Author Topic: Crypto Crash  (Read 11904 times)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
Re: Crypto Crash
« Reply #180 on: May 25, 2022, 05:31:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
ah yes the age old question of which has more power, a nation state or “math and thermodynamics”
[close]

So do you think our nation state is doing a good job with monetary policy? Our ballooning debt over 30 trillion dollars is ok and things will just be all good going forward? You have any nuance in your opinions? Again, no one seems to have any insight in a solution to get us out of our current situation other than just "Bitcoin is a scam". Someone give me an argument, please. Just asking for genuine curiosity. No one seems to have an answer on SLAP. Give a long argument and you just get "TLDR", "Bitcoin is a scam." Every time I post in this thread I hope there's people who have good counterpoints or just topics to discuss, but it's the same shit every time.
[close]

you have failed to articulate how bitcoin will do anything. math and thermodynamics are abstract concepts.
[close]

Apparently you haven't read what I said. 53% of people live in authoritarian regimes. In dictatorships, if people are blocked out of their banking systems, how can they access their wealth? Like I said regarding Russia/Ukraine, many people tried to withdraw their savings from banks and had no access. Bitcoin literally provided a safety valve for people to hold onto their wealth or have people send money to them. Seems like a pretty straightforward and beautiful way to help people who are unbanked, but let me know why you don't think there's value in that.
[close]

how is that going to solve the 33 trillion dollar whatever that you’re concerned about
[close]

So no response to the how Bitcoin is actually helping those in underbanked countries? Seems right.

And what an all time quote. "the 33 trillion dollar whatever you're concerned about." You serious? You don't think it's an issue we're over 30 trillion in debt? Come on. We just keep pushing our debt ceiling higher and higher as a country and has no plan to alleviate that issue.

Again, no one has mentioned any actual response to how we fix our current monetary policy. Would love to discuss it and hear opinions as I'm open to hear all opinions. Seems like anyone here on this thread just wants to say Bitcoin/crypto sucks with no real solutions to the clusterfuck we're in. Don't feel like wasting more energy if no one wants to come back with actual solutions so feel free to shoot me a PM if anyone wants to have an actual chat. Would love to discuss some nuance and ideas about our current monetary system.

Let's keep this clock cranking: https://www.usdebtclock.org
[close]

it was your example dude. how will bitcoin fix it

By individual discreet buyers purchasing a tiny share of a speculative asset. Boom! Billions lifted out of poverty!
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #181 on: May 25, 2022, 08:25:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
"One of the greatest inventions in the history of mankind"
[close]

said the rocket scientist

[close]

Lmao
[close]

Lmao for real. The video starts with an advertisement for MicroStrategy, they have 5 billion USD in Bitcoin which was bought for an average price of $30,700. As of this morning, BTC is worth $28,700. They lost 325,745,000 in a course of a week. They have a margin call when it hits 21k. Yeah, they really believe. Bullshit, it's all bullshit and lies.

The more a cryptocurrency hyperinflates the less use it has as a practical replacement for fiat money. People couldn't even sell when it was free falling. Those who think this is the future and in some way liberating to the lower classes completely drank the Flavor Aid.
[close]

Completely false headline I'm sure you read somewhere. He already cleared this rumor that price would have to be around $3,600 to actually start triggering a bargain call.

So weird to see people somehow clinging onto the current fiat system and still putting Bitcoin and crypto in the same category. Sad to think people have drank the "Flavor Aid" as you stated while 2-3% inflation a year is just a healthy thing for a growing economy and a necessity. That's really worked well for the poor and middle class in the last 50 years as fiat trends to zero across the board.

Imagine criticizing a monetary system with a fixed supply why the Fed printed 40% of US dollars in the last year and people have no say whatsoever in that decision.
[close]

No one in this conversation has argued that the us dollar or Fiat currency in general is a good thing.

The "people" who don't have a say in current monetary policy also lack a voice in the crypto world. Pretending otherwise is disingenuous, naive at best. Crypto in its current state is untenable because its being used as a vehicle for investment. A way for the rich to get rich. Remove capitalism from the equation and it could have positives, but that's not going to happen.
[close]

The whole point of Bitcoin is you can choose to opt in. You don't have to be a part of it. It's a neutral apolitical software protocol. And you keep saying crypto as it's the same as Bitcoin. It's not. I've said in this thread multiple times 99% of crypto projects are scams and bullshit. Don't think we disagree there. VC's are just wrecking retail in the name of "new tech" and that's shitty. But Bitcoin is very different. Also, in Bitcoin the same you put in is the same you get back in making/losing money. It's not obscured to the rich. Don't know why that's hard to grasp.

I went from very skeptical of crypto, to wanting to make money, to deeply investigating Bitcoin, researching our current monetary policy and emerging very optimistic on Bitcoin. If you've done tons of research on Bitcoin and still think it's a scam, then fine. You're welcome to that opinion.

And if you somehow just lump Michael Saylor into someone trying to make money without knowing his deep investments into science, tech, aerospace and starting his Saylor Academy, that's just on you making some broad generalization of someone you read who owns and believes in Bitcoin.
[close]

I began learning about BTC and the whole shebang in 2011 and I'll leave that at that.

The average, regular working stiff and the poor, the folks who don't have $$ to put in, aren't getting anywhere with this, let alone getting back what they put in- because they've got nothing but themselves and their labor to put in. At this point in time, you've got to be privileged to buy into BTC. There's no getting around it.

Regarding the choice to "opt in," again, you've got to be privileged as fuck to make that choice. Say BTC were used as a widespread medium of currency, it's not as implementation will be benefit the working or poor, but rather for the benefit of the investor/ruling class who reap profit due to what they hold of the limited supply. In this moment, it makes me think of using land as a currency. They don't make new land, so get it while you can. But at least with land, you might have land with water or minerals, natural resources that can be bartered or used to sustain oneself. BTC doesn't do any of that, instead it's got to be produced/mined before being used to BUY things, thus, again excluding the investor/ruling class, keeping the general population of humanity working for someone else, using their bodies, time, and labor as currency in trade for a digital ticket. A currency that will change the world for the better. Fuck that. No currency is going to change the world for the better. Those who have the most will continue to rule and control. Maybe there will be a "newer" ruling class, but as we can see from the current investors in BTC, they're not concerned with making the world a better, more equitable place.

The last thing I'm going to say today is that to all the folks who talk about crypto currencies or bitcoin being "the future," consider that when states collapse, fiat currencies lose value, central banks fall etc, when civ is teetering, the electrical grid goes with it.
[close]

Please elaborate on what you mean by being privileged to buy Bitcoin. You literally can put in $1 or $1,000,000 into Bitcoin. I'm not sure I understand how only rich people can access Bitcoin. Feel free to share more.

So people in the current system to choose to "save" their wealth in dollars, in ten years have significantly less money in purchasing power, which is skewed directly to hurting the poor. How is that system good or ok?

Again, no one has said a single solution on how we figure out our debt crisis and how we can work our way out of our monetary policy issues. Does anyone have some solutions? Genuinely curious. Just saying "Bitcoin bad" without any solutions to our current issues is just noise.
[close]

you failed to address the other issues raised in my post, but am positing that I feel "Bitcoin bad." Nowhere have I even eluded to BTC being bad, but rather, have expressed that capitalism and predatory systems are rigged. BTC is part of that, like any other form of currency. It may, in some ways, be worse, as it's digital and leaves a monster sized footprint regarding what holders have. XMR and other privacy oriented currencies are better in that regard.

Nowhere have I equated the current monetary systems of the world to being "good or ok," rather I'm arguing that BTC is really not any better as any currency in and of itself favors the wealthy. Again, you mention people saving cash and losing value due to inflation or buying BTC- the VAST majority of the people in the world have literally no savings and what savings they may have need to be liquid in the event of an emergency.

I grew up poor, not dirt poor, but working poor, spent my life around a bunch of other poor people who don't have much. I now work helping people who are much, much poorer than I ever was. I'm talking working people living in cars, campsites, and tents. They are NEVER going to have enough to invest in BTC. I'm thinking about the folks living in the homeless camp I saw getting eradicated today too.

