Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 392300 times)

elbarto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #2280 on: April 10, 2023, 06:01:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
he said yesterday on stream (while drunk) that he wants to quit skate content and doesnt enjoy making it anymore
[close]

Homie bit off more than he can chew eh?
[close]

the man is just bored and uninspired
[close]

probably the nicest way to say it without addressing his laziness. plenty of youtubers and skate brands to hate on.
[close]

Sure but he’s already done that a lot, I understand if that’s not something he wants to do anymore. Seems pretty normal to hit a wall with the kind of content that made him well known

Could also be him not expecting to blow up as much as he has. I see it as similar to the bands Gulch, or Sunami. Released some music and played a couple shows with plans of calling it quits after the first few shows, then they blew up so hard during Covid that they were headlining festivals within a year. Is Joa going to go the Gulch route and call it quits while he’s hot? Or go the Sunami route and keep it going until it’s not as funny anymore.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

streetmeat

• Rep: 171
« Reply #2281 on: April 10, 2023, 06:24:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
he said yesterday on stream (while drunk) that he wants to quit skate content and doesnt enjoy making it anymore
[close]

[close]

[close]

probably the nicest way to say it without addressing his laziness. plenty of youtubers and skate brands to hate on.
[close]

Sure but he’s already done that a lot, I understand if that’s not something he wants to do anymore. Seems pretty normal to hit a wall with the kind of content that made him well known
[close]

Could also be him not expecting to blow up as much as he has. I see it as similar to the bands Gulch, or Sunami. Released some music and played a couple shows with plans of calling it quits after the first few shows, then they blew up so hard during Covid that they were headlining festivals within a year. Is Joa going to go the Gulch route and call it quits while he’s hot? Or go the Sunami route and keep it going until it’s not as funny anymore.

your a bitch

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #2282 on: April 10, 2023, 07:08:15 PM »
I don't think Vans will be working with Sci-Fi fantasy again, and yeah clearly it was Jerry who gave him that 'inside knowledge'. Also find it strange Jerry supporting somebody who openly get's into peoples heads when Jerry himself has been on the record of saying that a negative comment on a message board crippled him with anxiety for a long period. Also find his comments on PC strange, when he's on a team that Jerry is building from a PC & woke handbook.

I think his criticisms on FA are lazy, and are click baity. Anything Hockey/FA related is gonna get clicks, it's gonna get people talking.

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2283 on: April 10, 2023, 07:55:25 PM »
I don't think Vans will be working with Sci-Fi fantasy again, and yeah clearly it was Jerry who gave him that 'inside knowledge'. Also find it strange Jerry supporting somebody who openly get's into peoples heads when Jerry himself has been on the record of saying that a negative comment on a message board crippled him with anxiety for a long period. Also find his comments on PC strange, when he's on a team that Jerry is building from a PC & woke handbook.

I think his criticisms on FA are lazy, and are click baity. Anything Hockey/FA related is gonna get clicks, it's gonna get people talking.

SFF was cooler before Ryan Lay went pro for them. Lay is an incredible skater, but after he got a board from Jerry the idea of his company wasn't as exciting. Adding Joa to the team is a pretty clout chase move too.

slimvanilla

« Reply #2284 on: April 10, 2023, 08:46:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

SFF was cooler before Ryan Lay went pro for them. Lay is an incredible skater, but after he got a board from Jerry the idea of his company wasn't as exciting. Adding Joa to the team is a pretty clout chase move too.
if you believe that Lay is an incredible skater then why would him getting a board take away from the brand? I agree that Jerry is still working out his vision and trying to find the company's direction but I can only think that Ryan adds to SFF. and yeah maybe getting skateboarding's internet hater on the squad is "clout chasing" but Joa is also homies w them all and apparently had gotten product prior to Hsu knowing he was GH.

Tireeedd

• Rep: 65
« Reply #2285 on: April 10, 2023, 11:38:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I feel like Sunami at least is making it fun, but Josef's side project field of flames goes way harder

kelbywest

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2286 on: April 11, 2023, 04:08:05 AM »
Didn't expect Gulch or Sunami to be mentioned in this thread but shoutout to both of them.

I must say, as working in an office environment, that sometimes people are on calls like that so they have an idea of what's going on. In my position at my job, I definitely am involved in meetings that I don't say jack shit in or pay attention to really. Must be one of those "office" things.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #2287 on: April 11, 2023, 05:12:57 AM »

hmm, info this sweet must be hard to come by. As if it were a forbidden nectar, found only on some kind of island or something.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #2288 on: April 11, 2023, 07:58:36 AM »
[company gives decks to a talented trans skater]

Jerry is building from a PC & woke handbook.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #2289 on: April 11, 2023, 08:15:29 AM »
He didn't miss going in on Vans. lol I thought that was bacon on Zions shoe. SMH  Jupiter? That's clearly bacon.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #2290 on: April 11, 2023, 08:19:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hmm, info this sweet must be hard to come by. As if it were a forbidden nectar, found only on some kind of island or something.

like a large mass of land off the coast or something, somewhere tropical where bee's frolic in hives

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #2291 on: April 11, 2023, 08:22:36 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

You know the rules. If the team isn’t comprised of nothing but generic white men it’s “woke”.

Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #2292 on: April 11, 2023, 08:47:45 AM »
lol fuck jeffwonsong

dude skates like a fingerboarder slapping his wheels all over the ground before his feet land

joa you can use that if you need to

sprained_ankle

• Rep: -12
« Reply #2293 on: April 11, 2023, 09:20:13 AM »
He didn't miss going in on Vans. lol I thought that was bacon on Zions shoe. SMH  Jupiter? That's clearly bacon.

zion wright is from jupiter, florida and i tihnk it is a reference to that
hi,am new here

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2294 on: April 11, 2023, 09:23:46 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

You know the rules. If the team isn’t comprised of nothing but generic white men it’s “woke”.
If only he had a company in the industry to satisfy his appetite for cis dude skating at a high level. I really feel for him.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2295 on: April 11, 2023, 09:26:06 AM »

I feel like he went after Dill/FA in part because of Dill’s comments about GH in that Kevin Rodrigues piece (“those were pretty big lightning strikes”).  This was a very vengeful episode and I enjoyed it

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #2296 on: April 11, 2023, 10:51:29 AM »
you gotta be smoking dust to think the zahba and ishod shoe look alike

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -139
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2297 on: April 11, 2023, 11:10:03 AM »
Expand Quote

Carlos is into it
1min36
[close]

1) Fan of Carlos
2) SLS acknowledging GH makes me wonder who's running their YT content
3) Someone in the comments said Carlos is biased cause GH called out P-Rod for bullying Ribeiro

ngl GH made me start watching sls again

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2298 on: April 11, 2023, 11:17:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I feel like he went after Dill/FA in part because of Dill’s comments about GH in that Kevin Rodrigues piece (“those were pretty big lightning strikes”).  This was a very vengeful episode and I enjoyed it
What Kevin Rodrigues piece r u talkin bout?
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2299 on: April 11, 2023, 11:25:22 AM »
you gotta be smoking dust to think the zahba and ishod shoe look alike

Both shoes are brown and have some coincidental color way similarities. Other than that yeah I agree the ‘vans copied Nike’ argument was a hit and a miss

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2300 on: April 11, 2023, 11:54:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

This.  Page 1, 4th column, a third of the way down, “from civillians…”

Sorry if this enormous

GH made a video reacting afterward, using that meme of the kid being like “those are some pretty big lightning strikes” and made that his instagram avatar for a bit as well

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2301 on: April 11, 2023, 12:49:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
Sorry if this enormous

[close]

GH made a video reacting afterward, using that meme of the kid being like “those are some pretty big lightning strikes” and made that his instagram avatar for a bit as well
Thanks - appreciate u
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2302 on: April 11, 2023, 12:53:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
Sorry if this enormous

[close]

[close]
Thanks - appreciate u

:-*

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #2303 on: April 11, 2023, 01:06:55 PM »
If Gifted Hater is interested in skateboarding, there are a variety of topics they could cover in their next video. Here are a few suggestions:

Skateboard maintenance and repair: Gifted Hater could create a video that provides tips and techniques for maintaining and repairing skateboards. This could include topics such as replacing bearings, tightening trucks, and fixing chips or cracks in the deck.

Skatepark etiquette: Skateparks can be busy and chaotic places, and it's important for skaters to understand the rules and etiquette that are expected of them. Gifted Hater could create a video that covers the do's and don'ts of skatepark etiquette, such as how to take turns, how to respect other skaters' space, and how to communicate effectively with other skaters.

Skateboarding for beginners: Gifted Hater could create a video that provides an introduction to skateboarding for beginners. This could include topics such as choosing a skateboard, learning the basics of balance and pushing, and progressing to more advanced tricks.

Skateboarding culture and history: Skateboarding has a rich history and culture, and Gifted Hater could create a video that explores some of the key figures, moments, and trends in skateboarding history. This could include topics such as the evolution of skateboard design, the rise of skateboarding in popular culture, and the impact of skateboarding on fashion and art.

Skateboarding safety: Skateboarding can be a risky sport, and it's important for skaters to understand how to stay safe while they're riding. Gifted Hater could create a video that covers topics such as wearing protective gear, learning how to fall safely, and avoiding common skateboarding injuries.

DM him like a man

Slap GPT

• Rep: -32
« Reply #2304 on: April 11, 2023, 01:18:14 PM »
Expand Quote
If Gifted Hater is interested in skateboarding, there are a variety of topics they could cover in their next video. Here are a few suggestions:

Skateboard maintenance and repair: Gifted Hater could create a video that provides tips and techniques for maintaining and repairing skateboards. This could include topics such as replacing bearings, tightening trucks, and fixing chips or cracks in the deck.

Skatepark etiquette: Skateparks can be busy and chaotic places, and it's important for skaters to understand the rules and etiquette that are expected of them. Gifted Hater could create a video that covers the do's and don'ts of skatepark etiquette, such as how to take turns, how to respect other skaters' space, and how to communicate effectively with other skaters.

Skateboarding for beginners: Gifted Hater could create a video that provides an introduction to skateboarding for beginners. This could include topics such as choosing a skateboard, learning the basics of balance and pushing, and progressing to more advanced tricks.

Skateboarding culture and history: Skateboarding has a rich history and culture, and Gifted Hater could create a video that explores some of the key figures, moments, and trends in skateboarding history. This could include topics such as the evolution of skateboard design, the rise of skateboarding in popular culture, and the impact of skateboarding on fashion and art.

Skateboarding safety: Skateboarding can be a risky sport, and it's important for skaters to understand how to stay safe while they're riding. Gifted Hater could create a video that covers topics such as wearing protective gear, learning how to fall safely, and avoiding common skateboarding injuries.
[close]

DM him like a man

How is this?

Dear Gifted Hater,

I hope this message finds you well. I've been following your skateboarding content for a while now, and I really enjoy your unique style and approach to the sport. I wanted to reach out and offer some suggestions for future content that I think your fans would love to see.

Skateboarding challenges: Have you considered doing some skateboarding challenges? These could be things like trying to land a certain trick within a certain time frame, or attempting to skate an obstacle in a unique or unconventional way. I think your fans would love to see you take on some fun and creative challenges.

Spotlights on up-and-coming skaters: You have a great eye for talent, and I think it would be really cool if you started featuring up-and-coming skaters on your channel. This could be a great way to showcase new talent and give them some exposure to a wider audience.

Behind-the-scenes content: Your fans love to see what goes on behind the scenes, so why not give them a glimpse into your daily life as a skateboarder? You could do vlogs or mini-documentaries that show your training routine, your favorite skate spots, or even some of the challenges you face as a professional skateboarder.

These are just a few ideas, but I'm sure you have plenty of your own. Keep up the great work, and I look forward to seeing more of your content in the future.

Best regards,
Slap GPT

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 133
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #2305 on: April 11, 2023, 01:55:24 PM »

Bacon? Well, that makes all the difference.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #2306 on: April 11, 2023, 01:57:03 PM »
Oh no please let's not make this a thing here
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 04:39:32 PM by dallou »
check my music

LordQuas94

• Rep: -1
« Reply #2307 on: April 11, 2023, 03:30:18 PM »
Lol Beatrice made her IG private

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 133
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #2308 on: April 11, 2023, 04:09:46 PM »
Lol Beatrice made her IG private

Haha. That's amazing. Only 90.7K exclusive followers get to enjoy her content now.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #2309 on: April 11, 2023, 05:04:15 PM »
He really put the Hater in Gifted Hater on this episode 😂

I get his criticism of Beatrice. I don’t see the hype behind her but also not everything is meant for me and as an adult I understand that. Can’t be mad at her for getting that check while she can