Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 403307 times)

WavyDavy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 128
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #2370 on: April 13, 2023, 01:29:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't think Gifted Hater is a closet conservative. He's just an edgy white guy who wears Trump hats "ironically" and likes dickheads like Destiny and Sam Hyde.

[close]

I don’t think he’s conservative at all. A lot of the Skate Twitter crowd is left leaning. Which I happen to be but these people like call blast someone as racist at the drop of hat. They were calling him racist for the Tyshawn video.  He’s just pointing out their rash white knighting tendencies. They make dumb generalizations about Slap as well.
[close]
His use of the terms ”left-leaning”, ”liberal”, ”fascist” and ”soyboy” in a single video stung my ears a bit. If your supposedly not political then why make it political…
[close]

He talked skate Twitter when using these terms.
[close]
And Skate Twitter is a political party?* I don't like the political rhetoric because as soon as you put things on the left-right spectrum (especially in US binary politics) you are playing their game. It just feels like when there is only two sides to the argument, putting down one side is raising up the other one.

I read a quote today that said something like "If we used a different language, we would have a different experience of the world". As soon as you make a topic political, you introduce a lot of baggage and biases with it.

*I never go on twitter unless someone posts a link to a thread, so if indeed there is a group of people there identifying as "skatetwitter" and openly pushing political agenda, then my points are probably invalid

Twitter is a deeply politicized medium, be it left or right. Every user who stays in a bubble experiences a narrowing of thinking: anyone who is not for us is against us. Sure its not a political party but the echo chamber hes talking about is sharing a left-leaning, mainly liberal ideology.

Language shapes and edits, changes and creates reality, but also serves to describe it. Sure he uses some buzzwords mainly used by trolls, but that happens when someones terminally online.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #2371 on: April 13, 2023, 01:54:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't think Gifted Hater is a closet conservative. He's just an edgy white guy who wears Trump hats "ironically" and likes dickheads like Destiny and Sam Hyde.

[close]

I don’t think he’s conservative at all. A lot of the Skate Twitter crowd is left leaning. Which I happen to be but these people like call blast someone as racist at the drop of hat. They were calling him racist for the Tyshawn video.  He’s just pointing out their rash white knighting tendencies. They make dumb generalizations about Slap as well.
[close]
His use of the terms ”left-leaning”, ”liberal”, ”fascist” and ”soyboy” in a single video stung my ears a bit. If your supposedly not political then why make it political…
[close]

[close]
And Skate Twitter is a political party?* I don't like the political rhetoric because as soon as you put things on the left-right spectrum (especially in US binary politics) you are playing their game. It just feels like when there is only two sides to the argument, putting down one side is raising up the other one.

I read a quote today that said something like "If we used a different language, we would have a different experience of the world". As soon as you make a topic political, you introduce a lot of baggage and biases with it.

*I never go on twitter unless someone posts a link to a thread, so if indeed there is a group of people there identifying as "skatetwitter" and openly pushing political agenda, then my points are probably invalid
[close]

Twitter is a deeply politicized medium, be it left or right. Every user who stays in a bubble experiences a narrowing of thinking: anyone who is not for us is against us. Sure its not a political party but the echo chamber hes talking about is sharing a left-leaning, mainly liberal ideology.

Language shapes and edits, changes and creates reality, but also serves to describe it. Sure he uses some buzzwords mainly used by trolls, but that happens when someones terminally online.

Yeah that’s why i resent the political discourse, I’m so bummed that it seems the average human experience is us vs them about everything. Sadface emoji
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
« Reply #2372 on: April 13, 2023, 03:20:53 AM »
If Beatrice was white she wouldn't even be shop flow. She could probably still get some free Caruima's though. Dill just exploits black people for his own gain

But she's not pro because she's black either, since there are many other black girls skating that are as good as her.
Connections I guess? How did she become known in the first place?

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #2373 on: April 13, 2023, 03:41:54 AM »
Is he really platforming for a black woman to not have a board/place in the industry? What kind of shit is that?

beatrice isn't the only black woman that skateboards, she's not even the only black woman to have a pro board

Expand Quote
If Beatrice was white she wouldn't even be shop flow. She could probably still get some free Caruima's though. Dill just exploits black people for his own gain
[close]

But she's not pro because she's black either, since there are many other black girls skating that are as good as her.
Connections I guess? How did she become known in the first place?

dill found her on youtube or something back when he was still on alien and started flowing her boards then, like 10 years ago. she was pretty much as good at skating then as she is now, but she always had this dylan rieder arm steez that dill likes

I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2374 on: April 13, 2023, 03:47:36 AM »
It has feelings of running a weird rightwing media playbook with regards to graft and I don't think I like it.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -298
« Reply #2375 on: April 13, 2023, 06:19:44 AM »
How old is Beatrice? Everyone saying she's been hooked up by FA for like 10 years got me tripping. I can't imagine her being older than like 21 tops. I guess that's not too farfetched, but people make it seem like she's been an industry staple for over a decade, which lol no. 

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2376 on: April 13, 2023, 06:42:25 AM »
She’s been faking that arm thing since she first popped up in the early days of FA. And she sucks.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #2377 on: April 13, 2023, 06:57:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
probably breaking his patreon rules but here's his latest stream where he devotes the first hour just talking about skate twitter and his response to the beatrice hate

[close]

Nothing in skate history, not even /r/skateboarding or Slap, has been more annoying and fart-sniffing than "#skatetwitter". In a meeting now but I can't wait to see what he has to say.
[close]

Co-Worker:  manysnakes?  What do think about that?

manysnakes:  Pardon?

Co-Worker:  About the proposal?

manysnakes:  Oh the proposal, I like it…

Co-Worker:  You want to fire Matthew?

manysnakes:  No, sorry, I wanna keep him.  Of course.

Co-Worker:  Were you not listening before?

manysnakes:  No, sorry, I was texting about my kid.

Co-Worker:  I saw… well I saw you on a website.  Looked old, like early 2000’s.  Sorry, I’ve noticed you on there before, what is that?

manysnakes:    :)
[close]

Zoom meeting. Letting a YouTube video run in the background is a little flagrant, I just looked at guitars on Craigslist.

Ultimately I think Beatrice is a completely mediocre skateboarder but I agree with all the haters who say that it absolutely doesn't matter and that the only reason why anyone has ever got a skateboard with their name on it is because someone else thought that they could sell them.
[close]

Well played.

I totally agree with you by the way.  I enjoy Gifted Hater, but dont agree with everything he says by any means.  I feel like the rules for skating are totally arbitrary and listening to a 25 year old and then taking his words as gospel is plain silly.
[close]

Especially one with such a limited world view. He is constantly saying that video parts and street skating are the core of skateboarding, and that it has always been this way. It’s true that it has been this way for as long as he has been alive, but it certainly has not always been that way and I think anyone who understands even a little bit of skate history knows this. Skateboarding existed for decades without videos, without street skating, and with a pro only getting a deck because of their popularity (usually due to contest wins).

Whether he realizes it or not, he is upset that there is a new form of pro skateboarding taking shape. There is definitely an irony in dying on this hill, when you yourself have achieved amateur skateboard status based on your YouTube channel.
[close]

Preach man.  Used to be contests were the path, then Rocco started turning kids like Billy Waldman pro at age 12 or whatever.  I dont really like Dill but he has as much right as anyone to turn someone pro.  Separating YouTube videos and Instagram videos like they’re this wholly different animal is disengenous on some level, as much as I can appreciate how proper video parts distinguish certain skaters as being great.
[close]

But if you want to say that instagramming cool clothes and low level tricks at the skatepark is the same as putting out on a street part, I don’t know what to tell you. It’s a short cut.

