Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 380260 times)

theloniousmonk, dallou (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Kook Me Amadeus

Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #2400 on: April 13, 2023, 02:10:33 PM »
Remember when he said with the Skate Mama/Skate Pussy videos how he makes a point not to attack female skaters? 

Well dude, how about you don’t go on a 90 minute rant about a black female skater you don’t like?  Where’s the fraud in what Beatrice is doing?  It’s no more fraudulent than GH’s little kiddie Twitch daycare he runs with his Patreon.

I’m even a fan of this guy usually, but he’s not moving correct in my opinion.  He’s not using his power and influence wisely.  He’s going after extremely low hanging fruit, which is doing the exact opposite of elevating the conversation (as I felt he was before).  Definitely some right wing Fox News hatebait bullshit.

Also the irony of Joa calling out Skate Twitter soy boys with his nasally whiny delivery… I think we’re all a little too used to him at this point but the dude’s a total mama’s boy.

mindfuzz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 33
« Reply #2401 on: April 13, 2023, 02:38:03 PM »
She hasn’t put out a part, that’s the fraud in his eyes. It’s not that hard to understand.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2402 on: April 13, 2023, 02:48:25 PM »
She hasn’t put out a part, that’s the fraud in his eyes. It’s not that hard to understand.

Dude we know, but that’s a silly reason to attack her.

EagleassMF

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2403 on: April 13, 2023, 03:01:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
jesus why do you guys cry about fucking everything on this website
[close]
These threads are filled with the exact internet police “well ackshually” types GH was complaining about.
[close]

Nah, like all Slap threads, this will soon be digested and reiterated across Gifted Hater’s opinion-based content to come.  95 percent of everything that fella’s said originated here, that’s a fact.

Yeah, you’re definitely one of those types lol

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2404 on: April 13, 2023, 03:10:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
jesus why do you guys cry about fucking everything on this website
[close]
These threads are filled with the exact internet police “well ackshually” types GH was complaining about.
[close]

Nah, like all Slap threads, this will soon be digested and reiterated across Gifted Hater’s opinion-based content to come.  95 percent of everything that fella’s said originated here, that’s a fact.
[close]

Yeah, you’re definitely one of those types lol

What type are you?

smellymoron69

• Rep: -17
« Reply #2405 on: April 13, 2023, 03:16:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Or it's a not a silly reason. Almost like it's just an opinion either way huh?

I think the important thing is that we don't label someone racist or misogynistic just because they criticized a black woman. It seems like some people in this thread want to live in a world where it's simply not allowed to criticize a person that is underrepresented in some group/activity, no matter what the criticism is. And if that type of criticism happens, it automatically means the person making the criticism is bigoted. That's insane to me, and I don't want to live in that world.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2406 on: April 13, 2023, 03:21:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Or it's a not a silly reason. Almost like it's just an opinion either way huh?

I think the important thing is that we don't label someone racist or misogynistic just because they criticized a black woman. It seems like some people in this thread want to live in a world where it's simply not allowed to criticize a person that is underrepresented in some group/activity, no matter what the criticism is. And if that type of criticism happens, it automatically means the person making the criticism is bigoted. That's insane to me, and I don't want to live in that world.

You bring up some good points. It’s definitely a matter of taste, and I really was trying to say I didn’t like the path GH was on.  I think he’s partially fueled by his hatred for Dill, which could be clouding his judgment somewhat.

I think it’s pretty fucking rich y’all can be so blind to the ultimate screechy “yeah but ummm” soy boy in Gifted Hater.  Most privileged dude out there, and yeah, some of his takes are pretty fucking fried lately.

frontshuv

• Rep: -15
« Reply #2407 on: April 13, 2023, 03:43:58 PM »
Expand Quote
How old is Beatrice? Everyone saying she's been hooked up by FA for like 10 years got me tripping. I can't imagine her being older than like 21 tops. I guess that's not too farfetched, but people make it seem like she's been an industry staple for over a decade, which lol no.
[close]
She's 28
That's her channel.
https://youtube.com/@ElementFlip101

If you compare this with here most recent footage you can't really see difference in skills
https://youtu.be/dXoCshpXXm4

what are the chances that ollie up the 3 stair at :45 is actually switch or mirrored in editing?