Not only are poor folks not taught about saving, they're living hand to mouth. If poor people had investments, they wouldn't be poor. If there aren't poor people to work menial jobs, there aren't rich people, and by gum, the power brokers won't let that happen. If you don't understand that poor people are poor by a systemic design in which a fiat currency is only a contemporary piece, you'll never get it.

This has nothing to do with dollars being better than BTC. I've looked at dollars like shitty green carnival tickets for a long, long time and you need tickets to ride. I also lived a decent period of time on a mostly barter based system within my community, trading labor for food, needed things, and to help my neighbors. that's the only solution to the bullshit that BTC proselytizers argue bitcoin will fix. Unless, really deep down, it's about maybe getting rich as the value goes up.
[close]

I guess I'm confused on what you mean by BTC being in the same boat as a predatory system and rigged like other currency. In what ways? That's just nonsense. An inflationary currency like fiat favors the rich who can buy assets that appreciates, while the poor suffer. In a Bitcoin standard, your purchasing power increases over time.

When I mentioned the poor not being able to save, I'm talking about those below the poverty line who still have a bank account or cash but no means to save. Those people can still choose to opt into Bitcoin if they choose. When you mention homeless people, obviously that's a different ballpark where I'd argue our current system of inflated fiat currency has caused that. I'm not saying telling homeless people to buy Bitcoin solves anything, but I'm saying the current monetary policy of our country helps to keep people within poverty.

And just to be clear, since I've asked multiple times in this thread about solutions people have to fix our current situation, your solution to our monetary problem is to adopt a barter system within communities? Asking that question genuinely as it seems that way from your post. How does that spread throughout the world or work in our current world?

The problem is not the capitalist system, its the distribution of wealth, the greedy - self serving individuals who think their system will correct a broken system- when really it builds upon the same corrupt system that keeps those barely holding on (yes even crypto bro/ libertarians).

most crypto is depended on some form of asset, whether it be the mining or the dollar that stable coin and luna tried to use at financial credit

Its the same issue in general with police,  reforming them does nothing, there will always be motivation for people to break laws (agreeable or not).  With crypto there is an essential element to exploit some user or the planet for monetary gains that most likely wont be distributed equally

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #182 on: May 25, 2022, 08:46:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
ah yes the age old question of which has more power, a nation state or “math and thermodynamics”
[close]

So do you think our nation state is doing a good job with monetary policy? Our ballooning debt over 30 trillion dollars is ok and things will just be all good going forward? You have any nuance in your opinions? Again, no one seems to have any insight in a solution to get us out of our current situation other than just "Bitcoin is a scam". Someone give me an argument, please. Just asking for genuine curiosity. No one seems to have an answer on SLAP. Give a long argument and you just get "TLDR", "Bitcoin is a scam." Every time I post in this thread I hope there's people who have good counterpoints or just topics to discuss, but it's the same shit every time.
[close]

you have failed to articulate how bitcoin will do anything. math and thermodynamics are abstract concepts.
[close]

Apparently you haven't read what I said. 53% of people live in authoritarian regimes. In dictatorships, if people are blocked out of their banking systems, how can they access their wealth? Like I said regarding Russia/Ukraine, many people tried to withdraw their savings from banks and had no access. Bitcoin literally provided a safety valve for people to hold onto their wealth or have people send money to them. Seems like a pretty straightforward and beautiful way to help people who are unbanked, but let me know why you don't think there's value in that.
[close]

how is that going to solve the 33 trillion dollar whatever that you’re concerned about
[close]

So no response to the how Bitcoin is actually helping those in underbanked countries? Seems right.

And what an all time quote. "the 33 trillion dollar whatever you're concerned about." You serious? You don't think it's an issue we're over 30 trillion in debt? Come on. We just keep pushing our debt ceiling higher and higher as a country and has no plan to alleviate that issue.

