Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 403540 times)

Gnarfunkell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #600 on: July 19, 2022, 08:30:55 AM »
Please keep kooking me for talking shit about blading on a SKATEBOARDING message board, yeah makes sense.

I think you're just not understanding that us being skateboarders doesn't lend itself to automatically hating on bladers. Yeah yeah I remember being a kid and shitting on "fruitbooters" and all that, but I hardly see them anymore. Like someone else said, I really only see a couple at my local and they're both older dudes that are nice and understand park etiquette. They're just into a different activity; no big deal.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #601 on: July 19, 2022, 08:36:15 AM »
Feels like the people responding with essays need to realize that they aren’t being directly called out by a YouTuber
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #602 on: July 19, 2022, 08:36:43 AM »
Slap <3’s bladerz
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #603 on: July 19, 2022, 08:39:08 AM »
Feels like the people responding with essays need to realize that they aren’t being directly called out by a YouTuber

Tristxn

• Rep: 11
« Reply #604 on: July 19, 2022, 08:49:07 AM »
Theres so much more to life than just skateboarding g. Watch the Braindead x THEM Skates video and report back lol. Shit is cool because its different.

Please keep kooking me for talking shit about blading on a SKATEBOARDING message board, yeah makes sense.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #605 on: July 19, 2022, 09:04:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Even though I'm totally ok with bladers, I just have to ask myself this everytime and hope someone here knows the answer: Why do they need that much wax?
How does their plastic stuff need more wax than my metal trucks even though plastic deck rails require zero wax to slide anything you want.
[close]

I always think the exact same thing! I wonder if having structurally sound plastic means that its less slick.

I know their wheels are generally softer too I think? Maybe Powell can make some rollerblade 93a dragons and liberate the parks from overwaxing. I'm just not sure how much of their waxing is due to wheels.
Yeah I always thought it's because almost every grind they do is a lot of powerslide. Maybe they'd rather slip out onto their butt on-top of the ledge or platform than stick and fall forwards potentially face first off the end of a ledge or back into the transition.

internetname

• Rep: 14
« Reply #606 on: July 19, 2022, 09:24:54 AM »
Slap <3’s bladerz

Bladers wax coping and slap loves them

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #607 on: July 19, 2022, 09:32:51 AM »

I was just having fun with it. He's pretty spot on with a lot of them, and it's funny to think about how we might fit into these broad stereotypes.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #608 on: July 19, 2022, 09:33:37 AM »
ok i just watched the video

it was ok

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #609 on: July 19, 2022, 09:39:21 AM »
Slap <3’s bladerz

do BMXers still get shitted on ?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #610 on: July 19, 2022, 09:48:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Slap <3’s bladerz
[close]

Hmmmm what's worse over waxing or chunking up the ledge? Get to a park or spot and it's packed with bmx or bladers? I think bmx is a bit worse. Which thing looks cooler? Bmx easy

tonitonne

« Reply #611 on: July 19, 2022, 09:50:08 AM »
Don't forget about holes in ramps from bailing with pegs.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #612 on: July 19, 2022, 09:58:19 AM »
I once heard about a guy standing on the deck of a qp hip that some BMXer was trying to air, and the biker lost control and tried to kick out his bike, but the pegs sliced the guy's cheek open. Ever since I'm always kinda freaked out when there's bikes at the park. Especially since my go-to parks are way too small for them.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #613 on: July 19, 2022, 10:09:24 AM »
Nothing like being forced to hippie jump a BMX when you’re more of the cruiser, yewer type

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #614 on: July 19, 2022, 10:12:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Slap <3’s bladerz
[close]

[close]
Hmmmm what's worse over waxing or chunking up the ledge? Get to a park or spot and it's packed with bmx or bladers? I think bmx is a bit worse. Which thing looks cooler? Bmx easy

At one point I couldnt go to a park without 2-3 bmxers showing up...and they do those infinite line loops around park and then just sit around

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #615 on: July 19, 2022, 10:25:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hey man seems like you’re super negative and maybe we’re about positivity. There’s like 5 bladers left, we won. Don’t gotta kick them while they’re down
[close]

Dude this is literally a message board where you guys shit on pros for having different political views than you it's not about "positivity" get outta here with that shit.

Slap actually is a really positive place.
How many times per day does this need to be explained - loudly backing racism, fascism, sexism, trans and homophobia, anti-science etc  gets clapback. Don't like the response? Cool then think before you act next time. It's not very complicated.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #616 on: July 19, 2022, 10:37:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Slap <3’s bladerz
[close]

[close]
[close]

At one point I couldnt go to a park without 2-3 bmxers showing up...and they do those infinite line loops around park and then just sit around
Ha exactly this problem. There's a few parks I used to skate that were technically one big bowl (bigger than a basketball court) but were plenty big enough for a couple skaters to be in different sections at the same time add in just one or two bmxers and it's a cyclone. There'd be days where there's mostly bikes doing death laps and even if you finally saw a gap rolled in as fast as you could you would 100% have a collision and likely then get run over by the next bike as well.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #617 on: July 19, 2022, 10:43:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hey man seems like you’re super negative and maybe we’re about positivity. There’s like 5 bladers left, we won. Don’t gotta kick them while they’re down
[close]

Dude this is literally a message board where you guys shit on pros for having different political views than you it's not about "positivity" get outta here with that shit.

