Author Topic: HVX200 Theft Protection  (Read 671 times)

skyler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
HVX200 Theft Protection
« on: January 24, 2022, 04:57:38 PM »
Lots cameras have been being stolen recently so hid an AirTag tracker inside one of the DVCs in my HVX200 camera bag. Completely unnoticeable when in the case.

suckmadeck

• Rep: 28
Re: HVX200 Theft Protection
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 12:53:41 PM »
Lots cameras have been being stolen recently so hid an AirTag tracker inside one of the DVCs in my HVX200 camera bag. Completely unnoticeable when in the case.

I'd go one step further and remove the tape inside the actual plastic and put the tag in there, put it back together then put the tape in the camera. They can bin the bag but the tape will be inside longer than the camera will.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 05:35:45 PM »
this is badass.

But dumb question: what is the recourse when you have tracked a stolen camera? do you call the cops? do the cops act on GPS tracker information? are they gonna send the swat team to the theif's house and reclaim the crew's skateboard cam? I've actually always wondered about this.

here in NYC it seems like the police don't give a single fuck about stolen packages and the like, so I would be curious what the police station would say if you called in like "my shit is stolen but I know where it is"

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 07:57:10 PM »
this is badass.

But dumb question: what is the recourse when you have tracked a stolen camera? do you call the cops? do the cops act on GPS tracker information? are they gonna send the swat team to the theif's house and reclaim the crew's skateboard cam? I've actually always wondered about this.

here in NYC it seems like the police don't give a single fuck about stolen packages and the like, so I would be curious what the police station would say if you called in like "my shit is stolen but I know where it is"

I am from a small town outside of Seattle and all of my gear got stolen when I was moving out of my place and putting stuff at my parents. They stole every single camera and skateboard I had in my truck. It was easily 10k+ of gear and boards. Very small town so word got around and one day I randomly got a Facebook message saying this dude he knew who had my gear. He tried to sell it to him but didn't want any of it. Long story short I found out who the kid was and the cops wouldn't do jack shit. So I ended up going to the kid's house and I went through the super small apartment looking for any of my stuff. Ended up coming up short and couldn't find any of it I am sure he somehow found out that I knew it was him. This was about a year ago. Never saw the gear again. VX1000, mk1, sony a7iii, hvx200, film cameras, jake johnson first pro board. Lots of stuff...

suckmadeck

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 06:46:26 AM »
Expand Quote
this is badass.

[close]

I am from a small town outside of Seattle and all of my gear got stolen when I was moving out of my place and putting stuff at my parents. They stole every single camera and skateboard I had in my truck. It was easily 10k+ of gear and boards. Very small town so word got around and one day I randomly got a Facebook message saying this dude he knew who had my gear. He tried to sell it to him but didn't want any of it. Long story short I found out who the kid was and the cops wouldn't do jack shit. So I ended up going to the kid's house and I went through the super small apartment looking for any of my stuff. Ended up coming up short and couldn't find any of it I am sure he somehow found out that I knew it was him. This was about a year ago. Never saw the gear again. VX1000, mk1, sony a7iii, hvx200, film cameras, jake johnson first pro board. Lots of stuff...

God damnit what a little fucking turd. My hearts hurts for you homie.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 11:43:42 PM »
Expand Quote
this is badass.

[close]

:'(  :'(

fuck a thief