Literally no one said this.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #2378 on: April 13, 2023, 07:08:33 AM »
Pretty soon some cool company gonna have a male version of Beatrice turn pro and slap will just implode y2k style

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #2379 on: April 13, 2023, 07:30:25 AM »
How old is Beatrice? Everyone saying she's been hooked up by FA for like 10 years got me tripping. I can't imagine her being older than like 21 tops. I guess that's not too farfetched, but people make it seem like she's been an industry staple for over a decade, which lol no.
She's 28
That's her channel.
https://youtube.com/@ElementFlip101

If you compare this with here most recent footage you can't really see difference in skills

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #2380 on: April 13, 2023, 07:54:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

By talking about something in terms of the political scale are you making it a political issue? Or does that mean it was already one and you're just highlighting that?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #2381 on: April 13, 2023, 07:55:48 AM »
Maybe she doesn't think it would be worth it because of injuries etc.?

Damn I wish every job was like this. "Thanks for employing me as a bus driver. I don't really wanna risk crashing the bus though so I'll just chill if that's ok?"
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #2382 on: April 13, 2023, 07:55:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
probably breaking his patreon rules but here's his latest stream where he devotes the first hour just talking about skate twitter and his response to the beatrice hate

[close]

Nothing in skate history, not even /r/skateboarding or Slap, has been more annoying and fart-sniffing than "#skatetwitter". In a meeting now but I can't wait to see what he has to say.
[close]

Co-Worker:  I saw… well I saw you on a website.  Looked old, like early 2000’s.  Sorry, I’ve noticed you on there before, what is that?

[close]

Zoom meeting. Letting a YouTube video run in the background is a little flagrant, I just looked at guitars on Craigslist.

Ultimately I think Beatrice is a completely mediocre skateboarder but I agree with all the haters who say that it absolutely doesn't matter and that the only reason why anyone has ever got a skateboard with their name on it is because someone else thought that they could sell them.
[close]

Well played.

I totally agree with you by the way.  I enjoy Gifted Hater, but dont agree with everything he says by any means.  I feel like the rules for skating are totally arbitrary and listening to a 25 year old and then taking his words as gospel is plain silly.
[close]

Especially one with such a limited world view. He is constantly saying that video parts and street skating are the core of skateboarding, and that it has always been this way. It’s true that it has been this way for as long as he has been alive, but it certainly has not always been that way and I think anyone who understands even a little bit of skate history knows this. Skateboarding existed for decades without videos, without street skating, and with a pro only getting a deck because of their popularity (usually due to contest wins).

Whether he realizes it or not, he is upset that there is a new form of pro skateboarding taking shape. There is definitely an irony in dying on this hill, when you yourself have achieved amateur skateboard status based on your YouTube channel.
[close]

Preach man.  Used to be contests were the path, then Rocco started turning kids like Billy Waldman pro at age 12 or whatever.  I dont really like Dill but he has as much right as anyone to turn someone pro.  Separating YouTube videos and Instagram videos like they’re this wholly different animal is disengenous on some level, as much as I can appreciate how proper video parts distinguish certain skaters as being great.
[close]

But if you want to say that instagramming cool clothes and low level tricks at the skatepark is the same as putting out on a street part, I don’t know what to tell you. It’s a short cut.
[close]

Ya kinda did there. But I was addressing, more directly, the people that are acting like her achievements are equivalent to those that have put out traditional parts. Separate from his usual type of videos, Joa put out an actual part. Also, he's not pro. I don't get that equivalence either.

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #2383 on: April 13, 2023, 08:24:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
She's 28
That's her channel.

If you compare this with here most recent footage you can't really see difference in skills

Thanks for the Info, I closed the video after the first 30 seconds. I do really get what GH has to say about her and it is true in my opinion.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2384 on: April 13, 2023, 08:26:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
She's 28
That's her channel.

Gotta say, the arm thing is pretty hilarious.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #2385 on: April 13, 2023, 08:28:51 AM »
That vid made me chuckle. Someone should recreate it

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #2386 on: April 13, 2023, 08:38:06 AM »
Pretty soon some cool company gonna have a male version of Beatrice turn pro and slap will just implode y2k style

Evan mock

anthonym

• Rep: -21
« Reply #2387 on: April 13, 2023, 09:00:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Evan mock

I think the difference here is Evan Mock actually rips on tranny. Skating as a career just isn't his #1 priority, and he doesn't try to pretend it is. I get the feeling he could have all his sponsors drop him and he wouldn't care one way or the other.
R.I.P. Boardertown - Oakland, CA

ejazzle

• Rep: 78
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2388 on: April 13, 2023, 09:09:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
She's 28
That's her channel.

