Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 379848 times)

Pastasash and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KGB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #570 on: July 14, 2022, 10:45:49 AM »
What does he bring that a bunch of people aren’t spewing here? I’ve just watched small bits.

Nothing.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #571 on: July 18, 2022, 02:49:53 PM »
I made it to the I love you tier

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #572 on: July 18, 2022, 03:05:32 PM »
I made it to the I love you tier

Yewwww!

...unless you're a milf, then that's cool too.

tonitonne

« Reply #573 on: July 18, 2022, 03:29:26 PM »
You guys still watch this guy?? Dude literally is trying to say rollerbladers are cool.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #574 on: July 18, 2022, 04:16:09 PM »
You guys still watch this guy?? Dude literally is trying to say rollerbladers are cool.

I really like the bladers at my local. Super nice dudes, take the gnarliest slams and they agreed not to wax the coping anymore after I almost died on a fs grind.

In a world filled with scooters, you gotta love the blades

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #575 on: July 18, 2022, 04:23:37 PM »
I can at least understand the appeal of blading and rollerskating, it can sometimes look pretty fun, it’s skiing on wheels

It seems really unnecessary to shit on someone else’s toy preferences but, hot take, I think scootering looks silly, especially for adults

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #576 on: July 18, 2022, 04:52:20 PM »
Blading is sicker than skating

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #577 on: July 18, 2022, 04:56:58 PM »
Shit, I've sort of felt like the annoying dude in the "Yew" category and have toned it down but then I feel like I'm unintentionally coolguying when I don't give props or acknowledge when someone does the same for me sometimes.

dilbert1

• Rep: 141
« Reply #578 on: July 18, 2022, 05:39:26 PM »
I really like the bladers at my local. Super nice dudes, take the gnarliest slams and they agreed not to wax the coping anymore after I almost died on a fs grind.

Honestly hard for me to imagine this is true

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #579 on: July 18, 2022, 06:06:33 PM »
there was a dude living in my town for about a year and half that skated and was quite nice, but he waxed the coping...

it took a while to figure out that it was him - i really didn't expect it to be a skater. i would even make comments about it to him before knowing he was the culprit and i guess he would just be like "yeah..." and continued to do it on the down low.

saw him doing it while pulling up to the skatepark one day and had to be like, "dude, this is super dangerous and makes it no fun for everybody else - you need to not do this/why do you do this?". he was a bit cut and said he just liked to go fast - it was weird 'cause he actually did skate really fast - so it wasn't like he was slow and wanted the waxed coping to help him grind. he kept doing it and i just stopped dealing with him. thankfully he moved.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #580 on: July 18, 2022, 06:35:03 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJFQRj02Lys

Alright, before I watch it... about to see how much I'm going to get roasted for being the overly supportive guy who gets way too hype on everyone else's skating.

My hype is entirely real not fake, but I'm like a quieter and less annoying Flava Flav hypeman lol. I try not to bother people who look like they want to be left alone, but sometimes they are doing too sick of shit and I can't contain myself. FS flip off a ramp over a barrier like 4-5 feet in the air? You better believe I'm going to get at least a little hyped on every close attempt. Sorry.

I've also helped a bunch of people learn tricks they are struggling with, which is always the highlight of my session when it happens. I dual as the shepherd of politely herding the newbies out of the way while they learn to ollie. I've helped a couple people do their first ollie which is always really hype for me.

Hopefully I'm a net positive on the vibes and not a complete kook. Probably a little bit of a kook, but fuck you I'm always being kind and genuine.

EDIT: Alright, I'm Yew guy mixed with a less annoying/more constructive version of the Advisor. I only offer help when its clearly someone new or struggling to learn something that I actually have good advice on. I'll always ask for consent first too.

I agree with him that Bladers are cool. I've heard the thing that sucks about them is they over-wax everything and it becomes dangerous for anyone on anything else. So that is understandable... but usually they are skating the hubbas that are too big for me, so they don't bother my session at all. ONE issue I have seen with Bladers is them playing fucking "tag" in a crowded skatepark. Super dangerous and kooky behavior. If the park is empty, that sounds like a ton of fun, but they were doing it at peak hours at the literal busiest I've ever seen the skatepark. Nipple clamps for those guys for sure.

I also understand where he is coming from with BMXers. I think another point is that their bikes tend to destroy grind surfaces very rapidly. However, the BMXers around here are SUPER careful about not running into other people. Even when the other person is at fault (or about to be at fault) they go out of their way to avoid the situation and skip their "turn" just to make sure everyone is safe. Huge respect to those guys. They're also very sick like the Inline skaters.

