Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 379998 times)

WavyDavy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 129
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #2040 on: March 16, 2023, 02:46:28 AM »
he couldve mentioned slap at the beginning of that krooked segment

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #2041 on: March 16, 2023, 05:50:54 AM »

No one at Jenkem, on “skate Twitter”, nor GH is ever going to mention how much content they mine from Slap.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

vinithebr

• Rep: -25
« Reply #2042 on: March 16, 2023, 11:08:59 AM »
Modest House is the name of my Modest Mouse cover band. We fucking suck.
First time I heard them was while watching a part that used "teeth like god's shoeshine", I thought it was amazing.
Except I was wrong and the first song I heard from them was actually "float on" which imo sucks, it surprised me that it's the same band.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #2043 on: March 16, 2023, 11:15:14 AM »
y'all are really reaching about that kid comment

Yep -  a guy making a living by blending facts, hot takes, and comedy took advantage of an opportunity to make a joke… by making a joke.  Not sure how this is anything noteworthy

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #2044 on: March 16, 2023, 11:20:59 AM »
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 299
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2045 on: March 16, 2023, 11:32:37 AM »
Expand Quote
y'all soft as baby shit
[close]

unrelated but I love your post signature, I miss the old days of the original MW2. Online first person shooters haven't hit the same since.

Well it seemed like the whole point of that segment was just to force that joke three times. Was there even any commentary that was remotely interesting? He said what we all know, that Krooked is kinda boring, but fine, and a safe choice for someone at that point in their career. Riveting stuff. I guess you have to pay a monthly fee to hear him say anything slightly interesting nowadays.

I just subscribed to his patreon and in one of the more recent videos he basically states this, he could get away with being edgy when he started out with a much smaller amount of people watching him but now that he's relatively well known and a large chunk of the skate community watches his shit he feels like he has to tightrope walk with what he says on his free videos (leading to the aforementioned bland takes on Tom Knox being on Krooked), and it makes youtube less fun in general for him.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #2046 on: March 16, 2023, 12:10:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No one at Jenkem, on “skate Twitter”, nor GH is ever going to mention how much content they mine from Slap.

Of course, because according to them it’s a toxic hellhole where only bigots post.

TittyCity

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2047 on: March 16, 2023, 01:53:12 PM »
I know it's his thing, but Ben D seems like he'd be exhausting to skate with. He seems to hyperanalyze everything.

lurkluke

• Rep: 165
« Reply #2048 on: March 16, 2023, 02:28:44 PM »

I just subscribed to his patreon and in one of the more recent videos he basically states this, he could get away with being edgy when he started out with a much smaller amount of people watching him but now that he's relatively well known and a large chunk of the skate community watches his shit he feels like he has to tightrope walk with what he says on his free videos (leading to the aforementioned bland takes on Tom Knox being on Krooked), and it makes youtube less fun in general for him.

Yeah I feel this.

I was a blogger in a different industry in the 2010s - super smartass, pretty unedited takes etc. Then I started getting actual work in the industry, and meeting the people I was smart about, and my audience got bigger... and then it became weird and awkward and not fun. Even throw away comments on social media that I didn't think twice about would result in text messages/beef.

I just wanted to say silly things on the internet; now I own a company, and am anxious all day everyday.

standfast

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2049 on: March 16, 2023, 02:50:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I feel this.

I was a blogger in a different industry in the 2010s - super smartass, pretty unedited takes etc. Then I started getting actual work in the industry, and meeting the people I was smart about, and my audience got bigger... and then it became weird and awkward and not fun. Even throw away comments on social media that I didn't think twice about would result in text messages/beef.

I just wanted to say silly things on the internet; now I own a company, and am anxious all day everyday.

Welcome to being an adult.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 03:09:14 PM by standfast »

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #2050 on: March 16, 2023, 02:56:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I feel this.

[close]

May I ask, which industry are you referring to?

lurkluke

« Reply #2051 on: March 16, 2023, 04:15:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I feel this.

[close]
[close]

beer/brewing.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1137
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2052 on: March 16, 2023, 05:51:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I feel this.

[close]
[close]

[close]

beer/brewing.
thoughts on the bojangles twisted tea?

OneMore

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2053 on: March 16, 2023, 05:52:42 PM »

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #2054 on: March 16, 2023, 06:41:43 PM »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2055 on: March 16, 2023, 06:57:09 PM »

Mines called Humble Rodents
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -512
« Reply #2056 on: March 16, 2023, 06:57:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I feel this.

[close]
[close]

[close]

beer/brewing.

Are you don’tdrinkbeer?

lurkluke

« Reply #2057 on: March 16, 2023, 07:26:24 PM »

I don't know what that is. I'm not in America

Are you don’tdrinkbeer?

haha nah.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1137
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2058 on: March 16, 2023, 07:28:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don't know what that is. I'm not in America

Expand Quote

Are you don’tdrinkbeer?
[close]

haha nah.
oh man

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
« Reply #2059 on: March 16, 2023, 07:29:04 PM »

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #2060 on: March 16, 2023, 08:03:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mines called Humble Rodents

Proud rat

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #2061 on: March 16, 2023, 10:24:09 PM »
https://youtu.be/Uy20-JMeSJY
chris mimic got a chuckle out of me- was really bummed they didnt release the gray colorway that was shown a couple months back

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2062 on: March 17, 2023, 07:48:27 AM »
https://youtu.be/Uy20-JMeSJY
I have a friend whos vegan and also a hardcore milic fan and I winced for him at the bit about only leather/suede and all suede option of his shoe for the foreseeable future.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #2063 on: March 17, 2023, 08:12:06 AM »
Expand Quote
I have a friend whos vegan and also a hardcore milic fan and I winced for him at the bit about only leather/suede and all suede option of his shoe for the foreseeable future.

does your friend only skate boards made from vegan glue or whatever or is he just instagram vegan

ApesPissed

• Rep: 58
« Reply #2064 on: March 17, 2023, 08:57:04 AM »
Big flip was nice. Slightly concerned about the insole change, looks like they’re putting them in all the new shoes. Whatever.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 39
« Reply #2065 on: March 17, 2023, 11:15:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Jenkem once straight up stole a joke from me

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 112
« Reply #2066 on: March 17, 2023, 03:08:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

John Hill was using quotes from here in his instagram posts for a bit. He did credit the users who wrote them though

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2067 on: March 17, 2023, 03:34:03 PM »
https://simplemagic.substack.com/p/weaving-in-and-out-of-history-simply

If you're not reading Simple Magic, it's the perfect antidote for shitty youtube vids for decent skate commentary.  I'm sure GH will start lifting from that soon.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
« Reply #2068 on: March 17, 2023, 04:17:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Wouldn't be the first or last time Jenkem stole some material
*cough*cough* Lurker Lou photos in the latest book were already used by thrasher

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #2069 on: March 17, 2023, 05:57:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

does your friend only skate boards made from vegan glue or whatever or is he just instagram vegan

Are you under the impression that the industrial glue used on skateboards is made from horse hooves and not petrochemicals?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 06:08:20 PM by manysnakes »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021