Author Topic: Crypto Crash  (Read 11931 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: Crypto Crash
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2022, 08:39:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I cant knock anyone trying to survive late stage capitalism mang
[close]

Yo but if you're actively making it worse? That sucks
[close]
Anyone promising anything regarding it is lame but I mostly just see desperation under the false crypto bro bravado.
[close]

Both things can be true. It can be incredibly desperate and also incredibly stupid and craven

*see: opioid epidemic

Mouth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2022, 05:40:33 AM »
I've still got around 15% of my portfolio at play. The rest has been sitting on the sidelines since late November. This week could be nasty, if it is, I'll put it all back in and leave it for a while.

'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2022, 11:35:52 AM »
Anyone thinking of investing in crypto should do themselves the due diligence of watching this:

The video is not purely about NTFS as there's a ton of info on crypto as well. There's been a lot of misinformation I've read from people who drank the coolaid on SLAP. For instance, Bitcoin being a banking solution for developing countries; a private form of payment; or useful for people born in an area of the world that doesn't grant its citizens government identification. These were all valid reasons to support crypto in its inception but never saw fruition. No undocumented people are using crypto for banking, as you have to have ID to sign up for exchanges. Now it's primarily a tool used to scam the socially inept and gullible.
i知 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2022, 02:28:01 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
The 'waste of energy' in regards to crypto will soon be solved (or at least gradually solved) as it shifts more towards proof of stake and away from the way more energy consuming proof of work model. Also, people love to tout electric cars as if its solving anything. where does the electricity come from that people are charging these cars with? Likely a polluting source at some level, not to mention the mining for the battery components. Crypto is not going anywhere, neither are NFTs and the metaverse. Adapt or be the boomer that never learned to use the internet/a computer.
[close]

Expand Quote
Welp my 2k of gainz evaporated bu I知 just gonna hold, no point to sell now
[close]

Woops
[close]

Ooof ya hate to see it. Couldn稚 be me, but ya hate to see it

Lol what do you keep your money in your mattress?
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2022, 02:29:34 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
The 'waste of energy' in regards to crypto will soon be solved (or at least gradually solved) as it shifts more towards proof of stake and away from the way more energy consuming proof of work model. Also, people love to tout electric cars as if its solving anything. where does the electricity come from that people are charging these cars with? Likely a polluting source at some level, not to mention the mining for the battery components. Crypto is not going anywhere, neither are NFTs and the metaverse. Adapt or be the boomer that never learned to use the internet/a computer.
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Woops
[close]
Think PAWL turned me onto HCMC stock. Evaporated too,still holding onto my 100,000 shares of worthless stock

Oi, yeah that one really didn稚 pan out sorry : /

*Mandatory I知 not a financial advisor*
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2022, 02:43:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Woops
[close]
Think PAWL turned me onto HCMC stock. Evaporated too,still holding onto my 100,000 shares of worthless stock
[close]

Oi, yeah that one really didn稚 pan out sorry : /

*Mandatory I知 not a financial advisor*
lol all good Pawl. Watching that stock exciting for awhile. Told a couple pals about HCMC. We never talked about it and pretend never happened

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2022, 02:59:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Woops
[close]

Ooof ya hate to see it. Couldn稚 be me, but ya hate to see it
[close]

Lol what do you keep your money in your mattress?

Pretty bold of you to assume I have money.

#paycheck2paycheck gang.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

suomynona

• Rep: 21
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2022, 08:45:23 PM »
Turns out giving your money to assholes who just copied and pasted each other's code was a bad idea.

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2022, 06:54:55 AM »

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2022, 07:05:08 AM »
I'm surprised to see that the Biden admin is going to make any moves in this regard. At this point, the market is so deep into crypto that it's basically too big to fail, sort of like Tesla. Billions or trillions of American's retirement savings would be wiped out if these pyramid schemes are allowed to go bust.

But if we learned anything from 2020, it should be that the market at this point is more or less completely detached from any productive use, and the government will move heaven and earth to make sure it always remains whole.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2022, 07:18:30 AM »
The "crypto crash" isn't exactly a singular event right now. You're aware of the global economy, no?  In addition to all the current obvious reasons (Omicron, overvaluation, labor shortage, etc..) the recent prospect of a Russian attack on Ukraine quashed demand for riskier assets. Pretty much everything is crashing right now, not just crypto.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2022, 07:29:08 AM »
oh you're telling me just about every index is also down while crypto is down? it's almost like peoples money somehow are connected whether it being stocks, savings or crypto

(also it's time to buy)

artskool

• Rep: 31
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2022, 07:38:52 AM »
I just bought $100 worth of crypto based on this thread. See you suckers at the Lambo dealership in a year.

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2022, 08:12:13 AM »
I just bought $100 worth of crypto based on this thread. See you suckers at the Lambo dealership in a year.

