Author Topic: Are any "OG shoe" wearers disappointed with how reissues are being handled?  (Read 1226 times)

ssNB462

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Whether you're older and a collector or in your 20's buying these shoes for the first time to skateboard in like me.. Is anybody else pissed off with how companies like eS, DC, and I guess even Osiris are handling OG reissues? None of these companies are making their classic tech shoes available regularly. It's always a limited release of some sort.

All I want literally is to be able to skate DC Lynxes, DC Legacy OGs, eS Tribos, eS Schemes, etc on the regular. Shoes like that. They last so long and after going back to fat cupsole shoes in 2018 when the reissue trend started.. I can't stand the vulc Vans like shoes that everyone jumps on nowadays.
I've honestly been boycotting DC because of their handling of OG shoes. It's so annoying. They hype up the Philly Guys and don't make the shoes lmao. They dropped one Lynx collab recently for the first time since September? It's super wack. Hoping Osiris drops that Graff soon finally.

How do feel about this, my fellow puffy shoe wearing, boardfeel deniers? Axion seems sick rn honestly they're back and dropping the kinda stuff I like.
Boardfeel is a myth
Come back Adio, we miss you

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
99% of people don't want the big puffy shoes hence the limited releases.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
A good portion of us like puffy skate shoes

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

ssNB462

99% of people don't want the big puffy shoes hence the limited releases.
Lol. I wouldn't go that far but I respect it. I feel like the "majority" still prefer thin, vulc shoes but a good number want these shoes now. Hence why they sell out instantly and people are constantly asking DC for example, to drop more shoes.
A good portion of us like puffy skate shoes
Truuu.
Boardfeel is a myth

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
Get some globe sabre or Chet 4s.  Some air forces or get whatever cupsole and put kitchen sponges in it.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
There's money to be made in exclusivity- if supply went up demand would go down and they wouldn't be able to charge so much money for them, and surplus stock equals 30 buck shoes.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
I continuously miss the DC Lynx OG and Legacy OG reissues.
I play the "will I actually wear these or do I just miss those times?" game until they've all sold out

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
lol the only disappointment when i got the accels out of the box was like "man I dont remember these things being this fucking HUGE" i really liked the way they looked thouh and i got fuck load of compliments about them. it took me a bit to get used to skating them but at the end of the day it felt fine to me i could keep skating thme if i really wanted, i just prefer new bal and adidas.
ONTARIO CANADA

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
I pondered those Accel OGs but again didn't pull the trigger. Had some Penny/PJ flashbacks. I know that once Accels were properly broken in, I could skate really good in them, but I more or less just use Half Cabs

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
Vans finally got a re-release of the Rowley Pros right.  Shame they apparently didn’t make many.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Fhk

It was a huge awakening for me when I skated my OG Kalis last Summer. I'm not opposed to skating puffy shoes but those things never saw a second session.

ssNB462

There's money to be made in exclusivity- if supply went up demand would go down and they wouldn't be able to charge so much money for them, and surplus stock equals 30 buck shoes.
Yeah I mean sadly you're not wrong. This seems to be what DC is doing. Although I really do think their shoes would sell anyway. It's just the $120 per pair that causes hesitation I think. But honestly spending that for shoes that last 6 months- a year is totally worth it. I skated a pair of Kalis OGs most recently that lasted 6 months. I can still skate em honestly but dey pretty worn lol.

I just wish one of these companies would make a single late 90s-2000s tech shoe on the regs. One that looks fire and is great for skating. It could be done without the demand dropping and all that.
It was a huge awakening for me when I skated my OG Kalis last Summer. I'm not opposed to skating puffy shoes but those things never saw a second session.
Really? Refer to my reply in the above quote haha. I guess they're not for everybody. I thought the Kalis OG's skated perfect. One of my favorites to skate in honestly. Legacy OGs are good too but they're bricks. They takes ages to break in lol.
Boardfeel is a myth

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
I play the "will I actually wear these or do I just miss those times?" game until they've all sold out

Let them sit in Shopping Cart limbo for a bit until they go on sale or get sold out, spend less money than expected or zero money.

I'm sure it's 99% nostalgia talking, same with decks and trucks from our youth perceived to be better than they really are. If you're still itching for shoes at discount prices just drink the Kool Aid and come to the Gear Sale Thread, I'm sure you'll find something eventually catering to your taste.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

ssNB462

Expand Quote
[close]

Let them sit in Shopping Cart limbo for a bit until they go on sale or get sold out, spend less money than expected or zero money.

I'm sure it's 99% nostalgia talking, same with decks and trucks from our youth perceived to be better than they really are. If you're still itching for shoes at discount prices just drink the Kool Aid and come to the Gear Sale Thread, I'm sure you'll find something eventually catering to your taste.
The decks and trucks for sure but the shoes really are that good. Honestly. Not saying there aren't shoes from those times that suck. Of course there are.
Legacy OGs are the longest lasting shoe I've ever skated. I skated a pair for 8 months and then wore them as beaters for almost 2 years after that.
Boardfeel is a myth

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
Expand Quote
[close]

As soon as I see Lynx or Legacy OG, I get transported back to smoking weed (which I haven't done in like 13 years), playing Thrasher Skate & Destroy on PS1 and wearing baggy tech AWS pants with *drum roll* Lynx or Legacy. Pretty sure wearing a beanie while I do all of the aforementioned also. It annoys me that I never appreciated those times until they were over. But I guess that's how that works

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
Give me the Ipath 1985s and we good dawg

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
Give me the Ipath 1985s Grasshoppers, Cats, Panthers and we good dawg

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
Re: Are any "OG shoe" wearers disappointed with how reissues are being handled?
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2022, 01:19:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

As soon as I see Lynx or Legacy OG, I get transported back to smoking weed (which I haven't done in like 13 years), playing Thrasher Skate & Destroy on PS1 and wearing baggy tech AWS pants with *drum roll* Lynx or Legacy. Pretty sure wearing a beanie while I do all of the aforementioned also. It annoys me that I never appreciated those times until they were over. But I guess that's how that works

I’m happy to leave those shoes in the past but since they’re here, it would sit better with me if kids tried to emulate this exact vibe you’re describing. I mean really go for it, not this mish mash of 00s shoes with big boy pants and pseudo raver shirts.

IF YOU’RE NOT WEARING PANTS WITH DRAWSTRINGS TAKE OFF THE STEVIE WILLIAMS REISSUES
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2022, 02:29:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Give me the Ipath 1985s Grasshoppers, Cats, Panthers and we good dawg
[close]

panthers were/ are so good, don't really seen any center stitch models.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2022, 06:42:36 AM »
Ive been wanting the black white and gum yogi mids for half my life, maybe more. And I want the Reed mids too.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2022, 05:54:53 PM »
https://www.pureboardshop.com/search?q=lynx

For anyone looking to try a DC modern reissue, use code SSD2022 for 20% off.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2022, 08:15:09 AM »
Yes. I had no problems skating in big puffy shoes in the past and they keep your feet comfy. I’ve seen people go big and tech wearing timberland boots. The option should still be there, board feel comes fine when your used to skating a puffy shoe. Plus they look better.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"