Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 380004 times)

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #510 on: June 14, 2022, 05:50:57 PM »

You right. My bad.

What's your favorite Dino Jr. song?

Given the new direction of this thread if it's anything other that "Said The People" or "Left/Right" I'll be severely disappointed.

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #511 on: June 14, 2022, 06:05:39 PM »
Expand Quote

You right. My bad.

[close]

Given the new direction of this thread if it's anything other that "Said The People" or "Left/Right" I'll be severely disappointed.

Reminds me of how J Mascis and Lou Barlow endorsed Bernie. Its funny, I would have figured J was completely apolitical, so that was cool to see.

EDIT: I didn't realize that Dino Jr. had a skate connection through Phelps being from Boston. Completely forgot about that fact: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9ciR5cks6s
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #512 on: June 14, 2022, 06:49:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

You right. My bad.

[close]

[close]

Reminds me of how J Mascis and Lou Barlow endorsed Bernie. Its funny, I would have figured J was completely apolitical, so that was cool to see.

EDIT: I didn't realize that Dino Jr. had a skate connection through Phelps being from Boston. Completely forgot about that fact: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9ciR5cks6s

You should watch Memory Screen (and Mindfield). Dino has been a part of skating for a very long time.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

FatGuy92

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #513 on: June 14, 2022, 06:54:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I can't believe the amount of people who just don't understand how cringe it is to listen to some park kid who's not educated on literal staples in skate history talk about skateboarding. Especially when his takes are just shit the core community has been saying for years, like holy shit he doesn't like Nyjah, Steve Berra, Rip n dip or various other known kook shit that everyone already bashes. What a fresh and edgy opinion that I couldn't make for myself.
[close]

https://youtu.be/MDl4W3_6dqA
[close]

I seriously am surprised by the amount of people on here that just seem to not give a shit about classic skate videos nor understand the impact some have made. Its hilarious how everyone automatically thinks I'm old because I appreciate old skate videos and understand the importance they had in shaping our culture into what it is today. I'm not sure if you guys are aware that there's other ways to get exposed to things besides being alive in that time period (reading, curiosity, allusions, recommendations of people I meet). That's like calling anyone who listens to Nirvana a boomer. Whatever though, Keep siding with the indie brand circle jerker who has somehow never heard of Evisen, obviously because he's totally core and in the know.
[close]

You're going beyond appreciation. You're saying someone's opinions on skateboarding are invalid because they didn't watch a specific old skateboarding video that you like. Complete kook behavior.

It's one thing to like old skate videos and appreciate the history and progression, but instead you're projecting some insecurities. I love watching skate videos from before my time, but I'm not going to force others to watch some shakey cam footage of mobbed front side flip down an EMB 3 stair.

You are getting all pretentious and snooty about the history of skate videos and skate writing blah blah blah... while simultaneously making some weird dismissive comments about college and Marxism. Seems like you have a giant chip on your shoulder about education, and are using skate history to compensate. You're as bad as the pretentious liberal professors I had to deal with.
[close]

I'm not the one talking about marxism dipshit... I'm not even registered to vote or give any type of fuck about politics. It's not pretentious to not think someone's opinion isn't credible because they aren't as educated as they try to come off as.

Dawg it's a fucking dude making YouTube videos chill out. Go outside and get some air.

palelight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #514 on: June 14, 2022, 07:27:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

You right. My bad.

[close]

[close]

[close]

You should watch Memory Screen (and Mindfield). Dino has been a part of skating for a very long time.

