Author Topic: Brand Loyalty  (Read 3687 times)

Cthunderw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
Re: Brand Loyalty
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2022, 08:56:06 PM »
I'm loyal to Vancouver then I am to any particular brand, but I usually only buy stuff if it's from products I either trust or am interested in trying out.  I generally stay away from Dwindle and Skate One, and I like to try new smaller brands with interesting products (like everyone else here).

A few products I've bought in the last while include Spenny's Satori wheels because they have a different contact patch to Spits and I didn't have 101a conicals, Bree's debut Girl deck in an 8 because it seems like a fun shape for a small board, and a Sascha Daley Pigpen deck.

makesureyoulandbolts

• Rep: -48
  • fuck you
    • SUPREME BITCH avatar image
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2022, 09:21:13 PM »

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2022, 10:07:14 PM »
Whoever has the cheapest deals

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2022, 02:42:44 AM »
Boards: 14" wb, 7.625 / 7.75 / 7.81. Mostly the green Anti Hero eagle but if Alien made pointy nose / tail boards in this size, would use. Not really into any deck brands.
Also, I like small egg shapes. 8.3 as long as I can use 139s

Trucks: Indy 129 on regular board and 139 on egg

Wheels: Spitfire 48s, 50s, 52s on regular setup. Will use boardycakes 44s on egg or the SF 48s

Hardware: Shortys 7/8 Allen

Grip: Jessup

Clothing: I don't really wear "skate clothes" anymore. Definitely wouldn't buy a 70-150 dollar hoodie.

Shoes: Van's half cabs. I have 2 pairs of Adidas that hurt my feet and a pair of Nike team classics from my "trying new stuff" experiment a year ago... but I'm trying to finish them off asap to again, wear only half cabs

Also, I am bummed that I don't really follow any board brands. I miss liking a company so much that I would wear their shirts, hoodies, hats etc and only their boards. Due to picky sizes that aren't popular,  this got nixed

48mm is my sweet spot. Lil smokies will probably be my next purchase.

I am not very loyal but have been buying Adidas shoes and Dickies pants on the regular because I am old and don‘t like going to the shops to try new stuff often so once I got something that fits I‘ll just buy more of the same.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

The_9

• Rep: 22
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2022, 06:35:42 AM »
I tend to go through phases. Currently Welcome boards, ace trucks and oj wheels. Usually Bronson raw’s and whatever bolts. Always Jessup grip. Welcome and Oj is due to my daughter being a massive Nora fan. She’s on a Nora board and Nora Oj’s, and wanted me to get similar stuff. Usually skate the Ryan Townley board. Also seance video really makes me want to skate.   As for trucks I skated Indy’s for years but thought I’d see what the Ace hype was like, happy so far.

Shoes has been vans, other than LRAB’s on the first drop. They stretched loads so went back to vans. Might be tempted to try them again, only size down.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 07:40:38 AM by The_9 »

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 968
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2022, 10:06:15 AM »
I got a dm few months back. Idky I can’t see it now but I can’t.

Was the best looking brand I ever saw. They had boards with variations on the crass logo and dope shapes too.

The artist/owner had glasses I think. Long brown or dirty blonde hair.

I would like to buy one of those boards rn. I’m about to start filling with my homie max. We got to try and make a split part for the next pals.

We got this clip on fisheye lens for the iPhone. I got two good tracks too. I just gotta put compression on one because it has a clip in the drums only part. Normally I’d let that go but it’s a hard clip with no camo.

Anyway I want to film one for the punks and I feel like I need that board. I already got a dope top graphic painted on a roll of grip. I can’t wait to show you all. My hairs are on end thinking about it rn.

All the rest is going to be vehicle boards pretty much. I gotta back recycling and I got to back up Robbie.

Otherwise I’d be looking at dgk. All the best dudes in my town. The ones who are taking the ledge shit that I love to the brink are down with dgk.

Gotta fuck with what is fucking with Boston kids. I’ve always been about that whenever I can
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2022, 10:46:30 AM »
For the longest time Emerica - I just love the minimal branding, their team, the history, the way the shoes skate and just there overall identity in skateboarding.

Same here. They have my favorite shoes and I love the team and their image. I can't resist the green tint

dofrenzy

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2022, 11:43:04 AM »
About 5 years before I started skating I found a PP skull-and-sword and skull-and-snake on Amazon and bought them figuring I might learn to skate.  I knew almost nothing about skateboards and had no idea there were a bunch of other skate companies.  When I finally started skating (2019) I was ALL about Powell-Peralta but, having been steeped in the culture for nearly 3 years now, PP has lost some appeal for me.

Right now I am vibing with Welcome and Krooked, my favorite skaters being Ronnie Sandoval and Nora Vasconcellos.  I had a blast on Ronnie’s board in the past and am riding Nora’s board right now.

I might be loyal to the PP Ray Rodriguez skull-and-sword wheels, 58mm 90A, but considering experimenting with some spitfires.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2022, 12:12:07 PM »

Right now I am vibing with Welcome and Krooked, my favorite skaters being Ronnie Sandoval and Nora Vasconcellos.  I had a blast on Ronnie’s board in the past and am riding Nora’s board right now.

I fuck with the Krooked Sandoval shape. I’ve had two of em and love em

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 848
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2022, 01:04:04 PM »
I got a dm few months back. Idky I can’t see it now but I can’t.

Was the best looking brand I ever saw. They had boards with variations on the crass logo and dope shapes too.

The artist/owner had glasses I think. Long brown or dirty blonde hair.

I would like to buy one of those boards rn. I’m about to start filling with my homie max. We got to try and make a split part for the next pals.

We got this clip on fisheye lens for the iPhone. I got two good tracks too. I just gotta put compression on one because it has a clip in the drums only part. Normally I’d let that go but it’s a hard clip with no camo.

Anyway I want to film one for the punks and I feel like I need that board. I already got a dope top graphic painted on a roll of grip. I can’t wait to show you all. My hairs are on end thinking about it rn.

All the rest is going to be vehicle boards pretty much. I gotta back recycling and I got to back up Robbie.

Otherwise I’d be looking at dgk. All the best dudes in my town. The ones who are taking the ledge shit that I love to the brink are down with dgk.

Gotta fuck with what is fucking with Boston kids. I’ve always been about that whenever I can

Gangemi's boards are awesome. I don't know what he does differently but they have the lightest, most weightless pop feel. The shapes are really good too but I think he need to slightly tweak a few things and some dimensions, if he did that they might actually pass PS as my preferred wood. Great old man boards for anyone over 30 who reads this.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2022, 01:12:09 PM »
Deluxe and DLXSF all day. All of those cats are family.

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 117
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2022, 01:52:54 PM »
only skated with emerica reynolds mids since summer 2013, but thats not brand loyalty. its G6 loyalty <3

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2022, 04:12:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Boards: 14" wb, 7.625 / 7.75 / 7.81. Mostly the green Anti Hero eagle but if Alien made pointy nose / tail boards in this size, would use. Not really into any deck brands.

Wheels: Spitfire 48s, 50s, 52s on regular setup. Will use boardycakes 44s on egg or the SF 48s

Clothing: I don't really wear "skate clothes" anymore. Definitely wouldn't buy a 70-150 dollar hoodie.

Shoes: Van's half cabs. I have 2 pairs of Adidas that hurt my feet and a pair of Nike team classics from my "trying new stuff" experiment a year ago... but I'm trying to finish them off asap to again, wear only half cabs

Also, I am bummed that I don't really follow any board brands. I miss liking a company so much that I would wear their shirts, hoodies, hats etc and only their boards. Due to picky sizes that aren't popular,  this got nixed
[close]

I am not very loyal but have been buying Adidas shoes and Dickies pants on the regular because I am old and don‘t like going to the shops to try new stuff often so once I got something that fits I‘ll just buy more of the same.

Imagine living somewhere that riding a 48mm wheel is even possible.

biaherl

• Rep: 267
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2022, 04:16:12 PM »

Hi (hand waving emoji)

YawnJawns

• Rep: 6
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2022, 04:27:47 PM »
Swiss bearings
Prime example of ugly on the inside, ugly on the outside.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2022, 04:57:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2022, 05:01:11 PM »
There’s brands I’m loyal to, but that doesn’t mean I won’t try other brands.

Decks: Black Label, Doomsayers as of recent. I’ve skated other companies, but when new decks come out from them, I fan out.

Trucks: I like to try them all. I’m currently on Ventures and I like them a lot. I always think about going back to Indy and staying with them, but that just sounds boring. I’ll be jumping around for while probably.

Wheels: Spitfire. Has been for the last 10+ years. I’ve tried other wheels, it just never feels right.

Bearings: I’ve never had a loyalty to any bearing until the last few years when I started riding Bronson. G3’s are my favorites. I did have some Super Reds once that were hand-me-downs and they were great. I just always cringe for some reason when I think about Bones.

Grip: MOB. Tried other grips. Can’t do it. It’s been like that since MOB came out.

Hardware: Can’t stick to a brand. I wish there was a brand I was really stoked on. Been thinking of doing my own brand for fun. Solve my own problem.

Thanks for reading. This all means nothing to you.

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2022, 09:47:43 PM »
Being from San Fransisco I ❤️ DLX, I back (Thunder/Spitfire/Krooked/Real) heavy. The way Jim treats people trickles down to a lot of people at Deluxe , very genuine , kind and a real sense of community (Bay & skate). It is so rad that one of the most influential dudes in skating / one of the most important distributors is run by one humble and genuine motherfucker lol. 

mamba

• Rep: 144
  • Sucka free
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2022, 10:02:47 PM »
honestly polar. i’m not stoked on a lot of board brands these days but polar stands out for me.

biaherl

• Rep: 267
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2022, 10:11:19 PM »
honestly polar. i’m not stoked on a lot of board brands these days but polar stands out for me.

I have a coworker from West Africa with the nickname Mamba and it's not because of the snake, at least not the one you're thinking of?

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2022, 11:51:04 PM »
Bones
Indi trucks and bearings
Anti hero or krooked
Vans

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2022, 11:59:48 PM »
Boards rotate between quasi/polar/deluxe

Spitfire always

Vans always

Ended my relationship with Indy this year  :'( :'(

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2022, 10:07:59 AM »

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2022, 10:11:06 AM »
There's only one Tail Devil.   All the other's are just carbon copies.