Author Topic: skaters who have had a pro shoe on more than 1 company  (Read 3406 times)

xrossings

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 61
Re: skaters who have had a pro shoe on more than 1 company
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2022, 01:11:17 PM »
did pat duffy have a pro shoe on macbeth?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2228
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2022, 01:22:17 PM »
did pat duffy have a pro shoe on macbeth?

I thought that as well but I think it was just a colour way or edition type thing as I searched decently for those when I made my list and couldn't find anything more than a his name on a model that wasn't a pro shoe. And for me if you can't find a picture or an ad of it, you can't count it.

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 554
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2022, 01:29:39 PM »
There's no difference in my memory between Vox, 88, and Dekline

Did anyone go 3/3? Duffman?

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2022, 08:56:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Which ones would you like to know about young man?
[close]

well the one i’m most curious about is if that recs pat duffy existed because if it did then he might be the only skater with pro shoes on 5 different brands. from what i’ve read in interviews all of the og pros on recs got pro shoes but i can’t find any evidence online. also i’d like to know for sure if the syntax was moses itkonen’s shoe or just a team model that he repped. i’m pretty sure about the rest of the stuff i’ve said in this thread.
[close]

I don't believe a Recs Pat Duffy shoe existed. To be honest I'm not sure if any Recs pro models were released. I definitely can't confirm it unless I dig through all my old mags. Not sure which other four you're talking about with Pat Duffy, but by my count he's had shoes on three different companies. Pyro, Vox, and Airspeed.

The Syntax was a team model and in no way a Moses Itkonen pro shoe. Moses did have a pro shoe on Duffs in the later years, but that's it.

Expand Quote
@Watson  can you confirm a few of these for me?

Berra: airwalk

Lance mountain: Adidas, Nike (looks like he never had a pro model to me...?)
[close]

Steve Berra did not have a pro shoe on Airwalk. Steve is sitting at three with Adio, DVS, and DC.

Lance Mountain only had a pro shoe on Adidas. No other companies.

Honestly when this thread started I wanted to hop in and help keep track of what's right and wrong, but this whole thread is a mess of wrong answers and misinformation that it was giving me anxiety ahaha.

could be that they just released samples of them but this is the fred gall shoe. i also remember seeing a recs adam mcnatt in the made for skate book, but these are the only two that i could find any evidence of them ever existing. yeah macbeth might have been just a colorway, i just remembered that there were macbeth pat duffy shoes in ea skate 2.

thanks for clearing that up with the syntax, i remembered that from a polish skate mag that had an article on the history of skate shoes, but i double checked and they labeled it as an „unofficial pro model” because it was a synthetic dc shoe that moses repped because he was vegan.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate