Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 420464 times)

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 274
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #840 on: October 16, 2022, 07:14:31 PM »
His vibe is definitely more performative now. There was something authentic about “angry guy living at parents house” that allowed his passion to come through a bit more, which helped overshadow some of his nasally delivery.  It’s more for entertainment’s sake than actual investigations / analysis / takedowns like he did initially.

now that nasally delivery is much closer since he got that microphone lol. for some reason shit still manages to pierce thru on such a dark microphone

Candied cigarettes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #841 on: October 16, 2022, 07:19:04 PM »
The illegal civ video was less than good imo. Nothing he said was poignant and he was just taking shots at Mikey Alfred- all valid points but nothing profound in the slightest

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 773
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #842 on: October 16, 2022, 08:48:40 PM »
When there is actually ”news” worth covering, I’m glad we have GH to chime in.

This was a whole adventure lmao

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #843 on: October 16, 2022, 10:31:55 PM »
The nasally voice and laugh really make it imo.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 173
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #844 on: October 17, 2022, 04:35:42 AM »
The illegal civ video was less than good imo. Nothing he said was poignant and he was just taking shots at Mikey Alfred- all valid points but nothing profound in the slightest

Nothing profund lol, what do you expect from him ? he is a simple enterteiner not a philosopher or sociologue
check my music

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #845 on: October 17, 2022, 05:51:13 AM »

You should probably seek a higher power than an Illegal Civ commentary if you're looking for something "profound".

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #846 on: October 17, 2022, 06:57:30 AM »
exactly. just taking shots at a dude thateveryone who has skated for more than a day already knows is a dickhead. seriously have never met a single person who likes illegal civ

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #847 on: October 17, 2022, 07:51:47 AM »
idiot moron

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1405
« Reply #848 on: October 18, 2022, 01:41:15 PM »
All Mikeys are fucked in the head

New illegal civ rider mikey miles

I had no idea that Midler, K white and Zack had left IC. Makes sense.

Now there's more room for the real star, mikey alfred.

Banned from the room

« Reply #849 on: October 19, 2022, 07:28:18 AM »
Holly shit that Abigail Williams band is sick.

King Diamond has an album called Abigail too.

I fucking love King Diamond.

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #850 on: October 19, 2022, 07:47:31 AM »
grandmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa welcome home

100Hobbit

• Rep: 0
« Reply #851 on: October 21, 2022, 01:45:25 PM »
Some of his stuff can be entertaining but he's been cranking up the cringey business 101 takes on the "industry." It makes me kinda sad when people discuss skateboarding from a financial/business standpoint.

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #852 on: October 21, 2022, 07:46:29 PM »
Some of his stuff can be entertaining but he's been cranking up the cringey business 101 takes on the "industry." It makes me kinda sad when people discuss skateboarding from a financial/business standpoint.

Yeah same. Also annoyed by enlightened centrist takes here and there. But especially the weird cynical justifications of the cringiest parts of capitalism affecting skateboarding. Like bro, you're taking the same approach to viewing "the industry" that Cariuma and Heart Supply take. Stop that. Turn that part of your brain off and redirect it. You're better than that.

There's a skate podcast I love that does that too, with the addition of marketing jargon. If I hear "brand narrative" one more time I'm taking a break from listening to the pod.

I hate when people willingly justify capitalism and the weird cynicism inherent to it. They think they come off as mature or "a realist"... But it just ends up coming off as being a bootlicker that lost their imagination years ago.

If you want to talk about "the industry" then start talking about how Worker COOPs should be the standard moving forward. That's how you combat real issues like: skateboarders being exploited, skateboarding being coopted by outsiders, and to assure that the community supports these skaters after their careers have ruined their bodies.

Sorry, not trying to be a hater. Love his videos, but you struck a chord in me by bringing that up because I hate it too.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 07:59:38 PM by FuzzGNU »
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Banned from the room

« Reply #853 on: October 22, 2022, 07:46:57 AM »

Crust Ponk is starting to pop off "mainstream" lololol.

Gifted should get dreadlocks and stop doing laundry

And now you have the best grind release ever so you can be a step ahead of the cattle

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #854 on: October 24, 2022, 01:34:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah same. Also annoyed by enlightened centrist takes here and there. But especially the weird cynical justifications of the cringiest parts of capitalism affecting skateboarding. Like bro, you're taking the same approach to viewing "the industry" that Cariuma and Heart Supply take. Stop that. Turn that part of your brain off and redirect it. You're better than that.

There's a skate podcast I love that does that too, with the addition of marketing jargon. If I hear "brand narrative" one more time I'm taking a break from listening to the pod.

I hate when people willingly justify capitalism and the weird cynicism inherent to it. They think they come off as mature or "a realist"... But it just ends up coming off as being a bootlicker that lost their imagination years ago.

If you want to talk about "the industry" then start talking about how Worker COOPs should be the standard moving forward. That's how you combat real issues like: skateboarders being exploited, skateboarding being coopted by outsiders, and to assure that the community supports these skaters after their careers have ruined their bodies.

Sorry, not trying to be a hater. Love his videos, but you struck a chord in me by bringing that up because I hate it too.

agree with you a lot

WavyDavy

• Rep: 126
« Reply #855 on: October 24, 2022, 02:10:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Those are the real takes gifted hater should drop.
Definitely something that's missing in skateboard podcasts or commentaries

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 773
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #856 on: October 24, 2022, 03:12:09 PM »
IRS boutta kick down gh's door and shoot him

Video ends with talking about giving pro boards to those that aren't pros

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #857 on: October 24, 2022, 03:47:42 PM »
"Capitalism sows it's own seeds of destruction by giving birth to a knowledge class that despises it's success."
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #858 on: October 24, 2022, 05:40:36 PM »

lol at how he couldn't admit to his tax guy his you tube channel....also said he was running out of content for next year, whats with his new setup and hair cut, did he breakup with his gf

lesghettah

• Rep: -15
« Reply #859 on: October 24, 2022, 06:45:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

lol at how he couldn't admit to his tax guy his you tube channel....also said he was running out of content for next year, whats with his new setup and hair cut, did he breakup with his gf

In a recent twitch stream he mentioned going through some sort of mental turmoil and he shaved his head

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
« Reply #860 on: October 24, 2022, 07:12:29 PM »

Encouraging viewers to commit tax evasion en masse. Tsk-tsk gh, Uncle Sam’s comin for that cheddar.

Get hungry on it!

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #861 on: October 24, 2022, 07:18:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

In a recent twitch stream he mentioned going through some sort of mental turmoil and he shaved his head

Ah, I've definitely been there. It's been a few years but it's s actually a really freeing feeling, almost like a shedding of negative energy. I also shave my eyebrows off at the same time to complete the look. I don't FEEL as crazy but for whatever reason people look at me like I am.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #862 on: October 25, 2022, 05:45:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Does that mean his ex gf is on the market? She was good lookin. Send out the alert to SoCal pals, there’s a cute lady who likes skateboarders on the loose.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #863 on: October 25, 2022, 06:19:32 AM »
It befuddles me that there are GROWN ADULTS on slap who willingly tell their partner "Sorry, cant have sex with you tonight! GH just dropped!"

Lifer

• Rep: 74
« Reply #864 on: October 25, 2022, 07:42:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you talking about Mostly Skateboarding lol?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #865 on: October 25, 2022, 08:01:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

agree with you a lot

I think you guys are completely missing the point. He's just a twenty something giving his hot takes on skateboarding he's not some sort of wannabe labor economist nor does he even espouse or share his views on aspects of such. Definitely not the place to tune in for ya.

kabi

« Reply #866 on: October 25, 2022, 08:03:19 AM »

so can i get a pro board then

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
« Reply #867 on: October 25, 2022, 09:36:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
so can i get a pro board then
have at it

https://www.boardpusher.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwkt6aBhDKARIsAAyeLJ1IJOWfTWbki5tCwgbo-oGgBiilQp8j6GRBmzfmjUsbcdTPDC_R4jcaAmzpEALw_wcB

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #868 on: October 25, 2022, 09:36:37 AM »
It befuddles me that there are GROWN ADULTS on slap who willingly tell their partner "Sorry, cant have sex with you tonight! GH just dropped!"
me

lilyung

• Rep: -8
« Reply #869 on: October 25, 2022, 11:34:27 AM »

Yo the haircut is fire. It's like GH is skateboarding's Anthony Fantano.