Omar and J dicking around is some wholesome shit. Also, AVE as your roadie...

tonitonne

« Reply #515 on: June 14, 2022, 08:08:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I can't believe the amount of people who just don't understand how cringe it is to listen to some park kid who's not educated on literal staples in skate history talk about skateboarding. Especially when his takes are just shit the core community has been saying for years, like holy shit he doesn't like Nyjah, Steve Berra, Rip n dip or various other known kook shit that everyone already bashes. What a fresh and edgy opinion that I couldn't make for myself.
[close]

[close]

I seriously am surprised by the amount of people on here that just seem to not give a shit about classic skate videos nor understand the impact some have made. Its hilarious how everyone automatically thinks I'm old because I appreciate old skate videos and understand the importance they had in shaping our culture into what it is today. I'm not sure if you guys are aware that there's other ways to get exposed to things besides being alive in that time period (reading, curiosity, allusions, recommendations of people I meet). That's like calling anyone who listens to Nirvana a boomer. Whatever though, Keep siding with the indie brand circle jerker who has somehow never heard of Evisen, obviously because he's totally core and in the know.
[close]

You're going beyond appreciation. You're saying someone's opinions on skateboarding are invalid because they didn't watch a specific old skateboarding video that you like. Complete kook behavior.

It's one thing to like old skate videos and appreciate the history and progression, but instead you're projecting some insecurities. I love watching skate videos from before my time, but I'm not going to force others to watch some shakey cam footage of mobbed front side flip down an EMB 3 stair.

You are getting all pretentious and snooty about the history of skate videos and skate writing blah blah blah... while simultaneously making some weird dismissive comments about college and Marxism. Seems like you have a giant chip on your shoulder about education, and are using skate history to compensate. You're as bad as the pretentious liberal professors I had to deal with.
[close]

I'm not the one talking about marxism dipshit... I'm not even registered to vote or give any type of fuck about politics. It's not pretentious to not think someone's opinion isn't credible because they aren't as educated as they try to come off as.
[close]

Dawg it's a fucking dude making YouTube videos chill out. Go outside and get some air.

Ah yes another favorite of mine, the old "I don't agree with what you're saying so I'm going to try and act like you're irrational for voicing your opinion". Fat guy, I did go outside today, and I did the best switch pop shuv i've ever done in my life.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #516 on: June 14, 2022, 08:47:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ah yes another favorite of mine, the old "I don't agree with what you're saying so I'm going to try and act like you're irrational for voicing your opinion". Fat guy, I did go outside today, and I did the best switch pop shuv i've ever done in my life.

Never said I disagreed with you. Someone claiming to be an expert on a topic should know the history of said topic, but GH is a dude on YouTube making funny/opinion videos about hot topics in today's skate scene. He's not the Skate Historian and I don't think he's ever claimed to be an authoritative figure in the skate scene. Whats irrational is you getting heated on an online skateboarding forum.

Stoked you got switch pop shuvs though that's an awkward trick. Easier frontside imo.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #517 on: June 14, 2022, 09:38:22 PM »
I like watching his shortform videos of him commenting on the industry and other YouTube personalities.

I tried to watch him watching a skate video and just couldn't get through it, but in all fairness, I don't really want to watch anyone watching something else. It just seems parasitic and like they're trying to come up with things to say to fill time.

Overall, I like him in small doses. Some people I don't like even in small doses.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

tonitonne

« Reply #518 on: June 14, 2022, 10:00:08 PM »
Not trying to come across as heated, honestly. Just in my experience most people i have met and talked to who like skating a lot tend to really dive into it. That usually includes checking out old skate videos and looking at old graphics. Obviously, being aware of what's going on in it today as well. I really am confused as to why everyone thinks this is such an out of place take.

I just find it odd he cares enough to make videos about skate drama, as well as lurk on slap. But doesn't seem to be educated on historical staples. For example, how he didnt understand that real board was a tribute to a kelch graphic and didn't take that into account at all when talking about it, like he just acted like it was some wierd random graphic they did with no purpose. I know his videos aren't serious obviously, but not acknowledging stuff like that is lame to me.

Switch front shuv is way less consistent for me then regular switch shuv though, interesting how tricks are like that for people

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #519 on: June 14, 2022, 10:01:36 PM »
The Video Days thing is surprising to me.

Video Days was before my time as well, but since I grew up in a time when magazines were still prevalent, and a lot of the articles waxed poetic about Video Days and how important it was. It's possible that with the advent of social media and YouTube, Video Days hasn't been revered as frequently and strongly as in print media, so it lost part of its significance with that shift.

Even so, the lore and the cultural importance of Video Days must still be visible to the current "core demographic" of skateboarding to a degree. And if you're a skate "nerd" (meaning you care about the history of skating), then Video Days must hold at least a little attraction to you. It's not even like it's a bad video either, it's still so good even now, editing music and of course skating-wise. 

But hey, I haven't watched any of the old Powell videos all the way through, just seminal parts like Ray Barbee in Ban This, simply because I wrote them off as dated and corny. Maybe that's the case with GH and Video Days (or a former Slap poster and Questionable  :-X )

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #520 on: June 14, 2022, 10:20:17 PM »
Not trying to come across as heated, honestly. Just in my experience most people i have met and talked to who like skating a lot tend to really dive into it. That usually includes checking out old skate videos and looking at old graphics. Obviously, being aware of what's going on in it today as well. I really am confused as to why everyone thinks this is such an out of place take.

It's the gatekeeping of such an insignificant matter that makes you come across like a dinosaur. In spirit! You can keep it too real regardless of your age.

tonitonne

« Reply #521 on: June 15, 2022, 06:15:37 AM »
I don't believe you can keep it too real ever personally, but we can disagree on that. Especially in skateboarding which has always been an escape from disingenuous people. I don't hate gifted hater or anything, I just feel like he should dive a little deeper into skating if he wants to keep making videos and continue to have a core audience.   Otherwise people will start to tune out over demonstrating a lack of knowledge.

Plus the whole complaining about fans recording his live streams thing was a real kook moment as well. That's like being in a band and bitching about fans in the audience recording you. Instead being glad fans think enough of your opinions to record and repost you, But no since he slips up on streams and says stupid shit he doesn't want that out there. That to me is some very self concious kook shit. Like its okay for him to say certain things on twitch when hes streaming, but if someone else takes that same clip and puts it on youtube it's not. Once again, not hating, just calling it like I see it. Which skaters have always done.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #522 on: June 15, 2022, 06:51:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What you're worried about I think here is cultural transmission from generation to generation and very understandably so because on a level that completely transcends skateboarding that literally dictates the direction the world is going, it very much is a responsibility but also I believe a non-issue at the end of the day, there are plenty of Instagram accounts like elpatosk8, nbd_archive, scienceversuslife or thepastparticiple (for popular examples) that archive classic skateboarding maybe in a way that doesn't exactly do justice to the original videos as full-length pieces but keep everything visible, from historical clips to very local stories. What's important is accessibility to those platforms (on the same level as any other) but I think it's timeless that any 'real' skater will be at least to an extent interested in the history of the practice and look it up. It's a complex phenomenon, different generations are conditioned to different formats and different pacings, knowing how to juggle with that as a professional or personal media outlet and in a way 'modernize' the presentation of information is a science or maybe art of its own. I believe as long as it's visible then all skating will speak to whoever it should be speaking to, sometimes that requires a certain level of maturity from the person as well.

Either way personal stylistic or technical achievements are one thing but what I think matters first and foremost is that the original, literal do-it-yourself message of skateboarding does not get diluted, because skateboarding is way too great of a potential social and educational tool for the youth at a crucial time in their development where I believe the individual is particularly vulnerable to their environment encouraging them to either confirm or infirm certain healthy natural impulses of theirs for good (in addition to influencing tourism and business from more interested, lucrative municipal points of view, making it a social win-win). This world needs a general boost in self-confidence in people and skateboarding has the power to achieve that, but that's by design and why I wouldn't worry. Look at the object, it's so simple and rudimentary, barely one technical notch above a singular wheel. Intrinsically so much room for interpretation is left, you probably shouldn't sweat it fighting windmills regardless of how loud. This message board even has literal teenager Ricky Oyola hardcore fans who genuinely read, understand and get his skating, just relatively quiet because they're cool.