One of the BMXers around here is a "perfect attendance" guy for me, and he seems pretty damn good. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he is sponsored in some way. But the absolute nicest dude, and he improves every session I have for sure.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 07:21:36 PM by FuzzGNU »
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #581 on: July 18, 2022, 06:37:53 PM »
I thought he totally snubbed Alex Willms in the soty-so-far video.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

tonitonne

« Reply #582 on: July 18, 2022, 07:16:53 PM »
Blading will always be for people who think skateboarding is too hard. You know it's bad when you have to skate 80 stair kink rails to try and make it remotely interesting to watch. Its easier than skateboarding hands down because it's literally attached to your feet. If you grew up in the late 90s/ early 2000s im sure you've messed around on a set as well so it's not like im talking out my ass here. Plus the wax, come on man i like to grind shit too and am also a avid wax user but those fuckers literally will cake anything with a 90 degree edge. They wax the ground sometimes to do slides around here too.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #583 on: July 18, 2022, 07:30:43 PM »
Blading will always be for people who think skateboarding is too hard. You know it's bad when you have to skate 80 stair kink rails to try and make it remotely interesting to watch. Its easier than skateboarding hands down because it's literally attached to your feet. If you grew up in the late 90s/ early 2000s im sure you've messed around on a set as well so it's not like im talking out my ass here. Plus the wax, come on man i like to grind shit too and am also a avid wax user but those fuckers literally will cake anything with a 90 degree edge. They wax the ground sometimes to do slides around here too.
I can attest to this. I dropped in and was doing airs and grinds first day on blades on a 6 foot ramp. Took me 2 years to drop in and do axle stalls on a board. My blades got stolen 2 days after first using it. I felt it as the universe telling me to not to take the easy route.

dilbert1

• Rep: 141
« Reply #584 on: July 18, 2022, 09:18:43 PM »
ONE issue I have seen with Bladers is them playing fucking "tag" in a crowded skatepark.

Lmao what in the fuck?? ???

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #585 on: July 18, 2022, 10:19:33 PM »
Bladers are fine, unobtrusive and most of them are older (late 20s to mid 30s) so they are mature enough to stay out of the way. A group even gave me an almost new block of wax because it wasn't soft enough for them to slide with.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #586 on: July 18, 2022, 11:28:28 PM »
Scooters replaced bladers 100%.( At least in western Sydney.) It's the same thing it's pretty fun for a newbie but if they have any ability at all they learn basically everything in the first two weeks then get over it. There used to be a big crew of bladers I think called "manly blades" (manly is also a place but funny to see it written out) who would come out and were pretty chat tho. Just take over a park and wax the shit out of everything then not even really grind just jump next to the ledge or rail and kick it as they went past. One time their leader was like it's 30 degrees boys everyone shirts off and proceeded to peer pressure the whole team to go topless. These guys must of been at least 25. 

smellymoron69

• Rep: -17
« Reply #587 on: July 18, 2022, 11:37:24 PM »
Shit, I've sort of felt like the annoying dude in the "Yew" category and have toned it down but then I feel like I'm unintentionally coolguying when I don't give props or acknowledge when someone does the same for me sometimes.
You could just give board taps like the average person. Or golf claps or a lil whistle. Not saying I hate yew'ers or anything, but there are other options.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #588 on: July 19, 2022, 02:00:33 AM »
im a moderate yew guy/cruiser who only does safe tricks because i used to skate way better

bladers are mostly friendly and alright nowadays and actually ask if it's ok to wax shit, bmxers are sick as fuck and usually ride super safe where i'm at. cohabitating a park with those guys is usually not a problem as they are outnumbered by skaters anyways, who are in turn outnumbered by scooterkids plus parents.

i don't even mind the scooterkids and toddlers that much, it's just that because they are often super young they start to sit down and cry in the middle of the obstacle when they hurt themselves and then wait to get picked up by their parents who just fucking stay right in the middle with them consoling them making everyone wait minutes. then they get pissed when you tell them they shouldn't linger around that much because ideally everyone has to stop what they are doing for their shitty kid.

this also goes with ridiculuos requests like:"i wanted to let my 2 year old skate a bit, could i borrow a board and would you mind not skating for 5 minutes so he can ride around a bit?" your kid is 2(!), motherfucker still needs to learn how to walk correctly. you want to borrow a board? you want the whole park to stop skating for you kid? you guys came in with a scooter, i little bike, inline skates and tried to play some ball across the rail already, just buy your fucking kid a skateboard, jesus christ. you clearly have enough money. 

parents at the skatepark are the absolute worst. they ruin skateboarding for their kids and the rest.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #589 on: July 19, 2022, 05:37:10 AM »
I likewise back bladers. Generally the ones around here are a little older and they're the ones that stuck with it despite no longer being popular. I can't help but respect that.