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
« Reply #2408 on: April 13, 2023, 03:53:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How old is Beatrice? Everyone saying she's been hooked up by FA for like 10 years got me tripping. I can't imagine her being older than like 21 tops. I guess that's not too farfetched, but people make it seem like she's been an industry staple for over a decade, which lol no.
[close]
She's 28
That's her channel.
https://youtube.com/@ElementFlip101

If you compare this with here most recent footage you can't really see difference in skills
https://youtu.be/dXoCshpXXm4
[close]

what are the chances that ollie up the 3 stair at :45 is actually switch or mirrored in editing?

Lol good catch.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2409 on: April 13, 2023, 04:32:43 PM »
Remember when he said with the Skate Mama/Skate Pussy videos how he makes a point not to attack female skaters? 

Well dude, how about you don’t go on a 90 minute rant about a black female skater you don’t like?  Where’s the fraud in what Beatrice is doing?  It’s no more fraudulent than GH’s little kiddie Twitch daycare he runs with his Patreon.

I’m even a fan of this guy usually, but he’s not moving correct in my opinion.  He’s not using his power and influence wisely.  He’s going after extremely low hanging fruit, which is doing the exact opposite of elevating the conversation (as I felt he was before).  Definitely some right wing Fox News hatebait bullshit.

Also the irony of Joa calling out Skate Twitter soy boys with his nasally whiny delivery… I think we’re all a little too used to him at this point but the dude’s a total mama’s boy.

This is a good and correct take. Dude is targeting someone in an already marginalized group in skating (and life) and that seems bad. He's really taking a track that is veering into some weird Tucker Carlson territory.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #2410 on: April 13, 2023, 05:15:21 PM »
Yeah Beatrice isn't out there dropping street part after street part, but yeesh... what a target.

You can come out and say she isn't doing the same things as other pros and feel like you're dropping some truth bomb that nobody wants to admit... but really all you're doing is pointing out what everyone already sees/knows/understands on some level, yet we accept and support her because she's still doing something groundbreaking. Are nerdy white skaters really going to try to set the bar for how much/what type of footage a black female pro should put out? I sure hope not. Her career isn't for the Gifted Haters of the world. In 5-10 years there will be a black girl putting out legitimate parts because Beatrice's Instagram got them stoked. Try to explain how that's a bad thing...

Beatrice, if you're reading this (fat fucking chance), it really wouldn't hurt your case to put out a proper street part lol. But I honestly don't give a fuck, I really see no worthy reason to hate. Wack shit. It's so goddamn easy to pay attention to anything else in skateboarding if someone or something isn't for you, and even easier to find funnier topics or people to talk shit on than Beatrice Domond. She's been low hanging fruit here for a few years.

Last but not least, @Kook Me Amadeus you have got to be that skate Twitter dude that GH put on blast on his IG story... or that dude's friend or something lmao

Edit:
Roba is also correct here... Samarria Brevard is one example that comes to mind. But there's undoubtedly enough space for Beatrice and her pro career in skating. She has a following and that matters, she definitely does actually skate, and honestly she fits FA pretty well. I hate FA, but she fits haha. I mean, if Sean Pablo gets to have a career, she does too.

Expand Quote
Is he really platforming for a black woman to not have a board/place in the industry? What kind of shit is that?
[close]

beatrice isn't the only black woman that skateboards, she's not even the only black woman to have a pro board
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 05:26:35 PM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2411 on: April 13, 2023, 05:22:25 PM »
Yeah Beatrice isn't out there dropping street part after street part, but yeesh... what a target.

You can come out and say she isn't doing the same things as other pros and feel like you're dropping some truth bomb that nobody wants to admit... but really all you're doing is pointing out what everyone already sees/knows/understands on some level, yet we accept and support her because she's still doing something groundbreaking. Are nerdy white skaters really going to try to set the bar for how much/what type of footage a black female pro should put out? I sure hope not. Her career isn't for the Gifted Haters of the world. In 5-10 years there will be a black girl putting out legitimate parts because Beatrice's Instagram got them stoked. Try to explain how that's a bad thing...