[close]

Holy shit that was hilarious. Every arm swing I heard the bussup "UUUUHHH" in my head. Someone needs to make that edit.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2389 on: April 13, 2023, 09:12:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Well played.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ya kinda did there. But I was addressing, more directly, the people that are acting like her achievements are equivalent to those that have put out traditional parts. Separate from his usual type of videos, Joa put out an actual part. Also, he's not pro. I don't get that equivalence either.

I didn’t say that, and literally no one here is arguing that her achievements are equivalent, only that achievements are irrelevant when determining whose name goes on a skateboard. You are arguing with phantoms.

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2390 on: April 13, 2023, 09:20:12 AM »
What are the chances GH has one/multiple SLAP accounts that he uses to post on this thread to keep it alive and top of mind?

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2391 on: April 13, 2023, 09:21:08 AM »
What are the chances GH has one/multiple SLAP accounts that he uses to post on this thread to keep it alive and top of mind?

Honestly one of my favorite things about this thread is how mad GH makes you.

turbo 2.0

• Rep: 52
« Reply #2392 on: April 13, 2023, 09:22:27 AM »

I think you might have carbon monoxide poisoning bubba, this is the Beatrice/FA thread

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #2393 on: April 13, 2023, 09:40:38 AM »
I think this is much more of a Dill problem. It’s a short reach from brand owner to non-productive skaters when it comes to FA

EagleassMF

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2394 on: April 13, 2023, 10:18:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Evan mock
[close]

I think the difference here is Evan Mock actually rips on tranny. Skating as a career just isn't his #1 priority, and he doesn't try to pretend it is. I get the feeling he could have all his sponsors drop him and he wouldn't care one way or the other.

GH definitely said similar things about Evan Mock when he got a pro board. He didn’t consider him a legitimate pro and most don’t either.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2395 on: April 13, 2023, 10:26:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
She's 28
That's her channel.

[close]

It's one of those things where once someone points it out, you just can't unsee it.

EagleassMF

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2396 on: April 13, 2023, 10:30:39 AM »
jesus why do you guys cry about fucking everything on this website
These threads are filled with the exact internet police “well ackshually” types GH was complaining about.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #2397 on: April 13, 2023, 11:06:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

By talking about something in terms of the political scale are you making it a political issue? Or does that mean it was already one and you're just highlighting that?
My point was that it wasn't apparently political before using the derogatory terminology against the critics, unless, as pointed earlier, you should expect everything on twitter to be political. It is entirely possible they were all speaking from the position of political ideology that they have adopted, but I try not to assume politics behind arguments as a strawman but examine them at face value first.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2398 on: April 13, 2023, 01:53:50 PM »
Expand Quote
jesus why do you guys cry about fucking everything on this website
[close]
These threads are filled with the exact internet police “well ackshually” types GH was complaining about.

Nah, like all Slap threads, this will soon be digested and reiterated across Gifted Hater’s opinion-based content to come.  95 percent of everything that fella’s said originated here, that’s a fact.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2399 on: April 13, 2023, 02:10:33 PM »
Remember when he said with the Skate Mama/Skate Pussy videos how he makes a point not to attack female skaters? 

Well dude, how about you don’t go on a 90 minute rant about a black female skater you don’t like?  Where’s the fraud in what Beatrice is doing?  It’s no more fraudulent than GH’s little kiddie Twitch daycare he runs with his Patreon.

I’m even a fan of this guy usually, but he’s not moving correct in my opinion.  He’s not using his power and influence wisely.  He’s going after extremely low hanging fruit, which is doing the exact opposite of elevating the conversation (as I felt he was before).  Definitely some right wing Fox News hatebait bullshit.

Also the irony of Joa calling out Skate Twitter soy boys with his nasally whiny delivery… I think we’re all a little too used to him at this point but the dude’s a total mama’s boy.