tonitonne

« Reply #590 on: July 19, 2022, 06:28:07 AM »
Rollerbladers suck they are just as annoying as scooters doesn't matter how old they are. All blading is fake steez plus the wax. Sorry, but my time is limited just like everyone else and I don't want to spend it around those jackasses grabbing their feet and be slipping out of grinds as well. Shocked by the amount of people willing to defend blading on here, they are still just as bad as they were in the 90s/2000s. Also, IT IS EASIER than skateboarding I still can proboally do a ton of grind variations and I haven't messed around with it in a long time. Garuntee you all could hit a 15 stair handrail on blades within the first month of messing with it. How many of you can skate handrails that big on skateboards? Plus pizza flip thats a bad take. If skateboarding died out are you just gonna quit? No, probably not unless you just weren't that into it in the first place.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #591 on: July 19, 2022, 06:31:09 AM »
Rollerbladers suck they are just as annoying as scooters doesn't matter how old they are. All blading is fake steez plus the wax. Sorry, but my time is limited just like everyone else and I don't want to spend it around those jackasses grabbing their feet and be slipping out of grinds as well. Shocked by the amount of people willing to defend blading on here, they are still just as bad as they were in the 90s/2000s. Also, IT IS EASIER than skateboarding I still can proboally do a ton of grind variations and I haven't messed around with it in a long time. Garuntee you all could hit a 15 stair handrail on blades within the first month of messing with it. How many of you can skate handrails that big on skateboards? Plus pizza flip thats a bad take. If skateboarding died out are you just gonna quit? No, probably not unless you just weren't that into it in the first place.

that's my point, you fucking idiot. 99% of them did quit around here, so I'm giving kudos to the ones that didn't. Just like the several waves of skateboarders who quit that clearly weren't that into it in the first place. How on earth could you possibly misinterpret that?

tonitonne

« Reply #592 on: July 19, 2022, 06:43:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that's my point, you fucking idiot. 99% of them did quit around here, so I'm giving kudos to the ones that didn't. Just like the several waves of skateboarders who quit that clearly weren't that into it in the first place.

Giving kudos to kooks for continuing to be corny and overwax the park?? Also, the name calling wasn't necesarry. There's better ways to get your point across and being a dickbag who throws personal insults isn't one of them. Of course you like rollerbladers because you're just as much of a kook as they are with you inability to have discussions with people.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #593 on: July 19, 2022, 06:47:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

that's my point, you fucking idiot. 99% of them did quit around here, so I'm giving kudos to the ones that didn't. Just like the several waves of skateboarders who quit that clearly weren't that into it in the first place.
[close]

Giving kudos to kooks for continuing to be corny and overwax the park?? Also, the name calling wasn't necesarry. There's better ways to get your point across and being a dickbag who throws personal insults isn't one of them. Of course you like rollerbladers because you're just as much of a kook as they are with you inability to have discussions with people.

The ones around here are super nice and understand proper park etiquette, waxing included. Some of them have even helped out at our local DIYs and participate in the community. All the skateboarders around here back them because we're adults.

Ironic that you're trying to get on your high horse about having a civil discussion when you're just being an elitist jerk about an activity different than yours. I wrote something nice and you're the one picking a fight about it. Grow up.

tonitonne

« Reply #594 on: July 19, 2022, 07:00:16 AM »
Go skate some waxed coping then if i'm being such an "elitist jerk". Blading and Skateboarding are too different to be executed on the same obstacles that are being used by skaters. Bladers need tons of wax to grind anything because they are plastic. Skateboards need less wax. It's really that simple. Not picking a fight, but because you're overly defensive and sensetive and fly off the handle with insults, I guess thats what a conversation of someone voicing their differing opinion would come off as to you. Plus, I can talk shit about blading not only because I used to fool around with it, but also because no one said everyone has to agree on everything. Just giving my insights on it dude.

tonitonne

« Reply #595 on: July 19, 2022, 07:05:06 AM »
Please keep kooking me for talking shit about blading on a SKATEBOARDING message board, yeah makes sense.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #596 on: July 19, 2022, 07:25:56 AM »
Even though I'm totally ok with bladers, I just have to ask myself this everytime and hope someone here knows the answer: Why do they need that much wax?
How does their plastic stuff need more wax than my metal trucks even though plastic deck rails require zero wax to slide anything you want.

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #597 on: July 19, 2022, 07:42:09 AM »
Even though I'm totally ok with bladers, I just have to ask myself this everytime and hope someone here knows the answer: Why do they need that much wax?
How does their plastic stuff need more wax than my metal trucks even though plastic deck rails require zero wax to slide anything you want.

I always think the exact same thing! I wonder if having structurally sound plastic means that its less slick.

I know their wheels are generally softer too I think? Maybe Powell can make some rollerblade 93a dragons and liberate the parks from overwaxing. I'm just not sure how much of their waxing is due to wheels.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #598 on: July 19, 2022, 07:55:35 AM »
Please keep kooking me for talking shit about blading on a SKATEBOARDING message board, yeah makes sense.

Hey man seems like you’re super negative and maybe we’re about positivity. There’s like 5 bladers left, we won. Don’t gotta kick them while they’re down

tonitonne

« Reply #599 on: July 19, 2022, 08:18:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hey man seems like you’re super negative and maybe we’re about positivity. There’s like 5 bladers left, we won. Don’t gotta kick them while they’re down

Dude this is literally a message board where you guys shit on pros for having different political views than you it's not about "positivity" get outta here with that shit.