Can't wait for your crypto Lambo music video to drop. In the meantime we'll have to make do with this:

8) YO CRYPTO FAM IS SO COOL! It's not at all a MLM scheme for dudes.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2022, 08:25:05 AM »
america rules

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2022, 08:28:52 AM »
Anyone thinking of investing in crypto should do themselves the due diligence of watching this:

The video is not purely about NTFS as there's a ton of info on crypto as well. There's been a lot of misinformation I've read from people who drank the coolaid on SLAP. For instance, Bitcoin being a banking solution for developing countries; a private form of payment; or useful for people born in an area of the world that doesn't grant its citizens government identification. These were all valid reasons to support crypto in its inception but never saw fruition. No undocumented people are using crypto for banking, as you have to have ID to sign up for exchanges. Now it's primarily a tool used to scam the socially inept and gullible.

Also, Johnny Harris did a pretty good video on crypto.  Found it really to be one of the best videos on this shit

artskool

• Rep: 31
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2022, 09:14:00 AM »
The line between real life and satire has been completely erased in our culture.

Expand Quote
[close]

Can't wait for your crypto Lambo music video to drop. In the meantime we'll have to make do with this:

8) YO CRYPTO FAM IS SO COOL! It's not at all a MLM scheme for dudes.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2022, 09:34:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"why, i can't hardly calculate what i'm looking at"

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2022, 10:05:02 AM »
The "crypto crash" isn't exactly a singular event right now. You're aware of the global economy, no?  In addition to all the current obvious reasons (Omicron, overvaluation, labor shortage, etc..) the recent prospect of a Russian attack on Ukraine quashed demand for riskier assets. Pretty much everything is crashing right now, not just crypto.

"folks Enron is totally cool and not a scam, just because the rest of the economy has crashed doesn't mean that Enron isn't a good investment!"

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1391
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2022, 10:15:05 AM »
anyone watch the show Ozark? I just started watching the most recent season. Protagonist, Marty Byrde, is a wunderkind accountant and money mover who ends up moving drug money. His family starts a foundation to launder the money. The family has "political" aspirations. While it may be hyperbole, the first few episodes of this season really lay down a picture of political corruption and money laundering that's relatable to the current USA. Check it out and maybe you'll think "oh boy, that's really what's going on."
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2022, 10:24:15 AM »
anyone watch the show Ozark? I just started watching the most recent season. Protagonist, Marty Byrde, is a wunderkind accountant and money mover who ends up moving drug money. His family starts a foundation to launder the money. The family has "political" aspirations. While it may be hyperbole, the first few episodes of this season really lay down a picture of political corruption and money laundering that's relatable to the current USA. Check it out and maybe you'll think "oh boy, that's really what's going on."

Yea the part when the kid is like "dad you know Im worth 6 figures" and Marty is like "yea but its all tied up in crypto so heres a little lesson on liquidity" 

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1391
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2022, 10:33:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yea the part when the kid is like "dad you know Im worth 6 figures" and Marty is like "yea but its all tied up in crypto so heres a little lesson on liquidity"

I wasn't even thinking about that, more so the blatant purchasing of politicians and creation of laws/regulation through their foundation. but that's a good point. all in all, anything to do with markets, while working folks 401K or retirement is tied up in there, it's all a money laundering scheme and it's becoming increasingly unstable during this later stage of global capitalism.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2554
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2022, 10:44:51 AM »
I found this conversation between Evgeny Morozov and Adam Tooze interesting. IMHO, it goes into a bit more depth than what I usually run across re: crypto. I'm not a crypto guy so maybe this is all dumb or old news, but Tooze is a an excellent economic historian so to me it carries more weight than the constant dunking and counter-dunking that often comes with any conversation on crypto.

https://adamtooze.substack.com/p/chartbook-74-crypto-and-the-politics
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2022, 11:06:49 AM »
okay so wait...if you invest in crypto, and own like....100k in bitcoin or whatever the fuck....how do you pull it out and spend it on real shit in real life?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2022, 11:18:55 AM »
if you held short positions then you would have made money yesterday, just had to be paying attention

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2022, 11:55:57 AM »
if you held short positions then you would have made money yesterday, just had to be paying attention

Ah, so I take it you made enough money yesterday to finally buy those skeleton key shirts?

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2022, 12:00:53 PM »
Skelecoin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2022, 12:48:00 PM »

stop DMing my daughter your shitty financial advice

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2022, 02:00:59 PM »
okay so wait...if you invest in crypto, and own like....100k in bitcoin or whatever the fuck....how do you pull it out and spend it on real shit in real life?

the ones who made money, sold their coins to other people before bubbles pop

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2022, 03:15:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the ones who made money, sold their coins to other people before bubbles pop

Ding ding ding

If anything goes south in a big way, you're gonna be left holding a bag of air
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 07:18:16 PM by DaleSr »