, no drag

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #327 on: April 26, 2022, 11:00:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I know it's a cliche how web content is hard to retain, but seeing those Sheckler clips just once has made them engraved into my brain more so than some videos I've watched 20 times. Sometimes I feel like I dreamed it until I see someone else bring it up.

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #328 on: April 26, 2022, 01:59:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
new whining video

[close]
i think this is his worst video to date. basically feels like a react channel type video as he doesnt really have anything to add throughout... i really hope he can find a second wind and start pumping out good stuff consistently again
[close]

it is but that's what he does on twitch and if you read the description he says that it's a shortened version of his twitch livestream.

depends how much you like him. you get roughly an extra video per week, "access" to the patreon only instagram where he does clip reviews, and is actually semi-active in those comments/DMs.

like someone else said, it's kinda "speculative investment". I really like him and his content, so if I can support it growing into something better I will

if you think you're missing out on a gold mine of content, you aren't. most patreon videos are more entertaining than his youtube content given he can be more candid behind a paywall, but it isn't night and day difference.

if you're a fan of him like me, drop the $10. getting a gifted hater patreon notification for a new video is pretty epic, but if you only have a passing enjoyment of him, i wouldn't do it.

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #329 on: April 26, 2022, 02:12:05 PM »

Even my dog was like what the fuck yo