Beatrice, if you're reading this (fat fucking chance), it really wouldn't hurt your case to put out a proper street part lol. But I honestly don't give a fuck, I really see no worthy reason to hate. Wack shit. It's so goddamn easy to pay attention to anything else in skateboarding if someone or something isn't for you, and even easier to find funnier topics or people to talk shit on than Beatrice Domond. She's been low hanging fruit here for a few years.

Last but not least, @Kook Me Amadeus you have got to be that skate Twitter dude that GH put on blast on his IG story... or that dude's friend or something lmao

I’m flattered by the suggestion but I’m just another anonymous skateboarding fan with an axe to grind.  Would never use Twitter and I have an extremely small circle of friends  8)

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #2412 on: April 13, 2023, 05:28:11 PM »
I'm gonna gnar you a bunch just because you want to be kooked so I'll do the opposite, that will be funny
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2413 on: April 13, 2023, 05:32:58 PM »
I'm gonna gnar you a bunch just because you want to be kooked so I'll do the opposite, that will be funny

Thanks man  :P

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #2414 on: April 14, 2023, 04:04:31 AM »
I have an extremely small circle of friends  8)

like, he's just always in his own world. he really quiet for real. unless he know you, he funny as hell, though. but if he know you type shit.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 616
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #2415 on: April 14, 2023, 07:39:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is a good and correct take. Dude is targeting someone in an already marginalized group in skating (and life) and that seems bad. He's really taking a track that is veering into some weird Tucker Carlson territory.
More like Grifted Hater ya feel me

mindfuzz

• Rep: 33
« Reply #2416 on: April 14, 2023, 07:49:10 AM »
because she's still doing something groundbreaking.

What is she doing that is groundbreaking? Not trying to be snarky, that is a genuine question.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #2417 on: April 14, 2023, 08:54:03 AM »
Also curious, dressing a certain way?  Certainly nothing groundbreaking about her skating.  And before anyone says “what about Sean Pablo, Ben K, Aiden, etc.” … the difference is all those dudes actually do, or did, fucking rip at one point.  Even Swan was improving rapidly for a minute, back lipping tall ass rails and shit. 

No, skateboarding is not a meritocracy, BUT you shouldn’t be pro if a) you were never that good, and most importantly, b) refuse to push yourself whatsoever on a skateboard once you’ve “made it”.  It’s not all about the skill, but putting in work should be a prerequisite that I, and clearly many others, feel she hasn’t put in.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #2418 on: April 14, 2023, 09:05:53 AM »
what would you guys say if he completely omitted her when going through each and every FA rider? Wouldn't it be weird if he went through an entire company's roster to examine a mostly stagnant team, and then just skips the newest pro who has the least output of any of them?

I don't feel that strongly one way or the other about Beatrice having a board and I generally like her skating, but I don't think some of you guys are really thinking your points through here.

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #2419 on: April 14, 2023, 10:08:49 AM »
Hold on you guys are defending Skate Mama and those multi-hundred dollar pants and beanies?...Is that what's happening?

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2420 on: April 14, 2023, 10:14:53 AM »
what would you guys say if he completely omitted her when going through each and every FA rider? Wouldn't it be weird if he went through an entire company's roster to examine a mostly stagnant team, and then just skips the newest pro who has the least output of any of them?

I don't feel that strongly one way or the other about Beatrice having a board and I generally like her skating, but I don't think some of you guys are really thinking your points through here.

I think he was trying to avoid it for as long as possible but then a highly upvoted comment on his Steezus roast called for him to give Beatrice the business

Like most of this thread every topic he brings up gets beaten to a pulp at which point nothing even makes sense

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #2421 on: April 14, 2023, 10:19:01 AM »
Expand Quote
because she's still doing something groundbreaking.
[close]

What is she doing that is groundbreaking? Not trying to be snarky, that is a genuine question.

the answer is, "absolutely nothing."

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2422 on: April 14, 2023, 10:19:44 AM »

Mentioning her in his YouTube video was sort of whatever, I think we’re all talking about this now:

probably breaking his patreon rules but here's his latest stream where he devotes the first hour just talking about skate twitter and his response to the beatrice hate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OShIG2bZP6w

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2423 on: April 14, 2023, 10:21:32 AM »
Hold on you guys are defending Skate Mama and those multi-hundred dollar pants and beanies?...Is that what's happening?