Again, no one has mentioned any actual response to how we fix our current monetary policy. Would love to discuss it and hear opinions as I'm open to hear all opinions. Seems like anyone here on this thread just wants to say Bitcoin/crypto sucks with no real solutions to the clusterfuck we're in. Don't feel like wasting more energy if no one wants to come back with actual solutions so feel free to shoot me a PM if anyone wants to have an actual chat. Would love to discuss some nuance and ideas about our current monetary system.

Let's keep this clock cranking: https://www.usdebtclock.org
[close]

it was your example dude. how will bitcoin fix it

Our current system encourages spending and inflating the dollar supply, so the debt balloon will just keep increasing until it breaks. With Bitcoin there's a fixed supply and money can't be manipulated where debt would able to be under control and decreased.

And to manysnakes, I would never make some blanket naive statement like that. Maybe try to give something constructive to the conversation.

My main argument is I think our monetary system is broken and will continue to exploit the poorest in our country and world. There's so many countries who are devastated by hyperinflation and it's depressing to see people's wealth decaying before their eyes. I think Bitcoin is a better monetary system that is transparent and fair in my eyes and the supply isn't dictated by some guys sitting in a room who can print money with a push of a button. I think the root of a lot of issues in society is because of a broken monetary system and think if that can be fixed, the world will benefit. I don't think it's going to magically pull the world out of poverty and make some utopia, I just think it's the best solution to our current problem. Just my personal opinion.

Irvine-Sucks.com

cky enthusiast

« Reply #183 on: May 25, 2022, 08:52:56 AM »
is it weird that the biggest holders of your awesomely fair system are also the people currently aggressively fucking the world

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #184 on: May 25, 2022, 08:57:09 AM »
 if we eliminated the need for money like in Star Trek we wouldn't need bitcoins or crypto.. pretty good solution IMO

G raham

• Rep: -49
« Reply #185 on: May 25, 2022, 09:13:07 AM »
is it weird that the biggest holders of your awesomely fair system are also the people currently aggressively fucking the world

like who?
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #186 on: May 25, 2022, 09:17:05 AM »
right. no major financial firms or investment groups have leveraged crypto in any way. for sure

G raham

• Rep: -49
« Reply #187 on: May 25, 2022, 09:27:12 AM »
the biggest holders are miners typically then whales who bought early and then yeah probably VCs and investment firms. the point is they cant commandeer it and bend the rules to their liking to benefit themselves. exchanges and miners tried this in 2017 and they failed miserably.
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #188 on: May 25, 2022, 09:48:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Lmao
[close]

Lmao for real. The video starts with an advertisement for MicroStrategy, they have 5 billion USD in Bitcoin which was bought for an average price of $30,700. As of this morning, BTC is worth $28,700. They lost 325,745,000 in a course of a week. They have a margin call when it hits 21k. Yeah, they really believe. Bullshit, it's all bullshit and lies.

The more a cryptocurrency hyperinflates the less use it has as a practical replacement for fiat money. People couldn't even sell when it was free falling. Those who think this is the future and in some way liberating to the lower classes completely drank the Flavor Aid.
[close]

Completely false headline I'm sure you read somewhere. He already cleared this rumor that price would have to be around $3,600 to actually start triggering a bargain call.

So weird to see people somehow clinging onto the current fiat system and still putting Bitcoin and crypto in the same category. Sad to think people have drank the "Flavor Aid" as you stated while 2-3% inflation a year is just a healthy thing for a growing economy and a necessity. That's really worked well for the poor and middle class in the last 50 years as fiat trends to zero across the board.

Imagine criticizing a monetary system with a fixed supply why the Fed printed 40% of US dollars in the last year and people have no say whatsoever in that decision.
[close]

No one in this conversation has argued that the us dollar or Fiat currency in general is a good thing.

The "people" who don't have a say in current monetary policy also lack a voice in the crypto world. Pretending otherwise is disingenuous, naive at best. Crypto in its current state is untenable because its being used as a vehicle for investment. A way for the rich to get rich. Remove capitalism from the equation and it could have positives, but that's not going to happen.
[close]

The whole point of Bitcoin is you can choose to opt in. You don't have to be a part of it. It's a neutral apolitical software protocol. And you keep saying crypto as it's the same as Bitcoin. It's not. I've said in this thread multiple times 99% of crypto projects are scams and bullshit. Don't think we disagree there. VC's are just wrecking retail in the name of "new tech" and that's shitty. But Bitcoin is very different. Also, in Bitcoin the same you put in is the same you get back in making/losing money. It's not obscured to the rich. Don't know why that's hard to grasp.

I went from very skeptical of crypto, to wanting to make money, to deeply investigating Bitcoin, researching our current monetary policy and emerging very optimistic on Bitcoin. If you've done tons of research on Bitcoin and still think it's a scam, then fine. You're welcome to that opinion.

And if you somehow just lump Michael Saylor into someone trying to make money without knowing his deep investments into science, tech, aerospace and starting his Saylor Academy, that's just on you making some broad generalization of someone you read who owns and believes in Bitcoin.
[close]

I began learning about BTC and the whole shebang in 2011 and I'll leave that at that.

The average, regular working stiff and the poor, the folks who don't have $$ to put in, aren't getting anywhere with this, let alone getting back what they put in- because they've got nothing but themselves and their labor to put in. At this point in time, you've got to be privileged to buy into BTC. There's no getting around it.

Regarding the choice to "opt in," again, you've got to be privileged as fuck to make that choice. Say BTC were used as a widespread medium of currency, it's not as implementation will be benefit the working or poor, but rather for the benefit of the investor/ruling class who reap profit due to what they hold of the limited supply. In this moment, it makes me think of using land as a currency. They don't make new land, so get it while you can. But at least with land, you might have land with water or minerals, natural resources that can be bartered or used to sustain oneself. BTC doesn't do any of that, instead it's got to be produced/mined before being used to BUY things, thus, again excluding the investor/ruling class, keeping the general population of humanity working for someone else, using their bodies, time, and labor as currency in trade for a digital ticket. A currency that will change the world for the better. Fuck that. No currency is going to change the world for the better. Those who have the most will continue to rule and control. Maybe there will be a "newer" ruling class, but as we can see from the current investors in BTC, they're not concerned with making the world a better, more equitable place.

The last thing I'm going to say today is that to all the folks who talk about crypto currencies or bitcoin being "the future," consider that when states collapse, fiat currencies lose value, central banks fall etc, when civ is teetering, the electrical grid goes with it.
[close]

Please elaborate on what you mean by being privileged to buy Bitcoin. You literally can put in $1 or $1,000,000 into Bitcoin. I'm not sure I understand how only rich people can access Bitcoin. Feel free to share more.

So people in the current system to choose to "save" their wealth in dollars, in ten years have significantly less money in purchasing power, which is skewed directly to hurting the poor. How is that system good or ok?

Again, no one has said a single solution on how we figure out our debt crisis and how we can work our way out of our monetary policy issues. Does anyone have some solutions? Genuinely curious. Just saying "Bitcoin bad" without any solutions to our current issues is just noise.
[close]

you failed to address the other issues raised in my post, but am positing that I feel "Bitcoin bad." Nowhere have I even eluded to BTC being bad, but rather, have expressed that capitalism and predatory systems are rigged. BTC is part of that, like any other form of currency. It may, in some ways, be worse, as it's digital and leaves a monster sized footprint regarding what holders have. XMR and other privacy oriented currencies are better in that regard.

Nowhere have I equated the current monetary systems of the world to being "good or ok," rather I'm arguing that BTC is really not any better as any currency in and of itself favors the wealthy. Again, you mention people saving cash and losing value due to inflation or buying BTC- the VAST majority of the people in the world have literally no savings and what savings they may have need to be liquid in the event of an emergency.

I grew up poor, not dirt poor, but working poor, spent my life around a bunch of other poor people who don't have much. I now work helping people who are much, much poorer than I ever was. I'm talking working people living in cars, campsites, and tents. They are NEVER going to have enough to invest in BTC. I'm thinking about the folks living in the homeless camp I saw getting eradicated today too.

Not only are poor folks not taught about saving, they're living hand to mouth. If poor people had investments, they wouldn't be poor. If there aren't poor people to work menial jobs, there aren't rich people, and by gum, the power brokers won't let that happen. If you don't understand that poor people are poor by a systemic design in which a fiat currency is only a contemporary piece, you'll never get it.

This has nothing to do with dollars being better than BTC. I've looked at dollars like shitty green carnival tickets for a long, long time and you need tickets to ride. I also lived a decent period of time on a mostly barter based system within my community, trading labor for food, needed things, and to help my neighbors. that's the only solution to the bullshit that BTC proselytizers argue bitcoin will fix. Unless, really deep down, it's about maybe getting rich as the value goes up.
[close]

I guess I'm confused on what you mean by BTC being in the same boat as a predatory system and rigged like other currency. In what ways? That's just nonsense. An inflationary currency like fiat favors the rich who can buy assets that appreciates, while the poor suffer. In a Bitcoin standard, your purchasing power increases over time.

When I mentioned the poor not being able to save, I'm talking about those below the poverty line who still have a bank account or cash but no means to save. Those people can still choose to opt into Bitcoin if they choose. When you mention homeless people, obviously that's a different ballpark where I'd argue our current system of inflated fiat currency has caused that. I'm not saying telling homeless people to buy Bitcoin solves anything, but I'm saying the current monetary policy of our country helps to keep people within poverty.

And just to be clear, since I've asked multiple times in this thread about solutions people have to fix our current situation, your solution to our monetary problem is to adopt a barter system within communities? Asking that question genuinely as it seems that way from your post. How does that spread throughout the world or work in our current world?
[close]

The problem is not the capitalist system, its the distribution of wealth, the greedy - self serving individuals who think their system will correct a broken system- when really it builds upon the same corrupt system that keeps those barely holding on (yes even crypto bro/ libertarians).

most crypto is depended on some form of asset, whether it be the mining or the dollar that stable coin and luna tried to use at financial credit

Its the same issue in general with police,  reforming them does nothing, there will always be motivation for people to break laws (agreeable or not).  With crypto there is an essential element to exploit some user or the planet for monetary gains that most likely wont be distributed equally

This is a joke, right? The problem is not the application of the definition?
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #189 on: May 25, 2022, 09:54:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Lmao
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

This is a joke, right? The problem is not the application of the definition?

No not a joke
you think someone is gonna come along and use a new system for economic mobility.   Marx understood that there needs to equal ownership of capitol, not going to happen

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #190 on: May 25, 2022, 02:53:11 PM »
@Abyss1 I’m dying to know what you do for work…

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #191 on: May 25, 2022, 04:01:02 PM »
@Abyss1 I’m dying to know what you do for work…

I run my own business, the work is split between green building codes, energy compliance, and designing HVAC systems for buildings in CA.   

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2022, 08:01:53 AM »
Exchanges are freezing transactions in a liquidity crisis and some major margin calls on bitcoin will take place when it drops below $20k. Potential for an absolute institutional bloodbath this week.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1428
« Reply #193 on: June 13, 2022, 08:15:09 AM »

lol
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #194 on: June 13, 2022, 08:53:48 AM »
About 1 bil unrealized losses

Source: https://saylortracker.com/

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2022, 09:13:37 AM »
The real question for me isn’t if crypto collapses but does the crypto collapse take a significant sector of the economy with it. I just have no idea what sort of public exposure there is, but for example I would expect this doesn’t bode well for Tesla and anyone whose 401k is invested in them.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1428
« Reply #196 on: June 13, 2022, 10:47:11 AM »
The real question for me isn’t if crypto collapses but does the crypto collapse take a significant sector of the economy with it. I just have no idea what sort of public exposure there is, but for example I would expect this doesn’t bode well for Tesla and anyone whose 401k is invested in them.