Space lasers

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #618 on: July 19, 2022, 10:55:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Slap <3’s bladerz
[close]

[close]
[close]

For me they like to ride into the bowl/ramps while someone's using it without any sort of warning. Did a backside air and right as I rotated to reenter there was a BMXer right at the bottom of the bowl just standing there with his bike just watching me. Keep in mind it's not a big bowl.

Sometimes they'll also just ride up right behind you as you ride up the ramp, full speed with zero warning. I hate them with a passion.

tonitonne

« Reply #619 on: July 19, 2022, 10:57:43 AM »
Yeah freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequence it's always been like that and always will be. Dude this all started from me saying blading isn't cool and is easier than skateboarding which I really didn't think was that offensive of a take on a skateboarding forum. Just stop attacking people because you don't agree with them is the whole point. Example, There's literally an 8 page thread about a 2 year old Kris Markovich post. You guys go out of your way to find shit you don't like, post it 2 years later and then try to drag the dude through the mud just because he posted a video that you don't agree with (neither do I). Not very positive to me though, and I think conspiracy theorists are stupid so don't try and pin me as one defending him. Just be kind to people seriously not that hard.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #620 on: July 19, 2022, 11:03:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Slap <3’s bladerz
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

For me they like to ride into the bowl/ramps while someone's using it without any sort of warning. Did a backside air and right as I rotated to reenter there was a BMXer right at the bottom of the bowl just standing there with his bike just watching me. Keep in mind it's not a big bowl.

Sometimes they'll also just ride up right behind you as you ride up the ramp, full speed with zero warning. I hate them with a passion.

word ...for all the shit bladers get, they dont use an entire fucking park to get one trick

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
« Reply #621 on: July 19, 2022, 11:48:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Slap <3’s bladerz
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

word ...for all the shit bladers get, they dont use an entire fucking park to get one trick

When I was in high school, the skaters and bmx’ers were all friends with each other and we skated/biked(what’s the proper verb here?) a lot of the same spots and there was a lot of mutual respect.  This was before I realized their pegs were fucking up all the ledges, haha.

I could never get over how bad it looks when they go to fakie, they have to do those awkward backward pedals and bunny hop around.  Looks so inelegant and there’s not any way around it to my knowledge.

Not that anyone would be interested, but here’s an ancient video one of the guys from put together from a couple of days worth of sessions.  Nothing spectacular but it makes me nostalgic:

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #622 on: July 19, 2022, 12:26:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Slap <3’s bladerz
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

When I was in high school, the skaters and bmx’ers were all friends with each other and we skated/biked(what’s the proper verb here?) a lot of the same spots and there was a lot of mutual respect.  This was before I realized their pegs were fucking up all the ledges, haha.

I could never get over how bad it looks when they go to fakie, they have to do those awkward backward pedals and bunny hop around.  Looks so inelegant and there’s not any way around it to my knowledge.

Not that anyone would be interested, but here’s an ancient video one of the guys from put together from a couple of days worth of sessions.  Nothing spectacular but it makes me nostalgic:

I live in san jose, back in the day (90s) only place I knew that had a ramp or anything transition was San Jose ramp club, which basically was just a straight up half pipe.  BMXers used to run that place because of Ryan Nyquist, who was super famous for being in the X-games, dude was good I've seen him there...anyways I graduate HS and get a job in downtown sj parking cars and started working with ryan nyquist's younger brother Shae, who was all street bmx and was crazy good, dude did a wall ride off a bumb to a side of building and was a good 10ft up when his bike started wall riding...craziest shit ive ever seen, cool dude too

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #623 on: July 19, 2022, 01:06:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Slap <3’s bladerz
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I live in san jose, back in the day (90s) only place I knew that had a ramp or anything transition was San Jose ramp club, which basically was just a straight up half pipe.  BMXers used to run that place because of Ryan Nyquist, who was super famous for being in the X-games, dude was good I've seen him there...anyways I graduate HS and get a job in downtown sj parking cars and started working with ryan nyquist's younger brother Shae, who was all street bmx and was crazy good, dude did a wall ride off a bumb to a side of building and was a good 10ft up when his bike started wall riding...craziest shit ive ever seen, cool dude too
Where I was from there was also mutual respect between bmx and skateboarders and actually a lot of social group cross over but it's just an unfortunate fact we all can't ride the same space at the same time. Also very much agree with the bikes going fakie looks terrible thing. There was one guy who's name I can't remember so can't link but he had video parts and stuff but he was like a jib jab (I think that's what they called it) guy who would do everything like a million trick combos and looked so stupid but if you saw him just cruise he could bunny hop to manual like a foot higher than Reese Forbes could even Ollie. I told him once like fuck all the different tricks just film a part where you ride around street spots doing big bunny hops and basic tricks and showed him a huf part and he thought it was the stupidest idea ever lol

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
« Reply #624 on: July 19, 2022, 01:29:13 PM »
embrace the kook count

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #625 on: July 19, 2022, 01:44:25 PM »
bmx is fucking dope... if it's happening on dirt jumps

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #626 on: July 19, 2022, 02:08:19 PM »
 Always thought this was cool:

Anyways, can we get back to talking about Thrifted Spader?

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 111
« Reply #627 on: July 19, 2022, 03:17:23 PM »
bladers are always pretty chill, follow the flow of the park and dont cause trouble. most do over wax the hell out of rails. havnt seen one in years though

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #628 on: July 19, 2022, 10:42:40 PM »
This was true until waxing coping became a thing………

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #629 on: July 19, 2022, 11:19:49 PM »
Garuntee you all could hit a 15 stair handrail on blades within the first month of messing with it.

I freaking dare you
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps