Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 420388 times)

apport

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #3780 on: January 29, 2024, 11:02:11 AM »
The jacuzzi art is just photoshop, not AI. Boomer rant.
content aware fill/generative fill is AI

manysnakes

« Reply #3781 on: January 29, 2024, 11:15:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
“Covid is fake”
-guy wearing fingerless gloves in a closet
[close]
If he indeed said that, it explains why the video went down while I was watching it 😅
[close]

He took it down to put it up on his main channel
[close]

I don't watch his videos often, and I don't have an opinion on that guy. I don't know if he was ironic or not, but if he means it, it's a really uneducated statement on par with most of the cringe skaters he usually makes fun of.
[close]

It was quite obviously ironic.
[close]
It wasn't obvious for me but I hope you're right.

It’s specifically intended to illicit a response from annoying scolds who still think it matters what some random YouTuber thinks about COVID.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #3782 on: January 29, 2024, 11:30:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
“Covid is fake”
[close]
If he indeed said that, it explains why the video went down while I was watching it
[close]

[close]

I don't watch his videos often, and I don't have an opinion on that guy. I don't know if he was ironic or not, but if he means it, it's a really uneducated statement on par with most of the cringe skaters he usually makes fun of.
[close]

[close]
[close]

It’s specifically intended to illicit a response from annoying scolds who still think it matters what some random YouTuber thinks about COVID.

I recognize the comedic value there, I sorta laughed, but I do worry for those among his audience who aren’t able to parse that nuance and take what Joa says as gospel.  To your point, they’re probably past help at that point, but it does make me a little sad when he includes politically charged stuff.  It doesn’t really enhance the content and makes me think he’s a bit less intelligent whenever he does.

blue

• Rep: -22
« Reply #3783 on: January 29, 2024, 11:53:01 AM »
I think if youre worried about if his take on covid is serious or not, then you are not his intended audience. His entire bit is satire and exaggeration idk how you missed that.

Banned from the room

« Reply #3784 on: January 29, 2024, 12:03:57 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't like the look of Gothic Joa. What world is this
[close]

Joa needs infinite more studs of all sizes and patches.

Seriously though. Carpet needs to send Uncle Flea a box of those silver safety pins on GP.

Haha.

I just feel like he's too handsome to be hiding his face like that.

I miss gifted Spader. Spikey haircut was the shit. Maybe just a very slight mullet. And a Padawan braid!

He's kinda like a teacher to these kids. Gotta show your face

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #3785 on: January 29, 2024, 12:16:56 PM »
I think if youre worried about if his take on covid is serious or not, then you are not his intended audience. His entire bit is satire and exaggeration idk how you missed that.
I'm probably not his intended audience and that's OK. It just sounded weird when I heard it. I don't know how it is in the US but in France there is a lot of revisionism going on right now questioning the reality of covid/vaccines from all kind of people, not only the usual conspiracionists.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3786 on: January 29, 2024, 01:32:36 PM »
i used to joke about covid being fake all the time. then i got long covid so now the joke is on me. whoops

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #3787 on: January 29, 2024, 01:34:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
“Covid is fake”
[close]
If he indeed said that, it explains why the video went down while I was watching it
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I recognize the comedic value there, I sorta laughed, but I do worry for those among his audience who aren’t able to parse that nuance and take what Joa says as gospel.  To your point, they’re probably past help at that point, but it does make me a little sad when he includes politically charged stuff.  It doesn’t really enhance the content and makes me think he’s a bit less intelligent whenever he does.

Covid's gone, who gives a fuck what people think of it now

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 112
« Reply #3788 on: January 29, 2024, 01:41:15 PM »
if someone changes their mind on a global pandemic because of a throwaway joke in a gifted hater video, that person isnt worth thinking about

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #3789 on: January 29, 2024, 07:36:30 PM »
Expand Quote
The jacuzzi art is just photoshop, not AI. Boomer rant.
[close]

don't know still a bad photoshop work. The point was hire people who know how to do the job and stop half assing everything you put out.
Yeah, but it's just classic skate company stuff which I think Jacuzzi is really going for, that 90s in the future kinda stuff of parody etc.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #3790 on: January 29, 2024, 07:38:13 PM »
I'd watch if GH wanted to do his own interview series, as he's good when he's being a skate dork.  Call it the Wine Club, sip chardonnay and chat to skaters.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 744
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #3791 on: January 29, 2024, 08:17:25 PM »
if someone changes their mind on a global pandemic because of a throwaway joke in a gifted hater video, that person isnt worth thinking about
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

emotional_degloving

• Rep: 44
« Reply #3792 on: January 30, 2024, 04:37:19 AM »
Man that entire fuckin rant about Jacuzzi and that J graphic... Like that's a rip of that advert, it's just a photoshop. It looks like they've just made the background lighter and airbrushed a repeated pasting of that ground texture.
Like Sci Fi has deadass done similar deck graphics before. Stable diffusion AI is not advanced as he's making it out to be to part and parcel copy an entire ass advertisement and accurately swap a beerbottle with a J and the exact same hat and jacket etc.... Like that shit requires a human hand. I've seen enough AI art of Homer Simpson wearing stone island jackets to know that shit is wack and will stay wack.

For the record I think AI art shit is wack as hell and scummy.

What's Joa's thing with Jacuzzi anyway, has he said he hates them in a stream or some shit? I know Joa copies most of his opinions from Ninja Lifestyle and I know he hates that shit.

Like regarding Jacuzzi there's bigger fish to fry regarding Louie dropping a rider because the requirement to non-stop party on camera was destroying his mental health, that shit really soured me on them.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #3793 on: January 30, 2024, 06:44:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
“Covid is fake”
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

It's a one-off line... it's not like he's an Andrew Tate type character or something. He's not preaching this message to his audience.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #3794 on: January 30, 2024, 07:35:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
“Covid is fake”
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

friend of mine just got it again in the classic 'all sense of taste gone' version - which sucks.

i never had it like that, but when my wife got it the first time she lost smell completely and had weirdly altered/paired down taste* for a year before it came back.

*joke about being with me here.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1185
  • old and in the way
« Reply #3795 on: January 30, 2024, 07:54:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
“Covid is fake”
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Over one million people have died from COVID in the US alone since December 2, dummy.
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#datatracker-home

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 173
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #3796 on: January 30, 2024, 08:28:27 AM »

I know Joa copies most of his opinions from Ninja Lifestyle and I know he hates that shit.

Lol what the hell are you babbling about

We all know he steals all of opinions from the o’mighty slap forum. That’s why he is so successful cause we are all so cleaver and smart.
check my music

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3797 on: January 30, 2024, 09:11:14 AM »
Like regarding Jacuzzi there's bigger fish to fry regarding Louie dropping a rider because the requirement to non-stop party on camera was destroying his mental health, that shit really soured me on them.
Yeah I thought he missed the forest for the trees on this one as that rider situation and how it was handled was a huge fuck up. Perfect segue into talking about the dudebro party rot at the center of that brand and the vibe that he seems to already object to.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
« Reply #3798 on: January 30, 2024, 10:34:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
“Covid is fake”
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

friend of mine just got it again in the classic 'all sense of taste gone' version - which sucks.

i never had it like that, but when my wife got it the first time she lost smell completely and had weirdly altered/paired down taste* for a year before it came back.

not trying to derail this into a covid thread, but hearing shit like this makes me feel a little better about my own future prospects. i had shortness of breath for a few months the first time, and now i'm experiencing it again, but worse. been two months now, hope it gets better.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #3799 on: January 30, 2024, 01:47:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
“Covid is fake”
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Over one million people have died from COVID in the US alone since December 2, dummy.
December 2019?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #3800 on: January 30, 2024, 02:03:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
“Covid is fake”
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I got it for the first time this year and i got really bad headaches and body aches...the fucked up cough came later when I started getting better and I still have it, i also still have the brain fog and fatigue 3 weeks later

conan777

• Rep: -50
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3801 on: January 30, 2024, 02:13:48 PM »
Are you guys who are mentioning having long COVID symptoms vaccinated?

SquintinTarantino

• Rep: 28
« Reply #3802 on: January 30, 2024, 02:24:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
“Covid is fake”
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I got it for the first time this year and i got really bad headaches and body aches...the fucked up cough came later when I started getting better and I still have it, i also still have the brain fog and fatigue 3 weeks later

My wife and I just it for the first time back in December. Thought it was just a chest cold at first and felt congested. Then the cough and body aches came.  Luckily didn't have the bad headache.  My brother in law got it real bad at the same time and couldn't get out of bed for a few days. I don't think it'll ever go away. It's just going to keep mutating and become a part of our lives like the flu.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #3803 on: January 30, 2024, 02:27:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
“Covid is fake”
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

yeah i only had symptoms the first time (pre vaccine roll out) and headaches were the main thing. no cough, but i had a constant crushing headache for 14 days straight - looking at my watch the whole time waiting for paracetmol o'clock to come around.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #3804 on: January 30, 2024, 05:24:10 PM »
 God dammit learn how to use a forum ya tools.

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 177
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #3805 on: January 30, 2024, 06:48:55 PM »
Let's put this thread back on track. Here are my thoughts on gifted hater

Shtonk

• Rep: -450
« Reply #3806 on: January 31, 2024, 04:56:41 AM »
Man that entire fuckin rant about Jacuzzi and that J graphic... Like that's a rip of that advert, it's just a photoshop. It looks like they've just made the background lighter and airbrushed a repeated pasting of that ground texture.
Like Sci Fi has deadass done similar deck graphics before. Stable diffusion AI is not advanced as he's making it out to be to part and parcel copy an entire ass advertisement and accurately swap a beerbottle with a J and the exact same hat and jacket etc.... Like that shit requires a human hand. I've seen enough AI art of Homer Simpson wearing stone island jackets to know that shit is wack and will stay wack.

For the record I think AI art shit is wack as hell and scummy.

What's Joa's thing with Jacuzzi anyway, has he said he hates them in a stream or some shit? I know Joa copies most of his opinions from Ninja Lifestyle and I know he hates that shit.

For somebody clueless enough to not know about tge current state of generative fill and removal you talk mighty big, fella

manysnakes

« Reply #3807 on: January 31, 2024, 06:22:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
“Covid is fake”
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That's the total official deaths since the first Covid detection in late January 2020. The actual number is much higher, but there is no universe where 1.17m Americans died from Covid since December 2023.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 06:36:19 AM by manysnakes »

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1185
  • old and in the way
« Reply #3808 on: January 31, 2024, 08:43:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
“Covid is fake”
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That's the total official deaths since the first Covid detection in late January 2020. The actual number is much higher, but there is no universe where 1.17m Americans died from Covid since December 2023.

Yes. Since Dec it’s at over a million deaths in the US. Sorry if my phrasing was confusing. I’m tired of people claiming it doesn’t exist or that it’s not still going around. The holidays saw a big spike.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 479
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #3809 on: January 31, 2024, 10:03:43 AM »
Over 1 million deaths in the last 2 months??
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.