I'm not so sure, but GPUs would come down considerably in price. Hoping I can get a new one to run Illustrator without my PC crashing every hour. Elon hypes Dogecoin to inflate the price, so I think your're right, so he has a vested interest. It's now 5 cents a coin and was 77 when he appeared on SNL.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1439
« Reply #197 on: June 13, 2022, 11:20:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Elon hypes Dogecoin to inflate the price, so I think your're right, so he has a vested interest. It's now 5 cents a coin and was 77 when he appeared on SNL.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #198 on: June 13, 2022, 12:06:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm not so sure, but GPUs would come down considerably in price. Hoping I can get a new one to run Illustrator without my PC crashing every hour. Elon hypes Dogecoin to inflate the price, so I think your're right, so he has a vested interest. It's now 5 cents a coin and was 77 when he appeared on SNL.

I would imagine there will be a bunch of used GPUs entering the marketing in a few months time.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1061
« Reply #199 on: June 13, 2022, 04:19:18 PM »
I’m down 82% from November of last year. Yay, crypto!

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #200 on: June 13, 2022, 04:23:33 PM »
I know numerous people who bought in when it was 12-20k and who didn't sell at last years peak. WHY WHY WHY did you not cash out? ay yi yi

and also, how about binance not allowing sales. folks being played and hollering for decentralization and now ya can't cash out. honest to goodness, I hope Tesla fails miserably now too. suckers
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 04:41:30 PM by IusedToSkateMore »

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1061
« Reply #201 on: June 13, 2022, 05:44:33 PM »
I know numerous people who bought in when it was 12-20k and who didn't sell at last years peak. WHY WHY WHY did you not cash out? ay yi yi

and also, how about binance not allowing sales. folks being played and hollering for decentralization and now ya can't cash out. honest to goodness, I hope Tesla fails miserably now too. suckers

Please, tell me more of your secrets, wise investor

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #202 on: June 13, 2022, 06:13:24 PM »
It is interesting that crypto is acting like every other financial asset. Instead of hedging against inflation, it is losing value with the rest of the market.

Also, weird that the dollar is down in comparison to the price of commodities but up in comparison to a lot of currencies (the Canadian dollar is sucking balls considering how expensive oil is right now).

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #203 on: June 13, 2022, 07:18:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Please, tell me more of your secrets, wise investor

I'm not sure what you're getting at. are you implying that I'm a crypto lawd? bawitdabaw bang a dang diggy diggin my own financial grave with shitty investments and greed? too bad I'm too poor to fuck with investing in markets and speculative assets

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #204 on: June 13, 2022, 08:19:14 PM »
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/06/cryptocurrency-plunges-as-crypto-bank-celsius-suspends-withdrawals/

The house of cards continues to tumble. I really have no sympathy for anyone who got so swept up in the propaganda and converted their life savings to crypto. I'd honestly be more supportive of taking it to the roulette table and putting it on red. Seems about equal risk but the casino at least gets you drunk and cooks you dinner before they fleece you.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
« Reply #205 on: June 14, 2022, 06:35:24 AM »
- Tristan Funkhauser didn't jam onto the bench

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #206 on: June 14, 2022, 08:03:43 AM »
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/06/cryptocurrency-plunges-as-crypto-bank-celsius-suspends-withdrawals/

The house of cards continues to tumble. I really have no sympathy for anyone who got so swept up in the propaganda and converted their life savings to crypto. I'd honestly be more supportive of taking it to the roulette table and putting it on red. Seems about equal risk but the casino at least gets you drunk and cooks you dinner before they fleece you.

yea, never heard of Celsius, here is a good summary

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 554
« Reply #207 on: June 14, 2022, 09:26:59 AM »
I was really enjoying all the Crypto commercials during last night's Warriors/Celtics games.

Basically the burning house dog saying "this is fine" in sleek advertisement form

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #208 on: June 14, 2022, 09:28:45 AM »

I saw someone on Twitter say "I believe in Bitcoin, and I won't sell even if it hits zero." IT'S A FUCKING CURRENCY! What the fuck is there to believe in if it has no value? Just absolutely insane, cargo cult behavior.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #209 on: June 14, 2022, 10:20:26 AM »