It's only a natural tradition that this should keep reflecting in videos then. Just the other day I was watching Limosine videos for the first time and enjoyed them because I sensed spirit in the skating even if the form had nothing to do with 1281 nor all the VX I grew up watching and still tend to prefer. You also seem well aware of the independent scenes and so the quality stuff that does exist; can't expect everything else to look the same and especially not the farce that is skating's whole commercial facade. If you're doing your part in relaying the values that matter to you on a personal level, then everything is probably OK (I know I send videos older than them to local kids a lot, all the while aware that they will first read them as curiosities since from an unrelatable time frame, and yet they always see the same things I too see in them regardless of the gap and get stoked; just remember communication is 50/50 and present things accordingly regardless of your true passion).

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #523 on: June 15, 2022, 06:55:25 AM »
"you kids ever heard of the bones brigade?"

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #524 on: June 15, 2022, 07:04:36 AM »
Never go full "I already made that one up in 78!".

thebacker

« Reply #525 on: June 15, 2022, 07:34:39 AM »
creepies is my fav dino jr song

tonitonne

« Reply #526 on: June 15, 2022, 07:55:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

What you're worried about I think here is cultural transmission from generation to generation and very understandably so because on a level that completely transcends skateboarding that literally dictates the direction the world is going, it very much is a responsibility but also I believe a non-issue at the end of the day, there are plenty of Instagram accounts like elpatosk8, nbd_archive, scienceversuslife or thepastparticiple (for popular examples) that archive classic skateboarding maybe in a way that doesn't exactly do justice to the original videos as full-length pieces but keep everything visible, from historical clips to very local stories. What's important is accessibility to those platforms (on the same level as any other) but I think it's timeless that any 'real' skater will be at least to an extent interested in the history of the practice and look it up. It's a complex phenomenon, different generations are conditioned to different formats and different pacings, knowing how to juggle with that as a professional or personal media outlet and in a way 'modernize' the presentation of information is a science or maybe art of its own. I believe as long as it's visible then all skating will speak to whoever it should be speaking to, sometimes that requires a certain level of maturity from the person as well.

Either way personal stylistic or technical achievements are one thing but what I think matters first and foremost is that the original, literal do-it-yourself message of skateboarding does not get diluted, because skateboarding is way too great of a potential social and educational tool for the youth at a crucial time in their development where I believe the individual is particularly vulnerable to their environment encouraging them to either confirm or infirm certain healthy natural impulses of theirs for good (in addition to influencing tourism and business from more interested, lucrative municipal points of view, making it a social win-win). This world needs a general boost in self-confidence in people and skateboarding has the power to achieve that, but that's by design and why I wouldn't worry. Look at the object, it's so simple and rudimentary, barely one technical notch above a singular wheel. Intrinsically so much room for interpretation is left, you probably shouldn't sweat it fighting windmills regardless of how loud. This message board even has literal teenager Ricky Oyola hardcore fans who genuinely read, understand and get his skating, just relatively quiet because they're cool.

It's only a natural tradition that this should keep reflecting in videos then. Just the other day I was watching Limosine videos for the first time and enjoyed them because I sensed spirit in the skating even if the form had nothing to do with 1281 nor all the VX I grew up watching and still tend to prefer. You also seem well aware of the independent scenes and so the quality stuff that does exist; can't expect everything else to look the same and especially not the farce that is skating's whole commercial facade. If you're doing your part in relaying the values that matter to you on a personal level, then everything is probably OK (I know I send videos older than them to local kids a lot, all the while aware that they will first read them as curiosities since from an unrelatable time frame, and yet they always see the same things I too see in them regardless of the gap and get stoked; just remember communication is 50/50 and present things accordingly regardless of your true passion).

I'm really glad someome else understands this isn't just some "THesE DaMN KiDS Ain'T KnoW sHiT beCAUSE ThEy haVe'nt sEen ViDYa dAys!!!" type of rant like everyone is making it out to be. Skating is my life, i didn't skate in the 90s, but i'm sure as hell glad video days, questionable, goldfish, non fiction, fucktards, ect. came out and had the impact they did to pave the way for us to be able to skate how we do today. That's all, and that appreciation seems to be getting lost as time goes on. I just feel that someone who has kind of been adopted as the spokesperson for the core side (whether you agree or not) should just maybe express the importance of these videos to his viewers instead of straight up ignoring watching anything before his time. I'm not saying going on some "sKaTiNG WaS beTtER bACK iN THe dAy" shit, But just expressing an appreciation and recognizing the importance that people like Mike Carroll, for example, have for his contributions into skateboarding and how it enables us to do what we do today. I really didn't think that this many people on here would think old skate videos are strictly for boomers and that it's not important for younger generations to see. I also personally wouldn't want to listen to someone talk about something that has no knowledge of the subject prior to the time period they got into it. I guess the best way I can put it is, Who do you think is more knowledgeable and you trust to fix your car more? Someone who has a knowlege of fixing old and new cars or someone who can just fix new cars?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #527 on: June 15, 2022, 08:38:03 AM »
Well there you go, you didn't skate in the 90's and yet watched all the videos which is sick and proof there is nothing to be worried about, your own case should be reassuring. There is this thing called vulgarization and I think that's the role people like Gifted Hater (which I've never ever watched and is a foreign concept to me so I'm taking your word here) or Rad Rat basically play, core is a marketing term in the sense that a revenue-generating YouTube podcast can only be so core or niche (and in a sense takes this exact type of profile to make work), any kid with a sincere interest in and reading of skating quickly will outgrow the format and do their own research, find their own gems. Which they literally couldn't go out of their way to find if no pop influencer had ever referenced or shown to them.

Current shift is also cool because a lot of commonly embellished aspects of skating's 'official' history are starting to crumble down under the weight of human weakness meets social media which naturally exposes the schisms in between commercial image and reality (sometimes for decades), sometimes that can involve desacralizing some names as general awareness around their character improves and the consumer reconsiders who exactly they give their money to and is to back as a role model to their kids. Recognizing history is important but sanctifying names is something else and I think welcome to relativize. The art before the artist, etc.

Your car example is cool but I'm not sure works, most people would probably think according to their direct needs and type of car that they own, those with a recent car might assume the place that can only handle those is specialized and thus do the work really well. Whereas those with an older car will obviously by default opt for place number one but sometimes by fear of asking place number two what they possibly can do even if that meant compatible parts and better service there.

Side note, but I'd rather meet someone who's never heard of Mark Gonzales than someone who claims Mark Gonzales is his favorite skater to buy their own selves cred by desperate association and really hasn't ever watched or genuinely appreciated one of his classic parts, or even his current YouTube stuff and just saw a few Krooked graphics or commercials. But that's called superficiality and insecurity and again transcends skateboarding completely.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 08:46:10 AM by silhouette »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #528 on: June 15, 2022, 08:47:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm really glad someome else understands this isn't just some "THesE DaMN KiDS Ain'T KnoW sHiT beCAUSE ThEy haVe'nt sEen ViDYa dAys!!!" type of rant like everyone is making it out to be. Skating is my life, i didn't skate in the 90s, but i'm sure as hell glad video days, questionable, goldfish, non fiction, fucktards, ect. came out and had the impact they did to pave the way for us to be able to skate how we do today. That's all, and that appreciation seems to be getting lost as time goes on. I just feel that someone who has kind of been adopted as the spokesperson for the core side (whether you agree or not) should just maybe express the importance of these videos to his viewers instead of straight up ignoring watching anything before his time. I'm not saying going on some "sKaTiNG WaS beTtER bACK iN THe dAy" shit, But just expressing an appreciation and recognizing the importance that people like Mike Carroll, for example, have for his contributions into skateboarding and how it enables us to do what we do today. I really didn't think that this many people on here would think old skate videos are strictly for boomers and that it's not important for younger generations to see. I also personally wouldn't want to listen to someone talk about something that has no knowledge of the subject prior to the time period they got into it. I guess the best way I can put it is, Who do you think is more knowledgeable and you trust to fix your car more? Someone who has a knowlege of fixing old and new cars or someone who can just fix new cars?
To be fair I don't think he knows much about relatively new skating either. "Oh what are those?oh Busenitz shoes I think I remember them".

tonitonne

« Reply #529 on: June 15, 2022, 09:25:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
To be fair I don't think he knows much about relatively new skating either. "Oh what are those?oh Busenitz shoes I think I remember them".

Exactly. This is why I keep bringing up the Evisen thing.

milk.razor

• Rep: 11
« Reply #530 on: June 18, 2022, 05:52:54 AM »
i kind of agree with the sentiment and also find his videos funny. the car analogy is ironic i think because most people have no idea how modern cars work (they’re all just computers!) which i also agree with and is exactly why i sometimes watch gifted hater. i have no fucking clue who these tiktok skaters are, this whole social media realm of skating is foreign to me so its interesting to watch someone younger than me clown on it, and i can keep my distance.
i thought his new video kind of showed some teeth, which i liked. he went in on koston, who will cash anybody’s check, before punching down on some of these influencer types like he always does
No fun allowed. Also get your phone out and film this for my insta edit. Also don’t breath too loud. Bitch.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #531 on: June 18, 2022, 06:56:20 AM »
i kind of agree with the sentiment and also find his videos funny. the car analogy is ironic i think because most people have no idea how modern cars work (they’re all just computers!) which i also agree with and is exactly why i sometimes watch gifted hater. i have no fucking clue who these tiktok skaters are, this whole social media realm of skating is foreign to me so its interesting to watch someone younger than me clown on it, and i can keep my distance.
i thought his new video kind of showed some teeth, which i liked. he went in on koston, who will cash anybody’s check, before punching down on some of these influencer types like he always does
I think after two years he's gonna have to evolve his schtick a bit. just the Koston Berries ad thing for example it's good overall how he wraps it up but going in on every little detail "she went higher than him" etc is how an 8th grader goes in on things. It's gonna burn out his audience.

milk.razor

« Reply #532 on: June 18, 2022, 08:12:49 AM »
that’s true but 8th graders could be like most of his audience. hence all the memes and shit. 15-21 yr olds are probably buying his patreon and keepin the lights on after all
No fun allowed. Also get your phone out and film this for my insta edit. Also don’t breath too loud. Bitch.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 96
« Reply #533 on: June 18, 2022, 12:30:37 PM »
new video with the joke about gary v's drawing looking like the QS logo had me chuckling

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #534 on: June 18, 2022, 02:44:50 PM »
it’s hilarious to me that someone (multiple someones actually) who aren’t steve berra, are typing out this much bullshit about a youtube personality who has literally nothing to do with them/doesn’t affect them at all. like dude… it is really not that serious. the amount of text within one page of this thread would make you think it was filled with a bunch of english majors arguing over the meaning of the ending of hamlet or something. chill.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #535 on: June 18, 2022, 04:56:04 PM »
wait, he doesn't know about evisen?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

milk.razor

« Reply #536 on: June 19, 2022, 04:30:31 PM »
it’s hilarious to me that someone (multiple someones actually) who aren’t steve berra, are typing out this much bullshit about a youtube personality who has literally nothing to do with them/doesn’t affect them at all. like dude… it is really not that serious. the amount of text within one page of this thread would make you think it was filled with a bunch of english majors arguing over the meaning of the ending of hamlet or something. chill.

man i come here to talk about shit and thats what im gonna do

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #537 on: June 21, 2022, 08:43:25 AM »
wait, he doesn't know about evisen?
He doesn't really care about skateboarding outside of the US, which to me, is even worse than not having seen Video Days since his lane is covering the current skating landscape.

I still find his stuff entertaining even though I hate the hive mind around his whole fanbase.

tonitonne

« Reply #538 on: June 21, 2022, 09:04:20 AM »

This is a super fried thing to say on a literal message board.

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #539 on: June 21, 2022, 02:32:50 PM »
I laugh every time he uses that 'We make it look easy' soundbite.

Small things amuse small minds I guess.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?