GH didn't really even do anything to change Mama Skate other than entertain his audience with jokes about her brand

She had no sales before GH talked about her, so what difference did it make that he made videos about her besides have us all point our fingers at her and laugh?

Same thing with Tyshawn bench debacle. Maybe he didn't clear the bench, maybe he did, but Thrasher didn't give af and was still gonna give him SOTY over Nyjah.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2424 on: April 14, 2023, 10:49:56 AM »

In case you’re actually asking, no. 

Skate Mama’s ridiculously overpriced 1400 dollar pants were the primary target of GH’s videos about her.  And based on how predatory that pricing was for such a barebones product, it seemed like a fair reason for scrutiny. 

Dill turning Beatrice pro, however, is not even remotely in the same conversation - certainly not worthy of crossing the line into attacking this girl just for not skating up to a certain standard.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #2425 on: April 14, 2023, 11:04:00 AM »
Again.. it’s not about her lack of skill, it’s the lack of trying.  People disagree with her pro status because she used to be much better at skating and it no longer seems like she’s trying.  She’s regressed, won’t do anything about it, yet still talks in interviews and ig captions like she deserves everything she has.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2426 on: April 14, 2023, 11:11:34 AM »
Again.. it’s not about her lack of skill, it’s the lack of trying.  People disagree with her pro status because she used to be much better at skating and it no longer seems like she’s trying.  She’s regressed, won’t do anything about it, yet still talks in interviews and ig captions like she deserves everything she has.

And again, no one really disputes that either.

It’s just like, maybe don’t make hour long videos attacking this person.  It’s not a good look.  But I guess some of you can’t wrap your heads around the nuances here.

Edit:  sorry if that came off rude, the Benzos are wearing off.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 11:18:41 AM by Kook Me Amadeus »

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 140
« Reply #2427 on: April 14, 2023, 11:31:25 AM »
Part of the reason GH went in on Beatrice specifically when he could have gone after so many other kooks in the industry is because she's given media attention as a representative of skateboarding. Him arguing that she shouldn't be pro serves to reinforce the greater point that the features about her in NYT, Vogue, etc. are unearned and a bad thing to encourage due to the standard they set in the subculture. That you can be rewarded for putting in subpar effort granted you can talk yourself up enough in interviews and market yourself as a respectable figure. His criticisms of Dill and those who prop her up as an "industry plant" attest to this point.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2428 on: April 14, 2023, 11:37:19 AM »
Part of the reason GH went in on Beatrice specifically when he could have gone after so many other kooks in the industry is because she's given media attention as a representative of skateboarding. Him arguing that she shouldn't be pro serves to reinforce the greater point that the features about her in NYT, Vogue, etc. are unearned and a bad thing to encourage due to the standard they set in the subculture. That you can be rewarded for putting in subpar effort granted you can talk yourself up enough in interviews and market yourself as a respectable figure. His criticisms of Dill and those who prop her up as an "industry plant" attest to this point.

I hear you for sure.  But doesn’t that sound a little fear based?  There’ll be others if we allow this!  I’m all for some healthy gate keeping, but how is a Black girl who went viral on instagram, who inspired tons of female skaters over the past decade, getting pro status on a dying brand so much of an issue.  It sounds like some right wing scapegoating.  So many other influencer skaters get coverage like that too.  She’s paving the way for other female skaters to follow her path.  The next generation is already set up so much better.  Just don’t buy her board if you don’t like her.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #2429 on: April 14, 2023, 12:06:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I hear you for sure.  But doesn’t that sound a little fear based?  There’ll be others if we allow this!  I’m all for some healthy gate keeping, but how is a Black girl who went viral on instagram, who inspired tons of female skaters over the past decade, getting pro status on a dying brand so much of an issue.  It sounds like some right wing scapegoating.  So many other influencer skaters get coverage like that too.  She’s paving the way for other female skaters to follow her path.  The next generation is already set up so much better.  Just don’t buy her board if you don’t like her.
If she is put on a pedestal for attributes other than her skating, she is not paving the way for other female skaters. She is paving the way for other influencers to steal the spotlight from people who actually put the work in.

Maybe that’s not fair, and I’m happy to be proven wrong down the line
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest